What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hershel Walker makes statement "No reparations for black people" (1 Viewer)

Not making a comment on this specifically, but Libby is #######' terrible. ETA, this is privately funded, and not based on reparations.
It may not be government funded but its government directed, and it gives money only to blacks / indigenous families.  Just because it’s not officially caused reparations it’s a similar concept.

It may not be government funded but its government directed, and it gives money only to blacks / indigenous families.  Just because it’s not officially caused reparations it’s a similar concept.
Feels like a reparation/ubi experiment/hybrid. 

I actually disagree. I believe there should be "reparations" for black America, but not in the traditionally conceived manner as most would conceive of it.

The reality is the failures of black America to succeed, on the average ( obviously there are exceptions) is a gigantic tax on our entire society/culture. The cost is staggering. It impacts education, the court systems, law enforcement, property values, the birth rate, substance abuse, domestic abuse, the overall economy, the health care system and on and on and on.

You know what I said about gay marriage years ago here? If you support gay marriage, then you do.  If you don't, then you should want them to get married anyway, since who is married and happy in this life? Most married people I know despise each other. Many wish they were never married at all. Which means everyone, if we are looking at functional outcomes, should have supported gay marriage when it was an active discussion point.

People who generally like black America will want them to succeed.

People who are neutral to indifferent would prefer the cost savings on their taxes and society in general

People who don't like black America will look positively on any kind of reparations that simply detach them from day to day interaction with African Americans, which some forms of reparations will actually do.

Offer Detroit. You can have the abandoned homes and you won't have to property taxes ever. But you must live in that secure residence. Also it's an entirely black area, all hospitals are mandated to have black doctors, nurses, staff, etc, etc. All police in the area are all black officers. Black firefighters. Black owned businesses. Entirely black everywhere. Black celebrities will be pressured to start small  businesses in these areas. No more struggle with white police officers shooting black suspects. If black suspects are going to get shot, it will be by black cops.

Once you move in, you've gotten reparations. A home, cost free, if your lineage can trace back to slavery, and no property taxes ever. If you stay, it's yours. True land ownership in America. If you move, you can't sell the house, it's forfeited back to the program and you cannot ever get the same offer again.

For pro black America, true land ownership is very "American" at heart. Here's your chance to show the entire world that a  community that's all black and no interference from any other race will show what black Americans can do on their own.

For anti black America, it's a zero complaint structure. If it fails, black America has no one to blame but themselves. They got what many said they wanted, a society without white people in it. Go for it. See if you can make it work.

Think about it, everyone here with a mortgage. No rent, no mortgage, no property taxes. Ever again. How would you feel about that? You could work a little job and buy groceries and do utilities and live without some of your pressures. It's not perfect, you'd have to rebuild the home. But it's yours. The land underneath it is yours. The community, if it can be saved, is yours.

This is the kind of "reparations" I'd be OK with voting for and supporting. An actual litmus test of what black America can do on it's own.

Most of Detroit is abandoned anyway. It's not like giving black America Detroit is damaging other communities. Some will shout that there's no infrastructure, no stability, no support. Well, you got the land, make something of it. That's true America right there - Create the paradise you dreamed about. Make something great out of it. Build something you can leave behind for your children with pride and honor.

Charles Barkley said it best. That signs on jerseys and one the court are mostly pointless. Black America needs wealthy and powerful blacks building businesses and creating jobs and black centric communities. With that economic and power base, now you have actual political leverage.

And then I want silence. Pure silence. You got true ownership and a chance to build your own true community, that's more than many people have, so no more shouting and rioting and screaming and cancel culturing and woking everything into oblivion.

Anyone here have a problem with this?

GG..I agree.

I grew up in Detroit. 1000SQ FT ranch 5 people, 1 bathroom, no air.   All of the homes around us were very small but nice and people took pride in the area.  Black and white..everyone took care of their home.

Downtown, Corktown, Midtown where all the stadiums are at are all new, nice homes and condos built, bars and restaurants.  But those areas now are probably 90% white.

I could drive you 15 minutes from there to the east side where you would think you were in Beirut after a bombing.   Street full of trash, every other home either vacaand or burned out.   Homes with tarps over windows. Stray dogs everywhere.

This is where it has to start because there are places like this all over the country.   If they could start therer where people could actually take some pride in where they live and take care of it.  there is a lady in Highland Park that is right next to Detroit.  HP is a horrible..yet one lady saved a street.   Got people to work on homes, cleaned up, paint, fixed up the yard and now resdients love it.  They are trying to expand that but she is only one person.

So I would love to see the money put into rebuilding the black neighborhoods..how that can come about I have no idea.

GG..I agree.

I grew up in Detroit. 1000SQ FT ranch 5 people, 1 bathroom, no air.   All of the homes around us were very small but nice and people took pride in the area.  Black and white..everyone took care of their home.

Downtown, Corktown, Midtown where all the stadiums are at are all new, nice homes and condos built, bars and restaurants.  But those areas now are probably 90% white.

I could drive you 15 minutes from there to the east side where you would think you were in Beirut after a bombing.   Street full of trash, every other home either vacaand or burned out.   Homes with tarps over windows. Stray dogs everywhere.

This is where it has to start because there are places like this all over the country.   If they could start therer where people could actually take some pride in where they live and take care of it.  there is a lady in Highland Park that is right next to Detroit.  HP is a horrible..yet one lady saved a street.   Got people to work on homes, cleaned up, paint, fixed up the yard and now resdients love it.  They are trying to expand that but she is only one person.

So I would love to see the money put into rebuilding the black neighborhoods..how that can come about I have no idea.
Used to go to the HS basketball semis and finals every year.  Sad to see how many of those schools are gone now.  We lost three times to Det East Catholic.  It was in the worst part of town, but those kids had respect for the coach.

A functioning community needs some basic things

- A grocery store

- A pharmacy

- A hardware store

- A library and a gym

- A police/fire department

- A hospital and a bank

I would leverage money from black celebrities. It would be close to extortion almost ( how can they say No and maintain their public image?) but it would be a tax write off for them and they'd get the value of the positive PR.

You'd want a non profit grocery store. Creates jobs to start. Allows people to be productive. As many initial businesses as possible should be non profit. The idea is they should be self sustaining at some point but the point is to enrich the core of the community. I can't blame traditional corporate grocery stores from wanting to stay out, this is the basis of "food deserts" in many areas. So work outside that system. Create core businesses that are community owned and operated.

Money isn't funneling to some corporation, it's staying in the community. To start, you'd need basic barracks and work farms to grow food.

The reality is traditional investors won't want to come in on the ground floor and no one can blame them. You'll need Tyler Perry, Oprah, Denzel Washington, Charles Barkley, etc, etc, those with generational level wealth to invest.

No "white" money period. Make it all black, all the time.

If a cop shoots someone who is unarmed. It's going to be a black cop shooting an unarmed black person. No room to blame any other race or any other system for this.

If there's a problem with theft in the non profit black grocery store, then no one can say it's a byproduct of white oppression and driving poverty into the black culture. It will just be some ### hole who didn't want to pay for beer.

If there's a riot on the streets, it's not going to be about some injustice inflicted upon blacks and systematic racism, it's just going to be blacks pissed off about things other blacks are doing.

It's all yours. All the good, all the bad, all the responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread