What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Going to visit Charleston, SC (1 Viewer)

I'm not familiar with the term "museum mile", but assuming it is near the museum .. duh.

Depends on how much you like to walk.  It's a little bit of a hike to the market and lots of the shopping from there.  Only rent a car if you are looking to go outside of the peninsula for any of the plantations or other sites.  Parking is such a headache downtown.  I'm not an Uber person, but I'm guessing that would be your best bet.
Along a one-mile section of Meeting Street you will find 6 museums, 5 nationally renowned historic houses, 4 scenic parks, a Revolutionary War powder magazine, and an array of historic houses of worship and public buildings such as the Market and City Hall.

We're staying near Marion Square. 

Yeah, I wouldn't rent a car unless you are doing a lot outside of downtown (plantations/Ft Moultrie/beaches/Patriot's Point).  Patriot's Point would be a a quick Uber.  Bit of a hike from Marion Square to Battery, but you'd rather walk it anyways...

How's the weather down there usually, second or so week, in June? Hoping we'll be there before it's too hot.

we stayed at the Courtyard Marriott there. Did not rent a car. Got a little sweaty (in May) walking down to the battery and all around, but would not do it differently.

things we enjoyed

Charleston is my new #1 vacation spot in the US. So much more we didn't have time to do.

if you are staying at the Courtyard, the concierge there is great. Definitely visit him as soon as you can upon your arrival.

Our trip is coming up next week and have an idea of what we're doing for most of it. Do have one free night, after dinner, that we're looking to do something. Originally thought we could do an evening carriage ride, but seems they all end by 5 or 6pm. 

We're already doing ghost tours (one walking and one of the USS Yorktown) on other nights. Any other suggestions for something to do around 8pm on a Sunday night? 

Does this thread stand the test of time or have things changed in Charleston? As shameful as it sounds I live less than 2 hours from Charleston and haven't been there in 20 years. Well all of that changes in August as we have tickets to see Hootie and the Blowfish @ the Volvo Car Stadium on Daniel Island. I'm looking for a little advice. We are going to drive down on a Friday(most likely in the evening), check in to our lodging, and probably go find something to eat. The concert is Saturday night, and we will drive home on Sunday. I was thinking about staying in the Mt. Pleasant area as it's not too far of a drive to Daniel Island or to Downtown Charleston but I'm open to suggestions. I've been looking on Home Away and Air BnB with mixed results so far. A hotel isn't out of the question either.

Any advice on accommodations, restaurants, things to do would be appreciated. I'm definitely wanting to eat some fresh seafood and probably some shrimp and grits. The wife doesn't eat seafood so a burger or steak will have to be in play for her. We were thinking about going downtown but other than the Market I'm not sure what else I should be checking out while down there. I also have no clue as to where I can park. I think we are going to go to Fort Sumter before we head home on Sunday. Still trying to piece things together. 

Does this thread stand the test of time or have things changed in Charleston? As shameful as it sounds I live less than 2 hours from Charleston and haven't been there in 20 years. Well all of that changes in August as we have tickets to see Hootie and the Blowfish @ the Volvo Car Stadium on Daniel Island. I'm looking for a little advice. We are going to drive down on a Friday(most likely in the evening), check in to our lodging, and probably go find something to eat. The concert is Saturday night, and we will drive home on Sunday. I was thinking about staying in the Mt. Pleasant area as it's not too far of a drive to Daniel Island or to Downtown Charleston but I'm open to suggestions. I've been looking on Home Away and Air BnB with mixed results so far. A hotel isn't out of the question either.

Any advice on accommodations, restaurants, things to do would be appreciated. I'm definitely wanting to eat some fresh seafood and probably some shrimp and grits. The wife doesn't eat seafood so a burger or steak will have to be in play for her. We were thinking about going downtown but other than the Market I'm not sure what else I should be checking out while down there. I also have no clue as to where I can park. I think we are going to go to Fort Sumter before we head home on Sunday. Still trying to piece things together. 
Man I loved me some Hootie back in the day.  Have you ever been to the venue?  It seems like it's general admission only, I'm not a huge fan of not having a seat but that wouldn't preclude me from seeing a concert there.

Man I loved me some Hootie back in the day.  Have you ever been to the venue?  It seems like it's general admission only, I'm not a huge fan of not having a seat but that wouldn't preclude me from seeing a concert there.
I've never been there so I'm not 100% sure. It looks like the floor and the very top are GA. I'm in row D of my section but I don't know the seat numbers as I don't have the tickets in hand yet. 

Oh and I haven't seen Hootie since my college days down in 5 Points. Can't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming the venue is the Tennis arena.  I can't keep up with what they call it ... seems to always be different.  My only experience with the place is when my wife and I went to see Earth Wind & Fire last year.  Great show, and a surprisingly good place for a concert.
I'm one of the rare people from around here that doesn't really like Hootie, but I'm sure lots of my friend will be there.

Staying in Mt. Pleasant is problematic from the aspect that traffic sucks.  But, with what you are looking to do, it's the right choice.  One suggestion I have for food is Page's Okra Grill.  You can get your Shrimp and Grits, and they have plenty of non seafood dishes.  My wife really likes their Country Fried Steak (when she could still eat it).

We might have to do a meet and drink.

I'm assuming the venue is the Tennis arena.  I can't keep up with what they call it ... seems to always be different.  My only experience with the place is when my wife and I went to see Earth Wind & Fire last year.  Great show, and a surprisingly good place for a concert.
I'm one of the rare people from around here that doesn't really like Hootie, but I'm sure lots of my friend will be there.

Staying in Mt. Pleasant is problematic from the aspect that traffic sucks.  But, with what you are looking to do, it's the right choice.  One suggestion I have for food is Page's Okra Grill.  You can get your Shrimp and Grits, and they have plenty of non seafood dishes.  My wife really likes their Country Fried Steak (when she could still eat it).

We might have to do a meet and drink.
Yes, it's the tennis arena. Were all of the tickets general admission when you went or were there reserved seats? I've got a section and row but no seat numbers yet. 

You've got me rethinking Mt. Pleasant. I've found a couple of decent deals downtown near the Market. The Church Street Inn is the main one. I'll have to do a little more research but I was thinking that I could walk most everywhere and uber to the concert. One negative is the $20 per day parking.

Page's Okra Grill looks good . I'll add that to the list. 

A meet and a drink sounds good if the schedule will allow it. I would love that.

Thanks for the advice.

Summer is a busy time on the coast of the Carolinas.  Book your stuff earl(ier)y.
Thanks!  Gonna look at rentals this week.  We’re trying to decide if we’re going to split the trip between Savannah, Charleston, and Wilmington, or just pick one place and explore it in more depth.

I live in Charleston...

The concerts I have been to at the Volvo have always been in seats, they usually have an area down on the floor, maybe that is general seating as the seats aren't permanent.

The only advantages to staying in Mt.P would be the proximity to the beaches (Sullivans Island and Isle of Palms are both nice and close), and its a short drive to Daniel Island where the concert is, and the ease of driving around in general.  If you do stay in MT.P I can vouch for Paige's (I dated Paige for a while :), also best shrimp and grits in the area).  Also Langdon's is really good if you are looking for something a little more upscale (small place with a fantastic chef).  MT.P to me is just another suburb though and doesn't have the historical feel of downtown.

If you are coming to Charleston for the city and history, the Museum Mile area (never heard it called that) is a great area.  Lots of great dining and things to see.  I personally would not rent a car if I were flying in.  Uber and Lyft are both here and all the drives are short if you needed it.  If you are in halfway decent shape you should be able to walk almost everywhere.  If it gets hot or you get tired hope in a Uber.  If you decide to go to the beach its a short 15 min ride over to the ones near MT.P a little longer to get to John's Island area.  

As far as restaurants go down town, there is just so many places that are great and pretty unique.  Some of my favorites: The Macintosh, Oku(sushi), Basil (Thia), The Ordinary, Halls Chophouse, Tatooed Moose (more funky).  If you really want the best food in town though you need to plan ahead and try to get a table at Fig while your in town.  It really is a tier above everything else in my opinion.  

If you get tired of downtown while your here, I think Sullivan's island is a must see.  Its quintessential Charleston.  It is that funky mix of beach town and classic southern feel.  All the restaurants on the main street are good, the atmosphere is casual but the quality isn't.  I end up spending a lot of time their in the summers.  Get a Game Changer at Home Team if you go.

I live in Charleston...

The concerts I have been to at the Volvo have always been in seats, they usually have an area down on the floor, maybe that is general seating as the seats aren't permanent.

The only advantages to staying in Mt.P would be the proximity to the beaches (Sullivans Island and Isle of Palms are both nice and close), and its a short drive to Daniel Island where the concert is, and the ease of driving around in general.  If you do stay in MT.P I can vouch for Paige's (I dated Paige for a while :), also best shrimp and grits in the area).  Also Langdon's is really good if you are looking for something a little more upscale (small place with a fantastic chef).  MT.P to me is just another suburb though and doesn't have the historical feel of downtown.

If you are coming to Charleston for the city and history, the Museum Mile area (never heard it called that) is a great area.  Lots of great dining and things to see.  I personally would not rent a car if I were flying in.  Uber and Lyft are both here and all the drives are short if you needed it.  If you are in halfway decent shape you should be able to walk almost everywhere.  If it gets hot or you get tired hope in a Uber.  If you decide to go to the beach its a short 15 min ride over to the ones near MT.P a little longer to get to John's Island area.  

As far as restaurants go down town, there is just so many places that are great and pretty unique.  Some of my favorites: The Macintosh, Oku(sushi), Basil (Thia), The Ordinary, Halls Chophouse, Tatooed Moose (more funky).  If you really want the best food in town though you need to plan ahead and try to get a table at Fig while your in town.  It really is a tier above everything else in my opinion.  

If you get tired of downtown while your here, I think Sullivan's island is a must see.  Its quintessential Charleston.  It is that funky mix of beach town and classic southern feel.  All the restaurants on the main street are good, the atmosphere is casual but the quality isn't.  I end up spending a lot of time their in the summers.  Get a Game Changer at Home Team if you go.
Thanks for the suggestions. A lot of good info in this post. 

Yes, it's the tennis arena. Were all of the tickets general admission when you went or were there reserved seats? I've got a section and row but no seat numbers yet. 

You've got me rethinking Mt. Pleasant. I've found a couple of decent deals downtown near the Market. The Church Street Inn is the main one. I'll have to do a little more research but I was thinking that I could walk most everywhere and uber to the concert. One negative is the $20 per day parking.

Page's Okra Grill looks good . I'll add that to the list. 

A meet and a drink sounds good if the schedule will allow it. I would love that.

Thanks for the advice.
I was seated in the upper area to one side of the stage, we had specific seat numbers.
I really don't go downtown to eat enough to give suggestions.  I've been to several places, and you really can't go wrong.  Just so many choices.
If no time to meet, we still have tailgating.

Oku(sushi)
That group has already opened one in Charlotte and will be opening another concept soon.  Funny that I was really turned off by the service at the Charleston O-Ku, but the one in Charlotte is top-notch.  Must have caught them in a bad day.

As far as restaurants, I will throw 176 Raw into the mix.  Fantastic, but tiny spot.  If @In The Zone is looking to grab some seafood while the wife shops, it would be a good place to belly up at a barstool and wash down some fine oysters with a Westbrook or Holy City  :banned: :thumbup:  

FIG is also a place I'd seen for years but only visited recently.  Really good.

Thanks!  Gonna look at rentals this week.  We’re trying to decide if we’re going to split the trip between Savannah, Charleston, and Wilmington, or just pick one place and explore it in more depth.
How long are you planning on going for?  Renting a place at one of the Charleston beaches for a week would be good choice, if beaches are your thing.  That way you can beach out and explore a city with high-end sights and dinning too.  I echo the above that Sullivan's Island is a great beach town.  IOP is a better beach though, just a lot busier.  Sullivan's can be really chill as tourists don't know where they can park and shy away.

A couple of days in both Charleston and Savannah would be a good trip, I always love the drive on 17 between them. 

How long are you planning on going for?  Renting a place at one of the Charleston beaches for a week would be good choice, if beaches are your thing.  That way you can beach out and explore a city with high-end sights and dinning too.  I echo the above that Sullivan's Island is a great beach town.  IOP is a better beach though, just a lot busier.  Sullivan's can be really chill as tourists don't know where they can park and shy away.

A couple of days in both Charleston and Savannah would be a good trip, I always love the drive on 17 between them. 
After a great flight deal broke out, we ended up cutting some cities from the trip we would have visited by car.  Going to stay a few nights at a hotel next to Forsyth Park in Savannah, then drive up to Charleston area, renting a condo through VRBO on the beach in Isle Of Palms for a few nights.   We'll hit the NC spots on our list on another trip.  

Really looking forward to this.  A friend recommended trying she-crab soup.  Good advice?    

I live in Charleston...

Quoting this one to make sure I read it again when I start planning this visit in more detail.  Those restaurant recs look terrific at first glance.  Will definitely check out Sullivan's Island.

Yes, that is very good advice.  Some places offer it with some sherry on it, not a fan as it takes away from the flavor of the soup. 
Pro tip!  Love it.  I'm coming from flyover country where it is easy to find a good steak and terrific BBQ.  So we will be seeking out seafood dishes during our visit.

After a great flight deal broke out, we ended up cutting some cities from the trip we would have visited by car.  Going to stay a few nights at a hotel next to Forsyth Park in Savannah, then drive up to Charleston area, renting a condo through VRBO on the beach in Isle Of Palms for a few nights.   We'll hit the NC spots on our list on another trip.  

Really looking forward to this.  A friend recommended trying she-crab soup.  Good advice?    
She-crab soup is really good and there are several good places to get it in town, not that I have ever had any that was bad.

82 Queen is the probably the place that is best known for their soup.  Its a cute place and has a good atmosphere.  Get a reservation.

For those coming into Chucktown over Memorial day, be aware that the 526 bridge crossing from Daniel Island into Mt. pleasant is all jacked up and is 1 lane each way.  It has made a real mess of getting around town lately and is not scheduled to be re-opened till 6/11.  I would watch google maps before driving anywhere around town especially on the week days.  

Also, there is a tropical depression that is supposed to soak the city for the entire weekend.  

I hope that no one that was planning to come is to greatly effected, cause this is typically a fun city to visit.

James

Anthony Bourdain did a show from Charleston and I've been wanting to go ever since.  Might be worth looking for it before you go, though it sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on things already.  He ate one dinner with Bill Murray, which was good watching.  Food looked spectacular. 

ETA:  Link

For those coming into Chucktown over Memorial day, be aware that the 526 bridge crossing from Daniel Island into Mt. pleasant is all jacked up and is 1 lane each way.  It has made a real mess of getting around town lately and is not scheduled to be re-opened till 6/11.  I would watch google maps before driving anywhere around town especially on the week days.  

Also, there is a tropical depression that is supposed to soak the city for the entire weekend.  
Traffic here is crap to start with, this Wando Bridge issue has truly pushed it to a new level.  Thank goodness I work from home.
Weekend rain forecast: Saturday 60%, Sunday 90%, Monday 100%  good times.

This is fake news, get the sherry
I knew you were going to say that.

Me again,  

A few weeks out from my first visit to the Charleston area.  Wife and I are renting a place in Isle Of Palms.  Kid-free trip.  Really looking forward to it.

Seem to have a good feel for restaurants so far, but any place you've got in the fish & seafood category and/or essential to the Charleston experience is welcome.  Feel free to rec a steak or BBQ joint, but we're coming from an area where those are relatively easy to find.    

Any recs on boat tours?  Not looking to do any fishing on this trip, but we would enjoy a tour of the area on motorboat or sailboat.  Is it a good time of year for spotting dolphins or whales in the water?     

Also read there are services that will set up beach chairs and umbrellas for you during your beach stay - have them up and ready for you in the morning, come back and take them down after sunset so they don't stay out all night.  Intrigued, but not sure how much time we will spend just lounging at the beach.  (I am open to the possibility my mind might be changed quickly once my feet hit the sand the first afternoon we are there.)

Anyone know or recommend a good walking tour guide?  Seems strange, but I've greatly enjoyed the walking tours I've booked the last few years when visiting a new city.  

Me again,  

A few weeks out from my first visit to the Charleston area.  Wife and I are renting a place in Isle Of Palms.  Kid-free trip.  Really looking forward to it.

Seem to have a good feel for restaurants so far, but any place you've got in the fish & seafood category and/or essential to the Charleston experience is welcome.  Feel free to rec a steak or BBQ joint, but we're coming from an area where those are relatively easy to find.    

Any recs on boat tours?  Not looking to do any fishing on this trip, but we would enjoy a tour of the area on motorboat or sailboat.  Is it a good time of year for spotting dolphins or whales in the water?     

Also read there are services that will set up beach chairs and umbrellas for you during your beach stay - have them up and ready for you in the morning, come back and take them down after sunset so they don't stay out all night.  Intrigued, but not sure how much time we will spend just lounging at the beach.  (I am open to the possibility my mind might be changed quickly once my feet hit the sand the first afternoon we are there.)

Anyone know or recommend a good walking tour guide?  Seems strange, but I've greatly enjoyed the walking tours I've booked the last few years when visiting a new city.  
I wish I could be more helpful here, but I don't do enough tourist stuff to have good answers.
Finding seafood should be easy, especially if you head inland from IOP.
I don't know anything about boat tours.  I know there are boats that do harbor tours, but I've never tried it.
Don't know about dolphin spotting.  I've seen some before, never seen whales.
Don't know about the chair and umbrella thing, usually bring my own to the beach.
At this point, you are thinking (and I am thinking), why the hell did he even bother to reply.

But, my kids and I did a Walking Ghost Tour one year for Halloween.  It was pretty interesting.

Just remember, it is going to be hot.

Me again,  

The restaurant that GM referenced above is Husk.  Sean Brock is the Chef.  I had one of the best meals of my life there last fall.  Make reservations in advance but it is worth it. A couple doors down from Husk is 86 Queen, another restaurant and bar.  Their she-crab soup is the best we had in Charleston.

If you are looking for BBQ, Rodney Scott has a place in Charleston now.  His family has Scott's BBQ in a little town a couple hours outside of Charleston and are renowned for the best whole hog BBQ.  

Finally, there is a place called Hall's Chophouse that has earned quite a national reputation as a top steakhouse.  I haven't eaten at this one yet because we couldn't get in last trip but we will this fall.

I wish I could be more helpful here, but I don't do enough tourist stuff to have good answers.
Finding seafood should be easy, especially if you head inland from IOP.
I don't know anything about boat tours.  I know there are boats that do harbor tours, but I've never tried it.
Don't know about dolphin spotting.  I've seen some before, never seen whales.
Don't know about the chair and umbrella thing, usually bring my own to the beach.
At this point, you are thinking (and I am thinking), why the hell did he even bother to reply.

But, my kids and I did a Walking Ghost Tour one year for Halloween.  It was pretty interesting.

Just remember, it is going to be hot.
I'm just happy to see you post here.  I know it's a busy time for you, and tomorrow's match against Sweden probably has a lot of your attention right now.  

The Walking Ghost Tour is added the short list.  We will also spend a few days in Savannah during this trip, and ghost tours are a thing there, too.  This is not a thing where I live.  

I have to keep reminding myself of your last sentence.  It is why I suspect we will add more beach time as our visit progresses.  

I'm just happy to see you post here.  I know it's a busy time for you, and tomorrow's match against Sweden probably has a lot of your attention right now.  
I have to keep reminding myself of your last sentence.  It is why I suspect we will add more beach time as our visit progresses.  
Sweden has a lot of my attention, true.  Hopefully Jogi and the boys will be in better form.

App on my phone shows 96, 96, 87, 88, 91, 90 for expected highs starting Sunday.  So, you might get a cool down.

I did think of something else, don't know if you would be interested.  Next Thursday, the 28th, is Carolina Day.  It's commemorates the colonists victory over a British fleet in 1776.  You will be pretty near Ft. Moultrie, and they might be having some type of reenactment.  If I see anything, I will post it.
From wiki:

On June 28, 1776, a small band of South Carolina Patriots defeated the British Royal Navy in the Battle of Sullivan's Island. Patriots stationed at an unfinished palmetto log and sand fort near what is today Fort Moultrie defeated a British naval force of nine warships as it attempted to invade Charleston. After a nine-hour battle, the ships were forced to retire. Charleston was saved from British occupation, and the fort was named in honor of its commander, General William Moultrie. The victory put off a British occupation for four years.

The Liberty Flag designed by Colonel William Moultrie and waved by Sergeant William Jasper to rally the troops during that battle became the basis for the Flag of South Carolina, bearing on it an image of the palmetto tree that was used to build the fortress.

Sorry if already covered. 

Lewis BBQ is by far the best in Charleston in my opinion. The trouble for someone visiting Charleston and is it's nothing about Charleston. It's more like visiting Austin. (Where Lewis is one of the legends of BBQ).

Lewis BBQ is by far the best in Charleston in my opinion. The trouble for someone visiting Charleston and is it's nothing about Charleston. It's more like visiting Austin. (Where Lewis is one of the legends of BBQ).
It is good.   We only discovered it after my wife was diagnosed with Celiac disease a couple of months back, they were listed as a place that takes great care in preparation for gluten free customers.  There are plenty of good BBQ places around town, my personal favorite is Duke's.  But, that's not a place out of town people find or go to, it's a hole in the wall, cinder block building, bar bones operation.

Any place with the slogan "Taking Care Of Brisket" is alright in my book.  Menu and photos look terrific.

It is good.   We only discovered it after my wife was diagnosed with Celiac disease a couple of months back, they were listed as a place that takes great care in preparation for gluten free customers.  There are plenty of good BBQ places around town, my personal favorite is Duke's.  But, that's not a place out of town people find or go to, it's a hole in the wall, cinder block building, bar bones operation.
I'll be coming from east Kansas.  My favorite BBQ place here started in a working gas station.  Joe knows the place.  "hole in the wall, cinder block building, bare bones operation" are phrases that intrigue me, but I get why out-of-towners wouldn't seek it out.

What's the story on Cheerwine?  Explain it to me as if my dad's side of the family is from Texas and I think Dr. Pepper is 23 flavors all working together in one delicious symphony of flavor.

Bruce Dickinson said:
I'll be coming from east Kansas.  My favorite BBQ place here started in a working gas station.  Joe knows the place.  "hole in the wall, cinder block building, bare bones operation" are phrases that intrigue me, but I get why out-of-towners wouldn't seek it out.
There are several Duke's around the lowcountry (I think there is on one James Island) , but this is the one he is talking about:  https://www.yelp.com/biz/dukes-bar-b-que-north-charleston 

Yeah, not sure a trip to North Charleston is something many tourists would do (or want to)

What's the story on Cheerwine?  Explain it to me as if my dad's side of the family is from Texas and I think Dr. Pepper is 23 flavors all working together in one delicious symphony of flavor.
Cheerwine is to the south what Big Red is to Texas. It's wildly popular from a nostalgic angle and people will fight over it. But in reality, it's a little weird and not something you want all the time. 

Big Red tastes like bubble gum. Cheerwine is a little more like Cherry coke with a slight Dr. Pepper element. I love them both and will defend them both. And like a good Southerner and Texan, will act like both are better than they really are.

Really looking forward to the visit.  Got a sunset sail booked, a harbor tour, carriage ride planned, a walking tour of alleys and hidden passageways, day trip to Middleton Place.  Hired a service that will set up two beach chairs and an umbrella in the mornings on the beach by our rental condo, and pack them up as sunset approaches each afternoon.  And oh baby, will the meals be spectacular.  Thank to all for your suggestions.  We’ll be trying restaurants in Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Sullivan’s Island, Isle Of Palms, plus the restaurant on the Middleton grounds.  My quest to eat my weight in shrimp & grits might not be the most noble goal I’ve ever had, but they can’t all be winners.  

I am looking forward to my visit as well. The wife and I drive down 5 weeks from today. We're only there a couple of days so our activities are a little limited. I will take a couple of pieces of advice from @Mjolnirs

The first is to stay in Mount Pleasant. This will be a more central location for us due to our activities. We arrive on a Friday afternoon (hopefully early) and will probably stay in MP that night. Might hit up Waterfront Park and the Mt. Pleasant Pier in the evening. Get to bed early because Saturday will be a busy day. 

Early Saturday we plan to go to the Historic District and just walk around. Hit the market, Waterfront Park, Rainbow Row, the Battery, etc. Also, there will be a cruise ship in Port and for some reason my wife wants to see it. That night we are going to see Hootie in Daniel Island. 

Sunday we plan to check out early and head to Fort Moultrie. Will probably take a walk down to the beach from there just for a nice walk. Probably head home after that. Might go somewhere like Mt Pleasant Seafood on the way out of town and buy me something to grill for dinner when I get home. 

A few restaurants on the list are Page's Okra Grill (another @Mjolnirs suggestion), Fleets Landing down by the Cruise Port, and Poe's in Sullivan's Island. May need to find one or two more.

Can't wait. 

Users who are viewing this thread