What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guilty pleasure film (1 Viewer)

Godzilla movies - all of them. Both old and new. They have always been awful, awful movies and if anyone caught me sitting and watching one I'd probably lunge for the remote.

The old, imported movies were played on the local station Sunday mornings when I was a kid. At the time I didn't even notice how bad the story was in every single one of them but they are painfully bad watching them as an adult. But I still give them a try whenever a new one comes out. They are never good, and I'll probably continue to watch every one of them. It's kind of like rooting for the Browns to win a SB at this point. I keep thinking THIS NEXT Godzilla movie might put it altogether..... and be as good as an AVERAGE movie. Never happens.

I do get unintended chuckles often from the plot alone.

Godzilla movies - all of them. Both old and new. They have always been awful, awful movies and if anyone caught me sitting and watching one I'd probably lunge for the remote.

The old, imported movies were played on the local station Sunday mornings when I was a kid. At the time I didn't even notice how bad the story was in every single one of them but they are painfully bad watching them as an adult. But I still give them a try whenever a new one comes out. They are never good, and I'll probably continue to watch every one of them. It's kind of like rooting for the Browns to win a SB at this point. I keep thinking THIS NEXT Godzilla movie might put it altogether..... and be as good as an AVERAGE movie. Never happens.

I do get unintended chuckles often from the plot alone.
My favorite plotline was the one with the miniature girls that talk in unison and are carried around in a birdcage. 

My favorite plotline was the one with the miniature girls that talk in unison and are carried around in a birdcage. 
Yeah, even as a kid that movie stood out. I didn't even have any issue with the miniature girls(and their singing) at the time, I just couldn't get over the fact that, "Wait....... Godzilla is going to fight..... a MOTH!?"

Whatever drugs they were using in the early 60's must have been pretty great stuff. It's not like ONE GUY had this crazy idea. Somewhere an entire studio green lit and followed through on the movie. It honestly makes you wonder what ideas(if any) were rejected. Godzilla vs a ladybug? Godzilla vs a paperclip?

I had thought guilty pleasure movies as those that you are aware thet the movie is bad, but you enjoy it anyway. For me, some are

She's All That 
Good one. I share this one. Watching it makes me feel like I’m in Pretty Woman except for the whole hooker thing. 

Ladyhawke
The director was an old client of mine. I mentioned how much I loved the movie and was going to bust his chops about the Alan Parsons Project soundtrack, which has not aged well at all and imo never fit the story. As soon as I started talking about it, he interrupted and said how much he still loves it, because he met his wife on the set and they bonded over it. I stopped yapping before the busting his chops part.

Haven't seen it in forever...have a feeling it's pretty dated, but I do remember genuinely enjoying it.

Since no one else has mentioned it, I'll go with The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension.

Brony said:
I had thought guilty pleasure movies as those that you are aware thet the movie is bad, but you enjoy it anyway. For me, some are

Twister 

She's All That 

Anaconda 
Shes All That is a big time guilty pleasure. I still crack up at some of the classic scenes:

Be silent be still

I will super size my balls

The dance scene at the house party with Rick James blaring over the speakers.

Her dad answering everything wrong on Jeopardy (who is Hewlett Packard).

LMAO!!

San Andreas - I mean - I don't really feel guilty at all. Its an awesome movie. Great action. The Rock. Extremely attractive actessess. 

What's not to love?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shes All That is a big time guilty pleasure. I still crack up at some of the classic scenes:

Be silent be still

LMAO!!
So, who’s the lucky rebound skank?

10 Things I hate about You. 

My daughter was a teenager and forced us all to watch this.  Have to admit, I liked it.   

Another one that is in the same category is A Knight's Tale.  

Be silent be still

LMAO!!
It’s also still the epitome of “hey let’s just put glasses on a girl, pull her hair back, and throw on some frumpy clothes and she’s totally passable as unattractive” movie trope. 

Plus hack-ey-sack bc there’s so much pressure being popular and good at things  

I just used the search function and saw that Tremors hasn't been mentioned in this thread.  I hope it's just the search function that sucks.

I just used the search function and saw that Tremors hasn't been mentioned in this thread.  I hope it's just the search function that sucks.
Not a guilty pleasure because it is an objectively good movie. It is one of my favorites. 

Users who are viewing this thread