What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

So I'm bragging about him?

Still lost here. Unless you're thinking my apartment is somehow reflected in his? Not exactly how it works here, especially in my neighborhood... A mix of crappy old tenements, some old crappy townhouses, housing projects (from low to middle income) and brand new luxury rental and condo buildings (like where this guy lived). I can assure you those buildings haven't made my little spot any nicer.

So I'm bragging about him?

Still lost here. Unless you're thinking my apartment is somehow reflected in his? Not exactly how it works here, especially in my neighborhood... A mix of crappy old tenements, some old crappy townhouses, housing projects (from low to middle income) and brand new luxury rental and condo buildings (like where this guy lived). I can assure you those buildings haven't made my little spot any nicer.
Holy crap I'm just kidding around.

did they catch the lopper yet?
I kid, but somebody followed this guy into his building across the street and according to police comments "professionally" killed and chopped him up. I latch onto the "professional" part as linking this guy and/or his job to that danger (he ran motorcycle sharing companies in Nigeria and Bangladesh)...but if not, #### me if I can't stop thinking about this happening to me, my wife or kids.

For now there's no suspect or motive.

I kid, but somebody followed this guy into his building across the street and according to police comments "professionally" killed and chopped him up. I latch onto the "professional" part as linking this guy and/or his job to that danger (he ran motorcycle sharing companies in Nigeria and Bangladesh)...but if not, #### me if I can't stop thinking about this happening to me, my wife or kids.

For now there's no suspect or motive.
20+ years ago, a girl i was friends with in college lived in the lower half of a house with her then boyfriend.  upstairs was a woman in her early 30s. she lived alone. they would all hang out together and sort of look out for each other because it was a sketchy neighborhood. open door policy, come and go as you please... basically all one living space, but two apartments.

one night someone broke in to the apartment, got upstairs and murdered the older girl. 

my friend and her boyfriend only found out the morning after because someone noticed something amiss about the situation and police were called for a wellness check. 

i can remember talking to her about how ####### terrified she was that someone was murdered... essentially in her home... while she was there and for a while police had no suspects. no clue about a motive. nothing. just.... someone broke in and brutally murdered your friend, neighbor and housemate. she was just a wreck. couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. they bought a dog to protect the house/be an alarm. and eventually started looking for places to move to because neither of them could live with the stress.

months later, the police came and picked her boyfriend up for questioning. he confessed to the murder and is, as far as i know, still in prison.

so, what i'm saying is it's probably someone close to the guy that was known to him and you have nothing to worry about :mellow:

20+ years ago, a girl i was friends with in college lived in the lower half of a house with her then boyfriend.  upstairs was a woman in her early 30s. she lived alone. they would all hang out together and sort of look out for each other because it was a sketchy neighborhood. open door policy, come and go as you please... basically all one living space, but two apartments.

one night someone broke in to the apartment, got upstairs and murdered the older girl. 

my friend and her boyfriend only found out the morning after because someone noticed something amiss about the situation and police were called for a wellness check. 

i can remember talking to her about how ####### terrified she was that someone was murdered... essentially in her home... while she was there and for a while police had no suspects. no clue about a motive. nothing. just.... someone broke in and brutally murdered your friend, neighbor and housemate. she was just a wreck. couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. they bought a dog to protect the house/be an alarm. and eventually started looking for places to move to because neither of them could live with the stress.

months later, the police came and picked her boyfriend up for questioning. he confessed to the murder and is, as far as i know, still in prison.

so, what i'm saying is it's probably someone close to the guy that was known to him and you have nothing to worry about :mellow:
Hfs.

Yeah...thanks. given the police statements so far, I feel like this is directly related to the guy, and not some random act. But there has been a reported uptick in shootings and other violent crimes in the city @RC94 so while I'm not losing sleep over it, I'm also not feeling tiptop either.

Hfs.

Yeah...thanks. given the police statements so far, I feel like this is directly related to the guy, and not some random act. But there has been a reported uptick in shootings and other violent crimes in the city @RC94 so while I'm not losing sleep over it, I'm also not feeling tiptop either.
I can’t find the link here at home, but today at work I saw a story on this where the guy’s sister came to check on him and apparently disturbed the murderer in the process of “cleaning” the scene. It went on to say they think the killer fled out a rear entrance when they heard her enter the apartment. 

Not that I’ve thought much about this, but if I already dismembered somebody, was taking the time to clean the whole scene, and had all the stuff I needed there, why wouldn’t I just add another body to the list? Seems unlikely that within hours of being out of contact your sister would do a welfare check and just happen to stumble upon the killer. 

hot take: Sister arranged the whole thing to get brother’s money and is trying to setup the assassin to avoid paying. (Or she did the whole thing and there is no assassin.)

Scary stuff regardless. Do they make chainmail scarves?  Definitely agree with it being a targeted thing and not random. Hang in there, dude.

I can’t find the link here at home, but today at work I saw a story on this where the guy’s sister came to check on him and apparently disturbed the murderer in the process of “cleaning” the scene. It went on to say they think the killer fled out a rear entrance when they heard her enter the apartment. 

Not that I’ve thought much about this, but if I already dismembered somebody, was taking the time to clean the whole scene, and had all the stuff I needed there, why wouldn’t I just add another body to the list? Seems unlikely that within hours of being out of contact your sister would do a welfare check and just happen to stumble upon the killer. 

hot take: Sister arranged the whole thing to get brother’s money and is trying to setup the assassin to avoid paying. (Or she did the whole thing and there is no assassin.)

Scary stuff regardless. Do they make chainmail scarves?  Definitely agree with it being a targeted thing and not random. Hang in there, dude.
:scared:

I think I read that a neighbor heard screaming and noises and called the sister. 

there's been at least one cop car parked there since... just in case.

Geez, how deep of a sleeper is your friend that her boyfriend went up and murdered the woman upstairs and your friend never woke up? Or was she just totally drinks?

Geez, how deep of a sleeper is your friend that her boyfriend went up and murdered the woman upstairs and your friend never woke up? Or was she just totally drinks?
it has been a long time so i don't remember all the specifics, but they were way in to psychedelics and drank HARD.

Myrna Tellingheusen

@PearlsFromMyrna

The Funeral Luncheon Committee only serves home-cooked comfort food. Glenda, your plate of diced raw radishes is neither cooked, nor comforting.

So many years ago I worked in a restaurant that had a take-out room.  Register, counter, and basically a phone bank to take delivery/take out orders.

One day I’m working the register and a mom comes in with her two kids...a boy about 13 and a girl maybe 12. Very nice, All-American looking family.

We also had a cooler full of drinks. Mom buys each kid a Clearly Canadian to drink while they wait for their order.

in case you’re not familiar, here is how the bottle is shaped https://goo.gl/images/pKoyiy

Boy drinks his like a normal person.  Girl would take a sip, put the cap back on and then...see how far she could shove the bottle in her mouth.  Obviously she had no idea what she was doing but...yeah.  She’d go all the way until here teeth clicked on the wider part. Again and again.

She did it the entire time they waited for the order.  Mom and brother take no notice.

It was absolutely hilarious.  Nothing :homer:   about it.

A couple of weeks later same family comes in. I don’t remember or recognize them until mom buys them each a Clearly Canadian. 

I’m thinking “oh no way”.  But sure as hell, Sis starts going to town again.  Same as before.  I had to fight the urge to laugh the entire time.

Fastforward to a week or so later.  Same family comes in.  This time it’s a busy Friday night. I’m working the phones this time. We had a long desk basically below counter height where we sat and wrote out phone orders.

I see the family come in I know what’s coming next. As soon as the kids ask to get a drink I quickly grab a piece a scratch paper and hand the girl working next to me, Sandra, a note: “WATCH WHAT THIS GIRL DOES WITH HER BOTTLE!!!”.

Sandra looks at me with a quizzical look on her face.  I tell her “just watch”.

Sure as #### as soon as the girl gets her drink she takes a sip, puts the cap back on, and then goes to town.  Sandra is on the phone with a customer but watching.  After about 30 secs she finishes

Fun night at the Lambskin household 

had to work till noon today, wanted to get a haircut and then hop in the pool and relax with some white claws.  Asked the family what they wanted for dinner so I could pick up anything I needed while im out

decided on B-dubs, cool, I’ll get day drunk and have it delivered 

Ask kids what they want, hamburgers and Mac and cheese (from bdubs :mellow:  ).  Anyway go to order, apparently door dash is having a global outage

figure we’ll just slum it and get Pizza Hut wings (Surprisingly good), wife doesn’t want wings anymore 

Oldest still wants burgers, maybe I’ll try Uber Eats 5 guys (no drivers)

kick the idea of pizza around (even though having pizza next 2 nights...golf outing Tomorrow and post baseball game on Sunday)  kids want trash pizza, wife doesn’t 

hey how bout the local pizza joint, they have ribs and burgers and all kinds of stuff too.  Oldest doesn’t like their pizza.  How about a burger.  Don’t like that place (never had a burger from there but will eat a b-dubs burger)

finally I just said #### it I’m drinking my dinner.  First beer I grab from the garage fridge is frozen and foams up on me.  Grab another and drop it trying to set it down while I get ready to post this 

tl;dr drinking my dinner because my family is a pain in the ### and wish GM would send me some cookies

I've tried 3 different flavors, because they're everywhere and, well, alcohol. And I just don't get it.
A couple of years ago when all of the boozy seltzers were coming out my wife bought a 12 pack of them.  No idea which brand.

She drank half of one and declared them “nasty”.  So we had 11 cans that nobody wanted just taking up space in the fridge.

One night I was all out of beer so I figured I’d give the seltzers a shot.  Wife was right...they were nasty.  Tasted like somebody dipped a Fruit Stipe gum wrapper in a glass of club soda.  

Then I figured out that if you put a couple of drops of that Mio water enhancer jazz in them and then poured it over ice it wasn’t half bad. 

A couple of years ago when all of the boozy seltzers were coming out my wife bought a 12 pack of them.  No idea which brand.

She drank half of one and declared them “nasty”.  So we had 11 cans that nobody wanted just taking up space in the fridge.

One night I was all out of beer so I figured I’d give the seltzers a shot.  Wife was right...they were nasty.  Tasted like somebody dipped a Fruit Stipe gum wrapper in a glass of club soda.  

Then I figured out that if you put a couple of drops of that Mio water enhancer jazz in them and then poured it over ice it wasn’t half bad. 
I like them in the pool or on a boat or when I’m golfing in 100 degrees tomorrow 

also sometimes I’ll pour them over a shot of vodka

Last edited by a moderator:
I golf like one time a year and I usually average a drink a hole, too hard to do beer anymore if it’s hot like that
I hear that.  Last night the wife and I tried to chill on the patio. I had my first beer(s) in almost 3 weeks.   I tapped out after 2 cans of a 7% IPA.  Tried to finish a third can inside but by that time I felt like a walrus.

Users who are viewing this thread