What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (11 Viewers)

When I get up I usually check the local paper for any news that might interest me.

I knew about this shooting last night but didn't know it reached this kind of insanity. This is right at the corner of my new office. I drive through this neighborhood all the time. It always looked to be in somewhat decent shape to me.

Oh then I see this. They don't mention if it's "bad" if you actually, you know, play in and ingest the water multiple times.

There is good news though!!!

For some reason it is unseasonably cool, in the 60's, so I'm going for my first 8 mile walk in months which makes me happy.

Sorry I haven't been around lots of stuff going on. Miss you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Astros win 3 2 bottom of the 13th. Correa with a game winning single
I think that kid might turn into a nice little player one day.
If things continue as they've unfolded thus far, he's the superstar the Astros have never had. They've had some very good players, but no one like this, top three in the game today.
Yeah Jeff Bagwell was terrible.
Bags was great but never a top 3 overall. Never mentioned with the likes of Bonds, ARod, etc.

I agree with cos. starting a team from scratch right now would be trout 1, and correa and Harper in the likely discussion for 2.

You know what, never mind. Enjoy Correa. I hope he turns out to be as good as he's looked in his 270 plate appearances so far.
I get what you're saying. But we've never had anyone more talented than Bags. The super elite.

Yes its early, but this is the best chance we've had since Ceasar Cedeno and I'm excited. I think Springer can be as good as bags and Altuve Biggio. But I'm just talking potential now and we know how bankable that is.

Astros win 3 2 bottom of the 13th. Correa with a game winning single
I think that kid might turn into a nice little player one day.
If things continue as they've unfolded thus far, he's the superstar the Astros have never had. They've had some very good players, but no one like this, top three in the game today.
Yeah Jeff Bagwell was terrible.
Bags was great but never a top 3 overall. Never mentioned with the likes of Bonds, ARod, etc.
That's because Bonds and ARod got better PEDs

For some reason it is unseasonably cool, in the 60's, so I'm going for my first 8 mile walk in months which makes me happy.
Man, I can't remember the last time I felt this good.

Gonna take more than a little radioactive water to take down our GB Bob.
lol, thanks GB, we'll see. The good dude knows I have plenty of reminders about my own mortality but it's a real kick in the head to have to read it in the headlines of the newspaper.

Remember me mentioning my old lacross teammate who I reconnected with right before he killed himself?

I just heard that his 14 year old son got a freak traumatic brain injury during spring football that required surgeons to cut out a little window into his skull to relieve the pressure. Apparently it was touch and go for a while, but his prognosis is good. However he can't ever play football or lacrosse again. :(

I don't know my friend's wife, but I feel like I should seek her out to just give her a hug or something. Unbelievably rough few months for that poor woman.

Sorry to hear, SLB.

(I copy/clipped that from somewhere else)

no- really... genuinely sorry. are you close with them?
Yes. This is my last Grandparent and I knew 8 including Great Grandparents when I was a kid. Kind of weird. This is my Dad's Mom who has been eaten up with Altheimers for years. The really hard part is how difficult it has been on my Dad. Today would have been my Grandfather's birthday to boot.

Aunt is the mother of "my cousin(s)" when I tell a story. She's older but had two heart attacks last week and has just decided to call it day. Saw her last Friday and she was as funny as ever. I actually went to the room in the ICU she was in last Thursday not knowing she moved to a regular room. We had quite the laugh that at least she wasn't that broad and how I left the large bouquet of flowers I brought with her because she needed them more.

Oh well.

Sorry to hear, SLB.

(I copy/clipped that from somewhere else)

no- really... genuinely sorry. are you close with them?
Yes. This is my last Grandparent and I knew 8 including Great Grandparents when I was a kid. Kind of weird. This is my Dad's Mom who has been eaten up with Altheimers for years. The really hard part is how difficult it has been on my Dad. Today would have been my Grandfather's birthday to boot.

Aunt is the mother of "my cousin(s)" when I tell a story. She's older but had two heart attacks last week and has just decided to call it day. Saw her last Friday and she was as funny as ever. I actually went to the room in the ICU she was in last Thursday not knowing she moved to a regular room. We had quite the laugh that at least she wasn't that broad and how I left the large bouquet of flowers I brought with her because she needed them more.

Oh well.
ugh- sorry to hear. aunt sounds like a winner... even going out with humor intact.

I guess a good part of having kids younger- you get the larger extended families. I only really knew one grandparent (paternal gma)- and both of my kids only know their gmas. Wife and I both lost our dads before the kids were born. sux. but I don't know which is worse... losing someone early (my dad died at 73) still relatively in shape, or having something like alzheimers do the slow grind-down on them. lose-lose, really. either way they're gone. dammit. :( thanks borg.

Found out today my 5 yr old daughter broke her arm. Well, she didnt, my 10 yr old nephew broke it testing a judo move on her when no one was looking. Im pissed but not sure how best to handle it
Sorry for the Hipple but if no one else said it, his judo instructor should be told. He likely will handle it best if he's any good at all. If he doesn't know how to handle it then the kids should go somewhere else.

About 6 weeks ago I went with the ex-gf and a couple of her friends to see Jim Gaffigan in Seattle. We got a couple hotel rooms, and I met up with them after work. They were still getting ready up in one of the rooms, so I went down to the bar to get us some drinks. There was this really pretty lady sitting by herself having a glass of wine. She kept looking over at me while I was waiting for the drinks, so I went over and asked if she was waiting for an online date, and kept looking my way because I was the only single guy in there. She was, and he was running late. I wrote my mobile number on the back of my business card and told her that if it didn't work out with him to give me a call. Got my drinks and left.

Yesterday she texted me. Turns out she lives in my little town, and we're going out next Thursday. Gotta be the longest delay ever between the pickup attempt and the date

Her name is Laetitia.

About 6 weeks ago I went with the ex-gf and a couple of her friends to see Jim Gaffigan in Seattle. We got a couple hotel rooms, and I met up with them after work. They were still getting ready up in one of the rooms, so I went down to the bar to get us some drinks. There was this really pretty lady sitting by herself having a glass of wine. She kept looking over at me while I was waiting for the drinks, so I went over and asked if she was waiting for an online date, and kept looking my way because I was the only single guy in there. She was, and he was running late. I wrote my mobile number on the back of my business card and told her that if it didn't work out with him to give me a call. Got my drinks and left.

Yesterday she texted me. Turns out she lives in my little town, and we're going out next Thursday. Gotta be the longest delay ever between the pickup attempt and the date

Her name is Laetitia.
Good shtick would be to constantly pronounce it as Le-titty-a.

Her name is Laetitia.
Classy move

Users who are viewing this thread