What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (5 Viewers)

So after a month or so of basically trying to hide from the 8-months pregnant Mrs. Frostillicus, I think she might have turned a corner. My parents took out 2-year old for the night, so she went shopping and I went to watch some friends play in a Kittenball tournament and was there for a few hours. When I got home, she suggested that for dinner we go up to the corner bar for their meat raffle and suggested I have a couple of beers. This behavior would never have occurred even a week ago.

I'm trying to decide if she's feeling better or if this is some kind of trap.
Pretty sure you answered your own question here

So after a month or so of basically trying to hide from the 8-months pregnant Mrs. Frostillicus, I think she might have turned a corner. My parents took out 2-year old for the night, so she went shopping and I went to watch some friends play in a Kittenball tournament and was there for a few hours. When I got home, she suggested that for dinner we go up to the corner bar for their meat raffle and suggested I have a couple of beers. This behavior would never have occurred even a week ago.I'm trying to decide if she's feeling better or if this is some kind of trap.
Kittenball.Meat raffle.Moar on these plz.

Feeding sharks for tourists to get a look at them has always been a pet peeve of mine. I dive and spearfish and if I have to put a powerhead into one because they're looking for a free meal, I'm the bad guy. ;) The moron taking people out on shark dives gets none of the blame.

I'm not in a great white area though and would probably do my best squid impersonation if I saw one of those things. It would have to navigate through a large, brown cloud to catch up to me if we met underwater.

CGRdrJoe said:
I just skipped pages 81-84, hopefully there was nothing worth reading. The wife asked me last night when my draft was this year for that internet league. I wasn't sure what she was talking about and I asked her to clarify, big mistake. "You know that league you went to Vegas and then some guys cabin in Wisconsin to draft for?" :lmao: Which led to about 40 more questions and me explaining again that it was not some "gay" thing. I'm still thankful that she's never made me explain the whole 11 league to my parents, but I do hope we have a draft next year as I didn't like this years.
Elite league drafts in Hayward the weekend of August 20th. Lookin' forward to it ;)
TF> you doing the boxes thing again for football? really enjoyed that a few years.
No, just don't have the time. I enjoyed it as well...but have a ton of crap going on right now

So ready for Football Season ;)

Thursday night game to open the season and drop the banner.....off to Vegas the next morning.

:lmao:

This weekend was awesome. My team totally kicked ### at kittenball and then I won the meat raffle!

Can someone tell me about the world where the above statement makes sense?

So after a month or so of basically trying to hide from the 8-months pregnant Mrs. Frostillicus, I think she might have turned a corner. My parents took out 2-year old for the night, so she went shopping and I went to watch some friends play in a Kittenball tournament and was there for a few hours. When I got home, she suggested that for dinner we go up to the corner bar for their meat raffle and suggested I have a couple of beers. This behavior would never have occurred even a week ago.I'm trying to decide if she's feeling better or if this is some kind of trap.
You mean like, what are they?Kittenball is basically softball, except the ball is about twice as big. I would link a picture here, but google images is ######ed and searching for kittenball only returns pictures of kittens, with or without balls (not those balls, sicko). It's a co-ed tournament, and the men aren't allowed to wear gloves, which is fine because beyond being twice as large as a softball, the kittenball is also very pretty soft. Not like, nerf soft or anything, but catching a line drive with your hands isn't going to hurt. It's a fun time, and there was much drinking by all. Especially "pinkies" which were sold by the trayful (one tray = 14 drinks) and are just vodka & pink lemonade. Delicious, refreshing, and alcoholic. What more could you want?Meat raffles are a big deal in Minnesota these days, gaining hugely in popularity after one of the local news shows did a big story on them and are held at nearly every bar on a weekly basis, but my family has been going to them for many years. You just show up, they sell 30 tickets per spin with a number on them, spin the wheel and if you have that number you win. Winning means you go up to the front and choose your meat. Steaks, Ribs, Porkchops, Chicken, hot dogs, bacon, whatever, all supplied by a local butcher. They sell 30 tickets per spin at a buck a piece, so they are raking in $30 per spin, usually for a local charity or school or sports team, and if you win the meat is probably worth about $20-$25 each package, so everybody wins. Plus you get to sit and drink.Any other questions?

This weekend was awesome. My team totally kicked ### at kittenball and then I won the meat raffle!

Can someone tell me about the world where the above statement makes sense?
It's a wonderful world, good buddy.You mean nobody else has meat raffles? They're awesome.

What's that quote about scouting high school players and how "it=info and there's no expires by date on it?"

I want to use that as my "resume" post to get into the survivor contest.
"It=Info" is an old shark pool line, I don't know where it originated. Here's the rest of that post.Edit: Some guy in the shark pool forwarded that to the Athletic Director of Isaiah Weeks' high school in Alaska. I think it freaked the kid out.
Remember this? It worked. I'm in.League 6, baby.
:IBTL: Glad to help.

Sorry to hear your story GM. I witnessed a fatal accident like that last year on vacation. Driver crushed a pedestrian who was on the sidewalk! :eek: Difference was the driver passed out at about 7 in the evening, while driving, and it turned out had been drinking and inhaling other substances for most of the afternoon. Criminal charges followed. Definately makes you think about things. Had he passed out just a couple of seconds earlier it would have been, me, the wife, and kids in harms way.

Don't know ya Otis, but Congrats... it'll change your life. :IBTL:

Three days till' Mexico with just the wife :lmao:

Meat raffles are a big deal in Minnesota these days, gaining hugely in popularity after one of the local news shows did a big story on them and are held at nearly every bar on a weekly basis, but my family has been going to them for many years. You just show up, they sell 30 tickets per spin with a number on them, spin the wheel and if you have that number you win. Winning means you go up to the front and choose your meat. Steaks, Ribs, Porkchops, Chicken, hot dogs, bacon, whatever, all supplied by a local butcher. They sell 30 tickets per spin at a buck a piece, so they are raking in $30 per spin, usually for a local charity or school or sports team, and if you win the meat is probably worth about $20-$25 each package, so everybody wins. Plus you get to sit and drink.Any other questions?
Do they at least cook the meat for you while you're waiting?

And yes SK, looking to sell the car soon and swap in an SUV. Would love the 555hp BMW X5 M, but we really shouldn't be spending the monthly payment on a car like that with our silly amounts of debt. Considering the Ford Edge or maybe the new Jeep Grand Cherokee (maybe the one with the Hemi)
wife and i just went Mazda CX-9 Touring after comparison shopping against the other sensible options out there.lots of the suv/crossover types are smaller than you think.. don't have a viable 3rd row.. and get #### gas mileage.

this was a happy meeting of decent gas mileage, style, space and need fit.
Otis (congrats) doesn't care about gas mileage jetting out to the Hamptons.
:goodposting:
:goodposting: Good info though Furls. I'm also feeling economy and country-conscious, so I'm thinking about buying American. The Fords these days are supposedly fantastic.

The Cayenne S is pretty bad-### though...

Especially "pinkies" which were sold by the trayful (one tray = 14 drinks) and are just vodka & pink lemonade. Any other questions?
Yes. Do they call them "pinkies" because that's what you stick in the air when you delicately tip these drinks back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Meat raffles are a big deal in Minnesota these days, gaining hugely in popularity after one of the local news shows did a big story on them and are held at nearly every bar on a weekly basis, but my family has been going to them for many years. You just show up, they sell 30 tickets per spin with a number on them, spin the wheel and if you have that number you win. Winning means you go up to the front and choose your meat. Steaks, Ribs, Porkchops, Chicken, hot dogs, bacon, whatever, all supplied by a local butcher. They sell 30 tickets per spin at a buck a piece, so they are raking in $30 per spin, usually for a local charity or school or sports team, and if you win the meat is probably worth about $20-$25 each package, so everybody wins. Plus you get to sit and drink.Any other questions?
Do they at least cook the meat for you while you're waiting?
No, you take it home and then can cook it yourself or freeze it for later. They will, however, generally store your winnings for you in their freezer if you aren't planning on heading straight home, which is often the case when you're at a bar.

Especially "pinkies" which were sold by the trayful (one tray = 14 drinks) and are just vodka & pink lemonade. Any other questions?
Yes. Do they call them "pinkies" because that's what you stick in the air when you delicately tip these drinks back?
No, it's because they are pink in color.

Lots of dudes with preggers wives in here. Quick question -- do you guys give up booze to support the cause? She's struggling with this (not because she's an alcoholic in the technical sense, but we're drinkers), and I have said a few times I would quit with her, but she tells me that's silly. I've got the out here, but I still feel guilty every time I pour a scotch or glass of wine at home. What's protocol here?

TIA

Lots of dudes with preggers wives in here. Quick question -- do you guys give up booze to support the cause? She's struggling with this (not because she's an alcoholic in the technical sense, but we're drinkers), and I have said a few times I would quit with her, but she tells me that's silly. I've got the out here, but I still feel guilty every time I pour a scotch or glass of wine at home. What's protocol here?TIA
We are both drinkers too, and for us it's been different the two times. We had some pregnancy related issues, so the first one was pretty special, and the Mrs. was so elated that she didn't really care, so I'd drink when I felt like it and there were no problems.This second time the magic isn't quite the same, and she really wishes she could have a drink, so I generally have tried not to drink in front of her because I know it's bugging her.I'd say if your gal is telling you it's fine, it's fine. Pregnant women generally have no problems telling you exactly what they're really thinking and not playing games.

Lots of dudes with preggers wives in here. Quick question -- do you guys give up booze to support the cause? She's struggling with this (not because she's an alcoholic in the technical sense, but we're drinkers), and I have said a few times I would quit with her, but she tells me that's silly. I've got the out here, but I still feel guilty every time I pour a scotch or glass of wine at home. What's protocol here?TIA
Hell no. I now have a built in designated driver. She supports it but I also don't go out drinking all that much any more.

Protocol is that you drink MORE because in several months your life as you know it will cease to exist. You will either be too sleep-deprived to drink or a big night is having an extra drink while waiting for the 1 AM feeding duty to roll around.

GM, you should be embarrassed about your Ducks.

Jeremiah Masoli, who helped Oregon to the 2009 Pac-10 title before being suspended in March and ultimately booted from the program in June, will play his final college season at Ole Miss.

Masoli visited the Oxford, Miss., campus this weekend, and Rebels coach Houston Nutt offered Masoli a place on the team, which is down to two scholarship quarterbacks after backup Raymond Cotton decided earlier this month to transfer. Masoli, from Daly City, Calif., will be a walk-on because the Rebels already have reached the NCAA's 85-scholarship limit. He is eligible to play immediately because of an NCAA rule that allows players who have obtained bachelor's degrees to transfer to schools that offer graduate programs their current schools don't offer. Masoli graduated from Oregon this month with a degree in sociology. Pending approval of his transcript, Masoli will enroll in the Parks and Recreation master's program at Ole Miss, and he will compete with redshirt sophomore Nathan Stanley for the starting job when practice begins Aug. 8.
What kind of football school doesn't offer a Parks and Recreation Masters program?

I just found all the Il était une fois… videos! Already grabbed man and space and are trying to grab human next, but it's hard to find.

Not sure if it ran over here, but it's great learning for kids: Linky

I gave up drinking with our first pregnancy. I couldn't sit there drinking alone while I knew she was miserable and pregnant. I went to a party one night with a bunch of my old friends and she told me to go have fun and drink the night away. OF course, she was miserable all night long.It really wasn't too bad....okay it got better as time went on.Next pregnancy, she told me not to worry about giving up drinking....and I took her up on that :banned: :banned: :banned:

I just found all the Il était une fois… videos! Already grabbed man and space and are trying to grab human next, but it's hard to find.

Are all those words in the right order?
maybe... :banned: Il était une fois… is a French animated TV-series, released in 3 versions, man (describing history), space (science fictionish) and human (talking about physiology).

It was awesome when I grew up, and I learned a ton, so I downloaded the episodes for my daughter.

maybe... :banned: Il était une fois… is a French animated TV-series, released in 3 versions, man (describing history), space (science fictionish) and human (talking about physiology).

It was awesome when I grew up, and I learned a ton, so I downloaded the episodes for my daughter.
You realize some things have changed since 1978, right?

maybe... :blackdot: Il était une fois… is a French animated TV-series, released in 3 versions, man (describing history), space (science fictionish) and human (talking about physiology).

Um, not so sure that history has changed that much... last I checked MOntgolfier still flew a balloon and Curie drove her husband to drink barium...

maybe... :blackdot: Il était une fois… is a French animated TV-series, released in 3 versions, man (describing history), space (science fictionish) and human (talking about physiology).

Um, not so sure that history has changed that much... last I checked MOntgolfier still flew a balloon and Curie drove her husband to drink barium...
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread