What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help Please - Kicking tires on Rate My Team? (1 Viewer)

Worked great for me. There was one bug in the assessment "This team is brutal. It is below average and/or too thin at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver)." (That comment is intended as humor)

Worked for me. The commentaries are a nice touch, will be interesting to come back to that later in the season. My report starts with "Let us say this as nicely as we can." So I don't like that. It's not wrong.

One observation to add. At the bottom of the report there is a strength of schedule section that lists all my players and their opponents week to week. There aren't any color coding or indication whether that opponent is good or bad, should there be? Hard to call it a strength of schedule without some kind of grading there, it's just a schedule grid otherwise.

The one thing I’ve noticed is that it seems to penalize teams chances of making the playoffs that are currently missing a kicker and/or team defense.

It would be nice if the system could somehow just plug the highest rated free agent for those spots since it seems to know who is available.

I don’t know how many others it applies to others but in my dynasty league many teams don’t carry these positions in the off-season and our waivers haven’t occurred yet so those teams are missing those spots. When I plug in a team defense and kicker manually their chances go up quite a bit.

Hi Folks,

If you've drafted, could you please see if this page is working properly for you https://www.footballguys.com/rate-my-team

It's a way for people to let us rate their team.

I want to call out to the masses but wanted to make sure all was working right.

Thank you.
Can’t handle “team kicker” format.

Seems like some sort of redirect could be used to point “ravens TK” to “Justin tucker” within the database, no?

did the sync work? yes (w/sleeper)

does the insight? not so sure..... "Your bench also looks good. We don't particulary like Damien Harris as a 3rd Running Back. Rashaad Penny is also a liability at 4th Running Back. We don't particulary like Jerome Ford as a 5th Running Back."

I mean... I do my own ranking and draft according to me... but the above seems a bit.... i dunno... wild?

what the hell you expecting as rb3,4,5? :lol: is it good or not? you got me confused.

Works great.

It might be good to have different algorithm for dynasty leagues. My team is stacked, so I have an A+ rating and the best team. But it's also getting old, so for dynasty, it may not actually be the best team, and a team with good young talent that is graded poorly may be a really good team.

Not sure if this was known but if it rates the entire league team by team some of the teams get a "E" letter grade. Not sure why that is.

Otherwise, pretty spot on and very nice tool!

does the insight? not so sure..... "Your bench also looks good. We don't particulary like Damien Harris as a 3rd Running Back. Rashaad Penny is also a liability at 4th Running Back. We don't particulary like Jerome Ford as a 5th Running Back."

I mean... I do my own ranking and draft according to me... but the above seems a bit.... i dunno... wild?

what the hell you expecting as rb3,4,5? :lol: is it good or not? you got me confused.

I'm not sure I understand what is "wild" or confusing. The report is what Footballguys thinks of your team. Damien Harris is our RB 38. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/duration/preseason?pos=rb In a twelve team league, we don't particularly like him as your 3rd best RB. Same with Rashad Penny who is our RB51 and Jerome Ford who is our RB57.

You may love them there. Or you may be stacked in other positions and sacrificing some at RB.

Am I understanding what you mean?

Works great.

It might be good to have different algorithm for dynasty leagues. My team is stacked, so I have an A+ rating and the best team. But it's also getting old, so for dynasty, it may not actually be the best team, and a team with good young talent that is graded poorly may be a really good team.

Thanks. Yes, I would love to add a dynasty element to it possibly for next year.

I'm not sure I understand what is "wild" or confusing. The report is what Footballguys thinks of your team. Damien Harris is our RB 38. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/duration/preseason?pos=rb In a twelve team league, we don't particularly like him as your 3rd best RB. Same with Rashad Penny who is our RB51 and Jerome Ford who is our RB57.

You may love them there. Or you may be stacked in other positions and sacrificing some at RB.

Am I understanding what you mean?

well, yes and no. the first 5 words say my bench looks good, then proceeds to tell me it's hot trash that they think i should have done better on.

If you've drafted
lol "if we've drafted"

yeah ok, no I understand. Well, it worked for me. Cool tool. The narrative tool has always left something to be desired IMO. Soulfly's example above is a perfect example of that. It says his bench looks good but says it doesn't like his RB3, 4, or 5. That isn't congruent. On one of my FPC teams (which admittedly I'm not clear on how much it understands or factors in league settings and so forth and that might matter in this example) it said it 'would be remiss if it didn't mention my lack of QB strength' and then listed Lamar Jackson as one of the top three players it liked the most on my team. The presumption I'm making is that since I didn't draft a second QB (because a lot of us don't in FPC when we take a top tier QB1) it considers me weak there. But...not really sure that adds up either. It said it didn't like my WR strength, which I disagree with, but that is at least a rational take in that it basically boils down to player takes, which is fine.

We've used ADP to guess who may be available....fetch that info too! These guys suggested stink. I wouldn't do this. Suppose a formula/algorithm that someone slipped thru the cracks- do that instead.

I thought it was oddly negative on my backup TEs who probably play one or two weeks and maybe get dropped in exchange for another TE picked up. Darren Waller as my starter should assure a pretty good rating. Kelce, Pitts...always been a solid FF tactic to get a top five TE.

Same with my 7th and 8th WR. They're compared on the whole and yeah they stink in that light. Of course, Tyreek Hill is eons better than Justyn Ross BUT Ross is a fun play as an eighth WR.

I'd grab starting lineup- rate that with rankings
I'd grab the backups- rate that with some "guys that could flash" article.

Cincy K McPherson had a negative review and that completely threw me. The wording was he's fifth and there are higher rated Ks. Yeah four of them. "Grab a kicker from a top offense" is a common theory.
Koo was like 12-14 rated and negative too. That's a fine ranking for a backup K. All the athleticism in the world at skill positions yet questionable QB play could be ripe for unfinished drives that are field goals.

Trevor Lawrence is the next darling QB? Or is he not? Big deal that Ridley was added? Staff writes a lot of positive vibes of Jax. Not Chiefs like but fairly positive and the review was kind of beat up for him being the twelfth QB.

Geno was beat up too. Can you love his targets and expect him to do poorly?

Grab any experienced staff member and relook at some negativity. All common things they'll sniff out for sure.

I think it looks great.
The functionality is fantastic.
I like the dot dot dot loading screen.
I love that it's emailed.
Excellent options to fetch leagues (could be a little prettier) and very slick n quick how the script does that.

I think you've got yourself a winner with just a bit of tweaking. Super nice script

I feel like my review was similarly super negative. Wanted to restate I really like it and am trying to help is all

Tested out ... MFL
Sync was fast and easy.
Report was quick .... even if I did not like the realistic outcome.
Offers good insight but does not show clear path to address shortcomings (like Trade Targets?)

Comments to potentially include
* rebuild material for young players
* needs help from other sources to be fantasy relevant (injury)
* might be a late season value / WW consideration

What is the purpose of the SOS by Player? Are they expected to get "color coded" later?

well, yes and no. the first 5 words say my bench looks good, then proceeds to tell me it's hot trash that they think i should have done better on.

Thanks. I'll see if something is up with the "looks good". It may be looking at your entire bench.

Another huge point on this that I find fascinating is how sensitive folks are. We may say "We don't particularly like this guy as your 4th RB" but what is heard is "your bench is hot trash".

It's not just you. I get a ton of those all the time where people take what we say way more negatively than the words.

These also stick with people. Every year at the end of the year I get people who email me their report where we gave them an honest grade of a B or so and they won their league. They usually include something about dunking on me or something fun like that thinking they've shown me. The reality is I love being wrong on those as I love the customer winning. The draft is only part of the season and in season waiver wire and starting decisions matter a ton. But people take a B on the draft grade as serious business. Which I love.

Thanks. I'll see if something is up with the "looks good". It may be looking at your entire bench.

Another huge point on this that I find fascinating is how sensitive folks are. We may say "We don't particularly like this guy as your 4th RB" but what is heard is "your bench is hot trash".

It's not just you. I get a ton of those all the time where people take what we say way more negatively than the words.

These also stick with people. Every year at the end of the year I get people who email me their report where we gave them an honest grade of a B or so and they won their league. They usually include something about dunking on me or something fun like that thinking they've shown me. The reality is I love being wrong on those as I love the customer winning. The draft is only part of the season and in season waiver wire and starting decisions matter a ton. But people take a B on the draft grade as serious business. Which I love.

Don't take it personally, Joe. I'm likely the best FF prognosticator to ever exist, so of course I'll be critical when my flawless creation has been criticized to be anything other than perfection.

But the tool works as intended on Sleeper... Which was all I really wanted to let you know 👍

Don't take it personally, Joe. I'm likely the best FF prognosticator to ever exist, so of course I'll be critical when my flawless creation has been criticized to be anything other than perfection.

But the tool works as intended on Sleeper... Which was all I really wanted to let you know 👍

For sure. I never take it personally. I just have learned that most folks do. It's human nature though and I totally get it.

If you've drafted
lol "if we've drafted"

yeah ok, no I understand. Well, it worked for me. Cool tool. The narrative tool has always left something to be desired IMO. Soulfly's example above is a perfect example of that. It says his bench looks good but says it doesn't like his RB3, 4, or 5. That isn't congruent. On one of my FPC teams (which admittedly I'm not clear on how much it understands or factors in league settings and so forth and that might matter in this example) it said it 'would be remiss if it didn't mention my lack of QB strength' and then listed Lamar Jackson as one of the top three players it liked the most on my team. The presumption I'm making is that since I didn't draft a second QB (because a lot of us don't in FPC when we take a top tier QB1) it considers me weak there. But...not really sure that adds up either. It said it didn't like my WR strength, which I disagree with, but that is at least a rational take in that it basically boils down to player takes, which is fine.

it is AI's way of saying, "No honey, those jeans don't make your butt look fat."

Hi Folks,

If you've drafted, could you please see if this page is working properly for you https://www.footballguys.com/rate-my-team

Thank you.

Seems like some sort of redirect could be used to point “ravens TK” to “Justin tucker” within the database, no?
This irritates me with regard to the Draft Dominator.

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

Thank you.

This irritates me with regard to the Draft Dominator.

Team Kicker and Team QB are on the wish list of things to look at for 2024 Draft Dominator.

We added this year Team QB to our Rankings https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/duration/preseason which is something people had asked for.

I like the Rate my Team feature built into the Draft Dominator, but it's annoying that it asks for email addresses to view the ratings of the other teams in my league. When the draft is over I want to be able to see the ratings for all the teams, not just my own. I understand you're trying to reach more customers but I ended up just putting dummy email addresses in there for each team to unlock the ratings which was a small waste of time for me and a waste of resources for you if you end up marketing to those fake addresses.

I reviewed all the team reports in my 10 man league.. 8 of them got a 'B", one got an "A+" and one got a "C"

So that could mean one of two things--A) My league has a great deal of parity or B) The reports are a little one size fits all and generic. Judging by the past seasons, I am leaning A.

Ever since I started playing dynasty, I've really gotten bad at redraft. For some reason. Just totally changed my outlook and I can't step out of the mindset. I've finished out of the playoffs twice now in Summerpalooza, fielding an almost all-time worst team last year. (Okay, I was trying to organize, run, and herd people into a reasonable format. It was also sixteen teams. I'll forgive myself. But I wasn't trying to suck, just going with a punk music theme. My team was awful. Johnny Rotten heaved gobs of maybe-necrotizing lung goo all over it.)

That's why when I get the comment "Are you sure you didn't draft a dynasty team?" I sort of :oldunsure:

No, i'm not sure, really.

eta* But everything is working fine. Seems smooth.

For the most part, it works very well. Biggest miss in a 12-team league where you can start a max of 3 WRs including the flex:

Lamb
AJ Brown
Waddle
Higgins
Godwin
Sutton
Alec Pierce

"We might suggest adding a bit more depth here." :wall:

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

Thank you.
Worked fine for me (CBSSports). I, ahem, don't agree with the FBG rankings of the squad I submitted and there was an odd sentence that got generated. But the experience was a good one.

Just had my first draft tonight, and it seemed to work well. Definitely more reasonable than Yahoo's thoughts, though some may consider that a low bar.
12 team league: 1 A-, 3 B+, 3 B, 3 B-, 1 C+, 1C. The player you seem the most down on is my kicker (Jake Elliott) who was near my last pick, so I can live with that.

I like the Rate my Team feature built into the Draft Dominator, but it's annoying that it asks for email addresses to view the ratings of the other teams in my league. When the draft is over I want to be able to see the ratings for all the teams, not just my own. I understand you're trying to reach more customers but I ended up just putting dummy email addresses in there for each team to unlock the ratings which was a small waste of time for me and a waste of resources for you if you end up marketing to those fake addresses.

You can do it from here https://www.footballguys.com/rate-my-team and it will rate your entire league.

You can do it from here https://www.footballguys.com/rate-my-team and it will rate your entire league.

That page doesn't seem to know that I've already imported my leagues though. Looks like I'd have to do it all over again, which is even more work than just putting in dummy email addresses.

Anyway just a feature request for next year, make the email address optional in Draft Dominator. After an hours-long draft where I've just input all the picks for my league in the DD, would be nice for the existing Rate my Team feature built into the DD to show the ratings for all the teams.

That page doesn't seem to know that I've already imported my leagues though. Looks like I'd have to do it all over again, which is even more work than just putting in dummy email addresses.

Anyway just a feature request for next year, make the email address optional in Draft Dominator. After an hours-long draft where I've just input all the picks for my league in the DD, would be nice for the existing Rate my Team feature built into the DD to show the ratings for all the teams.

I did my sleeper league this morning there and the entire thing imported in one click. Took 3 seconds and I had rating for every team. No emails entered anywhere. Not sure why it's not letting you do it.

I did my sleeper league this morning there and the entire thing imported in one click. Took 3 seconds and I had rating for every team. No emails entered anywhere. Not sure why it's not letting you do it.

When you finish your draft in Draft Dominator and click on the "Rate My Team" with the red button up in the upper left hand portion of the screen, it brings you to the team you've selected and that team only. The rest of the owners/GMs need an email address for it to rate another person's team. At least that's what I'm getting. So when you get the "Draft Finished!" in the upper left corner and select the "Rate My Team - HOT!!" button, it brings you to your team and your team only.

I think that might be what he's talking about.

When you finish your draft in Draft Dominator and click on the "Rate My Team" with the red button up in the upper left hand portion of the screen, it brings you to the team you've selected and that team only. The rest of the owners/GMs need an email address for it to rate another person's team. At least that's what I'm getting. So when you get the "Draft Finished!" in the upper left corner and select the "Rate My Team - HOT!!" button, it brings you to your team and your team only.

I think that might be what he's talking about.

What I'm saying is independent of Draft Dominator, you can go to https://www.footballguys.com/rate-my-team and it will rate your entire league with one click without entering any emails if you've synched the league already. Or at least I can.

@Joe Bryant Question .. can it compare and contrast a Team at different intervals ??
I made a big trade I want to see how it evaluates the new roster... but having the old data would be a nice benefit.
(Part of me wants to compare this vs the FBG App )

LOVE THE TOOL! Thanks
It is really fast and gives good info for the whole league.

Users who are viewing this thread