What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guys you refuse to own (1 Viewer)

Any Steeler :pokey: :heart:
:coffee:Obviously I wouldn't pass up Parker or Ward in round 10, but as a bengals fan it is just painful to have to cheer for your mortal enemy. On the whole FF probably isn't the place for prejudice against players when drafting because it's all about stats, but especially for a guy like Ward (who is always talking smack, who broke Keith Rivers' jaw, who consistently blindsides with unnecessary blocks) it is just hard to cheer for him every week...even more so when your team is in the same division and will be playing the Steelers twice each year.
Word. Not that I dont take advantage of any matchup against the Bengals outside of the division, but the Steelers especially I just would rather avoid. On top of it all, none are super-studs that I couldnt find a comparable player for.

If Steven Jackson falls to the 2nd round next year, I will be on him like a buzzard on a poop wagon. His holdout hurt him this year, and I fully expect the Rams to fix their o-line and for sjax to bounce back. He just has too much talent.

After the way he's killed two of my teams this year, it will be Braylon Edwards starting in 2009. Just thinking about that bum makes me drop things on the floor.

Plaxico too - but I think he might not be draftable in the near future anyway.

Deuce said:
AnonymousBob said:
koreansteve said:
Jeremy Stevens
:goodposting: That's the only player I will never own.
Any particular reason?
His rap sheet might help a smidge.Fun to educate an owner that picks him up.
I recommend you read the Seattle Times story linked on the right sidebar of the page linked above - but only if you have an empty stomach. The graphic nature of his perverse crimes turned my stomach when I read the (very lengthy) account. The only question I had after reading the Times story is why it didn't appear until after he was (finally) let go by the Seahawks? Oh, yeah, and why isn't he in jail like 10 times over...?

No Cowboys..... diehard Eagles fan here and my true roots are stronger than Fantasy roots.... Always said the day I root against my Eagles for Fantasy purposes, I quit FF.... :lol:

Any injury prone RB (SJax, McGahee, Maroney, Parker, Westbrook to name a few)...I don't care how talented they are, if you can't count on them on a consistent basis, you're screwed and have to scramble for waiver wire guys, handcuffs, and eventually make desperation trades.

Ocho Stinko...no consistency...even before this year. Sure his numbers were always high at season's end, but he'd go like the first 6 games of the season and avg 5 or 6 pts a game, then explode for 2 40pt games in a row.

Schockey, Scheffler, Winslow

Rivers, McNabb, Delhomme

All about consistency and health. You just can't win with guys that can lose games for you when you expect solid points from them.

Not one vote for Addai after 1 1/2 pages of votes????

His propensity to get yanked mid-game doesn't terrify anyone here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ineligible for my team:

Any former Notre Dame Irish player

Any former Indiana Hoosier player

New rule started in 2007---------any New England Cheatriot

In addition Pennington and S. Moss for tanking when I started them and going off when I benched them

Currently on the extinction bubble is Ocho85 for being unreliable and having splinters in his backside from riding the pine every week :)

Any Steeler :wall: :rant:
:)Obviously I wouldn't pass up Parker or Ward in round 10, but as a bengals fan it is just painful to have to cheer for your mortal enemy. On the whole FF probably isn't the place for prejudice against players when drafting because it's all about stats, but especially for a guy like Ward (who is always talking smack, who broke Keith Rivers' jaw, who consistently blindsides with unnecessary blocks) it is just hard to cheer for him every week...even more so when your team is in the same division and will be playing the Steelers twice each year.
Word. Not that I dont take advantage of any matchup against the Bengals outside of the division, but the Steelers especially I just would rather avoid. On top of it all, none are super-studs that I couldnt find a comparable player for.
They are just a dirty Franchise with dirty players that I want nothing to do with. I agree with there are better options then Steeler players,MR Overrated is like mid QB 2 at best in any league.

Jeremy Stevens
:thumbdown: That's the only player I will never own.
Any particular reason?
His rap sheet might help a smidge.Fun to educate an owner that picks him up.
Wow. I never knew all of that. Add him to my list.
Another article including his "funny @%# email"
Wow...after reading that I have to wonder why this chump isn't full of bullets right now. Not only will I have to add him to the list of people I'd never draft, but I might have to add him to the list of people that I'd shoot on site. I might even have to put him higher than Barny the purple dinosaur.

There is no player I would not own if he was good because of any attitude.Its one thing to not want Westbrook as the injury status creeps up on him.But I would never not take Rivers because he is arrogant.Nor Peyton because some don't like him.If a player will get me points...Ill put him on my team. This is fantasy ball, Im not worried about team chemistry.
I'm not worried about chemistry either, but this year I concentrated on only drafting guys I like/enjoy to watch, and I had a great season. Getting in the playoffs made it a good season, but I really enjoyed having more interesting/higher risk players like Bush/BMarshall rather than less interesting/less risk guys like TJ Housh/Jamal Lewis
:goodposting: Both good postings. I agree with both sentiments. Can't think of a guy who I wouldn't own outright because of personality/character, but those factors do factor into my evaluation of players. I think I always want to get the guys with the best stats, but can never manage to get the personal bias out of my own mental projections, though I consciously try. As I do auction draft, these biases definitely filter in, as I go into the draft with a few different scenarios for how I see my team shaping up each year. I do like to draft players I like to watch. Though I'm a Cowboys fan, I do like to watch McNabb and Jacobs; so, they were both on my team last year. Though I don't particularly care for Ray Lewis, I do manage to have Baltimore Defense on my teams on a routine basis. And so it goes.

I understand why people hate Stevens, but I think people need to understand the college setting. Women that get drunk need to know that bad things can happen to them, especially becuase many men do not respect them. Rapes would be decimated if women simply don't put themselves into bad situations.

I understand why people hate Stevens, but I think people need to understand the college setting. Women that get drunk need to know that bad things can happen to them, especially becuase many men do not respect them. Rapes would be decimated if women simply don't put themselves into bad situations.
While this is true, responsibility needs to be taken on all sides of this sort of thing.Women, be smart and don't put yourself in a situation where this is more likely to happen.Men, be good people.Oh and Steven Jackson is a guy I will probably not be drafting again any time soon. Somehow I am in the playoffs even with him this year (thank you Turner, D-Will and Slaton), but his sitting on my bench for the last 8 weeks has not brought any warm fuzzies to my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread