What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (8 Viewers)

So we are getting a new roof on our home today.   Contractor was highly recommended by a lot of agent friends.  He does a great job of handling all the insurance matters and we get a $16k roof covered at no cost.

Crew shows up at 7am this morning.  And tears a decent sized strip of roofing off the home........ NEXT DOOR.  :excited:

Neighbor is super nice and she was outside at the crack of dawn screaming her head off.
I guess she's now getting a new roof too.

Last edited by a moderator:
How often do you guys drop your phones?  I feel like I drop my phone much more than a normal person.  What's normal?
You first. :oldunsure:

ETA... To the floor? Maybe a handful of times per year. To tabletops and lap...a bit more frequent.

Ok, even based on this small sample size, I'm going to say I drop my phone considerably more frequently than average.  I've never broken one, though.  I did lose one to a hot tub.

Ok, even based on this small sample size, I'm going to say I drop my phone considerably more frequently than average.  I've never broken one, though.  I did lose one to a hot tub.
We should get to the bottom of this so you can fix the problem.  Let's start at the beginning.  Can you tell us about your childhood?

How in the world did you drop your phone in a hot tub?

And I probably drop mine once every 3-4 months. Never broken one yet though (knock on wood).

How in the world did you drop your phone in a hot tub?

And I probably drop mine once every 3-4 months. Never broken one yet though (knock on wood).
I was sitting on the edge of the hot tub with only my feet in.  Picked up my phone to take a picture of a friend in there, and while gesturing wildly first, it flew out of my hand.  My friend, GB her, dove down into the tub and rescued it almost immediately, but it was too late.

By the way, when I say "dropped," I'm counting "fell out of my pocket," which accounts for a majority of my drops.

I was sitting on the edge of the hot tub with only my feet in.  Picked up my phone to take a picture of a friend in there, and while gesturing wildly first, it flew out of my hand.  My friend, GB her, dove down into the tub and rescued it almost immediately, but it was too late.

By the way, when I say "dropped," I'm counting "fell out of my pocket," which accounts for a majority of my drops.
My S10 is skinnier than the prior models, and I drop it all the time.  have never had any damage.

I don't think we can make an accurate assessment without  :pics: of the friend.

I think I’d rather drop my phone into a hot tub than put any part of my body into one of those fecal bacteria incubators.

"Man who lost penis to blood infection has new one built on his arm."

So... uh...it's in the NY Post

link the blurred out pictures :lol:

“When I saw it on my arm for the first time I was so, so proud. After everything I had been through it didn’t feel weird at all — it was just a part of me,” he said.

“I was like any other man, I just couldn’t leave it alone to begin with. I thought it was the best thing ever,” MacDonald continued.

“I took to it so much I nicknamed it ‘Jimmy.’ That was what me and my mates called each other growing up and this penis was definitely my new mate,” he said.

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:  

Today I received 14 calls (so far) from a spam/robocall in Stockton, California.   I also learned that Apple has a new feature that lets you send calls from numbers that aren't in your contacts or outgoing call history directly to voicemail without your phone ringing.

You're welcome.

Once every 4 years.
This is me too,.

For those who drop it so frequently, what is the problem?  They aren't difficult to hold onto and replacing one costs like $1,000 so there's a bit of an incentive to take care of it.  I've never broken the glass on any of my phones, and like a lot of you, I've been using a cell phone exclusively (no land line) for 20 years.  It hasn't required any special attention or effort to hold onto it.

This is me too,.

For those who drop it so frequently, what is the problem?  They aren't difficult to hold onto and replacing one costs like $1,000 so there's a bit of an incentive to take care of it.  I've never broken the glass on any of my phones, and like a lot of you, I've been using a cell phone exclusively (no land line) for 20 years.  It hasn't required any special attention or effort to hold onto it.
you're still youngish. 

you'll get the dropsies too in a few.

El Floppo said:
you're still youngish. 

you'll get the dropsies too in a few.
Probably won't happen to me.  I'm lucky, but it's hereditary that men in my family are able to use our fingers well into old age.

-fish- said:
Today I received 14 calls (so far) from a spam/robocall in Stockton, California.   I also learned that Apple has a new feature that lets you send calls from numbers that aren't in your contacts or outgoing call history directly to voicemail without your phone ringing.

You're welcome.
Does your phone not label robocalls as "Scam Likely"?

Looks like Oregon’s Governor will be announcing travel restrictions from hotspots (like my fabulously mismanaged State) next week. My next scheduled time for a Portland visit is 2022. Hoping things will be better by then. 

Maybe once a month for me.

The key is to avoid the bath tub and toilet. Also, if you're quick enough and it's falling on a hard surface, try to slow the fall with your foot.  I learned that bussing tables and dropping glasses/cups. 
This works well for about everything except a chef's knife and a chainsaw

I’m in trouble with my girlfriend again.  She asked me why I never buy her flowers.  I said I didn’t know she sold flowers.  I got a “WOW!” in response.  I know this is one of the deadly words used by a woman.  Apparently, she’s amazed that I could be so stupid.  She never told me she sold flowers, though.  How was I supposed to know?

i'm parking on the lawn.  wtf?  
I feel like the real cause here is that everyone in NJ uses their garage to store a bunch of crap and then park their cars in the street. If they had one car in the garage, the other one would have fit in the driveway.

But in their defense of not moving their car, this happened really quick, like within an hour or so, and I don’t think these areas have ever flooded before.

I feel like the real cause here is that everyone in NJ uses their garage to store a bunch of crap and then park their cars in the street. If they had one car in the garage, the other one would have fit in the driveway.

But in their defense of not moving their car, this happened really quick, like within an hour or so, and I don’t think these areas have ever flooded before.
I live in Hoboken, which got hit really hard by Sandy.  The flooding around my apartment was so bad, you would have had to swim and later wade through knee deep water if you wanted to leave my building for almost 3 days after the storm hit.  All of the cars were completely submerged at one point, which caused them to float around a bit.  When the flooding subsided, there were cars on the sidewalk, in the middle of the intersections, and generally arranged in a way that humans couldn't have done by driving them without really significant effort.  It was pretty crazy to see, but was really only part of the overall war zone feel my neighborhood had after that storm.  Flooding really sucks.

ETA - My main point is that flooding has a way of re-arranging the cars and generally screwing things up.  Also, even though Hoboken is a heavy flood area (floods way too often and is well known for it), there were still a lot of cars parked on the street.  Sometimes there's nowhere to put them, and other times the flood, and the extent of it, takes you by surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread