What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gotta love William Henderson (1 Viewer)

bcr8f

Footballguy
He said(on NFL Live) the fans should boo Favre. He would. He said Brett doesn't understand the fans.

Let me add he doesn't understand loyalty either.

He said(on NFL Live) the fans should boo Favre. He would. He said Brett doesn't understand the fans.Let me add he doesn't understand loyalty either.
I have to agree. William Henderson doesn't understand loyalty. Thanks for being the Packer fan to stand up for Brett.

Serious question: Are Packer fans getting any actual work done this week? :blackdot:

Seems like everywhere I turn, it's "Favre this" and "I don't care about Favre that." Maybe that just makes me a bad Vikings/football fan, but I had no idea who was next on the Purple's schedule after the Steelers game until like 7-8 hours later after they mentioned something about it on ESPN.

Geez. It's just football, people!

He said(on NFL Live) the fans should boo Favre. He would. He said Brett doesn't understand the fans.Let me add he doesn't understand loyalty either.
I have to agree. William Henderson doesn't understand loyalty. Thanks for being the Packer fan to stand up for Brett.
He also mentioned the Vikings would never win a title.

He also mentioned the Vikings would never win a title.
Sounds like Bitter Betty to me, like most Packer fans. That's ok, at least he fits in.

Manster said:
bcr8f said:
loyalty is a two way street
I'll reopen the can of worms, the Packers seemed to be loyal to Brett until he retired and unretired when they had their new starting QB lined up. Tough decision was made but one that was probably right. FWIW I don't think Brett was unloyal to the Pack either and aside from appearing to change his mind too often, he hasn't done anything wrong either. When my Jayhawks lost Roy Williams to UNC, that is a better example of a person being unloyal to a team. I didn't and don't hold it against him either, but some fans take this stuff way too far. ETA: and when he won a championship, many Jayhawk fans actually cheered for him. When we won ours, he returned the favor. There's no reason for ill-feelings here, he was a major reason for your success and the Packers organization helped to make Favre one of the elite. If you can't cheer for him now, move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no reason for ill-feelings here, he was a major reason for your success and the Packers organization helped to make Favre one of the elite. If you can't cheer for him now, move on.
:lmao: You do realize that Favre will be playing with a divisional rival against the Packers this week, correct?The time to cheer for Brett Favre was in the past (and someday in the future when he returns to Lambeau to have his #4 retired) but the time to cheer him certainly isn't on Sunday. On that day he's just the opposing team's starting quarterback and should be treated as such.

Manster said:
bcr8f said:
I'll reopen the can of worms, the Packers seemed to be loyal to Brett until he retired and unretired when they had their new starting QB lined up. Tough decision was made but one that was probably right. FWIW I don't think Brett was unloyal to the Pack either and aside from appearing to change his mind too often, he hasn't done anything wrong either. When my Jayhawks lost Roy Williams to UNC, that is a better example of a person being unloyal to a team. I didn't and don't hold it against him either, but some fans take this stuff way too far. ETA: and when he won a championship, many Jayhawk fans actually cheered for him. When we won ours, he returned the favor. There's no reason for ill-feelings here, he was a major reason for your success and the Packers organization helped to make Favre one of the elite. If you can't cheer for him now, move on.
your example is a little off ... think of it more like this: Roy Williams after every season for 5 straight seasons threatens to leave. He waits until the last possible moment then decides to force his way out because the school already found a replacement and financially couldn't afford to bring him back.I can't stand how both Favre and Thompson take every chance they can to attack one another ... worst of all they both use the fan base as their stepping stone. I am content with the departure because it was time for a split but it would have been nice if it could have been done in a more amicable fashion.

As a Packer fan that has rooted for the team since Lynn Dickey, I am plan to boo Favre all day long. I just wish I could afford the $800/apiece for tickets.

Favre may have been the salvation for my team in the 90's, but he's turned into Judas/Benedict Arnold. There are 30 other teams in the NFL to go to. He could have probably taken the Jets to the playoffs this year had he stuck with them. How could I possible be indifferent or even cheer for him playing against the team I despise the most?

As a Packer fan that has rooted for the team since Lynn Dickey, I am plan to boo Favre all day long. I just wish I could afford the $800/apiece for tickets.

Favre may have been the salvation for my team in the 90's, but he's turned into Judas/Benedict Arnold. There are 30 other teams in the NFL to go to. He could have probably taken the Jets to the playoffs this year had he stuck with them. How could I possible be indifferent or even cheer for him playing against the team I despise the most?
Would have been interesting to see what he could have done with the 13-3 team he was on in 07.

There's no reason for ill-feelings here, he was a major reason for your success and the Packers organization helped to make Favre one of the elite. If you can't cheer for him now, move on.
:shrug: You do realize that Favre will be playing with a divisional rival against the Packers this week, correct?The time to cheer for Brett Favre was in the past (and someday in the future when he returns to Lambeau to have his #4 retired) but the time to cheer him certainly isn't on Sunday. On that day he's just the opposing team's starting quarterback and should be treated as such.
Then move on and obviously you'll cheer against the team your team is facing.My post came out wrong, but my point is simple. Favre led your team for a long time with success. The bitter fans are acting like scorned lovers and I just don't see it that way. As a Viking, you're right, Packers fan can't cheer for Favre now, but they certainly can move on as can the rest of us.

Manster said:
bcr8f said:
He said(on NFL Live) the fans should boo Favre. He would. He said Brett doesn't understand the fans.

Let me add he doesn't understand loyalty either.
your example is a little off ... think of it more like this: Roy Williams after every season for 5 straight seasons threatens to leave. He waits until the last possible moment then decides to force his way out because the school already found a replacement and financially couldn't afford to bring him back.I can't stand how both Favre and Thompson take every chance they can to attack one another ... worst of all they both use the fan base as their stepping stone. I am content with the departure because it was time for a split but it would have been nice if it could have been done in a more amicable fashion.
That's not how I remember it.

exaggerate much? After he retired this off-season (and I do understand the frustration there), where else gave him a better or as good a chance to go to the Super Bowl? I don't recall the Jets even wanting him back, then from the teams that needed a QB - Cleveland?, Oakland?, Tampa Bay? San Fran? a few others maybe, but Minnesota was the best place for him to go. Maybe the division was the reason he went to Minnesota but more likely it's the chance to win it all.

Shoot, if I were a Packers fan, I'd be booing the heck out of Favre. Loyalty or not, it doesn't matter. He's in purple now. He's a divisional rival. 'Nuff said.

What annoyed me about the whole thing was the year after year of "Is Favre going to retire?" and Favre taking his sweet ol' time in deciding each year. Then he gets mad when the Packers finally get tired of it and pull the trigger on their young QB they drafted and sat behind Favre for... 3 years?

He plays for a divisional rival, he's not going to be welcome back with open arms when he's trying to beat the Packers on their home field.

I dont even understand how that is being questioned. Take your star player on your team (a player that is pretty established) and take Favre's story and replace it with that player. Youre not going to be cheering for him.

And for the other 14 games of the year when the Vikings arent playing the Packers, I'm still not cheering for Favre. You know why? Cause he doesnt play for the Packers and every win for the Vikings hurts the Packers.

The ill will and spite towards Favre is not 100% warranted but there's no way you can say it doesnt make any sense to you (unless you werent paying attention the last six years). The only fans I dont have any contempt for are the ones who want to dismiss all the great things Favre did as a Packer, that's incredulous to say the least. I wont dwell on those times though right now because he's not a Packer, he's a Viking...the opponent.

Would have been interesting to see what he could have done with the 13-3 team he was on in 07.
We saw what happened. He gave up in the playoffs and gave the game away. It was just too cold for him.

:confused: You do realize that Favre will be playing with a divisional rival against the Packers this week, correct?The time to cheer for Brett Favre was in the past (and someday in the future when he returns to Lambeau to have his #4 retired) but the time to cheer him certainly isn't on Sunday. On that day he's just the opposing team's starting quarterback and should be treated as such.
Then move on and obviously you'll cheer against the team your team is facing.My post came out wrong, but my point is simple. Favre led your team for a long time with success. The bitter fans are acting like scorned lovers and I just don't see it that way. As a Viking, you're right, Packers fan can't cheer for Favre now, but they certainly can move on as can the rest of us.
"It's kinda hard to 'be the ball' with you talking""Ok, I'm not talking....."

A lot of Packer fans have "moved on" quite well in their daily lives. And then we go to ESPN -- or even the Shark Pool -- and this topic is constantly being rehashed. Or the obnoxious Vikings fans come in here with misinformation just to stir the pot. It's like being a former smoker who works in a bowling alley.

Anyway, trader jake was spot on. Favre is the opposing QB. He won't get my cheers, just like any Viking.

bcr8f said:
apparently he doesn't understand the Queen's English, either.. he can hack a sentence with the best of them, Emmitt included... :thumbup: even Bruschi can't speak english :bye:

datonn said:
Serious question: Are Packer fans getting any actual work done this week? :bye:

Seems like everywhere I turn, it's "Favre this" and "I don't care about Favre that." Maybe that just makes me a bad Vikings/football fan, but I had no idea who was next on the Purple's schedule after the Steelers game until like 7-8 hours later after they mentioned something about it on ESPN.

Geez. It's just football, people!
What a tremendous load of crap this is! :thumbup: Since I teach my own son not to boo or heckle the other team, but cheer for your's, that's what I'll be doing. I'm looking forward to this game because it's huge for the Pack. A win and the division is tied.

I've cut ties with Favre. He's shown his true colors the last few years. Go Pack!

ETA: I've got to admit though that the "We'll miss you Brent" t-shirts crack me up.

Manster said:
bcr8f said:
I was loyal to him even when he called the Lions and gave them offensive secrets right after the trade.I stopped when he lied to the Jets saying he was retiring while faxing medical documents to the Vikings the very next day.When you lie and cheat to play for the one team that hurts the fans the most anyone can see who has loyalty and who doesn't.

why dont you guys just cheer him as a thank you for all the great years in pregame warmups and then boo the hell out of him during the game?

He gave you packers fans alot of great years.

why dont you guys just cheer him as a thank you for all the great years in pregame warmups and then boo the hell out of him during the game?He gave you packers fans alot of great years.
I know a local Packer fan that wants this to happen but knows that it won't. I have to admit that if I were on the other side of the fence I might have the same feelings.Green Bay renamed Minnesota Ave to Rodgers Rd (or whatever) for the week. What do they do if the Vikes win? Rename Lambeau Field to Favre Field for a week? Only seems fair... :popcorn:

why dont you guys just cheer him as a thank you for all the great years in pregame warmups and then boo the hell out of him during the game?He gave you packers fans alot of great years.
I know a local Packer fan that wants this to happen but knows that it won't. I have to admit that if I were on the other side of the fence I might have the same feelings.Green Bay renamed Minnesota Ave to Rodgers Rd (or whatever) for the week. What do they do if the Vikes win? Rename Lambeau Field to Favre Field for a week? Only seems fair... :popcorn:
could have been stuck with guys like jay schroeder, cade mcnown, and jay feely for all those years. He helped put GB football back on the map- not sure what there is to be mad about that.

As a Packer fan that has rooted for the team since Lynn Dickey, I am plan to boo Favre all day long. I just wish I could afford the $800/apiece for tickets. Favre may have been the salvation for my team in the 90's, but he's turned into Judas/Benedict Arnold. There are 30 other teams in the NFL to go to. He could have probably taken the Jets to the playoffs this year had he stuck with them. How could I possible be indifferent or even cheer for him playing against the team I despise the most?
you'd be ok with him playing for detroit or chicago then?

I know a local Packer fan that wants this to happen but knows that it won't. I have to admit that if I were on the other side of the fence I might have the same feelings.Green Bay renamed Minnesota Ave to Rodgers Rd (or whatever) for the week. What do they do if the Vikes win? Rename Lambeau Field to Favre Field for a week? Only seems fair... :(
could have been stuck with guys like jay schroeder, cade mcnown, and jay feely for all those years. He helped put GB football back on the map- not sure what there is to be mad about that.
I didn't say it was rational, just that it was understandable. There are so many other things about Packer fans that are beyond comprehension that this is actually small potatoes. :thumbup:

Because he doesnt play for the Packers anymore? Because he's playing for the other side of the sidelines and is trying to beat the Packers? When he's finally retired and he comes back to Lambeau, I'll cheer for him, but why do it now when his main intention is to win a Super Bowl with the Vikings.

Why would the home crowd want him to feel good at any point on Sunday? The whole point (for me) is to rattle him. He's an emotional guy. I want to put him off his game. Winning the game is the most important thing. I expect to have sore vocal cords on Monday.

datonn said:
Serious question: Are Packer fans getting any actual work done this week? :(Seems like everywhere I turn, it's "Favre this" and "I don't care about Favre that." Maybe that just makes me a bad Vikings/football fan, but I had no idea who was next on the Purple's schedule after the Steelers game until like 7-8 hours later after they mentioned something about it on ESPN.Geez. It's just football, people!
this is why Green Bay has won 12 championships and Minnesota has won 0...

datonn said:
Serious question: Are Packer fans getting any actual work done this week? :excited:Seems like everywhere I turn, it's "Favre this" and "I don't care about Favre that." Maybe that just makes me a bad Vikings/football fan, but I had no idea who was next on the Purple's schedule after the Steelers game until like 7-8 hours later after they mentioned something about it on ESPN.Geez. It's just football, people!
The Vikings are no longer the biggest loser they've only lost 4. They can't get back to lose any more a brilliant strategy in my opinion. :thumbup:

We saw what happened. He gave up in the playoffs and gave the game away. It was just too cold for him.
You really have some serious issues to deal with. We all know you don't like Favre but comments like this make you look very foolish.

datonn said:
Serious question: Are Packer fans getting any actual work done this week? :popcorn:Seems like everywhere I turn, it's "Favre this" and "I don't care about Favre that." Maybe that just makes me a bad Vikings/football fan, but I had no idea who was next on the Purple's schedule after the Steelers game until like 7-8 hours later after they mentioned something about it on ESPN.Geez. It's just football, people!
No it isn't

datonn said:
Serious question: Are Packer fans getting any actual work done this week? :shrug:Seems like everywhere I turn, it's "Favre this" and "I don't care about Favre that." Maybe that just makes me a bad Vikings/football fan, but I had no idea who was next on the Purple's schedule after the Steelers game until like 7-8 hours later after they mentioned something about it on ESPN.Geez. It's just football, people!
No it isn't
You are correct. That is not the reason why. It's because the viqueens suck year after, after year, after year... Even when they "appear" to be good they really suck and then blow it all at the end. Kind of what is going to happen this year. :lmao:

datonn said:
Serious question: Are Packer fans getting any actual work done this week? :shrug:Seems like everywhere I turn, it's "Favre this" and "I don't care about Favre that." Maybe that just makes me a bad Vikings/football fan, but I had no idea who was next on the Purple's schedule after the Steelers game until like 7-8 hours later after they mentioned something about it on ESPN.Geez. It's just football, people!
No it isn't
Are you sure?

You really have some serious issues to deal with. We all know you don't like Favre but comments like this make you look very foolish.
:goodposting: How'd Rodgers do in the playoffs last year?

datonn said:
Serious question: Are Packer fans getting any actual work done this week? :goodposting:Seems like everywhere I turn, it's "Favre this" and "I don't care about Favre that." Maybe that just makes me a bad Vikings/football fan, but I had no idea who was next on the Purple's schedule after the Steelers game until like 7-8 hours later after they mentioned something about it on ESPN.Geez. It's just football, people!
No it isn't
Are you sure?
:yes:

Who let these Vikings and Lions fans in here anyway? Start your own threads. :mellow:

This was originally about booing Favre when he got on the field to let him know there were 30 teams he could have played for but was determined to play for the one that hurt hisn fans the most.

He'll be cheered later in the game (like when Woodson returns one for a touchdown) but he should be told what a tool he is.

henderson was on local radio here today. It was a great interview and he summed it up perfectly.

He said he loves Brett. Favre was his QB for 12 years, but the Packers were the only organization he ever played for and that he bleeds green and gold. Said he wouldnt be booing the man, but would be booing the team that was trying to beat his beloved packers.

He said when Brett retires and returns to Lambeau he will be cheered and appreciated for the great player he was and what he meant to the club, just not this Sunday.

datonn said:
Serious question: Are Packer fans getting any actual work done this week? :lmao:Seems like everywhere I turn, it's "Favre this" and "I don't care about Favre that." Maybe that just makes me a bad Vikings/football fan, but I had no idea who was next on the Purple's schedule after the Steelers game until like 7-8 hours later after they mentioned something about it on ESPN.Geez. It's just football, people!
Now that's funny! :) The Packers have won one championship since I've been alive (I'm pushing 40), the Vikings have been to and lost four Super Bowls during that same period (not sure if I'd rather be 1-1 or 0-4), but because one fan doesn't have the entire schedule memorized, the Vikings franchise is doomed to mediocrity...even after they "move to L.A." I had no idea of the power I wield!!! :shrug:I'm a fan of the Vikings, and I'm a fan of fantasy football. Outside of that, I really don't care. Well, I kinda care, as I do enjoy football. However, next to my job, my kids, my friends, my family, it just doesn't rank nearly as high. That's a BAD thing, though?! :shrug:

datonn said:
Serious question: Are Packer fans getting any actual work done this week? :thumbup:Seems like everywhere I turn, it's "Favre this" and "I don't care about Favre that." Maybe that just makes me a bad Vikings/football fan, but I had no idea who was next on the Purple's schedule after the Steelers game until like 7-8 hours later after they mentioned something about it on ESPN.Geez. It's just football, people!
No it isn't
Are you sure?
:lmao:
:blackdot:

henderson was on local radio here today. It was a great interview and he summed it up perfectly.He said he loves Brett. Favre was his QB for 12 years, but the Packers were the only organization he ever played for and that he bleeds green and gold. Said he wouldnt be booing the man, but would be booing the team that was trying to beat his beloved packers. He said when Brett retires and returns to Lambeau he will be cheered and appreciated for the great player he was and what he meant to the club, just not this Sunday.
This was on the Jim Rome show today....and after hearing his rationale I would hope to not hear any cheers. I couldn't see anybody rooting for Riggins in Washington with a star on his head. Now if Snyder bought out Jerry............

I am a Packer fan, and while I hope the packers win, I still hope Favre is able to do well in every other game the Vikings play this year.

I just try to look at it realistically. The Packers have no shot in the postseason because of our horrible offensive line, and penalties that kill us. Personally, I think the Packers will never be an elite team while Thompson is running the show. Meanwhile, the Vikings look like they have a legitimate shot to contend this year. So, I would like for Favre to be able to get another superbowl win.

datonn said:
Now that's funny! :) The Packers have won one championship since I've been alive (I'm pushing 40), the Vikings have been to and lost four Super Bowls during that same period (not sure if I'd rather be 1-1 or 0-4), but because one fan doesn't have the entire schedule memorized, the Vikings franchise is doomed to mediocrity...even after they "move to L.A." I had no idea of the power I wield!!! :tinfoilhat:I'm a fan of the Vikings, and I'm a fan of fantasy football. Outside of that, I really don't care. Well, I kinda care, as I do enjoy football. However, next to my job, my kids, my friends, my family, it just doesn't rank nearly as high. That's a BAD thing, though?! :shrug:
Pretty sure I'd prefer being a champion rather than a 4 time loser.

Okay, let's both take off our :tinfoilhat: hats for a couple minutes and try a hypothetical. You're a lifelong fan of the Buffalo Bills. I'm a lifelong fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You've got some incredible, fond memories from the days of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed, but your team has never won a Super Bowl (0-4). My team has only made it to the Super Bowl once in my lifetime, but they got the win (Super Bowl 37, 1-0). Neither team is much to write home about now. So we're both bored and disappointed, as our teams are going nowhere fast in 2009, so we start to recount all the memories from years past.Here's my question: Your Bills have been to four Super Bowls and lost. Would you trade those four appearances for one appearance in 2003 and a win?

Personally, my answer would be no. The Bills OWNED the AFC from 1990-1993. If I were a Bills fan, those were great times! Never ended the season with a win, but pretty special times nonetheless...and I wouldn't trade it for much of anything.

Okay, let's both take off our :tinfoilhat: hats for a couple minutes and try a hypothetical. You're a lifelong fan of the Buffalo Bills. I'm a lifelong fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You've got some incredible, fond memories from the days of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed, but your team has never won a Super Bowl (0-4). My team has only made it to the Super Bowl once in my lifetime, but they got the win (Super Bowl 37, 1-0). Neither team is much to write home about now. So we're both bored and disappointed, as our teams are going nowhere fast in 2009, so we start to recount all the memories from years past.Here's my question: Your Bills have been to four Super Bowls and lost. Would you trade those four appearances for one appearance in 2003 and a win?

Personally, my answer would be no. The Bills OWNED the AFC from 1990-1993. If I were a Bills fan, those were great times! Never ended the season with a win, but pretty special times nonetheless...and I wouldn't trade it for much of anything.
That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read. You're basically saying you'd rather be a loser than a winner. Just keep in mind that nobody remembers 2nd place except, of course, the people who came in 2nd place.

That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read. You're basically saying you'd rather be a loser than a winner. Just keep in mind that nobody remembers 2nd place except, of course, the people who came in 2nd place.
Wow...even dumber than my previous posting where you said "has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read" and then deleted your response? Man, I'm on a ROLL! :lmao:Guess we'll mark you down as a vote for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers then. Anybody else? Bucs...or Bills?

Okay, let's both take off our :lmao: hats for a couple minutes and try a hypothetical. You're a lifelong fan of the Buffalo Bills. I'm a lifelong fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You've got some incredible, fond memories from the days of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed, but your team has never won a Super Bowl (0-4). My team has only made it to the Super Bowl once in my lifetime, but they got the win (Super Bowl 37, 1-0). Neither team is much to write home about now. So we're both bored and disappointed, as our teams are going nowhere fast in 2009, so we start to recount all the memories from years past.Here's my question: Your Bills have been to four Super Bowls and lost. Would you trade those four appearances for one appearance in 2003 and a win?

LOL. What do you think Dan Marino would say to that question?

Users who are viewing this thread