What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gronk's return should benefit Tom Brady, right? (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
I am a Tom Brady owner in two-leagues and to put it bluntly I have been very disappointed with the Fantasy Production he's given me. However, I feel that with Gronkowski back in the line-up Brady should on average throw for at least an extra Touchdown each week down the stretch?

Gronkowski can probably manage to score 10+ Touchdowns, he should open things up for other receivers. I am hopeful that we see Tom Brady averaging 20+ Fantasy Points each week in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I'm pretty sure this is a bad thing. Sudfeld has been carrying Brady all year. Putting a hobbled Gronk in there is going to hamper his totals.

He might turn it around in a few weeks when him and Gronk are back on the same page and maybe Amendola's back but the biggest problem, and I dont think its changing, is that they dont pass for TDs anymore.

They're more of a ball control offense now and even when Brady is playing well they still run it inside the 20 and especially the 10. They are going to regret letting Welker go in Brady's twilight years. I think Amendola's better but he can't stay healthy-ever-and the other guys arent good enough.

I should win this week despite him but it's Dalton from here on out until Brady starts putting up some substantial results and i see some passing touchdowns.

Last edited by a moderator:
He may want to throw the ball to the open WR instead of double and triple covered Gronk. He's not even looking around. It's stare at Gronk at the snap of the ball.

17 targets and a big loss. Yeah, great game plan.

He might turn it around in a few weeks when him and Gronk are back on the same page and maybe Amendola's back but the biggest problem, and I dont think its changing, is that they dont pass for TDs anymore.

They're more of a ball control offense now and even when Brady is playing well they still run it inside the 20 and especially the 10. They are going to regret letting Welker go in Brady's twilight years. I think Amendola's better but he can't stay healthy-ever-and the other guys arent good enough.

I should win this week despite him but it's Dalton from here on out until Brady starts putting up some substantial results and i see some passing touchdowns.
u may want to wait another week on dalton has to play NYJ next... u may see a similar stat line as bradys.

He may want to throw the ball to the open WR instead of double and triple covered Gronk. He's not even looking around. It's stare at Gronk at the snap of the ball.

Two negated targets for 19 total, he was first second and third targets after Dobson made several horrible drops. Gronk didn't look like he was no the same page as Brady either.

Two negated targets for 19 total, he was first second and third targets after Dobson made several horrible drops. Gronk didn't look like he was no the same page as Brady either.
Gronk looked like he was gassed and out of game shape. Hopefully a couple of weeks to get Gronk in shape and work on their chemistry, and both will be fantasy studs. That is if their owners are still in it.

Users who are viewing this thread