What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (8 Viewers)

Hi friends... I posted this spiritual football draft pick question in the assistant coach forum, but I must have missed the bi-annual window for response in there. I'd appreciate any thoughts... Have to pick today.

Thread '1.07 Dynasty rookie pick' https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/1-07-dynasty-rookie-pick.812518/

I'm into the 2nd round of draft by committee!

Seeing some of you actually discussing fantasy football in that thread is....unsettling. Please desist.

Also, "Hi."
Hi. Let’s not meet up. Still in socal?

Hi friends... I posted this spiritual football draft pick question in the assistant coach forum, but I must have missed the bi-annual window for response in there. I'd appreciate any thoughts... Have to pick today.

Thread '1.07 Dynasty rookie pick' https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/1-07-dynasty-rookie-pick.812518/

Seeing some of you actually discussing fantasy football in that thread is....unsettling. Please desist.

Also, "Hi."

Why break the streak now, right? 😆

Not only am I still in SoCal, we moved about three months ago into what I assume is almost literally "your backyard."

Also, "Hi."

Not only am I still in SoCal, we moved about three months ago into what I assume is almost literally "your backyard."
Oooooohhhhh…….where?

Also, "Hi."

Oooooohhhhh…….where?

Slid it into your DMs (not a euphemism).

Also, "Hi."

Oooooohhhhh…….where?

So to speak

Also, "Hi."

Oooooohhhhh…….where?

:excited:

AITA: so I got the wife a nice ring for Mother’s Day, earrings and a Bogg Bag (IYKYK). My mom said something like what nice gifts and I said to my brother “lol I’ll just get gym shorts and t shirts”

So she asked what I wanted and I told her a cactus. I asked for one for shtick 2 years ago. I demanded one last year too

She said nothing for your bbq like BGE sides or stuff and I said no just a cactus

So today I accidentally saw she bought some Chinese knockoff sides. Their HDPE and can just tell it’s crap and I tell her I don’t want them

Now she’s pissed. I said how about a bourbon I don’t have. She says nope she’ll just pick the wrong one
what?

AITA: so I got the wife a nice ring for Mother’s Day, earrings and a Bogg Bag (IYKYK). My mom said something like what nice gifts and I said to my brother “lol I’ll just get gym shorts and t shirts”

So she asked what I wanted and I told her a cactus. I asked for one for shtick 2 years ago. I demanded one last year too

She said nothing for your bbq like BGE sides or stuff and I said no just a cactus

So today I accidentally saw she bought some Chinese knockoff sides. Their HDPE and can just tell it’s crap and I tell her I don’t want them

Now she’s pissed. I said how about a bourbon I don’t have. She says nope she’ll just pick the wrong one
what?
Sorry I was pretty bombed when I wrote that

Wife ordered me a Father’s Day gift. I saw the box and told her I didn’t want it (after previously telling her I’d didn’t want said gift).

what?

Wife ordered me a Father’s Day gift. I saw the box and told her I didn’t want it (after previously telling her I’d didn’t want said gift).
what?

what?

what?

Lambskin's working on his 3rd martini...lunch hour in Hamtramck.

Posted in this "BusinessTravelGuys" thread, but thought I'd just complain more here.

In a tiny town in West Texas (Ozona) for the night. Site visit at an apartment property tomorrow morning.

Was looking forward to a nice steak and many Lone Star Beers at the one and only place that has a bar in town. I've actually been to the place before... way back in the summer of 1996 when I was on a cross-country trip with a buddy from college.

Turns out the one day a week they're closed is.... Wednesdays. Gah.

Gotta settle for a tall boy of Truly Fruit Punch and then a sixer of Lone Stars from the convenience next door to my hotel. Apparently the local Mexican joint allows you to BYOB so I'll head over there and get some dinner and down a few beers.

The place I was really looking forward to opens for lunch tomorrow so I'll go then.

Joys of business travel to the middle of nowhere.

@Bogart unfortunately passed away very recently due to cardiac arrest. He was a wonderful human being who went out of his way to be a friend to those he had never met. He leaves behind two children, I think a freshman in college and a high school student, who he never stopped talking about and was immensley proud of. His son worked at an animal shelter and he constantly shared pictures of the dogs he got to walk. His daughter was a star in either gymnastics or cheer, I can't remember but he was always posting photos from her competitions in our group chat.

I bleieve the Mavs beat the Wolves tonight due to his influence from the beyond. The world is a far worse place without him.

@Bogart unfortunately passed away very recently due to cardiac arrest. He was a wonderful human being who went out of his way to be a friend to those he had never met. He leaves behind two children, I think a freshman in college and a high school student, who he never stopped talking about and was immensley proud of. His son worked at an animal shelter and he constantly shared pictures of the dogs he got to walk. His daughter was a star in either gymnastics or cheer, I can't remember but he was always posting photos from her competitions in our group chat.

I bleieve the Mavs beat the Wolves tonight due to his influence from the beyond. The world is a far worse place without him.

Aw Man. Thank you for sharing and I'm so sorry to hear this :heart: 🙏

• Love
Reactions: SWC

What?? ****! what a great guy. He will be missed. Damn. :(

• Love

That sucks, he was an awesome poster, thoprawishes to all that knew him and to his famil.

• Love
but since im here i am having spine surgery again next monday and im actually looking forward to maybe being able to walk more than 100 yards without my left buttocks feeling like it got forest gumped in nam and my leg feeling like it is on fire so that should be nice take that to the bank bromigos
Sorry I missed this GB. Hope all went well. :heart: 🙏
thanks joehan ended up going pretty darn well the docs did a bunch of work on the vertebrae and discs and foramin at L4 5 and now i no longer have pain radiating down my left leg and my drop foot is gone so i can walk a bunch again which has been great still dealing with the actual effects of the surgery at the surgery site and atrophy in my left leg that i am fighting through but getting healthier every day take that to the bank

Last edited:
but since im here i am having spine surgery again next monday and im actually looking forward to maybe being able to walk more than 100 yards without my left buttocks feeling like it got forest gumped in nam and my leg feeling like it is on fire so that should be nice take that to the bank bromigos
thanks joehan ended up going pretty darn well the docs did a bunch of work on the vertebrae and discs and foramin at L4 5 and now i no longer have pain radiating down my left leg and my drop foot is gone so i can walk a bunch again which has been great still dealing with the actual effects of the surgery at the surgery site and atrophy in my left leg that i am fighting through but getting healthier every day take that to the bank

YES! Great to hear GB.

• Thanks
so much fun cornhole with @General Malaise and @urbanhack. missed my train home and back to the bar.

That was fun! Been a while since I laughed that hard. Takes some real talent to miss a train when you arrive at a train station an hour before your departure. :lmao:
PSA: when amtrak says you have to check in 5 minutes before boarding time, they mean 6 minutes, and they will not bend on it. We got to the door at 5:50 for 5:55 train (that was parked in front of us). Wouldn't let us on.

so much fun cornhole with @General Malaise and @urbanhack. missed my train home and back to the bar.

That was fun! Been a while since I laughed that hard. Takes some real talent to miss a train when you arrive at a train station an hour before your departure. :lmao:
PSA: when amtrak says you have to check in 5 minutes before boarding time, they mean 6 minutes, and they will not bend on it. We got to the door at 5:50 for 5:55 train (that was parked in front of us). Wouldn't let us on.
We missed the last train home from Del Mar once. Oingo boingo was playing the after party. That was an expensive limo ride back home. Pre Uber. Good times.

Keep on keeping on bromigo!

Tough day for my daughter Saturday. First she started a fire in our microwave when she forgot to add water to the EZMac she was making. And then later that night she got her Instagram account hacked. On me for not making sure she had 2 factor authentication, but man. Instagram makes it REALLY tough to try to get it restored.

Obviously things could be much much worse, but rough day.

I'm out visiting my mom, who was diagnosed with ALS about a year ago. She's lost the ability to speak or walk and has very limited movement with her left hand, which she uses to slowly type things.

My brother lives nearby and sees her 4x per week, so the progression is less severe for him- I've been seeing her every month or two.

She's always said- for 40 years+ - she wants out on her own terms and has made that clear to us and her doctor regarding her ALS.

After my first day this trip, which was rough seeing her so declined, I asked my brother and his wife if they've discussed it recently with her, because she's rapidly reaching the point of being unable to communicate at all. And last thing any of us want is her being stuck suffering unable to do what shes made explicitly clear.

I just had the discussion with her.

She's ready.

:cry:

Very sorry floppo.

One of my older friends from the neighborhood called me on sat. His mother has been battling a cancer in her brain for 1 1/2 yrs. She told him she no longer wants treatment/chemo. He flew in yesterday with his sister for a few hours to say goodbye 😢 we’ve been tight since we were 10. She was Always nice to the friend group

Edit:
I only bring this up because of the timing and that I believe that you and I grew up about 10 min away from each other.

My thoughts

Last edited:
I'm out visiting my mom, who was diagnosed with ALS about a year ago. She's lost the ability to speak or walk and has very limited movement with her left hand, which she uses to slowly type things.

My brother lives nearby and sees her 4x per week, so the progression is less severe for him- I've been seeing her every month or two.

She's always said- for 40 years+ - she wants out on her own terms and has made that clear to us and her doctor regarding her ALS.

After my first day this trip, which was rough seeing her so declined, I asked my brother and his wife if they've discussed it recently with her, because she's rapidly reaching the point of being unable to communicate at all. And last thing any of us want is her being stuck suffering unable to do what shes made explicitly clear.

She's ready.

That’s heart wrenching Floppo, but at least she’s able to communicate her wishes.

Only a few states have death with dignity programs, but not NY (NJ does). Regardless, I’d reach out to a social worker to help arranging palliative care through hospice.

She's ready.

I’m so sorry. ALS is brutal.

• Thanks

She's ready.

I'm sorry, GB. I'm thankful she has family like you. :heart: 🙏

• Thanks

She's ready.

Sorry man. My FIL succumbed to this disease and it is rough on everyone.

• Sad

She's ready.

Watched my mom go down hill in 6 months last year due to Parkinson's. I feel your pain have you in my prayers. My mom let us know (she asked to see a sunset, and 3 days later it was over), and it sounds like your mom has done the same. Sometimes the will to fight is the only thing really working for them. God bless you, your family, and especially your mother.

• Sad
One of my older friends from the neighborhood called me on sat. His mother has been battling a cancer in her brain for 1 1/2 yrs. She told him she no longer wants treatment/chemo. He flew in yesterday with his sister for a few hours to say goodbye 😢 we’ve been tight since we were 10. She was Always nice to the friend group
friend just texted that while visiting, his mother decided to continue chemo 🎉

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread