What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gold Rush: Alaska (2 Viewers)

Haven't watched since Todd tore down his wash plant and then called to see if the new one wsa ready. Nobody is that stupid. Manufactured drama. Lost all interest.

Some people in this world should not have money and I think that they all got rounded up and thrown into Alaska for these two shows. The only ones I have the least bit of respect for are the father son combo on the Christine Rose with the massive dredge.

Well Todd is finally into the gold. Wonder what the real deal is on the turbo trommel...hopefully he got a money back guarantee.

Well Todd is finally into the gold. Wonder what the real deal is on the turbo trommel...hopefully he got a money back guarantee.
The problem with the trommel is that there was no way to fix it and have it operation this season. I assume that they can get it fixed before the next one.Also, agree with the above, he is a bumble headed moron. You just have to wonder how much they do to make bad things happen.

They should kick Todd off the show and let Turin run things. Todd is an ###clown.
True, but in all fairness, they'd never be anywhere near the payouts they're at the past 2 weeks if it wasn't for Todd setting the pace. Turin is smart and conservative while Todd is an aggressive dope.

Did they murder that Turbo Trommel guy? I probably would have. Shows up months late, trommel doesn't work, instructs Todd to dig already mined ground, fixes motor and then the trommel just falls apart.Todd's head is full of rocks.

:lmao: :lmao: @ the Todd hate and I'm in. The guy is an idiot. He does the opposite of every smart move, taking all the credit for being aggressive, then when everything goes wrong "we" messed up. What a bag of #####.

When the camera crew falls asleep, Dave should kill the Hoffmans and bury their bodies in the jungle. Blame it on a chupacabra or something.

Doesn't seem like many watch this anymore. I still have it recording, so I'll watch it when there is nothing else on (I tend to work after kids are in bed).

Does anyone think now that Todd's team is intentionally setting out to sabotage themselves? I mean grandpa wiping out the diamond catcher moving a tree and then having to get sent away because they managed to mine $1500 worth of crap diamonds and gold in months of work. They found so many spots with good gold that I don't get how they could end up with so little. It just seems like every episode there is another disaster, like clockwork.

Doesn't seem like many watch this anymore. I still have it recording, so I'll watch it when there is nothing else on (I tend to work after kids are in bed).

Does anyone think now that Todd's team is intentionally setting out to sabotage themselves? I mean grandpa wiping out the diamond catcher moving a tree and then having to get sent away because they managed to mine $1500 worth of crap diamonds and gold in months of work. They found so many spots with good gold that I don't get how they could end up with so little. It just seems like every episode there is another disaster, like clockwork.
It's laughable how stupid Todd is. At first I felt bad for him now I find it comical.

I still watch and enjoy the show.

I think they were screwing up something with the gold capture process. I don't think their big wash plant was the right choice to wash and capture the gold. Mud/sand is way different then the pay they were washing in the Klondike.

It's laughable how stupid Todd is. At first I felt bad for him now I find it comical.
Agreed but its also amazing how successful he is for someone that stupid.

has there been any information about how much the teams get paid by Discovery?

I feel like Discovery covers the cost of a lot of things on the show so that way they can continue to have the show. As much money Todd lost this season, I find it hard to believe he would be able to be back next season if Discovery wasn't covering a lot of the cost.

I still like this show and agree with a lot of the sentiment here.

Why would Todd's crew keep mining those tiny yellow diamonds without understanding their value? Todd's a complete idiot.

I still like this show and agree with a lot of the sentiment here.

Why would Todd's crew keep mining those tiny yellow diamonds without understanding their value? Todd's a complete idiot.
I just had to laugh when it was finally revealed the diamonds worth. The team's reaction was priceless :lol:

and agree - you think that guy and his son that helped them capture the diamonds would have an idea of their value

i still watch. it's an awesome trainwreck. todd is painful to watch. i'd be interested to know what discovery pays them too.

I quit watching for a while but what was Todd's motivation to go to the jungle? Did he burn every bridge in Alaska or did he really think he could strike it rich down there or did the Discovery channel offer him big bucks to do it? I'm guessing it has to be the later. Completely different mining in horrible conditions...I can't imagine Todd being that stupid or that egotistical to think he could pull it off especially since they were fairly successful last year in the klondike.

I quit watching for a while but what was Todd's motivation to go to the jungle? Did he burn every bridge in Alaska or did he really think he could strike it rich down there or did the Discovery channel offer him big bucks to do it? I'm guessing it has to be the later. Completely different mining in horrible conditions...I can't imagine Todd being that stupid or that egotistical to think he could pull it off especially since they were fairly successful last year in the klondike.
Are you sure you ever watched the show?

Seriously though, yes I would think Discovery had a lot to do with the move to the jungle. They needed something to spice things up. I would think they probably bankrolled all the Cahoon creek nonsense too.

Are you sure you ever watched the show?

Seriously though, yes I would think Discovery had a lot to do with the move to the jungle. They needed something to spice things up. I would think they probably bankrolled all the Cahoon creek nonsense too.
I agree with this. There was no way Todd and his crew would leave the klondike considering how well they did last year even with all the screw ups. This is about discovery wanting to mix things up to keep it interesting. I personally hated the jungle angle. I watched to see how Parker and the Dakota boys were doing.

I also am still watching. When they pan on the globe to South America I get mad. Parker and the Dakota boys are way more interesting and more fun to follow. It's funny that Fred made a full circle in the series. He was the hated villain after taking Porcupine Creek out from under Todd, but now he is the voice of reason and you can tell he cares about his crew.

I also am still watching. When they pan on the globe to South America I get mad. Parker and the Dakota boys are way more interesting and more fun to follow. It's funny that Fred made a full circle in the series. He was the hated villain after taking Porcupine Creek out from under Todd, but now he is the voice of reason and you can tell he cares about his crew.
I was just thinking the same thing. Didn't really like Dakota Fred, mostly due to the way they presented him as having kinda stolen Porcupine from the Hoffmans. Now he's one of my favorites. That guy is a hand. The idler wheel assembly he fabricated for the excavator last season was :tebow: .

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Discovery wants one of the crews to hit a jackpot which is why they push them to these crazy places. I'm just not sure those types of places exist anymore. My guess is all the easy gold is gone at this point and just mining the #### out of some decent ground is the way to go.

Todd's head is full of rocks but even he wouldn't have gone down to South America on a prayer without some prodding.

My son is a huge fan of this show. He created a LEGO movie of the scene where Jack destroys the washplant in the jungle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB6ORWcCvCA

He did it for fun, but then Discovery is running a contest and you can share video/pics to try and win. He posted it to Gold Rush's facebook page and they then posted it directly on their page as well. Pretty cool. If you're a fan, thought you might enjoy it.

rick6668 - Awesome. Love how the actual audio was voiced over. Great job!
Thanks, credit to my son though, I helped him, but he recorded the audio on his phone and then pulled it into the movie maker.

If you've watched the original episode, it's really cool to see the lego version. I think if he did it again, he could probably get the camera and lighting better on the shots to reduce a couple of scenes where it jumps a little.

My son is a huge fan of this show. He created a LEGO movie of the scene where Jack destroys the washplant in the jungle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB6ORWcCvCA

He did it for fun, but then Discovery is running a contest and you can share video/pics to try and win. He posted it to Gold Rush's facebook page and they then posted it directly on their page as well. Pretty cool. If you're a fan, thought you might enjoy it.
Wow! We won this week's contest. 1 in 8 chance of winning a trip to be on The Dirt. Pretty Cool.

https://www.facebook.com/GoldRush

rick6668 said:

We that is awesome! What is the prize package? Also Parker Schnabel went from looking about 14 to 40 in like 6 months.

They asked for a shirt size, so at least that, not sure what else.

It'd be really cool for my son if we won. He loves this show.

Parker is looking at lot older, you are right.

Package arrived today. He got a T-Shirt, a Gold Rush mug and a Magnet for the Fridge. He thought it was cool.

The premier for Season 5 is tonight. The Pre show called "The Dirt" was on at 8pm EST tonight.

They actually showed a clip of his lego video in the show tonight!!!!

Very Cool!

i watch this show sometimes just so that i can remember what it was like working on projects with my old man we would just basically fight the whole time and our other relatives working with us would laugh at us sounds stupid but those are actually good memories for me take that to the bank brochachos 

Users who are viewing this thread