What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (18 Viewers)

My Costco is a treasure trove. Found a whole filet loin, mismarked as veal cutlets. Got it a $9.99/lb. sweet!
even better than the coffee score of the century!

I miss a couple things about our spot in MD. easier beach access for one. Walmart superstore for duh. so much cheaper than our stores here. and I ended up swiping a couple things by accident at the self checkout... pair of sweatpants and slip on sneakers. I'm still looking over my shoulder for some fat ### on a rascal with a walmart badge to chase me down.

My wife left texas 3 weeks ago to quarantine before filming another tv show for the next month. I'll see her sometime in August or Septemner.  AMA

First of all, how are you?
Bored to death. Me and two small dogs in our Austin place which we relocated to permanently a month ago.  Getting rid if the Vancouver house because flying back and forth every 2 weeks simply isnt much fun at the moment. I've done 200k miles a year the last 3 and dont care if I ever get one plane again. Otherwise i am good and have nothing to complain about. 

First of all, how are you?
Bored to death. Me and two small dogs in our Austin place which we relocated to permanently a month ago.  Getting rid if the Vancouver house because flying back and forth every 2 weeks simply isnt much fun at the moment. I've done 200k miles a year the last 3 and dont care if I ever get one plane again. Otherwise i am good and have nothing to complain about. 

found myself thinking about @-fish- kid and hoping all is well and right for her. got shipped off somewhere for the summer I think?
Nah, she's here.   She went to Hawaii for a while in March.   She's been taking her friends out on my smaller boat lately, and she passed her driving test and written test so she'll get her driver's license the day she turns 16 next week.   Got her a Jeep for her birthday, so I probably won't see her much for the rest of the summer.

I'm home. Still too hammered to handle.

Trying to to decide if I turn this into a cautionary tale for the kids or not. Were talking about watching the movie Fame. Completely drinks.

some jackwagon in my near neighborhood is lighting off city-level fireworks. sounds like mortar blasts and rapid gunfire.

awesome

Christ...that was bad.

I had a beer and two strong margheritas...not enough to get me that drunk. My thinking is that I got food poisoning from a premade bagged salad I had for lunch right before drinking...and maybe dehydrated on a hot as Hades day, all combined with the drinks.  

I wrote those posts above around 6pm...I spent the next 7 hours in the bathroom completely out of it, weak, dizzy, puking, and had no idea wtf was going on. I thought I had been there for like half an hour.

I've puked enough times previously from drinking to know what that feels like...not this. At some point late, my wife was trying to get me to move from hover position over the toilet to the bed. I think she was in full hazmat mode in case this was something worse like the covid. Has me locked up quarantined in our bedroom this morning. But I'm feeling more normal at least.

Silver lining- I didn't have to watch Fame.

Christ...that was bad.

I had a beer and two strong margheritas...not enough to get me that drunk. My thinking is that I got food poisoning from a premade bagged salad I had for lunch right before drinking...and maybe dehydrated on a hot as Hades day, all combined with the drinks.  

I wrote those posts above around 6pm...I spent the next 7 hours in the bathroom completely out of it, weak, dizzy, puking, and had no idea wtf was going on. I thought I had been there for like half an hour.

I've puked enough times previously from drinking to know what that feels like...not this. At some point late, my wife was trying to get me to move from hover position over the toilet to the bed. I think she was in full hazmat mode in case this was something worse like the covid. Has me locked up quarantined in our bedroom this morning. But I'm feeling more normal at least.

Silver lining- I didn't have to watch Fame.
Maybe you were roofied.  It it makes you feel any better the Red Bulls continue to own Atlanta.

Maybe you were roofied.  It it makes you feel any better the Red Bulls continue to own Atlanta.
We thought about that too. Not sure why or who would've done it...and I didn't pass out- wish I had. So maybe not. Just completely discombobulated. I was also overly sensitive to light, and felt like I could only function if I was leaning over, couldn't stand or sit up...in case anybody is still sleuthing this.

But I'm sticking with: Ms Margherita with a bagged salad in the bathroom- final guess.

We thought about that too. Not sure why or who would've done it...and I didn't pass out- wish I had. So maybe not. Just completely discombobulated. I was also overly sensitive to light, and felt like I could only function if I was leaning over, couldn't stand or sit up...in case anybody is still sleuthing this.

But I'm sticking with: Ms Margherita with a bagged salad in the bathroom- final guess.
Glad you are feeling better GB

just to be on the safe side, tell the proprietors of the place you were drinking at what experience you had. might be a missing puzzle piece  :shrug:

I'd love to log in as wetdream and respond to who would roofie @El Floppo, or @krista4 telling @Otis that he can't get multiple colonoscopies as a fad diet, or any of a number of posts that could use the subtle touch of an unsubtle alias, but someone seems to have gotten him permabanned on June 23rd. @Bob Sacamano you wouldn't happen to know how that could happen would you 
Did John Bender ever have the keys?  They went pretty deep removing any alias he was associated with.  I think that was more like June 12th though 

I have a career miltary cousin who is always posting memes about the "snowflakes" and "if you can't handle me being non-pc don't be my friend" and that ilk on facebook.  Twice in the last few months I have managed to anger him with jokes, which I find funny.   My dad was one of 10 kids and the oldest living aunt passed away last week from Parkinsons (no t&p needed, she did it her way surrounded by family) and in a thread where everyone was posting stories about her my cousin wrote "I will never forget when Aunt Ann sat me down in my teens and talked to me about dating, and I still have the gift box she gave me to test any girl I was interested in dating." He did not go into detail even though several other cousins including my aunt's kids asked about what the gift box was.  I posted "Unless you tell us I will just assume it was this..." and then posted the #### in a Box gif. He was offended.  My dad's family all have a wierd sense of humor, the uncles have dressed up as pirates, clowns, pimps for weddings, came out as chickens for the Chicken dance, frogs for Jerimiah was Bullfrog, had a Christmas in July party where two were Hump and Lick the elves and gave out "Safe Socks" to everyone....  This joke was not in bad taste for the audience.

I have a career miltary cousin who is always posting memes about the "snowflakes" and "if you can't handle me being non-pc don't be my friend" and that ilk on facebook.  Twice in the last few months I have managed to anger him with jokes, which I find funny.   My dad was one of 10 kids and the oldest living aunt passed away last week from Parkinsons (no t&p needed, she did it her way surrounded by family) and in a thread where everyone was posting stories about her my cousin wrote "I will never forget when Aunt Ann sat me down in my teens and talked to me about dating, and I still have the gift box she gave me to test any girl I was interested in dating." He did not go into detail even though several other cousins including my aunt's kids asked about what the gift box was.  I posted "Unless you tell us I will just assume it was this..." and then posted the #### in a Box gif. He was offended.  My dad's family all have a wierd sense of humor, the uncles have dressed up as pirates, clowns, pimps for weddings, came out as chickens for the Chicken dance, frogs for Jerimiah was Bullfrog, had a Christmas in July party where two were Hump and Lick the elves and gave out "Safe Socks" to everyone....  This joke was not in bad taste for the audience.
"Settle down, snowflake. Are you triggered?"

That should fix it.

I'd love to log in as wetdream and respond to who would roofie @El Floppo, or @krista4 telling @Otis that he can't get multiple colonoscopies as a fad diet, or any of a number of posts that could use the subtle touch of an unsubtle alias, but someone seems to have gotten him permabanned on June 23rd. @Bob Sacamano you wouldn't happen to know how that could happen would you 
Definitely not, based on the posts I can see from June 23. Could it have been a one-off? Maybe. Nothing I can recall. I feel like it's been a while. But nearly a month is a while.

Is that from the back yard? That is scary.
Fortunately, no. We do have a "mountain" I could snap a pic of from my backyard, but my wife hates the footing coming down the trail, so we drive 15 mins to hike a different one. :mellow:

And that's close enough for me, thanks. We've been in this house 15 years, and this year has seen the two closest fires we've had. And it's quite early for the fires we're seeing.

Fortunately, no. We do have a "mountain" I could snap a pic of from my backyard, but my wife hates the footing coming down the trail, so we drive 15 mins to hike a different one. :mellow:

And that's close enough for me, thanks. We've been in this house 15 years, and this year has seen the two closest fires we've had. And it's quite early for the fires we're seeing.
Some of the most expensive suburban real estate in Austin is in and around cedar-filled canyons that are bone-dry and getting drier. At least two more months of fire season.

Users who are viewing this thread