What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help Please - Kicking tires on Rate My Team? (1 Viewer)

I consistently open the season ranked last in my league based on the built in ESPN ranking tool. FBG tool gave me a B. With the Quote: "Are you sure this isn't a dynasty team?"

Funny. And, I suppose the hardest thing for me to do is not be seduced by sexy young upside.

Obviously I like this tool. But, Is there a way to have the tool view the league and team without having a login? Seems kinda fishy from a cybersecurity perspective, TNO..yaddayaddayadda. I read the small print. But, for some of us - sharing that data is a no-no. I considered changing the login deets post analysis. But ESPN/Disney makes it so hard I didn't want to bother. Entered in my team manually.

I don't agree with FBG's Rate My Team analysis. I drafted Lamar Jackson as the 4th QB off the board, yet I'm below average at the position. I assume this is because I don't have a QB2 rostered. There are 14 starting QBs available in the free agent pool. I'd rather use the roster slot on a lotto ticket at RB or WR heading into week 1 instead, and I'll bet most here feel the same.

EDIT: "Our numbers show it as being below average at all three core positions (QB, RB, and WR)," but I'm graded as B+. Obviously having Kelce at TE helps, but I'd expect teams rated as below average at QB, RB, and WR to grade lower.

Hey @Joe Bryant kicked the tires and after a few times through, one consistent weird thing:

We see both your starters at Running Back as below average. Our projections have Alexander Mattison ranked at #16 and Travis Etienne Jr. ranked 17th.

Your bench looks good and should help offset the unexciting starting unit. Tough to do better than Travis Etienne Jr. at RB3; he's a likely flex starter. Alvin Kamara is also a very nice RB4.

For some reason it can read the top 2 backs, but then keeps slotting in the 2nd one as the RB3 also. Not sure why.

Everyone got an A or B. All 12 teams are rated well. Maybe we all drafted well? I got a 94 out of a 100. I know for a fact I did not draft well. I took Kupp 14th overall and Cousins is my starting QB. 🫣

Works fine. The problem I have with it is the same problem I have with it every year: it's exclusively geared towards 1 QB leagues.

Apparently I have too many QBs and should consider dropping one. Thanks, I'm in a 12 team super flex league, it's a good idea to have at least two starters, and maybe a third for trade bait (or injury, ineffectiveness contingency).

It's a fun process and I have no concern that it doesn't apply to my, not uncommon, league format but it's a fun distraction and not much more. Not sure that would change even if it "understood" my league, not complicated and quite common league configuration.

But, it worked as best as it is able so no worries there.

It worked for me (MFL), but it seems to be only for redraft.

That's correct. Maybe dynasty one day.
Yeah I noticed on a couple of my (dynasty) leagues, there was a "F" grade with the comment "Is this a dynasty league?" - well, yes it is.

I'm sure dynasty rating would be way more complicated, since the grade would depend on knowing/guessing if a particular team was in a rebuild mode or just not very good at the hobby.

It worked for me (MFL), but it seems to be only for redraft.

That's correct. Maybe dynasty one day.
Yeah I noticed on a couple of my (dynasty) leagues, there was a "F" grade with the comment "Is this a dynasty league?" - well, yes it is.

I'm sure dynasty rating would be way more complicated, since the grade would depend on knowing/guessing if a particular team was in a rebuild mode or just not very good at the hobby.

Thanks. Yes, dynasty would be tons more complicated and honestly not something I'm sure we're capable of. But it's big mistake on our part to not be more clear on the front end that it's for redraft only leagues. Apologies there.

I don't agree with FBG's Rate My Team analysis. I drafted Lamar Jackson as the 4th QB off the board, yet I'm below average at the position. I assume this is because I don't have a QB2 rostered. There are 14 starting QBs available in the free agent pool. I'd rather use the roster slot on a lotto ticket at RB or WR heading into week 1 instead, and I'll bet most here feel the same.

EDIT: "Our numbers show it as being below average at all three core positions (QB, RB, and WR)," but I'm graded as B+. Obviously having Kelce at TE helps, but I'd expect teams rated as below average at QB, RB, and WR to grade lower.
Yeah it doesn't recognize the strategy of rostering only one QB or one TE. Grabbing one on the bye week is how I usually operate. I think the thing is it should emphasize the starting roster and secondary RB/WRs and then the bench is kind of a 5% thing. Well I don't know what percentage but the bench isn't critical when WW can change your bench in the first couple weeks.

I can't get it to run my NFL.com league. I tried like 7 times. A few times it timed out and wouldn't log in, then it logged in but couldn't find my league. Finally, it logged in and found my league but couldn't find or load the roster.

I just gave up and manually loaded it.

It's a feature I truly enjoy. It's not perfect, I'm not perfect, and it's all just opinion. But for instant analysis that makes sense most of the time, I think it's an awesome offering and I appreciate you having it.

So this is my opportunity to say thank you.

Did a few more mocks and got the RB2 RB3 mixup again. A team with Kamara, J Cook, and Etienne, and it gives the As a RB1 and 2 youre a bit underwhelming, but then skips the third one and n next paragraph says The RB3 (same name) is a great RB3. It's like double reading one RB and missing another.

Took a few tries to get my rt sports league to sync up but worked fine once it did.
Things that seem off a bit
- all teams have the same playoff chances whether ranked A+ or C-
- most of the players listed in the add off waivers section are already on teams
- the weekly scoring projections either don't take my scoring system into account or are capped at 120. Average scores in my league usually in the 140's

NFL.com giving me "Login attempt not successful".

I have yet to get this to work after over a dozen attempts.

I apologize for the troubles. The bad gateway issue is resolving now. Please try again and see.

But for sure, by far the best way to let us know of any problems is please go to www.footballguys.com/help and click "contact support".

When someone mentions something here, when I finally see it, I send to them. You can bypass me and get help much faster going direct to them.

I apologize for the troubles. The bad gateway issue is resolving now. Please try again and see.

But for sure, by far the best way to let us know of any problems is please go to www.footballguys.com/help and click "contact support".

When someone mentions something here, when I finally see it, I send to them. You can bypass me and get help much faster going direct to them.

ESPN is still having trouble. But the other platforms should all be working now.

Users who are viewing this thread