What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

Best/worst student names this year

Jaxon

Mackynzee

Keeli

Swayde (assuming this is pronounced 'suede/swayed')

Tylen (no 'ol')

Dasia (Duh Asia? Daisy-uh? Dass I-uh?)

Zeric

And my favorite:

Dalylah. (I had no idea wtf this was. Asked my wife. It took her a minute but I'm pretty sure she's right...Delilah. :twopunches:)
Hmmm, I was going with the last as Dal-ya.

ETA: That's what Mr krista guessed, too.

Yeah at first glance that's what it looks like but there's an extra L in there.
I was thinking "Dalai Lama" without the last "ma"

Best/worst student names this year

Jaxon

Mackynzee

Keeli

Swayde (assuming this is pronounced 'suede/swayed')

Tylen (no 'ol')

Dasia (Duh Asia? Daisy-uh? Dass I-uh?)

Zeric

And my favorite:

Dalylah. (I had no idea wtf this was. Asked my wife. It took her a minute but I'm pretty sure she's right...Delilah. :twopunches:)
My niece is Makenzie. We got a good chuckle out of this today.

Ignoramus said:
Yesterday I had three nearly-perfectly-ripe figs on the tree. Tuesdays are when the landscapers come and lo and behold the trio is gone! #whitepeopleproblems
Most landscapers get beat out by the neighbors and the birds.
Definitely not neighbors. We have high fences and a locked gate. And the birds around here rarely eat the whole thing -- they just poke a hole and eat the good stuff out of the middle leaving you thinking you have a good fig until you go to pick it. No sir, blame lies squarely at the feet of those dirty landscapers.

I drive a lot. Whenever I'm on the freeway I see people sleeping in the passenger seat. I can see this with a little kid, but who sleeps in a car at 3 pm? Is riding in a car that taxing? Isn't there a social contract to interact with the person driving you?

I drive a lot. Whenever I'm on the freeway I see people sleeping in the passenger seat. I can see this with a little kid, but who sleeps in a car at 3 pm? Is riding in a car that taxing? Isn't there a social contract to interact with the person driving you?
I bet you are driving less these days. Not doing Gig Harbor to Seattle round trip every day must be a major lifetsyle improvement.

Very hungover people.

Very hungover people.
This. We took a client to a Tigers/Cubs game a few years ago at that dump Wrigley...drank from about 4 PM-2AM...lots of beers and shotsI slept almost the entire ride back to Detroit the next day...my poor coworker still hates me for it

Last edited by a moderator:
Cornholed with Cosjobs Monday night. After a really nice dinner, he played in my home poker game. Prior to the game he continued to claim he was terrible at the game and pretended to barely understand the rules. But as he sipped on his Pappy and Mexican Coke, he continued to rake pots all night.

;)

Many of you already know this, but A+ quality guy.

Thanks for stopping by Cos.

RE: Dasia

I'm thinking Dash-ya.
Obviously day-sh-a
UPDATE: It is "Delilah". Dasia is in my next period. I will know more then.
Do you shtick it up and purposely try to mispronounce them?
Eventually. A little early in the year right now, though.
Or go Key & Peele style and mispronounce the easy ones.

RE: Dasia

I'm thinking Dash-ya.
Obviously day-sh-a
UPDATE: It is "Delilah". Dasia is in my next period. I will know more then.
Do you shtick it up and purposely try to mispronounce them?
Eventually. A little early in the year right now, though.
Or go Key & Peele style and mispronounce the easy ones.
I have done that in the past with A-A-Ron.

My friend's friend was knows of these twins named Lemonjello and Orangejello. Pronounced leh-MAN-gel-oh and oh-RAN-gel-oh

actually true

My friend's friend was knows of these twins named Lemonjello and Orangejello. Pronounced leh-MAN-gel-oh and oh-RAN-gel-oh

actually true
My mom used to work for a school, and she told me one time that another lady at the school saw the name "Le-a" for a registered student. You'll never guess how it was pronounced.

family member was named "Una". in grade school her mom legally changed her name to "Oona" so teachers and other kids would pronounce it correctly.

:facepalm:

Idiot Boxer said:
DaRaiders - what's your schedule look like today?
BUMP.
He sent me a text last night that he was going to bed.

Sent him a VM this morning on my sched.

Never heard back,

Had a great meet today at TOPO Distillery. Meeting again tomorrow.

Love love love this 21c Museum Hotel.

May go see the Durham Bulls later tonight or tomorrow.

Will go see GLumpy tomorrow lunch or Friday

Idiot Boxer said:
DaRaiders - what's your schedule look like today?
BUMP.
He sent me a text last night that he was going to bed.Sent him a VM this morning on my sched.

Never heard back,

Had a great meet today at TOPO Distillery. Meeting again tomorrow.

Love love love this 21c Museum Hotel.

May go see the Durham Bulls later tonight or tomorrow.

Will go see GLumpy tomorrow lunch or Friday
Have texted you...

Users who are viewing this thread