What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hats off to the Cardinals and their fans.... (1 Viewer)

Evilgrin 72

Distributor of Pain
Amazing game... and Arizona is a terrific team. One of the, if not the, most exciting Super Bowl I have ever seen. Cardinals showed guts, heart, and skill for days. Your franchise is in for really good things. Once the immediate pain of losing wears off, you'll remember this as an unbelievable season and the start of a new chapter in franchise history.

Let's do it again next year....

I considered Arizona a cinderalla team all season but the way they played tonight has forced me to reconsider. They played an excellent game and should be proud of what they accomplished this year and look forward to next season.

...and hats off to the Steelers. They deserved the win...the last drive was an all-time classic.

I can absolutely say that the Cardinals certainly earned my respect tonight. Basically this was an evenly matched game that came down to one final drive.

In the salary cap era neither of these teams will be back in the Super Bowl next year.
Not sure about this at all. Both teams have plenty of tools necessary to return to the playoffs next year.
... and the salary cap era could be over in a year as well.
Then both these franchises would be screwed.
Really? I would think that the Steelers would do pretty well with merchandising money.

In the salary cap era neither of these teams will be back in the Super Bowl next year.
Not sure about this at all. Both teams have plenty of tools necessary to return to the playoffs next year.
Really? I would think that the Steelers would do pretty well with merchandising money.
If the cap goes away, would the merchandising money being shared go away too?

Congratulations to the Steelers organization and their fans. Very entertaining game and a tough loss for the valley. Cardinals have nothing to be ashamed of and the Steelers have everything to be proud of. I hope the Cards can build on this and follow it up with a more convincing regular season next year.

If the cap goes away, would the merchandising money being shared go away too?
I have absolutely no idea if and how that is tied into the current collective bargaining agreement.

As a Cardinals fan, I say you can take your smug condescension and shove it up your ####### ###.
Wow. Then why dont you go play hide-n-go #### yourself. I have nothing but respect for the Arizona franchise. As much as I wanted to see a PA Super Bowl, I think the Cards were much more deserving than the Eagles. I hate Philly. Props to Warner, Fitz, Boldin, James, and the rest of the crew. This will go down as one of my favorite bowls of all time :bs:

Excellent game. Better than the commercials or the halftime show, and I can't always say that. The NFL wanted parity, and most of the Super Bowls since the Giants/Ravens have been very close.

I wanted the Cards to win, but 9/10 times, the Steelers would've won that game. I just felt they got overmathced at the line and the Steelers didn't played their best...very exciting game though.

I like the Cardinals a lot (but not a fan). This team could make quite a run over the course of the next five years or so if they can find a QB (assuming Warner plays 2 more years max). They don't need a great QB, either. Their D is really starting to come on & could be one of the league's best in time.

I actually thought Arizona would win, tho. I believe they would beat Pittsburgh 7 or 8 times out of 10. That said, the Steelers won & that's the only thing that matters. Congrats to the 'burgh. :moneybag:

In short, I think there's a new kid on the block. You guys (Cardinal fans) are going to have some really good times ahead, IMO. Bright, bright future under Whisenhunt. Dynamite offense & strong D = winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Cardinals fan, I say you can take your smug condescension and shove it up your ####### ###.
Thanks Tanner.
nice try... :P point spread covered, over covered. What a great game!! :DTough loss for Az fans but they more than proved they belonged in the game, they were the best team in the NFC and represented the conference well :thumbup: that Az defense played amazingly well the entire game...

Great game by both teams. It's was one of the most fun superbowls that I've seen in a long time. Congrats to the Cards for a great showing and congrats to the Steelers for #6.

Great game. Cards really earned my respect as did a majority of their fans. Class organization with a bright future.

I hate when the winning team tries to make the losers feel better with "Aw, you guys were so cute out there running around scoring touchdowns. Good job throwing and passing and tackling. I bet one day you'll be awesome like us."

I know you're trying to be good winners, but it comes off as condescending.

I hate when the winning team tries to make the losers feel better with "Aw, you guys were so cute out there running around scoring touchdowns. Good job throwing and passing and tackling. I bet one day you'll be awesome like us."I know you're trying to be good winners, but it comes off as condescending.
:thumbup: Even though we all know that Arizona will never be awesome.

It's was one of the most fun superbowls that I've seen in a long time.
This will go down as one of my favorite bowls of all time :goodposting:
I guess it just comes down to a matter of perspective. I personally thought it was a terrible superbowl. From the outset the officials took control of the game. They never let the players play the game the way it should be played. Now I don't have a dog in this hunt, and I'm not sure the officiating affected the outcome or not. What I do know is that it was the third highest superbowl oin history for penalty yards. The penalty yards against was basically a 2:1 ratio in favor of the Steelers (something like 106 penalty yards for the Cards and 56 for the Steelers) The officiating was horrible in the fact that it affected the flow of the game. Whether it made a difference in the outcome, I'm not ready to go that far, but it did make it less fun to watch.I almost wish the game would have been a blow out so I could have turned it off. I almost turned it off anyway after the phantom roughing the passer penalty on the first drive in the second half.

I hate when the winning team tries to make the losers feel better with "Aw, you guys were so cute out there running around scoring touchdowns. Good job throwing and passing and tackling. I bet one day you'll be awesome like us."I know you're trying to be good winners, but it comes off as condescending.
I was sincerely impressed by the Cardinals, who are a better team than I thought they were, and by their fans, who I think were classy and dignified on this board all along. Sorry if you view it as condescension, I just know what it's like to be on the losing end of a Super Bowl and it sucks. Just trying to remind the Cards fans that the team played its collective ### off and deserves some credit... they're more than just a footnote in history, this was a gutty, great football team I watched.

I was sincerely impressed by the Cardinals, who are a better team than I thought they were, and by their fans, who I think were classy and dignified on this board all along. Sorry if you view it as condescension, I just know what it's like to be on the losing end of a Super Bowl and it sucks. Just trying to remind the Cards fans that the team played its collective ### off and deserves some credit... they're more than just a footnote in history, this was a gutty, great football team I watched.
Agreed! As a Bronco fan, I also know what it feels like to be on the losing side of superbowls. I didn't think your original post sounded condensending at all EG. Pretty classy actually. Now go out there and enjoy your victory.

Cardinal fans, your team is definitely for real. I hope that you guys can keep your core roster together with the next couple years, and hope the Warner does not retire (although if he does he definitely deserves it). I consider this Super Bowl the best game of any sport I've ever seen. I respect all aspects of your team and am in awe of the WR talent on that roster. It was a great game, and although the Steelers won the game, it was a victory for the fans both teams and the NFL itself.

:lmao:

Evilgrin 72 said:
dgreen said:
Like I said, I know you're trying to be a good winner. But, it can easily come off as, "As a Steelers fan, I'm familiar with good football. As a Cardinals fan, you may not know what good football is. So, I think I'll take this opportunity to let you know that your team played well. And, since your team isn't as decorated as my team, you should probably just enjoy the success you had this year and not be too down. As a knowledgeable football fan, I think you guys will do well next year."They are a freakin' SB team. There aren't many teams that reach the SB that don't play their ### off and produce gutty performances. To say that you were impressed with them and their fans based on one game is kind of insulting to a fan that just went through 20 games of ups and downs with his team and is currently feeling the biggest downer. There's no worse time to remind someone that they played well (albeit not good enough) than right after the fact. They don't want to hear that, especially from the team that just beat them.Like I said, I'm sure the intentions are good. But, if I were a Cardinals fan, I'd just be :coffee: at all the well-intentioned Steelers fans.

dgreen said:
So you don't like sportsmanship shown by the winners. OK.

The Hank said:
Cardinal fans, your team is definitely for real. I hope that you guys can keep your core roster together with the next couple years, and hope the Warner does not retire (although if he does he definitely deserves it). I consider this Super Bowl the best game of any sport I've ever seen. I respect all aspects of your team and am in awe of the WR talent on that roster. It was a great game, and although the Steelers won the game, it was a victory for the fans both teams and the NFL itself. :coffee:
I totally agree with The Hank here. Great game and AZ showed that they could hang with the best of them. Wisenhunt is making them into a great team - almost did it last night. I'm excited for them for 2009. I'm a Vikings fan so I'm neutral on this game and I did not think EG's comments were condescending.

But, it can easily come off as, "As a Steelers fan, I'm familiar with good football. As a Cardinals fan, you may not know what good football is. So, I think I'll take this opportunity to let you know that your team played well. And, since your team isn't as decorated as my team, you should probably just enjoy the success you had this year and not be too down. As a knowledgeable football fan, I think you guys will do well next year."
OK. I hope most people didn't read it that way. I meant it more to say : "As a Steelers fan, I know what it's like to get this far and then lose. As a Cardinals fan, you're dealing with this for the first time. So, I think I'll take this opportunity to let you know that while I may have thought your team's playoff run was a little fluky, I was wrong. You have a great team in Arizona. Try not to let the fact that you lost this game make a season that was your team's best in 60+ years a negative. As a guy who just watched a few of your team's games for the first time ever, I think you have a great core in place and could easily be back next year."To Shining Path, who obviously shares your view, I would like to say : "Eat a turd.. we won you lost, you suck, we rule, we're good looking, you're not... attractive." Better? :goodposting:

But, it can easily come off as, "As a Steelers fan, I'm familiar with good football. As a Cardinals fan, you may not know what good football is. So, I think I'll take this opportunity to let you know that your team played well. And, since your team isn't as decorated as my team, you should probably just enjoy the success you had this year and not be too down. As a knowledgeable football fan, I think you guys will do well next year."
OK. I hope most people didn't read it that way. I meant it more to say : "As a Steelers fan, I know what it's like to get this far and then lose. As a Cardinals fan, you're dealing with this for the first time. So, I think I'll take this opportunity to let you know that while I may have thought your team's playoff run was a little fluky, I was wrong. You have a great team in Arizona. Try not to let the fact that you lost this game make a season that was your team's best in 60+ years a negative. As a guy who just watched a few of your team's games for the first time ever, I think you have a great core in place and could easily be back next year."To Shining Path, who obviously shares your view, I would like to say : "Eat a turd.. we won you lost, you suck, we rule, we're good looking, you're not... attractive." Better? :)
:goodposting:That's better.I think the keys are:1) Who says it.2) When it's said.3) Most importantly, you don't really know what it's like for them. Being a fan of a good franchise and losing a championship is probably different. They are fans of arguably the worst franchise in professional sports. For them, this could have been a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

shredhead said:
eric rymer said:
poopdawg said:
This will go down as one of my favorite bowls of all time :goodposting:
I guess it just comes down to a matter of perspective. I personally thought it was a terrible superbowl. From the outset the officials took control of the game. They never let the players play the game the way it should be played. Now I don't have a dog in this hunt, and I'm not sure the officiating affected the outcome or not. What I do know is that it was the third highest superbowl oin history for penalty yards. The penalty yards against was basically a 2:1 ratio in favor of the Steelers (something like 106 penalty yards for the Cards and 56 for the Steelers) The officiating was horrible in the fact that it affected the flow of the game. Whether it made a difference in the outcome, I'm not ready to go that far, but it did make it less fun to watch.I almost wish the game would have been a blow out so I could have turned it off. I almost turned it off anyway after the phantom roughing the passer penalty on the first drive in the second half.
I really don't want to get into the officiating side of things. Honestly, that's an issue during every game anymore. Take away the multiple holding calls on Gandy trying to slow down Harrison and it would not seem so lopsided IMO. I still can't believe they didn't give him any help.For the record I did not have a dog in the fight here either. Just my observations.

dgreen said:
So you don't like sportsmanship shown by the winners. OK.
I already said that I think the intentions were good.However, I think the better sportsmanship is to leave it alone for a while. Let them get over it first. And, once you've done that, be careful not to talk to them like a kindergartner just because their franchise has been the suck and yours is one of the best the last 30+ years.

Evilgrin 72 said:
dgreen said:
Like I said, I know you're trying to be a good winner. But, it can easily come off as, "As a Steelers fan, I'm familiar with good football. As a Cardinals fan, you may not know what good football is. So, I think I'll take this opportunity to let you know that your team played well. And, since your team isn't as decorated as my team, you should probably just enjoy the success you had this year and not be too down. As a knowledgeable football fan, I think you guys will do well next year."They are a freakin' SB team. There aren't many teams that reach the SB that don't play their ### off and produce gutty performances. To say that you were impressed with them and their fans based on one game is kind of insulting to a fan that just went through 20 games of ups and downs with his team and is currently feeling the biggest downer. There's no worse time to remind someone that they played well (albeit not good enough) than right after the fact. They don't want to hear that, especially from the team that just beat them.Like I said, I'm sure the intentions are good. But, if I were a Cardinals fan, I'd just be :) at all the well-intentioned Steelers fans.
Next time one of us Steeler fans will start a thread and say something like "The Steelers are the best, they kicked the Cards ##### like no other. Ha ha ha neener neener neener."But for some reason, you guys would whine about that too I am thinking.

shredhead said:
eric rymer said:
poopdawg said:
This will go down as one of my favorite bowls of all time :lmao:
I really don't want to get into the officiating side of things. Honestly, that's an issue during every game anymore. Take away the multiple holding calls on Gandy trying to slow down Harrison and it would not seem so lopsided IMO. I still can't believe they didn't give him any help.For the record I did not have a dog in the fight here either. Just my observations.
Fair enough, and also for the record, it was a very exciting game at the end. I guess my statement that it was a terrible superbowl was a little extreme. I stand by part of my statement in the fact that the first 3 and a half quarters were hard to watch because the officials controlled the flow of the game instead of the players.

Evilgrin 72 said:
dgreen said:
Like I said, I know you're trying to be a good winner. But, it can easily come off as, "As a Steelers fan, I'm familiar with good football. As a Cardinals fan, you may not know what good football is. So, I think I'll take this opportunity to let you know that your team played well. And, since your team isn't as decorated as my team, you should probably just enjoy the success you had this year and not be too down. As a knowledgeable football fan, I think you guys will do well next year."They are a freakin' SB team. There aren't many teams that reach the SB that don't play their ### off and produce gutty performances. To say that you were impressed with them and their fans based on one game is kind of insulting to a fan that just went through 20 games of ups and downs with his team and is currently feeling the biggest downer. There's no worse time to remind someone that they played well (albeit not good enough) than right after the fact. They don't want to hear that, especially from the team that just beat them.Like I said, I'm sure the intentions are good. But, if I were a Cardinals fan, I'd just be :) at all the well-intentioned Steelers fans.
Next time one of us Steeler fans will start a thread and say something like "The Steelers are the best, they kicked the Cards ##### like no other. Ha ha ha neener neener neener."But for some reason, you guys would whine about that too I am thinking.
Right. So do neither. I know it's complicated.

shining path said:
Haha. I get where you're coming from here. Last thing I would want to read as a Cards fan is a patronizing post from NFL Royalty amounting to a nice "there, there, you guys did your best" pat on the back.

shining path said:
Haha. I get where you're coming from here. Last thing I would want to read as a Cards fan is a patronizing post from NFL Royalty amounting to a nice "there, there, you guys did your best" pat on the back.
Wow. I'm NFL royalty? Thanks, dude.

Evilgrin 72 said:
dgreen said:
Like I said, I know you're trying to be a good winner. But, it can easily come off as, "As a Steelers fan, I'm familiar with good football. As a Cardinals fan, you may not know what good football is. So, I think I'll take this opportunity to let you know that your team played well. And, since your team isn't as decorated as my team, you should probably just enjoy the success you had this year and not be too down. As a knowledgeable football fan, I think you guys will do well next year."They are a freakin' SB team. There aren't many teams that reach the SB that don't play their ### off and produce gutty performances. To say that you were impressed with them and their fans based on one game is kind of insulting to a fan that just went through 20 games of ups and downs with his team and is currently feeling the biggest downer. There's no worse time to remind someone that they played well (albeit not good enough) than right after the fact. They don't want to hear that, especially from the team that just beat them.Like I said, I'm sure the intentions are good. But, if I were a Cardinals fan, I'd just be :shrug: at all the well-intentioned Steelers fans.
Right. So do neither. I know it's complicated.
It's a message board. I know it's complicated. :thumbup:

shining path said:
The Duke of DookieThe Earl of Undies

This would make the Ox and Yams royalty as well. Do they know?

shining path said:
Steelers 2012 - 2030 = Packers 1970 - 1988 It could happen.

Users who are viewing this thread