What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

Osaurus said:
We were going to hit Astoria, go over the bridge to Cape Disappointment, head south to Seaside and maybe Cannon Beach. There’s still a slim chance I guess. 
Don't get your hopes up for Cape Disappointment

I enjoyed cocktails on the docks watching the massive congregation of ship come, go and hang out

Osaurus said:
We were going to hit Astoria, go over the bridge to Cape Disappointment, head south to Seaside and maybe Cannon Beach. There’s still a slim chance I guess. 
I'd skip Seaside and go directly to Cannon Beach.  IMO.  Seaside is like Pine Bluff, Arkansas on the Pacific.  It's got a nice boardwalk and some decent beaches (if you're up early and going clamming, you can't beat it) but the town gets really crowded and the streets are tiny and narrow, so you're having your personal space invaded by non-mask wearing MAGA folks.

Don't get your hopes up for Cape Disappointment

I enjoyed cocktails on the docks watching the massive congregation of ship come, go and hang out
When you go back to Astoria, grab a bar seat here and not only can you watch the giant ships move in and out of the Columbia, but they have a glass floor that peers down into the water below.  You can watch the sea lions wallow about under your feet.  Kinda cool. 

When you go back to Astoria, grab a bar seat here and not only can you watch the giant ships move in and out of the Columbia, but they have a glass floor that peers down into the water below.  You can watch the sea lions wallow about under your feet.  Kinda cool. 
It was on my list so thanks for the verification. 

Took 9yo Floppinha for her first real NYC bike ride (she'd only previously ridden in the tiny school yard across the street) over on the east River. She got a taste in MD whole we were down there...had a blast.

Also kicked a soccer ball together at one of the fields by river...something she'd resisted due to my love/infatuation of soccer (and likely mommy's dislike). She wanted me to teach her some stuff...and it turns out she's a natural. I'm equal parts pissed at myself for not trying to push it even a little when she was  younger, super duper jumpy &quo that she seems into it (and shows some promise), and nervous trying to figure out how to pay for any of this stuff (let alone rent).

But for now...I finally have one of my kids to push all of my failed dreams onto- gonna be great!

Lot's of history there.  Some really awesome, older homes with spectacular views.  Excellent breweries, emerging downtown area, whole lot to like about Astoria.  :thumbup:
I know I’ve told this before but...my students think you live in Astoria.

Every year when we cover “the West” we talk about Astor and Astoria.  I always ask them if they’ve seen “The Goonies”.  Then I show them pics from the movie and the actual scenery.  I also add “My good buddy Forrest, who lives in Astoria, sent me the pics of the rocks and stuff.”  

I'm not going into the PF, but saw this article in Forbes about the markets and economy relative to presidents going back to Truman, and thought some of you might be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever get random Amazon deliveries?  Last week I got a blood pressure monitor and then a few days later got a "massager" (didn't even know Amazon sold those), both were addressed to me.  When it was just the blood pressure monitor I was thinking maybe my parents ordered it and picked the wrong delivery address since recently shipped birthday presents directly to us, they said it wasn't theirs.  I have checked my Amazon account and there were no orders, checked my bank accounts and no orders show up there either.  If this is some scam where someone used a stolen credit card and was hoping to steal the packages from our porch they picked the wrong house, 3 kids and a wife at home everyday, doubt the package was on the porch for more than a minute before they brought them inside.

Anyone ever get random Amazon deliveries?  Last week I got a blood pressure monitor and then a few days later got a "massager" (didn't even know Amazon sold those), both were addressed to me.  When it was just the blood pressure monitor I was thinking maybe my parents ordered it and picked the wrong delivery address since recently shipped birthday presents directly to us, they said it wasn't theirs.  I have checked my Amazon account and there were no orders, checked my bank accounts and no orders show up there either.  If this is some scam where someone used a stolen credit card and was hoping to steal the packages from our porch they picked the wrong house, 3 kids and a wife at home everyday, doubt the package was on the porch for more than a minute before they brought them inside.
There’s a scam where third party sellers will get your info from somewhere and then buy the product from themselves as you somehow and have it sent to you. You don’t get charged for it and get a free product, but then they are able to give themselves a fake 5 star review on Amazon looking as if it is a verified purchase.

Link

You should try to report it to Amazon and also double check your bank and credit card statements to make sure nobody used those to sign up for a different Amazon account in your name using your money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this was covered somewhere here before, from what I recall shady companies will send products to random people so the company can then post a bunch of 5* reviews

I'm not going into the PF, but saw this article in Forbes about the markets and economy relative to presidents going back to Truman, and thought some of you might be interested.
Interesting, but I think it would be more appropriate to list them by presidential term.  Comparing 8-year returns to 4-year returns seems dumb.

(Perhaps that's covered later in the article, but I closed the window and when I went back it complained about my ad blocker so #### them)

My stepdaughter is home from college for a few weeks (her school is mostly year-round but is doing online classes so she can be anywhere).  The other night we were hanging out and John Wick came on TV. 

Just in case anyone somehow doesn't already know the underlying plot point (probably not needed since Don't Noonan doesn't post in here):

When he picks out the new dog at the end, she looked at me and said "You think the new dog gets killed at the start of the next movie"?

:lmao: kid's got a dark streak :lmao:

You didn't think Amazon sells vibrators? 

You didn't think Amazon sells vibrators? 
I never had a reason to search Amazon for them,  when I think "where can I buy a vibrator" they aren't the top of my list.   Makes sense that a third party could sell anything if it makes Bezos an extra dollar or two.

There’s a scam where third party sellers will get your info from somewhere and then buy the product from themselves as you somehow and have it sent to you. You don’t get charged for it and get a free product, but then they are able to give themselves a fake 5 star review on Amazon looking as if it is a verified purchase.

Link

You should try to report it to Amazon and also double check your bank and credit card statements to make sure nobody used those to sign up for a different Amazon account in your name using your money.
Thanks, I have been checking my accounts every few days and going over them with a fine toothed comb to see if anything was out of the oridinary.  Other than my wife buying a new pair of shoes for the 6th time in the last year it was all normal.

Link

I, for one, welcome the new free gift giving 5 star taking overlords.

About once every 2 months I receive a piece of metal of some sort from amazon.   Sometimes it's something like an auger, sometimes just a flat piece of steel.   No clue how someone is profiting from this scam.

About once every 2 months I receive a piece of metal of some sort from amazon.   Sometimes it's something like an auger, sometimes just a flat piece of steel.   No clue how someone is profiting from this scam.
I've received a pair of pink kid's kicks with something I actually ordered. I turned around and posted them on Freecycle. Someone came and grabbed them in under 2 hours. Maybe it's Amazon welfare?

Cannon beach chat:  I'm staying here at the end of September, COVID-willing.  Please please please let me be able to go.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, NICE!  

We got a last minute invite to stay with our friends (they live in Issaquah (sp?)) in Pacific City the week before last and had just an amazing time.  Gorgeous views; from the third floor balcony we were above the tree lines where eagles and hawks were soaring.  So cool.  It wasn't very crowded mid-week and everybody we saw was taking the social distancing seriously.  But there was still plenty of activity and I think you're going to be safe to go.

I know I’ve told this before but...my students think you live in Astoria.

Every year when we cover “the West” we talk about Astor and Astoria.  I always ask them if they’ve seen “The Goonies”.  Then I show them pics from the movie and the actual scenery.  I also add “My good buddy Forrest, who lives in Astoria, sent me the pics of the rocks and stuff.”  
:lmao:

This pleases and delights me so!

So I went on Amazon to search for the blood pressure monitor and sure enough there is a third party seller who has only 37 reviews, all 5* and all in the last week.  Looked through the reviews and there is one with my wife's name.  Guess I should use incognito mode and see what she thought about the vibrator...

Stupid hurricane is dying in Mexico, but we're about to get earholed by a thunderstorm anyway, like a right hook thrown by a 400-mile-long arm. 

these days we're living across the street from a park. on the opposite side of the park is a daycare center. around this time, every weekday, the teachers have the kids (6 and under) run the pathway from their daycare to the driveway/corner across from my house.

it warms my cold, dead heart to hear the teachers and kids cheering their friends on to run all the way to the finish line.

big fan  :thumbup:

My garage door has been broken for a week and I haven't had time to deal with it.   Finally today I got around to fixing the three different problems that it had.  Watched a youtube video of a guy fixing one of the issues on a door exactly the same as mine.   He said, "This door is a pile of garbage and nobody should own one.   The manufacturer should be ashamed."  I have to agree.  One steel bracket holding a guide wheel in place snapped in half causing the garage door to close unevenly, which caused the tracks to become misaligned which caused a tensioner cable to come off.    Since there is no replacement part available for the broken steel bracket, I had to kludge something together, so it is bound to fail again.   Next time it will be a new door and opener.

Users who are viewing this thread