What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (3 Viewers)

Abandoning this board is quite the opposite of abandoning the political process.  Instead, it frees up real life to help real people who are about to have some tough times.  Good luck and God speed to you.
Feel the same way...time to chill out, find an issue I really care about helping here, and try to help.  I'm guessing too many of the people I care about are going to be negatively affected in some manner over the next 4 years to be arguing on a message board.  

Kind of disappointed in the reaction from both sides on this one.

Pretty good indication that we've given too much power to one person when people obviously feel this strongly about who won or lost.

My guess is that Democrats in Congress will suddenly remember their roll to check the Presidency now and that the media will as well. The fillibuster will again be trumpeted as a tool of justice and the oppressed rather than undemocratic and oppressive. It would be great if Republicans agreed and the Dems, media and Reps all continued with that belief no matter who holds the Presidency. The Presidency and Executive branch has become incredibly powerful. It would be great if that changed for good.

As for my specific response, I am disgusted and would have been either way. 

It's unfortunate that we are so quick to label each other and reject others, because I believe that we ultimately have more in common than we don't. I imagine that more people voted against a candidate while holding their nose rather than for a candidate this time around. And that it's sad that we've come to a place where we choose to divide ourselves and hate others based on just a few specific issues. We've lost sight of the roots of people. We've lost the ability to truly care for each other. It's sad when one side "wins" and chooses to mock the other side, gloat, and promise pain and retribution. It's also sad when those on the side that "loses" choose to simply reject everyone and believe that hope is lost.

Now is not the time to gloat/boast and hope is NOT lost. Now is the time for the huge majority of Americans that recognize the brokenness to reach out, truly listen to those we may disagree with, and work together in the common grounds we have.

The true American spirit is still alive, it's just been misplaced and forgotten.  And I think this board proves that. Yes, there are some horrible and soul wearying political discussions on here. And there are some true d-bags that are here. But the truth is, when push come to shove, we have each other's backs. There has been a lot of tragedy for folks on here over the last few years, and each time something has happened, FBGs from all across the aisle have stepped up and supported individuals in amazing ways. When we get down to the personal level, we care about each other regardless of political affiliation. If we could spread that "family" attitude, that's a start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night I watched two episodes of Battlestar Galactica (original series) with Lloyd Bridges.  MANDELBAUM! MANDELBAUM! MANDELBAUM!

Shocked and ashamed. Keep thinking of the GOT "shame. Shame. Shame..." scene.

I'm horrified that this truly reprehensible person has been chosen our leader by a majority of my so called peers. I'm saddened that it appears to have happened not because of what he offers, but because that same majority wss just more repulsed by his opponent than drawn to him. 

But. But.... I hold out hope that that this country and whatever policy he has- and it wasnt all terrible- can somehow proceed in spite of the filth of his character. I will tell my children that the sun will rise and they wont notice much if any change in their lives (evenif I'm afraid, the adults will).

And it seems to me that now- more than ever- is a needed time for a safe place for respite and reflection and cat gifs shamelessly lifted from reddit. And IMO, this is just that place. Theres no reason we cant all push on IRL by finding something to do to try to affect change... AND also come back here to offer the love and support and cat gifs this place and you people so rwadily and selflessly provide.

I love you all... andthe sun will continue to rise, albeit hanging its head in shame.shame.shame.

This feels like one of those "check in safe" posts now.

We have:

Sammy3469

Hawks64, who is much more attractive than we all suspected

Osaurus

Dan Lambskin

Limp Ditka

Uruk Hai

bud29

kevzilla

El Floppo

Not to bring the politic bull#### into here but wtf hasn't Clinton addressed her supporters/public concession speech yet? Seems childish.

We definitely need a roll call, if we have some JimTanners that are lost I will shot video toast them all sometime this weekend. F'ing Trump ruins everything :kicksrock:

Not going anywhere. It's just politics, not something important like kids or pets or naan.
I really wouldn't even care but I lost quite a bit of $ backing hillary so I'm a little bitter about it.  On the bright side it was house $ but it still sucks 

Oh and I have to buy my boss lunch 

fwiw, Tanner repeatedly announced that he was getting drunk prior to losing it. In hindsight, it wouldn't have been an awful idea to follow his lead.

ETA: The drunkenness, that is, not the losing it.

Users who are viewing this thread