What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guillotine League Strategy (1 Viewer)

q
Actually can you pickup Michel? Should be a good start this week with all the carries.

Actually considering whether i should drop Henderson for Michel and start Michel over Barkley/Robinson/Conner. Not sure if I even need Henderson after this week or if I'd feel comfortable starting Henderson his first week back so maybe I will drop him.

Michel is available to me, not a bad idea. If I dropped a QB it would be Mahomes. I think.

@tigerzso it looks like Deebo is playing.  Do I trust him and go with it?  In that case, would you pick up Sony and start over Robinson?
For what it’s worth, I picked up michel and dropped Henderson. Currently not starting michel though. I don’t know he’s a sure thing. If rams get behind, he won’t feast. Last week was against jags who couldn’t dominate time of possession. I expect opposite for cards. 

I just don’t know how healthy deebo is. If he’s going to be limited I’d go with michel. But if they say he’ll get a full load then I’d go with deebo. Especially if Mitchell is out and deebo can get some runs in.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it’s worth, I picked up michel and dropped Henderson. Currently not starting michel though. I don’t know he’s a sure thing. If rams get behind, he won’t feast. Last week was against jags who couldn’t dominate time of possession. I expect opposite for cards. 

I just don’t know how healthy deebo is. If he’s going to be limited I’d go with michel. But if they say he’ll get a full load then I’d go with deebo. Especially if Mitchell is out and deebo can get some runs in.
Cool thanks.  Would you rather have Dillon or Michel the rest of the way?  Or which of my QBs would you drop to get Michel?

Cool thanks.  Would you rather have Dillon or Michel the rest of the way?  Or which of my QBs would you drop to get Michel?
Honestly. Michel and Dillon are in same situation. They are backup rbs who have got starter time so hard to tell who lead back is. I’d probably want both and hope one emerges as the clear lead back over playoffs. 

id probably drop a qb. I think Murray is most stable and I’d probably start him rest of way. Between hurts and mahomes. Honestly, mahomes has had some terrible games so I’d really feel scared starting him some weeks in playoffs. Isn’t his schedule bad? But not sure hurts schedule much better. It’s a toss up…

Honestly. Michel and Dillon are in same situation. They are backup rbs who have got starter time so hard to tell who lead back is. I’d probably want both and hope one emerges as the clear lead back over playoffs. 

id probably drop a qb. I think Murray is most stable and I’d probably start him rest of way. Between hurts and mahomes. Honestly, mahomes has had some terrible games so I’d really feel scared starting him some weeks in playoffs. Isn’t his schedule bad? But not sure hurts schedule much better. It’s a toss up…
Hurts has the #1 remaining schedule for QBs (WAS, NYG, WAS).  I don't think I'm starting either of them over Murray the rest of the way anyway, unless I start Mahomes today against LVR who he lit up last time.

UGH!!!

OMG f'n Robinson KILLED me today.  It shouldn't be close, but now I've got to sweat it out AGAIN on Monday Night.  Ugh!!!!!!!!

Team 1: 102.22 + D.Adams
Team 2: 101.74 + D.Montgomery
Me:           98.52 + Kupp

OMG f'n Robinson KILLED me today.  It shouldn't be close, but now I've got to sweat it out AGAIN on Monday Night.  Ugh!!!!!!!!

Team 1: 102.22 + D.Adams
Team 2: 101.74 + D.Montgomery
Me:           98.52 + Kupp
Dude, I didn't know you were playing robinson. I thought it was Deebo vs Michel.... I would have played Michel over Robinson for sure.. I had both sitting on my bench today but Michel was clearly higher.

Schutz killed me today. 1 reception for 4 yards WTF?

I got Cooper Kupp to go and 118.42 points

139 point is the threshold...
Another team has 90.80 + Rodgers + Hopkins
Last team has 85.10 + Kyler Murray + Aaron Jones + Montgomery

Between us 4. Projected points all around the 136 point range.

You and me both rooting for Kupp... Lets hope he saves us again. May buy his jersey if he wins me the ship in this league.

Dude, I didn't know you were playing robinson. I thought it was Deebo vs Michel.... I would have played Michel over Robinson for sure.. I had both sitting on my bench today but Michel was clearly higher.

You and me both rooting for Kupp... Lets hope he saves us again. May buy his jersey if he wins me the ship in this league.
Ahh thought you knew that.  I probably explained it poorly. 

Well, I guess if we gotta have one guy it might as well be the #1 ppg guy. 

Good luck to us!

Ahh thought you knew that.  I probably explained it poorly. 

Well, I guess if we gotta have one guy it might as well be the #1 ppg guy. 

Good luck to us!

Damn, sorry... you had a lot of moves this week so it was hard to keep track haha. Yeah, I totally sidestepped your question of Michel over Robinson. I thought it was Michel vs Deebo and then Michel vs Dillon. My bad. Had I caught that I would have said Michel over Robinson no doubt. Hopefully it doesn't matter for either of us. Good luck!

Also, this urban meyer stories I'm hearing are crazy. Next 2 weeks I was planning on starting Robinson... Still will if I have no choice, but  wish he would get fired prior to next week so you can start Robinson with confidence. Assuming we get there hopefully :-(.

Damn, sorry... you had a lot of moves this week so it was hard to keep track haha. Yeah, I totally sidestepped your question of Michel over Robinson. I thought it was Michel vs Deebo and then Michel vs Dillon. My bad. Had I caught that I would have said Michel over Robinson no doubt. Hopefully it doesn't matter for either of us. Good luck!

Also, this urban meyer stories I'm hearing are crazy. Next 2 weeks I was planning on starting Robinson... Still will if I have no choice, but  wish he would get fired prior to next week so you can start Robinson with confidence. Assuming we get there hopefully :-(.
If we get there, he's definitely out of my lineup.  I'll have Waddle coming back and hopefully Swift.

If we get there, he's definitely out of my lineup.  I'll have Waddle coming back and hopefully Swift.
Word this morning is swift is candidate for IR so I wouldn't count on getting him unfortunately... but waddle is always solid. kind of makes me wish i picked up hunter renfrow for pretty much free. Guys with so many receptions are really solid.

Well... That game sucked. My bears failed me again.

I'm now currently last in points.

120.70 + Kyler Murray
120.44 + Deandre Hopkins
118.42 + Cooper Kupp

Not securing Gronk cost me. Plus allowing Montgomery to go to the Kyler Murray team...

Don't think the Barkley call was too egregious and I couldn't help start Mixon... No way I could count on Chase getting 25.30 points either. Just came down to luck in the end.

Well... That game sucked. My bears failed me again.

I'm now currently last in points.

120.70 + Kyler Murray
120.44 + Deandre Hopkins
118.42 + Cooper Kupp

Not securing Gronk cost me. Plus allowing Montgomery to go to the Kyler Murray team...

Don't think the Barkley call was too egregious and I couldn't help start Mixon... No way I could count on Chase getting 25.30 points either.
  98.52 + Kupp (me)

Kupppppppp td we’re safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kuppppppppppppppppppppp
Thank you, Cooper Kupp!!!!!!

That was my 3rd near-death experience, tied for the league lead lol.

Gonna be really hard to finish ahead of the top 2 teams, but happy to still be able to roll the dice.

ETA: dropped Hurts and picked up Sony at the last minute, just in case I need another body later on.

Thank you, Cooper Kupp!!!!!!

That was my 3rd near-death experience, tied for the league lead lol.

Gonna be really hard to finish ahead of the top 2 teams, but happy to still be able to roll the dice.

ETA: dropped Hurts and picked up Sony at the last minute, just in case I need another body later on.
what’s your payout? You in the money yet?

Wish we would do that, even it was just get your money back.  But these guys always lean winner take all.

So... we still don't trust Robinson, right?
Against a team that allowed rashad penny 137 yards and two scores and no urban meyer to bench him? I’ll start him. But only after mixon, kamara, and Conner which means I may not need to start him.

Against a team that allowed rashad penny 137 yards and two scores and no urban meyer to bench him? I’ll start him. But only after mixon, kamara, and Conner which means I may not need to start him.
Here's my current squad:

QB - Murray, Mahomes
RB - Najee, Patterson, Swift, Robinson, Michel, Dillon
WR - Kupp, Deebo, Diggs, Waddle
TE - Gronk, Goedert

Maybe ahead of Diggs if Allen doesn't play?

Here's my current squad:

QB - Murray, Mahomes
RB - Najee, Patterson, Swift, Robinson, Michel, Dillon
WR - Kupp, Deebo, Diggs, Waddle
TE - Gronk, Goedert

Maybe ahead of Diggs if Allen doesn't play?
Possibly yeah. Hard to say how they will fair with truninsky. At least you’ll know if Robinson is startable next week against jets if you don’t play him

OMG I can't begin to tell the many ways that I got ####ed this weekend.

That said, I still have a shot.  Another Monday (Tuesday) night sweating it out.

him: 102.86
me:    78.58 + Kupp

zed2283 said:

That said, I still have a shot.  Another Monday (Tuesday) night sweating it out.

LOL, if there was still elimination I would be out. Brady ####ting the bed hurt. Also Kamara / Mixon.

LOL, if there was still elimination I would be out. Brady ####ting the bed hurt. Also Kamara / Mixon.
Freaking K.Murray, I hate that runt.  I left Mahomes on the bench for him.

Najee getting to the 1 foot line on first down, followed by TWO Big Ben sneaks for the score, his first in years.

Patterson had a TD called back when no angle they showed on TV supported overturning it.

The guy I'm chasing has Taylor.  Held in check all game until the last two minutes while running out the clock.

Gronk dropped at least three passes, one might have been a TD.

zed2283 said:

Turn of events, there's another guy in the picture.  I didn't include him because he had Renfrow and Cook going yesterday and I didn't figure they'd be so bad too.

him:  102.86
me:     78.58 + Kupp
other: 67.80 + Stafford

"Him" is one of the top 2 teams, so I'm hoping that both of us can pass him tonight and knock him out.

Turn of events, there's another guy in the picture.  I didn't include him because he had Renfrow and Cook going yesterday and I didn't figure they'd be so bad too.

him:  102.86
me:     78.58 + Kupp
other: 67.80 + Stafford

"Him" is one of the top 2 teams, so I'm hoping that both of us can pass him tonight and knock him out.
kupp came through again. arent you glad you went all in on him? totally the best player of the year.

Murray or Mahomes?  I think we'll know about Kelce and Hill by 4pm Saturday.

I feel extremely nervous about Najee now too.  Not sure about Diggs this weekend.  Do I plug in Waddle for one of them?

Gotta leave Gronk in, right?

QB - Murray, Mahomes
RB - Najee, Patterson, Swift, Robinson, Michel, Dillon
WR - Kupp, Deebo, Diggs, Waddle
TE - Gronk, Goedert

zed2283 said:
Murray or Mahomes?  I think we'll know about Kelce and Hill by 4pm Saturday.

I feel extremely nervous about Najee now too.  Not sure about Diggs this weekend.  Do I plug in Waddle for one of them?

Gotta leave Gronk in, right?

QB - Murray, Mahomes
RB - Najee, Patterson, Swift, Robinson, Michel, Dillon
WR - Kupp, Deebo, Diggs, Waddle
TE - Gronk, Goedert

Honestly if swift was back this week I'd start him vs Atlanta. Atlanta is so soft. Didn't diggs have a decent floor game considering it was day after tomorrow blizzard weather last time? Or is there another reason you are worried about him? 

Haven't been following steelers as much but I'd think Najee still has volume and KC wasn't a tough matchup? Honestly with COVID and injuries, most RBs suck this year. I have Kamara and Mixon and I don't feel comfortable about either.

Kamara / Mixon / Barkley / Michel / Robinson / Conner... Think I'm rolling with Kamara and Robinson. Sad that none of them are good. I really would have been better off if I got Hill / Montgomery / Gronk over Mixon.

I think Gronk is still reliable but haven't been following Goedert. Got to think its just him and AJ Brown so both will feast.

Honestly if swift was back this week I'd start him vs Atlanta. Atlanta is so soft. Didn't diggs have a decent floor game considering it was day after tomorrow blizzard weather last time? Or is there another reason you are worried about him? 

Haven't been following steelers as much but I'd think Najee still has volume and KC wasn't a tough matchup? Honestly with COVID and injuries, most RBs suck this year. I have Kamara and Mixon and I don't feel comfortable about either.

Kamara / Mixon / Barkley / Michel / Robinson / Conner... Think I'm rolling with Kamara and Robinson. Sad that none of them are good. I really would have been better off if I got Hill / Montgomery / Gronk over Mixon.

I think Gronk is still reliable but haven't been following Goedert. Got to think its just him and AJ Brown so both will feast.
Najee just didn't seem to do very good the last couple of weeks.  He was awful in the MIN game until their comeback (I know it still counts) and he was awful last week against TEN.

Last 3 weeks, Diggs has gone 9.1 (against NE), 14.4, and 13.5.  Playing NE again this week.

I guess Waddle has just been coming on so strong I'm trying to find a way to get him in my lineup.

If Swift plays, who do you start him over?

I think you gotta go Robinson, and those other guys are kind of a crap shoot.  I would say Kamara or Michel.

Murray or Mahomes?  Sounds like Tyreek has cleared and they're hoping Kelce will (activating him today although he hasn't cleared).  With the way Jefferson torched the Steelers a couple of weeks ago I'm tempted to use Mahomes.

Have to decide tonight before the Cardinals game.

First half of the first Saturday game over and already my Deebo lead is up in smoke. Adams has more points already (screw you, Browns) and Chubb is over halfway there.

Well that's it, I'm out.  Robinson hurt (after totally getting screwed at the goal line), Patterson not used anymore for some unknown reason), Brady not looking at Gronk, Murray sucks, etc.

On top of that it's impossible to beat lucky b.s. like Tee Higgins.

Well that's it, I'm out.  Robinson hurt (after totally getting screwed at the goal line), Patterson not used anymore for some unknown reason), Brady not looking at Gronk, Murray sucks, etc.

On top of that it's impossible to beat lucky b.s. like Tee Higgins.

Sorry man, been awol this weekend. I got screwed too. RObinson ####ed us both. Like wtf, it's vs jets and he gets 1 point? Could have started Mixon over him and Kamara...

I'm only still alive cause we have final 4 format. Agree Higgins is BS, can't believe someone had him and started him and got lucky. 

Either way, best team got 160 both weeks so looks like 1st place is assured unless he gets a total goose egg and scores like 80 and I score like 160. 

Sorry man, been awol this weekend. I got screwed too. RObinson ####ed us both. Like wtf, it's vs jets and he gets 1 point? Could have started Mixon over him and Kamara...

I'm only still alive cause we have final 4 format. Agree Higgins is BS, can't believe someone had him and started him and got lucky. 

Either way, best team got 160 both weeks so looks like 1st place is assured unless he gets a total goose egg and scores like 80 and I score like 160. 
Believe it or not, I started Waddle instead of Diggs and actually had a shot last night, but Kamara did just enough to hold me off.  I finished out by 5 points.  Before Robinson got hurt, early in the game the Jags had a first and goal from the one or two and didn't give it to him until 4th down I think.  So if only he'd have gotten a score right there...

Pretty sure not doing it again next year.  I can't stand unlucky beats, and this format is the worst for that.  Better if I just give $100 to someone who needs it.

Believe it or not, I started Waddle instead of Diggs and actually had a shot last night, but Kamara did just enough to hold me off.  I finished out by 5 points.  Before Robinson got hurt, early in the game the Jags had a first and goal from the one or two and didn't give it to him until 4th down I think.  So if only he'd have gotten a score right there...

Pretty sure not doing it again next year.  I can't stand unlucky beats, and this format is the worst for that.  Better if I just give $100 to someone who needs it.
Sorry for the late reply. Is this the formats fault or is it the payout structures fault? I feel like the format is fun but the payouts in your league suck. Any league with 18 teams and only 1 winner is ridiculous IMO. We paid out final 4 which I think is fine. I'd probably try again in a different league with better payouts next year if I were you. Surprised you really didn't enjoy the format. We had the best teams we'd have in any other format. I thought it was very fun and exciting. I loved being able to get the players I enjoyed watching and seeing if I picked right. Jefferson, Lamb, Chase, and Kupp were all players I loved. Same with Brady and Jackson. 

Anyways, I finished 2nd overall and got paid. I scored 171 points this week because of Chase mainly. But I was 29.02 FP lower than 1st place over the past 3 weeks. If I started Mixon instead of Robinson last week I would have won. Oh well, random luck.

Sorry for the late reply. Is this the formats fault or is it the payout structures fault? I feel like the format is fun but the payouts in your league suck. Any league with 18 teams and only 1 winner is ridiculous IMO. We paid out final 4 which I think is fine. I'd probably try again in a different league with better payouts next year if I were you. Surprised you really didn't enjoy the format. We had the best teams we'd have in any other format. I thought it was very fun and exciting. I loved being able to get the players I enjoyed watching and seeing if I picked right. Jefferson, Lamb, Chase, and Kupp were all players I loved. Same with Brady and Jackson. 

Anyways, I finished 2nd overall and got paid. I scored 171 points this week because of Chase mainly. But I was 29.02 FP lower than 1st place over the past 3 weeks. If I started Mixon instead of Robinson last week I would have won. Oh well, random luck.
Wow, nice!  Yeah, the payout probably has something to do with it.  But that's how that group is.  I honestly don't think I enjoyed it.  It was mostly just stress (worse than usual ff) and sweating it out every other Monday night.  I didn't find that fun at all.  I don't have anything against the format though, it's very interesting.  Those guys are already bugging me so we'll see how I feel next year (insert QB pondering retirement type text).

The good news is that I wouldn't have won if I'd have made it, so that makes it a little easier to swallow.  My guys didn't really have that great of a week (the winner had Chase also).

What site would you guys suggest to set up a guillotine league? 

I saw guillotineleagues.com but they're charging $90 to run a $30 league.

Or just set it up a free league on Sleeper, ESPN, Yahoo, etc and run from there?

Also looks like I can set up on MFL for $36 where my other leagues are already.

What site would you guys suggest to set up a guillotine league? 

I saw guillotineleagues.com but they're charging $90 to run a $30 league.

Or just set it up a free league on Sleeper, ESPN, Yahoo, etc and run from there?

Also looks like I can set up on MFL for $36 where my other leagues are already.
That one was the one we used last year.  I'd say go with MFL if the format works.

anyone doing guillotine league this year? Hopefully you all get a chance to join a league. I’m doing two this year personally. A lot of fun, happy to answer any one’s questions who is on the fence.

Not playing this year (told those guys in January that I was probably out and they didn't ask again, though they did change the payout to top two), but happy to jump in and contribute to the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread