What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hard to evaluate keeper value here... (1 Viewer)

BloodyPigSkin

Footballguy
Hope everyone had a great offseason. I need to shake the rust off and get to work with this stuff! We get 1/tackle 4/sack 4/int and pts for forced fumbles & recoveries. I have to keep 2 of the following:Ray Lewis; Brian Urlacher; Kevin Williams; Charles GrantI'm having a far more difficult time looking at value in IDP than I do with offensive guys. I used to think just keep the LBs, but does anyone out there argue for the likes of Williams and/or Grant over the other 2...or more specifically, over Urlacher?

Hope everyone had a great offseason. I need to shake the rust off and get to work with this stuff! We get 1/tackle 4/sack 4/int and pts for forced fumbles & recoveries. I have to keep 2 of the following:

Ray Lewis; Brian Urlacher; Kevin Williams; Charles Grant

I'm having a far more difficult time looking at value in IDP than I do with offensive guys. I used to think just keep the LBs, but does anyone out there argue for the likes of Williams and/or Grant over the other 2...or more specifically, over Urlacher?
Do you start just DL, or is broken up into DE and DT? If they are split, there's almost no way you can't keep Williams. I'd try to trade one of your LBs and keep the other if possible.

Sorry, good question. We start 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2FLEX

No trading before draft
Hmmm...it's really a toss-up then. I'd probably lean towards whichever DL and LB you like the best. Hard to go wrong with any combo of two, but it seems DL is a thinner position overall and it'd be beneficial to have a good one locked in prior to the draft. But I am far from an IDP expert, so hopefully one of the big guns can stop in and give you a more experienced take.

I'd definitely keep one of the DL's and Lewis - that way you're not forced into looking for talent at the thinner position. I like Lewis more than Urlacher this year.

keep the LB'S they are like running backs on the defensive side of the ball and you have 2 of the top 6 on your team. you can always find value at the other two postions but you would lose to much value by giving one of those LB back.

I was thinking that LBs are like RBs...but the dropoff for DLs is so quick that I'm still leaning on keeping WilliamsORGrant over Urlacher.Anyone got doubts on Urlacher's health this season? I do...

I have questions about Urlacher's health, and even if I didn't I might still go the DL & LB route.The theory that LB's are the RB's of the D is nice, but in a league where you don't use a ton of IDP's the fact that most teams have 3 regular LB's and only 1 regular RB skews the distribution a lot. There will be a decent LB on your waiver wire before the season after the draft. Finding him may not be easy, but last year, I got Steve Foley off waivers before week one, after he won the Chargers WLB spot. We start 11 IDP's and it's dynasty with 45 player active rosters - 52 in preseason.

Users who are viewing this thread