What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harder now than ever to find replacement RB off FA / Waivers? Post the top 5 FA RB in your league. (1 Viewer)

Following onto this chatter from a couple days ago...another way to approach "how many RBs were drafted, and is the number trending up or down" is just to look at collected ADP data.

Assuming a 12 team, 20 round draft, any RB with an ADP under 240 was potentially draftable.  So how many RBs had ADPs under 240 over the past seasons?  (Yes, it's an arbitrary number...you could use any other reasonable cutoff and see basically the same thing.)

2016-2006:  81,93,87,83,80,83,75,80,82,79

Not a lot of overall variance there, but arguably an upswing from the low 75 in 2009 toward 93 in 2015.  The sharp downturn in 2016 is likely a reaction to last season's brutal injury cycle.
To some extent, sure.  

Though the topic has evolved a bit, and I've found it interesting to see how the perceived top 5 is changing week to week on various people's rosters. 

good way to track the "possibles" and evaluate them.  :suds:

To some extent, sure.  

Though the topic has evolved a bit, and I've found it interesting to see how the perceived top 5 is changing week to week on various people's rosters. 

good way to track the "possibles" and evaluate them.  :suds:
Yeah, different question to look at how much turnover there is in the "top 5 remaining" and how far players can rise or fall week to week.  Definitely interesting, but also lso much harder to track.  If I come up with a good way of quantifying that I may jump into that side of the discussion.  But I'd been chewing on this question since we first had the conversation, and finally thought of a way to put it to rest with some hard data.

DeAndre Washington- not sure how you rate but he looks up to form to me.  12 teamer 14 deep.  Most of the same bait mentioned in similar structures above are avail too

coo2ie said:
DeAndre Washington- not sure how you rate but he looks up to form to me.  12 teamer 14 deep.  Most of the same bait mentioned in similar structures above are avail too
He's a guy I'm looking at as an "under the radar" grab - I've got Riddick, and a lot of talk about 65/35 split, but you never know what role a big talented back might carve out for himself. Imma drop a back of the roster player for him as a lottery ticket. 8-10 carries + GL might be 12-team worthy & a Riddick injury away from being much more. 

If nothing else it's nice to know so many league's FA lists look as fugly as mine. 

That's amazing - do you have a high priority or a lot of FA $ to spend? 
I had a decent amt of money to spend, he went for 20% of the FAAB this week. I got Dwayne Washington for 6% :thumbup:

He's a guy I'm looking at as an "under the radar" grab - I've got Riddick, and a lot of talk about 65/35 split, but you never know what role a big talented back might carve out for himself. Imma drop a back of the roster player for him as a lottery ticket. 8-10 carries + GL might be 12-team worthy & a Riddick injury away from being much more. 
Deandre. Not Dwayne

I am big on Deandre. Due to suspensions and injuries I've had to release him but I'm hoping he doesn't make his huge break out until after I can add him back

Users who are viewing this thread