What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Horror movie Saturday night hosts (1 Viewer)

Last night Svengoolie showed the movie "The Island of Terror" starring Peter Cushing(Grand Moff Tarkin Star Wars fame).

1966 British movie.  I have to say, I've been watch Svengoolie for about 2 years, and this is the first movie that genuinely startled me. Some crazy scenes with repeated 'viewer discretion advised' warnings from Sven.  

Last night Svengoolie showed the movie "The Island of Terror" starring Peter Cushing(Grand Moff Tarkin Star Wars fame).

1966 British movie.  I have to say, I've been watch Svengoolie for about 2 years, and this is the first movie that genuinely startled me. Some crazy scenes with repeated 'viewer discretion advised' warnings from Sven.  
He must be on a Peter Cushing kick - he played Dr. Frankenstein in the Hammer Frankenstein a few weeks back.

Tonight on Svengoolie:  Frankenstein meets the Spacemonster.

It sounds absurdly bad, and looking forward to it!

Saturday nights had The Ghoul.   More edgy and subversive, and more appealing to me.  It seemed like he might have split his time between Detroit and Cleveland, as he was on and off the air in Detroit from time to time.   
Your Ghoul was the intern of Cleveland’s Ghoulardi:
In 1971, Anderson's former intern Ron Sweed first appeared on WKBF-TV(UHF channel 61 in Cleveland) as "The Ghoul," borrowing the "Ghoulardi" character traits and costume with Anderson’s blessing, but with a name change because Storer Broadcasting still owned the "Ghoulardi" name. The Ghoul Show went on to air for many years in Cleveland, Detroit, and limited national syndication.

I was more a fan of Hoolihan and Big Chuck. Little

John

didn’t entertain me all that much. 

Hoolihan was definitely funnier from the old clips I've watched and from the re-runs of old sketches they used to run but by the time I was able to stay up that late (around age 9 or 10) Hoolian had left and Little John took over so I mostly recall the show when it was Big Chuck and Little John.

Hoolihan was definitely funnier from the old clips I've watched and from the re-runs of old sketches they used to run but by the time I was able to stay up that late (around age 9 or 10) Hoolian had left and Little John took over so I mostly recall the show when it was Big Chuck and Little John.
My favorite part was the knee slap/corny laugh at the end of a skit. Every once in a while I break out my imitation of it. 

Sventoonie is doing a limited run series right after Svengoolie.  Toonie the Tuna from the MeTV morning cartoon show 'dressed up' as Svengoolie.  

Haven't decided if I hate it or find it funny yet.  To be continued...

Users who are viewing this thread