What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hines Ward - Week 12 (1 Viewer)

NoCheese

turn or burn
Ward hasn't scored in his last 8 games against Baltimore & has a raw rookie QB throwing to him. Any reason to expect he'll have a big week?

I'm figuring he'll at least see quite a few looks since he runs the short intermediate routes and a lot of the WR screens go to him. I'd guess Ward and Miller get a bump, and Wallace and Holmes might get a tick downward.

I'm figuring he'll at least see quite a few looks since he runs the short intermediate routes and a lot of the WR screens go to him. I'd guess Ward and Miller get a bump, and Wallace and Holmes might get a tick downward.
I don't doubt he'll get looks, but will the Steelers be able to sustain any drives and get close to the end zone? Could see a 6 catch, 40 yard night.

Last edited by a moderator:
can't see how anyone gets a bump with a 3rd string Qb starting
I agree. I would not start any of the Wrs/TE unless my other options are completely useless.
Define useless. Like Austin Collie? Antonio Bryant? Or worse than that?
I would start Bryant over him. Collie maybe. I really don't think the Pitt WRs will do much. I'd rather be proved wrong and have sat them than have known better and still played them.

I had Ward as my starting #2 WR and Nate Burleson starting at my flex. Just bumped Burleson up to #2 and benched Ward. With Portis out, this leaves Cadillac Williams or Bernard Scott (if Benson doesn't play) at my flex. Yikes!

Just a little insight to what a fellow Ward owner is doing.

I think this is a good week to bench Ward if you have options. Unfortunately, in one league both of mine played Thursday. :goodposting:

I do have Burleson, but not sure that is an upgrade. Leaning toward sitting him for Cotchery in other league.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read in the paper today that Arians says they wont change what they are doing on offense drastically.

Actually how could they? They will have to score. The Pitt D will give up points especially without Troy P.

If anything the Steelers could find themselves down and having to throw to get back in.

The Steelers are no where near a lock for a playoff spot yet so this game is really important.

I don't know, but I think Ward and Miller are strong plays here. Security blankets for an inexperienced QB.

I had Ward as my starting #2 WR and Nate Burleson starting at my flex. Just bumped Burleson up to #2 and benched Ward. With Portis out, this leaves Cadillac Williams or Bernard Scott (if Benson doesn't play) at my flex. Yikes!Just a little insight to what a fellow Ward owner is doing.
I am starting Cotchery over Ward

I think Dixon is going to be lost. He may dump off a few passes to Hiney but can't believe they'll let him throw in the red zone.

Fabian Washington is out, Suggs is a game time decision... I would double think benching all Steelers.. Dixon isn't Ben, but he stuck on the roster for a reason. If they didn't have a love for Batch, he would be the backup no problem.

can't see how anyone gets a bump with a 3rd string Qb starting
I agree. I would not start any of the Wrs/TE unless my other options are completely useless.
:goodposting: Dixon really didn't impress me much in preseason. Going against Baltimore on the road in prime time for a game with playoff implications is not a good time to make your first start. I am hoping he will surprise us but I think Dixon starting is a downgrade to all Steelers WRs.

Users who are viewing this thread