What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houston Texans vs. Carolina Panthers (-8) O/U 43 (1 Viewer)

I have a question for you, what does Houston owe the NFL so they don't put a guy like Davis Mills in the starting B spot in Week 3 on a prime time TV game? If I was Goodell I would be livid, they have an All Pro Qb rotting away and you have to put this out there like it is real football. It is a real game but the quality is diminished and the Texans are hurting the NFL brand when they choose to do this...I understand Watson is the one who refuses but there are ways to push the issue if you are the Texans. 

It's a philosophical question and deserves an entire thread but what does Houston owe the viewing audience by being part of the NFL? Even with Tyrod Taylor injured it shouldn't come to this. Feels very lazy on their part. 
Don't blame Houston whatsoever for leaving Watson to rot. Right answer IMHO.

What a horrible game for fantasy purposes. Outside of DJ Moore owners, nobody came away from the train wreck of a game happy. TNF at it’s finest. 🤢 

I like this Harry, you might not be rooting for the team but yeah you want to see a guy make some progress. 

-I thought Goff in the 1st half the other night for Detroit showed that he can lead that team and they don't have to go find another QB right away but then the 2nd half things started to unravel and some of it was not his fault at all. Goff got lambasted when he arrived and I certainly said my 2 cents along the way but I was rooting for him the other night and will continue to root for him to turn things around there. I'm not a Detroit fan but I like a lot of the posters who root for the Lions and contribute here, they deserve better and I hope they get it. 

I like how you don't have to be a fan of the team or city to root for an individual player even beyond your FF team. 
Thank you MoP, back atcha!

Agree on Goff, btw, rooting for him as well.  I really liked what he had to say about the whole thing, too.  He's handled it well, not easy.

I have a question for you, what does Houston owe the NFL so they don't put a guy like Davis Mills in the starting B spot in Week 3 on a prime time TV game? If I was Goodell I would be livid, they have an All Pro Qb rotting away and you have to put this out there like it is real football. It is a real game but the quality is diminished and the Texans are hurting the NFL brand when they choose to do this...I understand Watson is the one who refuses but there are ways to push the issue if you are the Texans. 

It's a philosophical question and deserves an entire thread but what does Houston owe the viewing audience by being part of the NFL? Even with Tyrod Taylor injured it shouldn't come to this. Feels very lazy on their part. 
Can you imagine the backlash?

NFL STARTS SEXUAL OFFENDER ON MNF

#dickwatsonmnf

Them's words.

Cooks had a big night, though. And if you were truly desperate for a lot of things (like cerebellum) and started Darnold, then him, too. 
Good point. I forgot about Cooks. As for Darnold, he doesn’t even register on my radar. I don’t want to play in a dystopian nightmare fantasy football league where Sam Darnold has relevance.

I’m in negotiations with the Lamar owner in redraft. He’s the Ravens homer in our league & hates his QB, just can’t wait to get rid of him. He picked up Darnold as a backup half hour before the game.

I started Cooks, my opponent has CMC, and Chuba is on my bench.

It’s like hitting the superfecta.

... Houston drafted Mills and they believe in him enough that they used a 3rd round pick on him. Culley even got rid of Ryan Finley and Jeff Driskel (practice squad) because they like Mills.

As for the Watson situation, considering it's ongoing even if Houston actually activated Deshaun to play, he'd instantly be put on the Commissioner's Exempt list. Plus he doesn't want to play for Houston anyway.

Clearly you never play in superflex. I'm in a couple of 14 team superflex leagues...MILLS has relevance
You’re right. I don’t. And it’s for that exact reason. Like I said, I prefer not to have my enjoyment of Sunday’s outcomes depend on sweating out the performance of a scrub like Mills (or Darnold).

Last edited by a moderator:
What a horrible game for fantasy purposes. Outside of DJ Moore owners, nobody came away from the train wreck of a game happy. TNF at it’s finest. 🤢 
I had Moore & Burns (sack, PD, tkl), which helped temper the loss of CMC. I also traded for Chubba (for Tyson) last week, so at least I’m covered. It’s less than ideal. 

And I bet CAR -7.5, & parlayed CAR -8 + Titans -5, so that’s still in play, too. 

And had steaks & put a dent in a bottle  of super premium tequila with one of my favorite humans. 

All in all, a decent night. 

There are psychos to the left of me and psychos to the right. We have Blackbear, who quoted something I said six times the other day and responded each time with a personal insult. We have Construx "Sandusky" Boy who follows me around the board saying Sam Darnold lives rent free in my head because Carolina is on or commented on when I say he's terrible. 

Then you have the usual cast and crew and I'm not happy who the board drove off and who's on it. 

If you want seriousness. 
redacted

Three idiots have a lot to say. And tons of room, apparently. 

Harry Frogfish does his best work in the Green Bay thread, where everybody laughs at him. 

Blackbear makes no sense and is psychotic. 

ConstruxBoy was a king defender of Penn State and Sandusky back in the day. 

Those three clowns are irritating me. 

You calling me #####y is funny. HSG told me to watch for gendered responses to my avatar. I guess people see the female and just do it. 
redacted

I'm streaming qb on one of my National Contest Teams, and I very much enjoyed Darnold notching close to 30 points last night. So far in 2021, even in 1QB Leagues, Darnold's performance is absolutely relevant. Many things change year-to-year in FF. 

Really feel for Tyrod Taylor. Heck of a run of bad luck for what seems to be a pretty stand-up guy. Hoping he sees more time under center for the Texans after he heals up, as he seemed to be off to a decent start.

LOL at King defender. Maybe it's me that's living rent free in your head instead of Darnold?

:lmao:
Is this page where everyone is telling you JoePa knew and you play defender and tell people not to believe OSU and Pitt fans, or is that another thread?

Not saying your ultimate position is one of anything but condemnation, but you sure were slow to the party. Weren't Rudnicki and all these guys trying to tell you?  

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/621815-jerry-sandusky-accused-of-child-molestation/page/2/

Sounds to me like further delving into this matter will find you in defense of JoePa and paying attention to the legalities of everything. 

ConstruxBoy

Members.

Posted November 5, 2011

Horrible situation. Disgusting. But please, if you care about being rational, ignore the Pitt and OSU fans. They hate Paterno and are glad to see him in trouble. I've read and heard a bunch on this and if it is exactly as posted, then Paterno acted legally but should have done more to follow up. However, we may not know the whole story, for good or bad. I'm hoping (praying) that the AD or GA came back to Paterno after the fact and said forget it, it never happened. We'll just have to see. The Grand jury testimony is horrible to read, but makes it sound like it was pretty much undetected other than one complaint in 1998 that unfortunately didn't go up the chain of command and the 2002 incident. Should be interesting/disgusting to see what happens. Sad to be a Penn Stater toda

When it came to punishing Penn State's football teams, did you not say this? 

Members

Posted July 22, 2012

On 7/22/2012 at 11:28 AM, 'ConstruxBoy said:

Let’s not create new victims. Instead lets ask ourselves, “do I desire punishment for Penn State for my own personal satisfaction, or have I asked the victims what they want, and they told me it was.” If you truly want to do something in your moral outrage, yelling at the TV or via Twitter that “they” should take down a statue or give the death penalty to Penn State doesn’t hold a candle to putting your time and money where your mouth is, and helping actual victims through the innumerable charities available.

LMAO at the fact that you need to bring in Sandusky to "burn" me. What a loser you are. 

What a loser you are for defending Penn State through the whole ordeal, up to and including Paterno. I knew if I just searched, I remember you doing that. 

Welcome to rent. free. 

Good point. I forgot about Cooks. As for Darnold, he doesn’t even register on my radar. I don’t want to play in a dystopian nightmare fantasy football league where Sam Darnold has relevance.
against Houston? - doesn't seem like a bad move.

Some one started him in a dynasty league (over Burrows) and some one else in a 14 team redraft (over Fields) in the leagues I'm in - I don't think either were disappointed.

Just deleted a bunch of stuff. Keep this 100% focused on NFL and not little slapfights with each other or find a new board. 

If anything in your post references another poster here, don't post it. 

I'm sorry it's come to that with this bunch. 

And yeah, I've got low patience as just tested positive for Covid and my son's wedding is a couple of weeks out. 

Yes, that's what I was arguing. And your rush to defend guys hasn't stopped. What is the first thing you did when I brought up Parsons and Gross-Matos. You defended them. 

Believe me, I have nothing against Penn State. You can see that I believe in rehabilitation of University programs by my seeking to be a Penn State fan when Journey Brown and company were there. But then when allegations arose again, I'm one of the few that seemed to follow them through. And you immediately jumped to Penn State's defense again. 

What did you learn? 
Honestly, in the case of Parsons and Gross-Matos I think I was correct. The allegations have gone nowhere and it was overblown by Humphries and his lawyer. That's what some people I trust said. 

Just deleted a bunch of stuff. Keep this 100% focused on NFL and not little slapfights with each other or find a new board. 

And yeah, I've got low patience as just tested positive for Covid and my son's wedding is a couple of weeks out. 
Sorry to hear that Joe. Hope you get better quickly. 

Just deleted a bunch of crap. Keep this 100% focused on NFL and not little slapfights with each other or find a new board. 

Oh, man. Sorry to hear that, Joe. I hope you feel better and I wish your son the best with his wedding -- and that you can go. I really hope this isn't a serious case and that quarantine is enough. Best to you, man. 

Clearly you never play in superflex. I'm in a couple of 14 team superflex leagues...MILLS has relevance
Yep 

i almost started him but picked up Brissett instead :oldunsure:

You’re right. I don’t. And it’s for that exact reason. Like I said, I prefer not to have my enjoyment of Sunday’s outcomes depend on sweating out the performance of a scrub like Mills (or Darnold).
What? On average, darnold has been the #13 QB. Ahead of Josh Allen, Rodgers, Herbert, etc. that may very well change but Sam has actually been decent. And steady. 

Hey hope you feel better and mozel tov to your son

I don't know man. We start marginal RBs and WR's who are #3s on their teams ALL THE TIME. Seems to me that players touching the ball 50 times a game SHOULD ALWAYS be relevent.  Big reason why I love superflex

Users who are viewing this thread