What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greg Jennings (1 Viewer)

Skeetcher

Footballguy
I noticed FBGs hadn't included Greg Jennings on their WR rankings for this weekend.

I checked Rotoworld and their latest is;

'Packers coach Mike McCarthy says Greg Jennings "should be fine" after spraining his shoulder in the team's first loss Sunday night"

X-rays came back negative during the game and Jennings returned late. He remains likely to miss some practice time, but should face the Redskins.'

Is this the current situation or did I miss some late breaking news :rolleyes:

I find it odd that he's likely to play in week #6 and was left off the rankings while Santana Moss, who I think will likely sit again this week is on the list. Jennings came back after being out in week #5 so he'll suit up for week #6.

WR Greg Jennings suffered a sprained shoulder Sunday. Coach Mike McCarthy didn't consider the injury to be serious, though he probably will hold Jennings out until late in the practice week.

I find it odd that he's likely to play in week #6 and was left off the rankings while Santana Moss, who I think will likely sit again this week is on the list. Jennings came back after being out in week #5 so he'll suit up for week #6.
Moss has been cleared to practice today, so there's a decent chance he'll play this week. He said he felt good during pregame warmups last week, but didn't want to push it like he's done previously in his career.

I think Jennings has a shot to put up some very impressive numbers this year, much like Evans did last year--with staying healthy the biggest wild card obv.

Jones is continually putting the balll on the carpet, so I think Jennings is going to see even more PT. At least the previous injury looks good.

Hey Guys,

Yes, we just want to see how he practices this week. This is a prime illustration of how ridiculous trying to project the players on Tuesday can be. We're basically projecting guys blind in many cases. We want to see how he works this week.

J

Jones is continually putting the balll on the carpet, so I think Jennings is going to see even more PT. At least the previous injury looks good.
The only time Jennings was not on the field was when he was hurt. His PT has always been secure. In formation he is GB's WR2. Jones does not "continually" fumble. He had a problem last game. That is all. The WRs are above average in GB and Favre is having a terrific year.

The only time Jennings was not on the field was when he was hurt. His PT has always been secure. In formation he is GB's WR2. Jones does not "continually" fumble. He had a problem last game. That is all. The WRs are above average in GB and Favre is having a terrific year.
Favre has been noticeably critical of Jones' route running as well- it's led to a couple INTs where he didn't run the route he was clearly expected to run.

Hey Guys,Yes, we just want to see how he practices this week. This is a prime illustration of how ridiculous trying to project the players on Tuesday can be. We're basically projecting guys blind in many cases. We want to see how he works this week.J
Fair but when the bias is that he will play (injured in game but came back; no alarming coach-speak; etc) ya gotta put him in your prelim numbers.Z

"Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers WR Greg Jennings (hamstring, shoulder) did not participate in practice Wednesday, Oct. 10. His status for Week 6 is uncertain. Jennings' shoulder injury is more of a concern than his hamstring injury. "

Okay this injury report is confusing. Jennings came back and played after injuring his shoulder last game. But this injury is more of a concern than his hamstring injury which caused him to miss two games???

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a case where I thought I read he was more seriously hurt on Monday. He has been included now in the updated projections/rankings.

Users who are viewing this thread