What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (16 Viewers)

I hate people - now I have to sit in the office and hear everyone's mundane conversations just because.....

/rage

Last edited:
Just going to put this in here since I am not sure if it belongs in the Sweet Science thread or the MMA one.

The announcers for the Jake Paul vs Anderson Silva boxing match just said that "Jake Paul mentioned he gets his power from his enlarged moose knuckles" and then spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what he was talking about, as if a moose knuckle was part of your hand.

Just going to put this in here since I am not sure if it belongs in the Sweet Science thread or the MMA one.

The announcers for the Jake Paul vs Anderson Silva boxing match just said that "Jake Paul mentioned he gets his power from his enlarged moose knuckles" and then spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what he was talking about, as if a moose knuckle was part of your hand.
Probably someone bet him he wouldn’t use the term moose knuckles on air. Bet won.

I think I inadvertently coined a new term for female masturbation just now.

There is a big rhododendron tree planted just in front of my house, and it had started to lose its annual blooms, which are a gigantic pain to clean up because it's planted in a rock garden and getting them out of there and out of the rest of the plants takes forever. My yard people come early this week, and I decided to knock down all the blooms so that they would have to clean them up instead of my waiting another two weeks for their next visit or, god forbid, cleaning them up myself. That might make me a bad person, and I am OK with that.

So I'm out shaking and hitting this tree to knock off the 80 brazilian blooms when a neighborhood dog came by. I stopped to talk to the dog and then went back to my work, not noticing that the owner was trailing a bit behind him. The guy started talking to me when I'd turned my back again and scared the #### out of me, to which I exclaimed, "Oh, you caught me punching my Rhody!"

[pause]

"Not a euphemism."

It's probably good that I'm moving soon.
jim rose circus
@jimrosecircus1

100 year old rhododendron and the woman who planted it.
LINK

I’ve been posting a little more extremely hardcore on another message board of late and I’ve noticed people focused on “upvotes” and “downvotes”. Why do people care about this stuff? Is this the equivalent of likes on FB? Is there any sort of monetary value to a ton of upvotes?

I’ve been posting a little more extremely hardcore on another message board of late and I’ve noticed people focused on “upvotes” and “downvotes”. Why do people care about this stuff? Is this the equivalent of likes on FB? Is there any sort of monetary value to a ton of upvotes?
I don’t know how true it is, but there’s always talk on Reddit about how high karma accounts can be sold to people/corporations that then use those accounts somehow. It’s not clear to me how one capitalizes on high karma though.

Otherwise I think it’s just that feedback loop of the small shot of dopamine people get when they feel rewarded by upvotes.

Our nephew, big brother of our nephew that was murdered, has been MIA ever since. I think the last time I saw him was 5 years ago. Mrs. SLB never gave up though and would call and text even though he would never reply.

Then he showed up to our house yesterday. With a 3mo baby boy. We had a no idea he even knocked a chick up. Absolutely. Blown. AWAY. Ryan Kent, Kent after his little bro. Nephew was so happy. I had to choke back the tears more than a couple times. I haven't felt this happy myself in a very long time.

The Dude abides

Pretty much have no responsibility the next 2.5 weeks

Watch Lions. Go to wife’s family Christmas Eve. Get drunk with wife’s cousins husband and commiserate about what it’s like to be mid 40s and married with 3 kids

Hosting Christmas Day, have to cook breakfast (quiche and candied bacon) and dinner (kielbasa and sauerkraut and cheesey potatoes not exactly difficult, also bought a ham, others are bringing stuff). Probably the most I will do the entire break but i don’t have to go anywhere or have to worry about driving.

I’ll have to mix in a grocery store run but beyond that I don’t have much else other that I’m going to a concert overnight with some buddies the 30th

Work from home the 3rd and 4th and then go to waterpark 5th and 6th

Lots of booze and edibles will be consumed. Will be walking into a ****show of a year at work for 2023 though so gonna enjoy it

It's 13 degrees in Austin this morning, and wind chills are flirting with zero. We aren't built for this; I'm dreading the fifty yards to the treadmill. Fortunately, there is no ice, so we're going to be spared a holiday cluster of unimaginable scale.

Last edited:
It's 13 degrees n Austin this morning, and wind chills are flirting with zero. We aren't built for this; I'm dreading the fifty yards to the treadmill. Fortunately, there is no ice, so we're going to be spared a holiday cluster of unimaginable scale.
The cold stuff isn’t hitting Tampa until 1 today. Lows around freezing and highs in the 40s is quite a change. Friends in Birmingham (you met them in Vegas) are sitting at 8 right now. Stay warm out there folks.

Pretty much have no responsibility the next 2.5 weeks

Watch Lions. Go to wife’s family Christmas Eve. Get drunk with wife’s cousins husband and commiserate about what it’s like to be mid 40s and married with 3 kids

Hosting Christmas Day, have to cook breakfast (quiche and candied bacon) and dinner (kielbasa and sauerkraut and cheesey potatoes not exactly difficult, also bought a ham, others are bringing stuff). Probably the most I will do the entire break but i don’t have to go anywhere or have to worry about driving.

I’ll have to mix in a grocery store run but beyond that I don’t have much else other that I’m going to a concert overnight with some buddies the 30th

Work from home the 3rd and 4th and then go to waterpark 5th and 6th

Lots of booze and edibles will be consumed. Will be walking into a ****show of a year at work for 2023 though so gonna enjoy it

wife: we need to bring something to my cousins
Me: I thought they had it covered
Wife: we should bring something. Oh and your sister is coming for lunch instead of dinner now
Me: guess I’m going to the store in the snow…

It's 13 degrees n Austin this morning, and wind chills are flirting with zero. We aren't built for this; I'm dreading the fifty yards to the treadmill. Fortunately, there is no ice, so we're going to be spared a holiday cluster of unimaginable scale.
The cold stuff isn’t hitting Tampa until 1 today. Lows around freezing and highs in the 40s is quite a change. Friends in Birmingham (you met them in Vegas) are sitting at 8 right now. Stay warm out there folks.
Watch out for the falling iguanas, GB

Watch out for the falling iguanas, GB
Not far enough south for those, but thanks

My dad is 78 and not doing so hot. He caught Covid back in Sept and it really kicked his tail. He called me and my sister over one night in Sept and said he was ready to die. Just wanted to fade away and he was at peace with that. It was an emotional night, but I understood his wishes, told him I loved him, gave him a big hug (we're not big huggers, nor were we big "I love you" guys) and shed a whole lot of tears.

Next day, he has a change of heart and says he's going to fight. Apologizes for the drama/trauma and so that was nice, though not the emotional rollercoaster I was wanting to ride. The last few months, his health has declined, had about 2 liters of fluid drained from around his lungs and heart, different things causing all sorts of problems that aren't going to get any better. He doesn't want to go on dialysis - that's a hellish process I wouldn't wish on anybody. Taking him to the doctor with my sister to find out what kind of time we have left with him.

It's sad, but I'm going to treat each day that he's still around as a gift. Going to take him to watch NFL Playoffs this weekend, etc. Just keep him busy, laugh with him, sip a few beers with him. For those of you who play in my fantasy playoff contest, he's already filled out his roster, so I know he's at least planning on little more time but he's very weak and only getting weaker. Before long, I'll be an orphan. Reach out if you'd like to adopt me. :)

My dad is 78 and not doing so hot. He caught Covid back in Sept and it really kicked his tail. He called me and my sister over one night in Sept and said he was ready to die. Just wanted to fade away and he was at peace with that. It was an emotional night, but I understood his wishes, told him I loved him, gave him a big hug (we're not big huggers, nor were we big "I love you" guys) and shed a whole lot of tears.

Next day, he has a change of heart and says he's going to fight. Apologizes for the drama/trauma and so that was nice, though not the emotional rollercoaster I was wanting to ride. The last few months, his health has declined, had about 2 liters of fluid drained from around his lungs and heart, different things causing all sorts of problems that aren't going to get any better. He doesn't want to go on dialysis - that's a hellish process I wouldn't wish on anybody. Taking him to the doctor with my sister to find out what kind of time we have left with him.

It's sad, but I'm going to treat each day that he's still around as a gift. Going to take him to watch NFL Playoffs this weekend, etc. Just keep him busy, laugh with him, sip a few beers with him. For those of you who play in my fantasy playoff contest, he's already filled out his roster, so I know he's at least planning on little more time but he's very weak and only getting weaker. Before long, I'll be an orphan. Reach out if you'd like to adopt me. :)
My mom and dad are moving to Portland. You can fill in for me. Mom's blind, so she may not notice.

Hang in there, GB. It's tough to watch your parents decline.

My mom and dad are moving to Portland. You can fill in for me. Mom's blind, so she may not notice.

Hang in there, GB. It's tough to watch your parents decline.

Oh great! I can't wait for you to come down to Portland and ignore me again. ;)

Yeah, watching my mom decline was rough. My dad has zero interest in going through all the lengths she did to try and stay alive. Going to visit her in the hospital for months was super depressing and I have a lot of guilt for not going to see her more often, but it was tough. Just room after room of elderly people in a various stages of decline. My dad wants to spare us from that and for that, I am beyond grateful.

Did I get uninvited? I don’t see the yearly email. Ready to donate

Did I get uninvited? I don’t see the yearly email. Ready to donate

I usually go through and delete the teams that don't rejoin. I can get you set up again and sent you an email.

@General Malaise
Sending thoughts, prayers and good vibes your way. Incredibly tough situation and it sounds like you’re handling it the best way possible. Your Dads lucky to have a kid like you.

Haven't peaked in this thread in forever. Hello all.

Best of luck GM. All my luffs.

Thanks GB. Gonna try and make this thread a bit more active in '23. Hopefully with more fun, funny and uplifting stuff.
That would be an awesome positive for 23. The only thing better would be a complete revival of the Eat-Off, although now that we are old it would be a poor choice for health :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread