What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guillotine League Strategy (1 Viewer)

So Diggs is available in our league. Is it too early to blow say 30-40% of my $ on him? WR position is solid but he'd obviously be a big boost. I feel like he's one of about 10 guys you break the bank for when the come available. I've only spent about 2% of my balance, a few have spent a bunch and about half the league hasn't spent a dime. Going to have to spend to have a shot at him.

@Pipes 30% for sure. 40% is really tough. But that is max I'd pay. It's hard to recover from spending 50%+ in a week and on one player... Make sure you do analysis on what your team needs to be playoff worthy.

Final 5 teams on average would have the following starters:

QB5
RB5
RB10
WR5
WR10
RB15 or WR15
RB15 or WR15
TE5

Which means you would have to spend 60% on how many players in your case to achieve a team equal or better than the above? Are you confident you can do it?
Plus keep in mind that matchups / injuries / byes happen. You've seen how good teams can still get chopped by now hopefully. Which makes matchups even more important in Guillotine and having a strong bench for playoffs is key in addition to the above.

The league I am in is a fishbowl off shoot, where at the end of week 12 the last team standing "wins", and all the winners from the various leagues redraft. So, only 8 weeks left, not 14 weeks. I have Mahomes and Goff which I will ride. I have Saquon, Breece Hall, and Rhamondre and I will ride with them -- both Hall and Rhamondre seem to be trending up. Higgins, Metcalf, and Davante Adams are my wr and I will ride with them. Ertz, with a bye at week 13, completes the team. Injuries can derail you, but optimistically I would be fine with these guys for the next 8 weeks. That said, I have $840 left and Diggs, Kelce, and Lamar are available this week. Probably going to make decent bids on Diggs and Kelce, and a modest bid on Lamar so the teams needing a QB don't get him for super cheap. If I end up with any or all of them I'd be fine. Figure if you make it to the last few weeks, with only 12 man rosters, you can find guys on the cheap.

I've had decent luck up to last week and have been pretty stingy with the FAAB but starting to look forward to byes a week in advance, so I don't get stuck if everyone doesn't realize until next week that they'll need to replace some guys in week 6. That's also compounded by the fact that I lost my 2nd round pick Javonte for the year and don't have a great backup for that 2nd RB spot.

I looked ahead to weeks 6 & 7 (& 8 since it's Kelce) to try and plan ahead a bit:

Week 6: I lose Goff and B Cooks from my starting lineup
I waited on QB until round 10 knowing I'd eventually get a deal on a better one if still alive.
Goff has really saved me but Jameis has been hurt so I picked up Geno for $13 as insurance (he's playing ARI in week 6).
My bench is pretty weak so I cut Claypool, Gage, and Likely and picked up Walker ($3), Mooney ($2), and Bellinger ($2) this week.
Mooney has shown a little life lately and CHI has to throw more at some point and they have a (hopefully) good matchup W6 vs WAS.

Week 7: I lose DeVonta Smith and Gainwell (was my only other RB after Javonte went down)
Hoping Mooney picks it up a bit or there's another decent WR I can pick up before W7 to fill a WR spot for the week.
I picked up Walker in case Penny gets more dinged up and hoping the continue to mix him in more anyway, they play LAC W7.

Week 8: I lose my 1st round pick, Travis Kelce and had no backup TE.
I added Bellinger because he's at least been getting some looks in that offense and hopefully will continue to grow into it a little more in the next few weeks.
Also they play SEA in W8 which is supposed to be a good matchup for TE's.

Hopefully that and some luck will be enough to keep me going for a few weeks before I have to break into my other $977 when more players will have been chopped and fewer teams bidding for them.

Kind of annoying that I didnt think of it, but I cant drop Javonte now because his game has been played this week.

Need advice guys!

I'm in 2 Guillotine leagues, and Josh Allen just got chopped in both. Also Justin Jefferson went with him in 1, Ja'Marr Chase in the other. So far it's been a lot of Dalvin Cook, Kamara, and Najee, etc. Guys I'm not willing to pay up for.

League 1: 12 Team League--down to 7
QB: Burrow
WR's: Diggs, Higgins, Gabe Davis, Hopkins, Cooks, Cooper, G Wilson
CEH is in one of my flex spots--and don't feel great about him.

FAAB remaining: 950.

Allen feels like an unholy upgrade at QB. Chase an every week starter despite the slow start. What do you bid on each?

League 2: 13 Teams, down to 8
QB: Brady
WR's: Tyreek, Higgins, M Brown, Aiyuk

FAAB remaining: 618 (Blew a lot on Andrews).

This is the one with Allen and Jefferson. Feels like I need to go hard after Allen at least. Jefferson also obviously one of the best players available. But hate to blow ALL the money at this point.

Anyone still going in these?

I'm the top scoring team in my 2 leagues--but my RB's are Ekeler (bye) and Breece (ACL) in both. I'm first and 2nd in FAAB remaining. Feels like time to go nuts.

We are down to 5 teams in the Scott Fish chop that ends with week 11. I have 360 FAAB left and next highest is 142. Josh Allen and Cooper Kupp both got chopped. The 142 FAAB has Burrow so he may not bid on Allen, or at least not all 142. It may be an overbid, but I am getting Kupp for 143. Debating if I want Allen for 143 also. If I have Allen I will have Allen, Mahomes, and Lamar which keeps the 3 top QBs off any other team. Even spending 286 I would still have money left, but the only upgrade I could get would be either Kelce or Andrews (have Ertz).

I lost Breece Hall and Metcalf this week, but "gained" Etienne as #1 now and D Hopkins back from suspension. Have Saquon and Ekeler (on bye). Granted it is now a 5 team league, but I feel pretty good about what I will have.

QBs: Allen, Mahomes, Lamar
RB: Saquon, Ekeler, Etienne, Rhamondre, Mostert
WR:Davante, Tee Higgins, D. Hopkins,Kupp
TE: Ertz

We are down to 5 teams in the Scott Fish chop that ends with week 11. I have 360 FAAB left and next highest is 142. Josh Allen and Cooper Kupp both got chopped. The 142 FAAB has Burrow so he may not bid on Allen, or at least not all 142. It may be an overbid, but I am getting Kupp for 143. Debating if I want Allen for 143 also. If I have Allen I will have Allen, Mahomes, and Lamar which keeps the 3 top QBs off any other team. Even spending 286 I would still have money left, but the only upgrade I could get would be either Kelce or Andrews (have Ertz).

I lost Breece Hall and Metcalf this week, but "gained" Etienne as #1 now and D Hopkins back from suspension. Have Saquon and Ekeler (on bye). Granted it is now a 5 team league, but I feel pretty good about what I will have.

QBs: Allen, Mahomes, Lamar
RB: Saquon, Ekeler, Etienne, Rhamondre, Mostert
WR:Davante, Tee Higgins, D. Hopkins,Kupp
TE: Ertz
I'm in a Super Chop for Kentucky Flood relief, 144 teams in 12 mini-leagues. Each of the 12 winners goes into a 2nd 12 team league that eliminates 2 teams per week. My understanding--if you win your division/mini-league you get a SFB invite next year.

I went absolutely ham this week. Also lost Breece to the ACL tear. Had the most money by a fair amount. The guy in 2nd had like 400 something to my 500 something.

The guy in 3rd had 171 left.
I got CMC for 172.
On the fence about Andrews given the injury, bye week in a couple weeks. Bid 76 as my "Can't pass on him" price. Got him.
Bid 50 on Dalvin Cook, got him. Had a backup bid of 100 on Dalvin if I didn't get CMC--which I didn't think I would
Bid 20 on Ramondre--maybe didn't need him at that point--got him.

Now sitting on
RB: Ekeler/CMC/Dalvin/Ramdondre
WR: Diggs/Chase/Hopkins/Higgins/Cooper/Gabe Davis
TE: Andrews/Kittle

Still have the most FAAB money left at 228. Obviously when you get this deep into this kind of thing, all the teams are stacked. But think I'm in great position. Would like to get Mahommes or Allen at QB at some point. But feel good about Burrow especially the last few weeks.

Last edited:
In my 2nd league that's for $$ with friends:

Had the most money by a little bit. Got guys at great prices, but no one was bidding on some of them. Ekeler on bye. Lost Breece to an ACL. My remaining RB's to start going into last night were Montgomery and AJ Dillon.

J Jefferson, Diggs, Swift, Fournette all chopped.

I came out of the fray with Jefferson, Swift, Fournette.

Had the most money going in, but #2 and #3 had enough to keep me from just rolling things. My WR were already really good:

Tyreke, Higgins, Hopkins, Lamb, Gabe Davis.

You could argue I didn't need to spend on Jefferson/Diggs, but they feel like the elite of the elite and wanted a piece of that.

Bid 201 on Jefferson and Diggs. Got Jefferson. Someone bid 250 on Diggs
Bid 100 on Fournette, next highest bid was 50.
Bid 100 on Swift. No one else even bid.

Down to 164$ and have the 3rd most $$.

But feeling absolutely stacked

QB: Dak/Brady--this is the ones spot I still need an upgrade
RB: Ekeler/Fournette/Swift/Montgomery/Pacheco
WR: Jefferson, Hill, Hopkins/Lamb/Gabe Davis
TE: Andrews/Ertz

I squeaked by a bunch of weeks and am now sitting with about $200 more FAAB left than the second highest team. I'm still not too stoked about where I am, but now I'm ready to start spending.

QB: D Jones, D Carr
RB: T Pollard, A Jones, E Benjamin, D Foreman, M Gordon
WR: C Olave, D Smith, W Robinson, B Cooks, G Wilson, K Toney
TE: T Kelce, P Friermuth, K Pitts

I've bid on a lot of guys, but the prices some teams have paid were just too high than I could get myself to spend. I'm hoping the bye weeks kill a few loaded teams, so I can stack my team at a discount.

I've lived by my guillotine mantra: It's better to lose early with all of your FAAB in your bank than be alive late with no FAAB left.

Ok, gentlemen, I need some help in how to approach this bidding period. The Undertaker lost (by less than a point) and now Allen and Mahomes are on the market. Here are the teams left and their money...along with who they have at QB with ranking by PPG. Also, our league is on MFL.com and we bid until the last week of the season.

TeamMoney leftNeed QB?
SIP711YJones 19, Carr 25
Slippin535NKyler 6, Pickett, Mariotta 10
Beaver397MBurrow 5, Garappollo, Goff 13
Ny Neck366NLamar 3, Geno 9
BC268NHerbert 11, Fields 16
Stryker249NTua 8, Cousins 12
Tyler195YLawrence 18, Stafford 29
Limu175NHurts 4, NO QBs
Angus156MDak 28, Russ 26
Camel122YBrady 27, Rodgers 24

Now, based on logical thinking the next 3 teams don't need a QB, and the 4th has Herbert followed by 5 with Tua. I'd think that they don't need to use their money on a QB and will save it for other deficiencies.

My thinking is that I'm bidding against Tyler, who has 195 left. Do I just bid 196 for both QBs and hope I get one? Common sense tells me that the teams between Tyler and I won't want to kill their budget for a luxury upgrade, and if they want to, then I'll bid up on Tyler Heineke who is 7th in avg PPG based off his two starts.

What makes this a more difficult decision is the team that was eliminated had a relatively ****ty roster, so there aren't a lot of other players to bid on.

What would you do?

Down to the last 3 weeks (4 teams left) in our 12 team super chop league.
I have the most $ left at 228. Second most is 216.

Roster:

RB: CMC/Ekeler/Dalvin/Stevenson/Fournette
WR: Diggs/Hopkins/Higgins/Cooper

Top guys chopped this week: Henry, Taylor, Jacobs, Mahommes.

QB is obviously my weak spot. I've considered bidding 217 to ensure I get Mahommes. But the other 3 teams are all pretty good at QB:
One guy has Allen and Carr. Another guy has Hurts. The 3rd guy has Murray and Lamar at QB (this is the guy with 216).

The guy with Lamar and Kyler has Chubb and Najee on bye. He currently has his WR and Flex spots empty, which at least seems to signal he's planning to bid on RB/WR. Though he has Kupp on his bench currently.

So how much does one bid on Mahommes at this point? On one hand, I want to lock him in. On the other hand, the next 2 weeks have the potential to have some ridiculous cuts and it won't take a ton of $$ to get the remaining guys.

Last edited:
Ok, gentlemen, I need some help in how to approach this bidding period. The Undertaker lost (by less than a point) and now Allen and Mahomes are on the market. Here are the teams left and their money...along with who they have at QB with ranking by PPG. Also, our league is on MFL.com and we bid until the last week of the season.

TeamMoney leftNeed QB?
SIP711YJones 19, Carr 25
Limu175NHurts 4, NO QBs
Angus156MDak 28, Russ 26

Now, based on logical thinking the next 3 teams don't need a QB, and the 4th has Herbert followed by 5 with Tua. I'd think that they don't need to use their money on a QB and will save it for other deficiencies.

My thinking is that I'm bidding against Tyler, who has 195 left. Do I just bid 196 for both QBs and hope I get one? Common sense tells me that the teams between Tyler and I won't want to kill their budget for a luxury upgrade, and if they want to, then I'll bid up on Tyler Heineke who is 7th in avg PPG based off his two starts.

What makes this a more difficult decision is the team that was eliminated had a relatively ****ty roster, so there aren't a lot of other players to bid on.

What would you do?
With the excess you have, I'd lean towards doing exactly what you said. 196 is maybe a touch expensive, but you lock in an elite QB that's past their bye the rest of the way. You'd also still be 1 or 2 in remaining FAAB.

Please see mine above this post.

Roster:

QB is obviously my weak spot. I've considered bidding 217 to ensure I get Mahommes. But the other 3 teams are all pretty good at QB:
One guy has Allen and Carr. Another guy has Hurts. The 3rd guy has Murray and Lamar at QB (this is the guy with 216).

The guy with Lamar and Kyler has Chubb and Najee on bye. He currently has his WR and Flex spots empty, which at least seems to signal he's planning to bid on RB/WR. Though he has Kupp on his bench currently.

So how much does one bid on Mahommes at this point? On one hand, I want to lock him in. On the other hand, the next 2 weeks have the potential to have some ridiculous cuts and it won't take a ton of $$ to get the remaining guys.

With the Bye weeks, there's no way that guy with Chubb and Najee is spending all the money on QB. He has to address the RB position. Plus, Kyler and Lamar aren't chopped liver. I'm bidding in that $100 range. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for $75. There are 3 RBs that are going to be getting larger bids than Mahomes would get.

There's also no need for those other two teams to bid up on a QB when, like you said, there are some riches to be had before FAAB bidding ends in a couple weeks.

Roster:

With the Bye weeks, there's no way that guy with Chubb and Najee is spending all the money on QB. He has to address the RB position. Plus, Kyler and Lamar aren't chopped liver. I'm bidding in that $100 range. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for $75. There are 3 RBs that are going to be getting larger bids than Mahomes would get.

There's also no need for those other two teams to bid up on a QB when, like you said, there are some riches to be had before FAAB bidding ends in a couple weeks.
Agreed. I've been bouncing between 76-101 haha. I was gonna go all in at 217 to guarantee it as my team is pretty stacked. But there's a lot more stacking to be done/had the next 2 weeks.

It's good to have someone that plays and has a fairly conservative mindset.

Last edited:

TeamMoney leftNeed QB?
SIP711YJones 19, Carr 25
Limu175NHurts 4, NO QBs
Angus156MDak 28, Russ 26

What would you do?
With the excess you have, I'd lean towards doing exactly what you said. 196 is maybe a touch expensive, but you lock in an elite QB that's past their bye the rest of the way. You'd also still be 1 or 2 in remaining FAAB.

Please see mine above this post.
Update: I got Allen for $127. Strangely, Mahomes went for $156.

I am in a full season guillotineleagues.com league. Most points overall and $898 left, which is most by about $120. However, there are still 10 teams left due to the full-season setting.

Burrow, Stafford
CMC, Fournette, Etienne, Foreman (handcuffed CMC and benefitted from holding him till the trade), Eno Benjamin
Mike Williams, Gabe Davis, DHop, Jakobi Myers
Knox, Schultz, Njoku

Etienne was a cheap pick up early, DHop I drafted and stashed and survived long enough to use, Schultz I got cheap last week. I picked up Stafford to fill Week 10 bye when Burrow was rolling, but this week I'm going to throw $25 at Fields to replace Stafford. Plays the Lions week 10 and if Burrow struggles long term without Chase I have a decent floor with Fields at least. I feel like I'm strong enough to avoid overpaying for WR's. But Ekeler is on the wire this week so I'm going over $300 to try to get him and have a set of 4 RB's that would be tough to beat, regardless of other weaknesses on my team till we get close to the end of the year. We shall see...

I spent a bunch last week. Got D Cook, Diggs, C Samuel, Godwin, Ertz. Only about $80 left to cover the next 4 weeks, but I feel much better about my roster depth now.

Hopkins flew under the radar, went for around $125. Guys like Jefferson and Diggs have been consistently over $300.

I assume that as you get closer to the last waiver period in a full season league, you have to roster backups at all positions? Seems weird to not have waivers the last few weeks but I guess that’s part of the fun and unique format.

I spent a bunch last week. Got D Cook, Diggs, C Samuel, Godwin, Ertz. Only about $80 left to cover the next 4 weeks, but I feel much better about my roster depth now.

Hopkins flew under the radar, went for around $125. Guys like Jefferson and Diggs have been consistently over $300.

I assume that as you get closer to the last waiver period in a full season league, you have to roster backups at all positions? Seems weird to not have waivers the last few weeks but I guess that’s part of the fun and unique format.

Yeah I would think depth would be significantly important. That week 14 bye is going to screw with a lot of teams. Luckily I don't have anyone (yet) with that bye week.

Super chop final 3 weeks:
Spent 126 to get Mahommes.
Got Jacobs for 26.

In a second Super Chop, Final 4 weeks:
Dude spent 165$ on Chase and has him in the starting lineup.

In 1 league, I'm in an absolute powerhouse position if I survive this week.

Super chop league, will be down to the Final 3 after this week. The chop is between me and the guy with the most money.
If I survive, I've got 76$. The other 2 have 19$ and 9$.
Kamara, Kelce, Kupp, AJ Brown will all be axed.

I'm up 24 with Mahommes. He's got Kelce and Kamara left.

Up 34.xx after last night's game. Just need Kamara not to go completely nuts.

Last edited:
Down to 3 teams. I have $90, others are $50 and $15. Bidding $51 for CMC. Will give me CMC, Saquon, Ekeler, and Etienne this week. Rhamondre can replace Etienne next week. +Have Kupp, Davante, and Hopkins. Have Mahomes, with Allen and Lamar on bench.

Diggs is also chopped this week so I am going to bid $16+ to ensure the lowest team does not get him. If I don't get Diggs this week, if I make it through this week, either Diggs or Jefferson will be chopped and I will have the money to get them. This bid is somewhat dependent on Allen elbow.

The low team has Higbee as TE. I am going to put small bids in on Hockenson and Goeddert so that if he tries to get them for $1-3 he won't. I have Ertz and other team has Kelce so I assume he will think we will not bid at all for a TE . He would be able to pick either Pitts or Engram or Everett. <<May revisit this strategy, may not be worth the money>>

The other teams QBs are Burrow (bye) and Kyler vs Rams so both should try to upgrade.

The team with $50 looks much better than the $15 team, but his main guys are Hill and Waddle and Ken Walker, all who will be on bye in the hopefully finals match up.

Dropping Mostert, Tee Higgins, DK Metcalf, and Lamar if I end up getting all four guys I bid on. If Allen ends up being hurt I will drop him instead of Lamar, and will also be less concerned with getting Diggs.

Looking back, I over bid by about $50 each time I picked up my 3 QBs, but still had more money than the others. Making the huge bid early on was not a strategy that worked for people this year. My initial QBs were Carr and Trey Lance, long way from those two to Mahomes, Allen, and Lamar.

I'm in 2 Super Chop leagues. In 1 of them, I feel super Set. Down to 3 teams, Have 76$ left compared to 19$ and 9$.

Kelce, Kupp, Kamara, AJ Brown all cut. Going to bid 20 on Kelce and Kupp for sure. Unsure about Kamara. Probably won't start Brown--have Hopkins and Diggs and soon to add Kupp. Then stacked at RB with Ekeler, CMC, Cook, Jacobs, Ramondre.

I also have Andrews on the bench, so I'll have the elite tight end situation locked down. Hoping to carry a decent amount of money over to next week to block the other guy from an elite QB/WR or RB.

In my 2nd league, could use some advice if anyone's got some.

Down to 4 teams. I have the most $ currently at 151$
The other 3 teams have 106, 95, 85.

Current Roster:
QB: Dak, Herbert, Brady (definitely the weak spot).
RB: Ekeler, Walker, Swift, Fournette
WR: Hill, Jefferson, Hopkins, Lamb, Higgins
TE: Andrews, Ertz

The two biggest guys thrown back: CMC, Mahommes, and Hurts.

I REALLY need a QB. But I also feel like adding CMC is a slam dunk move.

I can lock CMC up for 107$. That leaves me 44$ to bid on a QB. I lean towards bidding 26$ and hoping one falls to me.

There's obviously a lot of value/power in having money late. On the flip side, when you're down to 4 teams, the random blow up games can be the reason a weaker team passes you and you get chopped.

Last edited:

Current Roster:

I can lock CMC up for 107$. That leaves me 44$ to bid on a QB. I lean towards bidding 26$ and hoping one falls to me.

There's obviously a lot of value/power in having money late. On the flip side, when you're down to 4 teams, the random blow up games can be the reason a weaker team passes you and you get chopped.
Do you need McCaffery? I think I would take Mahomes, Are these best ball?

Current Roster:

Do you need McCaffery? I think I would take Mahomes, Are these best ball?
You set a lineup.

I think with McCaffery and Ekeler, I‘ll survive this week. There’s a real chance this is the last time CMC comes up for bid.

As long as I survive, one or more of Mahommes, Hurts, Allen, Jackson should be there for the final 2 weeks.

FWIW, I have another league that is a week ahead of this one (it had 12 teams vs 13 for this one). So with the same number of teams remaining, I got Mahommes for 126. But the 2nd highest bid was 25. With everyone having <100$, I don’t think they’ll spend half of it on QB.

For the above, started at 151. got CMC at 107. Next highest bid was hillariously 45. I still feel like ensuring I got him was the right move there. That's the reason you try to have the most money going into the final weeks.

That left me with 44. I ultimately decided to bid 41 on Mahommes, and the next highest bid was 40. That felt pretty sweet. I only have 3 dollars left at this point. But I'm not sure that's the end of the world.

In my other small league (12 teams instead of 13), I was running back through waivers last night. There just weren't enough dollars/roster spots to block the other 2 guys from everyone. I was able to bid over the top of the other 2 for Kelce/Kupp (20 each). I could have for sure done it or a 3rd player, and if they don't go all in and you math hard enough--maybe a 4th. I got AJ Brown for 10. One guy was able to get Chubb for 10. The other guy was able to get Kamara for 1.

And then come next week, it's going to be even harder to block the other guy in the Finals from elite players.

Take home lesson--at the end you're not going to be able to block the other guy from all of the elite pieces.

Roster as it stands:
QB: Mahommes/Herbert
RB: CMC, Ekeler, Walker, Swift, Fournette
TE: Andrews/Ertz

Not quite as insane as the other one, but I think I'm in as good a position as anyone to win.

What range would you bid on J'Marr Chase? He and Deebo are available, and I need the WR help. I feel good about surviving this week regardless.

Other guys available this week are Mixon, Rhomandre, Sanders at RB, and Sutton, Mike Williams at WR.

I'm hoping guys spend up on the RBs and deplete some of their cash reserves.

My roster:

QB: J Allen, D Watson, G Smith
RB: Saquon, T Pollard, D Foreman, A Jones, J Wilson, D Montgomery
WR: T Higgins, Olave, G Wilson, D Smith, J Jeudy,
TE: T Kelce, Friermuth

Obviously, I need the WR help, but I want to stay flexible with my bidding. I have the 3rd most $$$ left.

TeamMoney left
BC268
Stryker249
My Team243
Tyler190
Beaver186
Limu175
Slippin167
Camel3
Angus0

I'm not sure about bidding up on Deebo, but I think Chase is worth some $$$. What would you spend for him?

Down to final week and I have $30 to other guy having $4. I am able to get Henry, JT, JJefferson, and Justin Fields for sure and bidding $3 for AJ Brown and Amon-Ra to keep other team from getting them.

He will have
QB: Hurts/Burrow
RB: Chubb, Jacobs
WR: Diggs, Lamb
TE: Kelce
Flex: Mixon
Flex: ?

Dalvin Cook, Kamara, Aaron Jones, Rhamondre available. McLaurin probably best WR out there. Mark Andrews also out there.

I have to decide on who to play, will end up sitting 1 or 2 of top RBs and sitting Allen and Fields. End up with a pretty good team when down to only 2 teams.
QB: Mahomes
RB: Saquon
RB: Henry (may sit him)
WR: JJefferson
WR: Adams
TE: Hockenson (or pick up Andrews)
Flex: Ekeler
Flex: 1 of CMC, JT, Hopkins

Hoping last week was my "down" week with Kupp getting hurt, but the chopped team having JT and Aaron Jones on bench with Cordarrell and Kamara active saved me.

Ugh, I hope the weather in Buffalo doesn't end up nearly as bad as projected. Having both Diggs and D Peoples-Jones in this week's lineup could be awful for me with only 7 teams left.

Do I drop DPJ for just about anyone else to avoid the snow?

Ugh, I hope the weather in Buffalo doesn't end up nearly as bad as projected. Having both Diggs and D Peoples-Jones in this week's lineup could be awful for me with only 7 teams left.

Do I drop DPJ for just about anyone else to avoid the snow?
I don't know your options. I'd lean yes, but there is a slim chance they move the game based on precedent.

I have Josh Allen, so at least he can just scramble for a ton of yards.

Down to final week and I have $30 to other guy having $4. I am able to get Henry, JT, JJefferson, and Justin Fields for sure and bidding $3 for AJ Brown and Amon-Ra to keep other team from getting them.

He will have

Dalvin Cook, Kamara, Aaron Jones, Rhamondre available. McLaurin probably best WR out there. Mark Andrews also out there.

I have to decide on who to play, will end up sitting 1 or 2 of top RBs and sitting Allen and Fields. End up with a pretty good team when down to only 2 teams.

Hoping last week was my "down" week with Kupp getting hurt, but the chopped team having JT and Aaron Jones on bench with Cordarrell and Kamara active saved me.
You're at two teams? Is that a super chop league?

He will have

You're at two teams? Is that a super chop league?
Yes, it was one of the Scott Fish super chops. Whoever wins this week will then move on with a draft next week for all the top teams. If you win this week, you get a guaranteed entry into the Scott Fish Bowl next year. Honestly, I am not sure what happens, I just figured it was a $50 donation and I had never done a guillotine league.

I started something this year that I think helps me with my bids that I thought I'd share. I list the teams left, their money, and I rank them in each category. I rank them by the number of players they have in relation to our starting lineups vs the number of teams left. For example, we start 2 RBs, so if they have 2 top 16 RBs and 2 RBs in the 17-24 range, then they are at 2.2 (based on 8 teams. Next week, it will be top 14 for the 7 teams). I use FBG ROS rankings for this.

TeamMoney leftQBRBWRTE
SIP2211.93.33.12
BC2167.822.10.1
Beaver1804.172.15.11.1
Slippin16713.1522.11.2
Stryker356.1035.11
Camel33.161.12.21.1
Limu05.302.23.11
Angus02.112.120

Now I can see who needs each position and will drop or raise my bids accordingly. I am the top line, so I have the 1st and 9th ranked QBs, 3 top 16 and 3 17-24 ranked RBs, 3 top 24 and 1 15-32 ranked WRs, and 2 top 4 TEs. For TEs, I do top 4 as good, 5-8 as ok, and higher as bad. I know that Stryker and Beaver are set at WR, so I just have to bid against BC and Slippin when a top guy comes on the WW, and hope everyone bids up RBs since I am relatively set there.

My current after this week's bidding:

QB: Allen, Watson, Geno
RB: Saquon, AJones, Sanders, Pollard, Wilson, Monty
WR: Tee, Sutton, Olave, GWilson, Devonte Smith
TE: Kelce, Friermuth

Makes no sense to me, but always nice to see to see unique thought processes! I do similar that I'm sure no one would understand.

No matter how much data though, can never underestimate the craziness/stupidness/desperation of league mates.

Whew, the decision to move Buffalo-Cleveland indoors is sure to have a huge impact on many guillotine leagues this week.

Survived without even needing Kelce's big night.

Kelce is a cheat code in this format. He was my #1 pick and has single-handedly helped me survive multiple times.

Moving on to next phase. The 12 winners of the 12 super chops now will draft tomorrow. Weird doing a draft after week 11. Guess strategy will depend on what pick I get. 2 teams get eliminated each week and final is week 17.

I'm sitting here with my roster as such:

QB: Allen, Watson
RB: Barkley, Etienne, AJones, JWilson, Sanders, Pollard
WR: Diggs, Higgins, McLauren, Olave, Sutton, Juju

I want to start Barkley, Jones, and Etienne, but I worry about Etienne's foot, even if he is cleared to play. Do you sit him for one of the other 3 just to be safe? FBG has me projected to score the highest number of points this week with Etienne.

I'm sitting here with my roster as such:

QB: Allen, Watson
RB: Barkley, Etienne, AJones, JWilson, Sanders, Pollard
WR: Diggs, Higgins, McLauren, Olave, Sutton, Juju

I want to start Barkley, Jones, and Etienne, but I worry about Etienne's foot, even if he is cleared to play. Do you sit him for one of the other 3 just to be safe? FBG has me projected to score the highest number of points this week with Etienne.
Maybe if Allen and Diggs have big nights, I'd pivot to Pollard who may have a higher floor.

Such a fun format, really glad I tried one of these.

Roster decisions remain difficult when you’re now choosing from a stacked roster with so few teams remaining.

A guy like Jameson Williams fascinates me in this format. Potential league winning depth play at WR, or a total waste of a roster spot in the important final weeks.

In the super chop week 12 redraft I barely survived and am now 1 of 8 teams left. Feel like I need to get two great players and have my full FAAB left to get them. With 8 teams left and 2 getting dropped each week I feel like if I get a top WR and a top RB this week I can get through this week and then have a chance next week also. Once there are only 2 or 4 teams left, I think FAAB is less important because so many players available. My thought now is I would rather overbid to get my main guy and then put in bids to get a second top player which would leave with 25-50 FAAB left. Been a fun season that I joined as an afterthought and I now have a spot in Scott Fish Bowl #13

Strategy question:

I have 2 Bills. Josh Allen and Diggs

Do I bench either of these two due to the snow? I only need to finish top 3 this week, so I want a safe floor.

My first inclination is that Allen's rushing in that weather would still justify his start. My other options would be out of Cousins, Lawrence, or Dak.

Diggs is a different scenario. I almost want to start a guy like McLauren, who is getting a ton of targets and has a pretty safe floor. Hopkins is also an option.

My current starters are:

QB Allen
RB Ekeler, Henry, Taylor
WR Brown, St. Brown, Diggs
TE Kelce

Guillotine league players, where do y’all play? Is there a good/trusted website with open leagues you can join, or is it mostly a custom setup with people you know? Looking to try one out this year but unsure where to start looking.

TIA

Guillotine league players, where do y’all play? Is there a good/trusted website with open leagues you can join, or is it mostly a custom setup with people you know? Looking to try one out this year but unsure where to start looking.

TIA
I run mine through MyFantasyLeague.com.

The difference between this site and the one above is MFL has a weekly elimination up until Week 17. The other site stops eliminating with 4 teams left and those fight it out for top score over that span (I think).

Users who are viewing this thread