What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (12 Viewers)

Every year when I get a new crop of students I go through all of their records so that I know which kids have special needs whether major or minor. About every third kid has some sort of "medical alert" next to their name. Sometimes it can be very serious...diabetes, seizures, heart defect, deadly legume allergy, etc.

But the majority of them are things like "asthma but no meds needed" or "allergic to grass" or "allergic to ant bites" (all of these are real BTW).

I came across one today that takes the cake.

http://i.imgur.com/le2wkn3.jpg

Every year when I get a new crop of students I go through all of their records so that I know which kids have special needs whether major or minor. About every third kid has some sort of "medical alert" next to their name. Sometimes it can be very serious...diabetes, seizures, heart defect, deadly legume allergy, etc.

But the majority of them are things like "asthma but no meds needed" or "allergic to grass" or "allergic to ant bites" (all of these are real BTW).

:lmao: but only Build A Bear cotton. Not t-shirt or socks cotton.

I just found a women my wife is all in on a 3some.

Anyone have Heidi Klum phone number?

I think she loves her more than I do...slap it high?

Never know how to fill these out. Little belljr has mild asthma and maybe once a year needs her inhaler

:lmao: but only Build A Bear cotton. Not t-shirt or socks cotton.
Q-tips probably check out too.

Yesterday I had three nearly-perfectly-ripe figs on the tree. Tuesdays are when the landscapers come and lo and behold the trio is gone! #whitepeopleproblems
The mother god ####### damn #### sucking landscapers stole a bushel of bananas from my yard a couple weeks ago. My daughter and I were growing them for 6 months. My daughter cried. I wished a pestilence of death upon their entire family. And all the aids, the face kind too. I was irrationally pissed over it
Find out where they live. Spray paint a banana on there El Camino.

Never know how to fill these out. Little belljr has mild asthma and maybe once a year needs her inhaler
If she keeps an inhaler at school, it should be noted. Not sure what the rules are in your district but IIRC our kids aren't supposed to carry around their own inhalers because some other kid might get a hold of it and millions of people might die.

If she keeps an inhaler at school, it should be noted. Not sure what the rules are in your district but IIRC our kids aren't supposed to carry around their own inhalers because some other kid might get a hold of it and millions of people might die.
Yes. We leave it at the nurse.This year she can self medicate.

Found out today my 5 yr old daughter broke her arm. Well, she didnt, my 10 yr old nephew broke it testing a judo move on her when no one was looking. Im pissed but not sure how best to handle it
Not sure what the problem is. You break the nephew's arm and call it even. :shrug:
Have the parents owned up? Your in-laws or the wife's? Not good, I am not proud to say I could possibly hold that against the kid for the rest of his life.
yes, my sister (its her son) called my wife today and they talked. From how my wife told it to me it was my typical passive aggressive sister with the apology/non apology in other words right off the bat she says we're really sorry then goes on to make some excuses about how we raise our kids different and how my daughter was partially responsible for it all. It just made me more mad so I decided to just let it go.

I mean, ####, if you raise a 10 yr old kid that doesn't understand its not right to flip a 5 yr old kid, who's ####### fault is that?

Found out today my 5 yr old daughter broke her arm. Well, she didnt, my 10 yr old nephew broke it testing a judo move on her when no one was looking. Im pissed but not sure how best to handle it
Not sure what the problem is. You break the nephew's arm and call it even. :shrug:
Have the parents owned up? Your in-laws or the wife's? Not good, I am not proud to say I could possibly hold that against the kid for the rest of his life.
yes, my sister (its her son) called my wife today and they talked. From how my wife told it to me it was my typical passive aggressive sister with the apology/non apology in other words right off the bat she says we're really sorry then goes on to make some excuses about how we raise our kids different and how my daughter was partially responsible for it all. It just made me more mad so I decided to just let it go.

I mean, ####, if you raise a 10 yr old kid that doesn't understand its not right to flip a 5 yr old kid, who's ####### fault is that?
No doubt. It would be hard to rise above it but as an adult I would want to do it ...not sure I could. In the meantime I would probably write off my sister/brother-in-law if I hadn't already. Be careful not to let that inner aggression hurt you - very tough one man. Very sorry for your daughter who really got the raw-est of deals. How is she on the whole deal? Still loving her cousin? Best to keep that intact if at all possible.

bentley said:
Homer J Simpson said:
bentley said:
Man, I've been working hard and not going to a lot of lunches or happy hours for like two straight months. It sucks. I need to get this promotion so I can go back to ####### off.
Our prayers are with you in this trying time.
Thank you friend. As you know, the burden of responsible behavior weighs heavy.
How would he know that? TV movie?

bentley said:
Homer J Simpson said:
bentley said:
Man, I've been working hard and not going to a lot of lunches or happy hours for like two straight months. It sucks. I need to get this promotion so I can go back to ####### off.
Hannibal episode.

bentley said:
Homer J Simpson said:
bentley said:
After School Specials.

I was just told we need to "take it with a grain of assualt". I asked to have that repeated and it came out the exact same way a second time; so it wasn't just a case of misspeaking the first time.
Just read a Facebook post where a friend was encouraged to "cease the day!"

Also reminded of Mr krista's ex who told him he should "soil his wild oats."

TPW bentley
Thanks buddy. Also have my wife's extended family in town next weekend for Yuke's 4th birthday party. I think I might have to do something irresponsible like hit the strippers that Saturday with a bunch of college buddies of mine that are going to be down from Dallas along with a female friend of mine from Austin just to restore the right amount of chaos.

Best/worst student names this year

Jaxon

Mackynzee

Keeli

Swayde (assuming this is pronounced 'suede/swayed')

Tylen (no 'ol')

Dasia (Duh Asia? Daisy-uh? Dass I-uh?)

Zeric

And my favorite:

Dalylah. (I had no idea wtf this was. Asked my wife. It took her a minute but I'm pretty sure she's right...Delilah. :twopunches:)

Jaxon

Mackynzee

Keeli

Tylen (no 'ol')

Zeric

And my favorite:

Dalylah. (I had no idea wtf this was. Asked my wife. It took her a minute but I'm pretty sure she's right...Delilah. :twopunches:)
Hmmm, I was going with the last as Dal-ya.

ETA: That's what Mr krista guessed, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and my stepsister(? I don't know--my stepfather's kid, so I guess not a relation at all) has a kid named Zeric.

Jaxon

Mackynzee

Keeli

Tylen (no 'ol')

Zeric

And my favorite:

Yeah at first glance that's what it looks like but there's an extra L in there.

Ignoramus said:
Yesterday I had three nearly-perfectly-ripe figs on the tree. Tuesdays are when the landscapers come and lo and behold the trio is gone! #whitepeopleproblems
Most landscapers get beat out by the neighbors and the birds.

Frostillicus said:
Uruk-Hai said:
I had a great weekend with the chica I wrote about earlier, but we had a bit of a difference of opinion on the best cheese to top a grilled burger. Not custom cheese, but stuff GM can buy at Rite Aid.

It's Kraft Habenero, no?
The sharpest cheddar you can find for me, but spicy cheese is also good.
If its a good sharp cheddar, its to overpowering of of its condimates. I prefer a provolone or monterrey jack, maybe Swiss. mild cheddars are okay, but less tasty.

Jaxon

Mackynzee

Keeli

Tylen (no 'ol')

Zeric

And my favorite:

Yeah at first glance that's what it looks like but there's an extra L in there.
Oh yeah. That's outstanding.

Ignoramus said:
Frostillicus said:
Uruk-Hai said:
I had a great weekend with the chica I wrote about earlier, but we had a bit of a difference of opinion on the best cheese to top a grilled burger. Not custom cheese, but stuff GM can buy at Rite Aid.

It's Kraft Habenero, no?
If its a good sharp cheddar, its to overpowering of of its condimates. I prefer a provolone or monterrey jack, maybe Swiss. mild cheddars are okay, but less tasty.
Disagree

Ignoramus said:
Frostillicus said:
Uruk-Hai said:

It's Kraft Habenero, no?
Disagree
Me too, but I like the word "condimates." Sounds friendlier.

I can understand the objections. I used to enjoy sharp cheddar or blue cheese on my burger, but now I do not enjoy such a sharp contrast, although I admire both cheeses.

Can we all agree on adding heat? jalepenos, habenoeros, green chiles, seranos, whatever?

hmm, Habenoreos

I may be on to something

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand the objections. I used to enjoy sharp cheddar or blue cheese on my burger, but now I do not enjoy such a sharp contrast, although I admire both cheeses.

Can we all agree on adding heat? jalepenos, habenoeros, green chiles, seranos, whatever?

hmm, Habenoreos

I may be on to something
You know what goes great with spicy chiles?

Yep. Fruit.

hmm, Habenoreos

I may be on to something
#### that.

Officer Pete Malloy said:

Call me crazy/pervy, but that looks amazingly like a shriveled wombat penis. Probably working its way toward Canada.

I was just told we need to "take it with a grain of assualt". I asked to have that repeated and it came out the exact same way a second time; so it wasn't just a case of misspeaking the first time.
Just read a Facebook post where a friend was encouraged to "cease the day!"

Also reminded of Mr krista's ex who told him he should "soil his wild oats."
Love these.

Not as good, but a plumber apologized via email with "mia culpa", which I thought would make a good drag name.

hmm, Habenoreos

I may be on to something
Blue cheese and wing sauce :thumbup:

Call me crazy/pervy, but that looks amazingly like a shriveled wombat penis. Probably working its way toward Canada.
You're right, it does look like a shriveled wombat penis.

You're right, it does look like a shriveled wombat penis.
Its funny how when you have something pointed out how clear it becomes. Its like that thing where you either see a beautiful woman's face or Albert Einstein. It was clear to me though as I've seen thousands of wombat penises in my day.

Users who are viewing this thread