What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help Please - Kicking tires on Rate My Team? (1 Viewer)

What I'm saying is independent of Draft Dominator, you can go to https://www.footballguys.com/rate-my-team and it will rate your entire league with one click without entering any emails if you've synched the league already. Or at least I can.

Yes, that works. Two leagues I have are on Yahoo and it worked flawlessly. I'm just talking about the DD application straight to "Rate My Team," which is how I think Ignoratio Elenchi tried to do it. That's when you wind up with the email addresses.

But you're right in the sense that the other way worked flawlessly.

@Joe Bryant Question .. can it compare and contrast a Team at different intervals ??
I made a big trade I want to see how it evaluates the new roster... but having the old data would be a nice benefit.
(Part of me wants to compare this vs the FBG App )

LOVE THE TOOL! Thanks
It is really fast and gives good info for the whole league.

That's a good question. I THINK it should be able to take your new team before the season starts and analyze it the same way. But not certain.

The next step for development would be doing in season Rate My Team type stuff. Week 4 report tells you where you're strong and weak and suggests moves. That kind of thing. Future stuff to talk about.

I did my sleeper league this morning there and the entire thing imported in one click. Took 3 seconds and I had rating for every team. No emails entered anywhere. Not sure why it's not letting you do it.

When you finish your draft in Draft Dominator and click on the "Rate My Team" with the red button up in the upper left hand portion of the screen, it brings you to the team you've selected and that team only. The rest of the owners/GMs need an email address for it to rate another person's team. At least that's what I'm getting. So when you get the "Draft Finished!" in the upper left corner and select the "Rate My Team - HOT!!" button, it brings you to your team and your team only.

I think that might be what he's talking about.

What I'm saying is independent of Draft Dominator, you can go to https://www.footballguys.com/rate-my-team and it will rate your entire league with one click without entering any emails if you've synched the league already. Or at least I can.

Maybe I'm missing something but when I go to that link it's asking me where my league is hosted as if I'm a new user.

Maybe I'm missing something but when I go to that link it's asking me where my league is hosted as if I'm a new user.

Can you follow the prompts from that page? Select the platform and then log in?
Sure but that’s my point, I already have my leagues synced on the website. Why would I need to do that again to rate my team?

I guess I dont understand your question then.

You wrote:

I like the Rate my Team feature built into the Draft Dominator, but it's annoying that it asks for email addresses to view the ratings of the other teams in my league. When the draft is over I want to be able to see the ratings for all the teams, not just my own. I understand you're trying to reach more customers but I ended up just putting dummy email addresses in there for each team to unlock the ratings which was a small waste of time for me and a waste of resources for you if you end up marketing to those fake addresses.

I'm saying you can go to https://www.footballguys.com/rate-my-team

1. Select the platform that hosts your league.

2. Enter your log in information to log into the platform and the leagues you have on that platform will display.

3. Click "Rate My League" and every team in your league will be displayed with our grade. And you can click the "Read The Report" button on each team to read the full report.

Takes about 5 seconds total and requires zero entering of email addresses.

Works great Joe! One note, in the outlooks for your players section, there seems to be some errors. Example, Gus Edwards says he was put on PUP on Aug 23rd(had a minor heart attack when I read this, haha). Another one, comments on KJ Osborn include comments about Theilen will continue to be a favourite target of Cousins.

It’s a fun tool overall!

Sure but that’s my point, I already have my leagues synced on the website. Why would I need to do that again to rate my team?

You wrote:

I like the Rate my Team feature built into the Draft Dominator, but it's annoying that it asks for email addresses to view the ratings of the other teams in my league. When the draft is over I want to be able to see the ratings for all the teams, not just my own. I understand you're trying to reach more customers but I ended up just putting dummy email addresses in there for each team to unlock the ratings which was a small waste of time for me and a waste of resources for you if you end up marketing to those fake addresses.

2. Enter your log in information to log into the platform and the leagues you have on that platform will display.

3. Click "Rate My League" and every team in your league will be displayed with our grade. And you can click the "Read The Report" button on each team to read the full report.

Right, so my point is that I've already synced my league and completed my draft in DD, and now I want to see how all the teams in my league are rated post-draft. And you're saying that my options are:

- Click the "Rate my Team" button in DD and enter an email address for each of the teams whose rating I want to see, or
- Navigate back to the homepage and then to a different "Rate my Team" page where I need to do the login and sync flow again for my league for some reason.

You don't understand why both of those options are inferior to just showing me the ratings for all the teams in my league that I've already synced to your website?

You wrote:

Right, so my point is that I've already synced my league and completed my draft in DD, and now I want to see how all the teams in my league are rated post-draft. And you're saying that my options are:

- Click the "Rate my Team" button in DD and enter an email address for each of the teams whose rating I want to see, or
- Navigate back to the homepage and then to a different "Rate my Team" page where I need to do the login and sync flow again for my league for some reason.

You don't understand why both of those options are inferior to just showing me the ratings for all the teams in my league that I've already synced to your website?

I totally understand how it would be superior to have in the Draft Dominator and possibly next year we might be able to add that functionality.

I'm saying today, when you said, "it's annoying that it asks for email addresses to view the ratings of the other teams in my league. When the draft is over I want to be able to see the ratings for all the teams, not just my own", I offered a simple solution where can do exactly what you're asking for in 5 seconds if you want to.

I totally understand how it would be superior to have in the Draft Dominator and possibly next year we might be able to add that functionality.

I'm saying today, when you said, "it's annoying that it asks for email addresses to view the ratings of the other teams in my league. When the draft is over I want to be able to see the ratings for all the teams, not just my own", I offered a simple solution where can do exactly what you're asking for in 5 seconds if you want to.

OK, forget all the stuff about DD and inputting email addresses. My feedback on the new page which is the topic of this thread:

1) It's silly that I would have to put in my login information again and sync my league which is already synced to your website on all the other pages.

2) For ****s and giggles I just tried to do it anyway, and after entering my info I saw a "Logging in..." modal for about 30 seconds which then disappeared, leaving me on the login page with no feedback. I clicked log in again and the same thing happened. I closed the tab and navigated back to it in a new one and tried a third time with the same result. So the page didn't work for me. :shrug:

Edit: Worked on the 4th try. Took about 45 seconds to sync and display the results. 👍

Last edited:

OK, forget all the stuff about DD and inputting email addresses. My feedback on the new page which is the topic of this thread:

1) It's silly that I would have to put in my login information again and sync my league which is already synced to your website on all the other pages.

2) For ****s and giggles I just tried to do it anyway, and after entering my info I saw a "Logging in..." modal for about 30 seconds which then disappeared, leaving me on the login page with no feedback. I clicked log in again and the same thing happened. I closed the tab and navigated back to it in a new one and tried a third time with the same result. So the page didn't work for me. :shrug:

Not sure what would cause that as it seems to be working for everyone else. For my sleeper league, it synched instantly.

Could be a traffic issue with the league platform as this is a peak day and time for sure.

It spit out a rating but I am not sure how much I trust it. It seems to contradict itself quite a bit with stuff like below average WR group but then go on to say everyone in the group is good and should be top players. Or do the opposite and say the group is one of the best but then say each individual player is lacking.

Taking it for what is it is as just an entertainment piece but it doesn't really seem to provide any actionable information.

Have a similar situation as Gally... synchs ok but seems a bit off. For 10 of 12 teams the overall review message is "reaching above ADP". Also noticed the position group contradictions he experienced.

Mine was 1 of the only 2 that had a different message: "are you sure this isn't a dynasty team?" in my case.

The one thing that clearly DID NOT work is the Strength of Schedule index. It shows the game schedule for each player but there is no color code or analysis for good vs tough matchups as typically is the case.

Works great Joe! One note, in the outlooks for your players section, there seems to be some errors. Example, Gus Edwards says he was put on PUP on Aug 23rd(had a minor heart attack when I read this, haha). Another one, comments on KJ Osborn include comments about Theilen will continue to be a favourite target of Cousins.

It’s a fun tool overall!
Ran into the same problem last night. It was loading news updates from 2022 for some of my guys. I had totally forgotten that Najee Harris had a lisfranc injury last summer and when I saw the report in Rate My Team dated August 28th saying that he had been struggling with a lisfranc injury all summer I freaked out a bit before realizing that I was reading it on the 27th and something didn’t make sense.

ETA: otherwise it seems like a good tool to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of teams.

Not sure how feasible either of these things are to implement in the future, but would be cool to see:

1) Injury risk overall and injury risk by position. I know a lot of the guys doing projections will project games missed. Knowing how much injury risk I have overall on my team and by position would be good to see.

2) Would be cool to see some sort of analysis on floor versus ceiling. Not sure how that would be shown or quantified (other than by comparing projections or just using guys who project both low and top end potentials). But analysis, especially at the end of my roster gets wonky because I know it’s comparing FBG rankings to the guys I drafted, but at the end of my draft I’m not drafting for most likely outcome, I’m drafting for upside. So yeah, my 6th WR Mims Jr is going to be given a low ranking by the tool, but I’d rather take a flier there on a guy who could surprise and be a breakout guy over Zay Jones, a proven middle of the pack limited upside guy. I think that’s likely true for a lot of drafters.

Seeing if my team is a high variance versus more predictable but more limited upside would be interesting. Especially if broken down by position.

Last edited:
It won't take my ESPN login.
I have the same problem.
I have having this issue for the sync of leagues. It wouldn't update the sync for my espn leagues and the FAQ directions were to delete the leagues and then re-add them. I deleted the leagues and not it won't let me re-add them because I when I add my log in credentials it just spins and then says cannot log in.

As a mentally ill person who does way too many mock drafts and then tests them in the Rate My Team I find it very useful to test strategy but sometimes I think it missed on one area. My 4th-5th RB/WRs are usually shots for upside not expecting they will play unless they break out. Or they are a handcuff. I don't expect my 5th in either catagory to stay on the roster as I churn through WW moves after the season begins. Not sure HOW you would change that but just a thought.

My league had 9 teams with a C.

It would be nice to have a rank of the teams in the league from 1-12. That way when a bunch of people get the same grade, at least there’s some indication of who FBG thinks is better

Or, grade every league on a curve. Some teams have to be better than others, so in a 10 team league there should be 2 of each grade. In a 12 team league maybe there’s 4 C’s, and two of all the other grades.

I'm having the same issues as others above with the ESPN sync of leagues, and my messages to Football Guys haven't received any helpful info. The response said to add the league manually, but that doesn't help after the draft since the main benefit of the tool is to identify who is already on other teams (and mine). Please provide an update on when this will be fixed. It's been broken for several days. Thanks!

Broken here. Won't accept espn login. When I try to enter manually, I get an error popup that my team name isn't correct.

I saw a Zendesk post indicating that FBG is aware of the ESPN synch issue and they're working on it. But no details or ETA.

I wonder if ESPN changed their API (or otherwise moved to block 3rd party scrapers). That would suck.

@Joe Bryant works fine for MFL leagues, it just is showing last years news in the news section underneath. Talks about a bunch of things happening on Thursday Aug 19th, and about players that aren't even on that team anymore. Cheers.

Broken here. Won't accept espn login. When I try to enter manually, I get an error popup that my team name isn't correct.

I saw a Zendesk post indicating that FBG is aware of the ESPN synch issue and they're working on it. But no details or ETA.

I wonder if ESPN changed their API (or otherwise moved to block 3rd party scrapers). That would suck.
@Joe Bryant i have put in help requests for this and haven't gotten any responses (other than the initial we got your request response). Any idea how this is going or if it will be up soon.

It's not so much an issue for the rate my team aspect but I can't load my leagues to see free agent availability and rankings or draft prep based on individual league scoring settings. That is really the issue at this point.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

@Joe Bryant i have put in help requests for this and haven't gotten any responses (other than the initial we got your request response). Any idea how this is going or if it will be up soon.

It's not so much an issue for the rate my team aspect but I can't load my leagues to see free agent availability and rankings or draft prep based on individual league scoring settings. That is really the issue at this point.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
The worst part is the "fix" is to delete your leagues and then try and re-add them. So I deleted them and now can't get them re-loaded so all the scoring settings are gone if you wanted to just print a cheat sheet from the rankings page based on your setting. Not good.

We have a pretty big new solution we're hoping to have out tomorrow with a Chrome Extension for ESPN leagues. This is how our competitors handle the synching issues and I believe it's the right way.

Neat. I use Firefox most of the time but am happy to use Chrome for this purpose. As a former software engineer, I have always found MyFBG/League Dominator fascinatingly ambitious and would love to have been a fly on the wall for its evolution over the years.

@Gally @houston @heaton76 @Joe Bryant I just tried to setup ESPN leagues using the Chrome browser and it worked!

Edit: I mean league dominator. Haven't tried Rate my Team yet.

Edit 2: Rate my Team fails to login on Rate my Team, even on Chrome. But yay for League Dominator! :)

Last edited:
@Gally @houston @heaton76 @Joe Bryant I just tried to setup ESPN leagues using the Chrome browser and it worked!

Edit: I mean league dominator. Haven't tried Rate my Team yet.

Edit 2: Rate my Team fails to login on Rate my Team, even on Chrome. But yay for League Dominator! :)

Rate My Team worked from ESPN when this post first originated. But now that I have a second team on ESPN, it will not login for me. Also from Chrome.

Neat. I use Firefox most of the time but am happy to use Chrome for this purpose. As a former software engineer, I have always found MyFBG/League Dominator fascinatingly ambitious and would love to have been a fly on the wall for its evolution over the years.

Thank you GB. I'm not sure you'd want to be a fly on the wall with as frustrated as I've been with some things lately! I do wonder often if we're being too ambitious but we'll keep trying. Thanks for the kind words.

Hi Folks,

If you've drafted, could you please see if this page is working properly for you https://www.footballguys.com/rate-my-team

It's a way for people to let us rate their team.

I want to call out to the masses but wanted to make sure all was working right.

Thank you.
Joe,

Just did a draft where WR = TE and the "rate my team app" couldn't take that into account. Called my WRs "weak" when Waller and Kelce are on the team. FYI

Joe,

Just did a draft where WR = TE and the "rate my team app" couldn't take that into account. Called my WRs "weak" when Waller and Kelce are on the team. FYI

Thank you. There are still a bunch of scenarios it's not able to fully accommodate. Not sure we'll ever get them all but thanks for letting me know on this one.

Thanks for the feedback on some of the older news being displayed. Our tech guys were finally able to run that one down and I think have it solved going forward.

Thanks for the feedback on some of the older news being displayed. Our tech guys were finally able to run that one down and I think have it solved going forward.
Not sure if you saw the post earlier, but the strength of schedule index is not working. It shows the schedule for each player but with no color code or schedule analysis provided.

Just wanted to see if the tech guys are aware?

Thanks Joe

Not sure if you saw the post earlier, but the strength of schedule index is not working. It shows the schedule for each player but with no color code or schedule analysis provided.

Thanks Joe

Thanks. I think they are but I don't think they'll be able to get to it for a bit. ESPN is back to locking us out of authentication and we're busy refunding angry people. Fun times.

Thanks Joe

Thanks. I think they are but I don't think they'll be able to get to it for a bit. ESPN is back to locking us out of authentication and we're busy refunding angry people. Fun times.
No worries... as long as it is on the radar. Sorry for the ESPN mess.

Thanks again

Thanks Joe
this is fixed now, thanks for the heads up!

Thanks Joe

Thanks again

Please try again when you can and let us know.

Last edited:

Thanks Joe

Thanks again

Please try again when you can and let us know.
That fixed it. The color coding is there to highlight good vs tough matchups.

I thought there used to be an analysis section underneath the strength of schedule index. For example, if you had 2 QB's in a similar tier it would go over how the schedule falls for when to play which and how well the 2 are matched schedule wise. I may be wrong and this may have been in the individual positional review... but I thought it was a part of the strength of schedule section. No worries either way, the color coding was the most important part.

Thanks for this!

OK it finally worked for me and my ESPN league. One thing I noticed immediately is that I don't think it took our 2-QB league format into account. It ranked the team with the worst QB's (Jimmy G, Mac Jones) as the best in the league, and the writeup included the standard 1-QB advice of waiting til late to grab a QB.

Edit: It did take the 2-QB format into account in the position writeups further down. It's just the overall grade and the summary at the top that might be stuck in 1-QB land.

Last edited:
Yahoo gave my draft an F

Footballguys gave the same team a B-

I like footballguys opinion WAY more :laugh:

It’s a cool feature but it’s pretty generic. I don’t see how it couldn’t be anything else. In my home league there were a smattering of A‘s everyone else was a b+-b- and Daniel Carlson is below average?

Users who are viewing this thread