What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (10 Viewers)

Elote is some of the best upscale Mexican I’ve had in a long time.  If you’re ever in Sedona, check it out.  You won’t be disappointed.

ETA:  Apparently we’re in Mountain Time.  Good to know.
Damn. I was in Sedona last month. And I just quit the job that sent me there. 

turns out when someone sends a pill or two wrapped in a paper bindle (I hadn't seen one of those in years--it made me laugh) wrapped inside a greeting card with a picture of a dog that looks like Hostage Dog through the mail, the mail sorting machine will crush them into powder.   still worked, though.

turns out when someone sends a pill or two wrapped in a paper bindle (I hadn't seen one of those in years--it made me laugh) wrapped inside a greeting card with a picture of a dog that looks like Hostage Dog through the mail, the mail sorting machine will crush them into powder.   still worked, though.
Bindle? I prefer "hobo stick" (NSFW language)

@-fish- dude.  I know you’re hella busy. But!  How about a quick 2 day ski trip. No kids, etc.  just you and me?  :GAY:  :confetti:  crystal point. Let me know. 

@-fish- dude.  I know you’re hella busy. But!  How about a quick 2 day ski trip. No kids, etc.  just you and me?  :GAY:  :confetti:  crystal point. Let me know. 
I'd love to.   Don't know when I can while it's still decent.   I'll text you next week after roverkid starts her treatment and see what's going on.

Bindle? I prefer "hobo stick" (NSFW language)
I'll never be able to think of Roger Miller the same way again.

Holy crap. About to do my first open mic comedy stand up.  

If you don’t hear from me later...I probably ate a gun.
Well, well, well, look at the self-styled "Lenny Bruce of Oildale" over here.  (What would that even look like? Actually, upon reflection I think I have a pretty good idea;  40 year old "Hee-Haw" jokes, liberally sprinkled with the eff word and nicotine.)

Holy crap. About to do my first open mic comedy stand up.  

If you don’t hear from me later...I probably ate a gun.
I started typing something to bust your balls... but #### it- that's great. very cool you're trying something new in your twilight years. dammit. sorry. I hope it went well- looking forward to hearing about it. you have to give us some of your routine...

I think it went pretty well.  I know I got plenty of laughs but It's hard to tell when you're up there.  I need to slow down my delivery...I know a couple of jokes got swallowed up because I didn't wait long enough for the last line to die out.

The guy that hosted it is a friend of my son and he's also a substitute teacher in out district.  I asked him after "No BS.  Give me an honest evaluation."  

He said "No curve....B+"

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got on the treadmill again this morning with only a little soreness. I think I'm past that weird back episode. Which means a disc fragment will attempt to escape my spine by 10 AM tomorrow.  :lmao:

I think it went pretty well.  I know I got plenty of laughs but It's hard to tell when you're up there.  I need to slow down my delivery...I know a couple of jokes got swallowed up because I didn't wait long enough for the last line to die out.

The guy that hosted it is a friend of my son's and he's also a substitute teacher in out district.  I asked him after "No BS.  Give me an honest evaluation."  

He said "No curve....B+"

let us be the judges.

tell us a joke, funny-man.

btw- still think its amazing you did this. 

how did you feel going up there? nervous? had you practiced your routine, or did you wing most of it?

btw- still think its amazing you did this. 

how did you feel going up there? nervous? had you practiced your routine, or did you wing most of it?
Fairly nervous but not much worse than what I do for a living.  I absolutely practiced.  There are people that just go up and try to relate funny stories etc.  That doesn't really go over that well.

Fairly nervous but not much worse than what I do for a living*.  I absolutely practiced.  There are people that just go up and try to relate funny stories etc.  That doesn't really go over that well.

*that's actually part of a bit I haven't done yet.  

"Somebody asked me if I was nervous about getting up in front of a crowd  'what if they don't like you? what if there are hecklers?'.  Look, I teach junior high.  Everyday I get in front of 185 13 years olds that absolutely hate going to school.  Nervous? That's like asking a Navy Seal if he's nervous about going to play Lazer-Tag."
my ex's bestfriend's ex is a writer guy who did the pickup artist book. before that, he was a music writer for different outlets and was tasked with writing a piece about stand-up. 

he did a bit at open-mic night at Dangerfield's here in the city that we all went to for support. he read from note-cards and looked petrified... still got some good laughs, but said he'd never do it again- terrifying. this coming from the guy that ghost-wrote marilyn manson's "auto"biography. 

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Fairly nervous but not much worse than what I do for a living*.  I absolutely practiced.  There are people that just go up and try to relate funny stories etc.  That doesn't really go over that well.

*that's actually part of a bit I haven't done yet.  

"Somebody asked me if I was nervous about getting up in front of a crowd  'what if they don't like you? what if there are hecklers?'.  Look, I teach junior high.  Everyday I get in front of 185 13 years olds that absolutely hate going to school.  Nervous? That's like asking a Navy Seal if he's nervous about going to play Lazer-Tag."
do NOT tell us it wasn't videoed.

The guy that hosted it is a friend of my son's and he's also a substitute teacher in out district.  I asked him after "No BS.  Give me an honest evaluation."  

He said "No curve....B+"

Be curious on your process...writing, rehearsing, etc.  Been tasked with doing this too. Scurred.

He said "No curve....B+"

With no curve that's about as good as it gets. 

We have lost 2 people from my team the past week - one got a promotion to go to a different part of the company; the other got a promotion to go to a competitor.  It was already busy every day.  Now it's going to be ridiculous.  I need sleep.

I recommend getting a promotion. 🤔

Seriously, gl RC.
Thanks.

I actually already got a promotion.  I got one to join this team.  I've been with the company for 7 weeks now.  A lot is expected of me, and with 2 of the most experienced people on the team leaving, I'm going to have to do a lot.

That said, I really like this company, my teammates, and this job.  We will eventually hire replacements and things will go back to just being regular busy.  The interview process for me was intense - I met with 15 people with some of the times being with 3 or 4 at once.  One day I met with 7 people, although not all at the same time.  It was a whirlwind with a new set of interviews every week for 3 weeks until I got an offer.   We will be hiring lower level people than me so hopefully we won't need to get input from so many people.  It's a big company so they have their process and they are going to stick with it, but we need help.

Thanks.

I actually already got a promotion.  I got one to join this team.  I've been with the company for 7 weeks now.  A lot is expected of me, and with 2 of the most experienced people on the team leaving, I'm going to have to do a lot.

That said, I really like this company, my teammates, and this job.  We will eventually hire replacements and things will go back to just being regular busy.  The interview process for me was intense - I met with 15 people with some of the times being with 3 or 4 at once.  One day I met with 7 people, although not all at the same time.  It was a whirlwind with a new set of interviews every week for 3 weeks until I got an offer.   We will be hiring lower level people than me so hopefully we won't need to get input from so many people.  It's a big company so they have their process and they are going to stick with it, but we need help.
Man. That's awesome. 

This could be a great opportunity to really show em what ya got. 

But, as you say, temporarily. 

👍

Users who are viewing this thread