What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

God I hate having to buy gifts for my wife... (1 Viewer)

You know, in my head and heart, this all sounded so perfect.  Told the Mrs. she didn't have to lift a finger on Mother's Day, "I GOT THIS!".  About 25 minutes into the cooking, I was begging for her assistance.  I'm such a buffoon. :lmao:
You showed how important she is to the family.  Priceless.

Right on.  Mr R and I went out for Valentine's Day ONCE.  Now we celebrate on a different day.  I'm not standing in line for two or more hours just to eat.
They don't have those things called "reservations" where you live? I make a reservation every year and have never had an issue. And I live in a city of 1.7M.

They don't have those things called "reservations" where you live? I make a reservation every year and have never had an issue. And I live in a city of 1.7M.
Of course.  And they quite often have only certain items available.  And there's a crowd waiting to get in or in the parking lot.  And the waiters are stressed out.  It's just not worth it.

I can go a few days later/before and deal with none of the hassle.  Also, a lot of our favorite places don't take reservations.  Many of those that do are chi-chi frou-frou.  No thanks.

Of course.  And they quite often have only certain items available.  And there's a crowd waiting to get in or in the parking lot.  And the waiters are stressed out.  It's just not worth it.

I can go a few days later/before and deal with none of the hassle.  Also, a lot of our favorite places don't take reservations.  Many of those that do are chi-chi frou-frou.  No thanks.
FWIW, I would never wait two hours to eat, nor would my wife. We'd leave first.

For Mother's Day my kids are always on the ball. I make it clear she’s not my mother.

16-yo daughter bought a cool succulent on a field trip. 

14-yo daughter made a routered wooden sign with a fun saying. She also had me pick up a small bouquet of fake flowers for a vase. She then made crepes with fresh fruit or Nutella with whipped cream for breakfast. 

Little man helped the girls and sang her a song about love. 

Her birthday is at the end of May. All she wants is the old cars on our property GONE. #LowMaintenance

For Mother's Day my kids are always on the ball. I make it clear she’s not my mother.

14-yo daughter made a routered wooden sign with a fun saying. She also had me pick up a small bouquet of fake flowers for a vase. She then made crepes with fresh fruit or Nutella with whipped cream for breakfast. 

Her birthday is at the end of May. All she wants is the old cars on our property GONE. #LowMaintenance
^^^ This ^^^

She isn't your mother.  I have my own mother to get something for.  Tell your kids to get to work.  If they are over age 12 make them get her the flowers and decide if they want to go out or make her brunch.  If they are younger tell them to make a card and pick flowers to order for her online.

I'm theoretically on the hook for anniversary, birthday and Christmas.  Real holidays.  I don't need a holiday made up by Hallmark to be in charge of.

How did your 14-yo daughter get good at woodworking?  That's impressive.  Woodworking AND crepes.  

How did your 14-yo daughter get good at woodworking?  That's impressive.  Woodworking AND crepes.  
Thank you. She did it on her own at school in their new MakerSpace, which is a cool collaborative space where 3D printers, woodworking, robotics, design, metals, technology, etc. allow students to explore areas of interest. Basically STEAM, Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. 

https://imgur.com/a/UpysNrC

Users who are viewing this thread