What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How are you currently living in regards to Covid? 7/2/22 (1 Viewer)

For all intents and purposes, is Covid “over” in your mind?

• Covid doesn’t change how I live anymore

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • I still stay home for the most part

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I go out, wearing a mask and avoiding people as best I can

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I go out, no mask, but avoid people

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters
My co-worker only tested because I tested positive. Though she was experiencing worsening asthma symptoms, so she should have been a little concerned. 
Yeah. I am asthmatic…so that was always my worry with this.  So far been good with my lungs.  
Wife had it just over a month ago and just thought she had strep throat.   Had symptoms of that more than anything.  Then developed a mild but persistent cough.   She actually went to the doctor to test for strep and he didn’t think she had covid (and they were out of tests). Used our tests that the postal service had sent out and she was positive.

I’ve had 2 shots plus the first booster (Pfizer). Brought COVID home from work a couple of months ago. My case was mild, but of course Mrs. O got it and hers was slightly worse. Happy it wasn’t bad for either of us. Lately I tend not to wear a KN95 mask in public, but Mrs. O still does. We also avoid the public for the most part, but we live in FL so we do things off hours regardless.  I’ll be traveling next month by plane so I’ll probably mask up for that. I’m undecided about a second booster, but if I do get one, I’ll probably go Moderna.

Maybe good on the surface to get back to normal, but it still means there are a lot of people walking around with covid who don't know it. 
It's okay as long as the next coming variants are less severe. If that trend changes, it won't be good.

It's okay as long as the next coming variants are less severe. If that trend changes, it won't be good.
Disagree.  The point was always that people with covid are putting the vulnerable population at risk.  Not knowing you have covid and spreading it does exactly that. 

Voted 1. Living in Florida life was very rarely not normal. 
Amazing how we have the oldest population in the world here in Florida but we weren’t all wiped out when we reopened in May 2020. Also, we’re still not completely under water from all the icebergs not melting. So many sane people recently moved from the NY, Chicago, NJ and CA gulags to Florida that these states are now advertising in FL, begging their tax donkeys to please come back to their woke and broke states.

Disagree.  The point was always that people with covid are putting the vulnerable population at risk.  Not knowing you have covid and spreading it does exactly that. 
Exactly where I’m at. I have concerns of spreading it to my family and the potential for long COVID but I’m more worried about the older generation that make up the majority of customers in the pharmacy. Many of the most at-risk have removed all precautions because they think COVID is gone. I can stay home if I’m having symptoms or at the very least wear a mask.

Unfortunately my job, like many others, pressured me to come back to work while still sick. My boss tried to get me to come back 4 days after I tested positive even though I was still symptomatic. ‘Those aren’t the symptoms we’re worried about.’ I said no that but eventually had to return a couple days later with mild symptoms and still testing positive.

A little bit of care and taking minor steps when showing symptoms can go a long way.

Not impacting life and wearing masks only where needed. I have Covid now, got it on a trip to US last week. It has been flu-like, the worst was heavy fatigue and headaches. Have gradually improved so hoping today (day three) is the last day.  I have three shots but the last was in Dec, might be time for a 4th. 

Can’t remember the last time I wore a mask. I’m a small business owner, I’ve worked all the way through Covid. No choice, bills to pay. 

I chose Covid doesn't impact how I live.  I haven't seen a mask requirement around here in months (haven't been to see a doctor or to the hospital during that time so maybe they still have them there).  I'm WFH most of the time still but not because of Covid but because I can and I enjoy it much more than going to the office.  We eat out and I attend things like Atlanta United soccer matches, all without masks. 

I guess two small changes:  1. I'll gladly take a yearly Covid vaccine as I do with the flu.  2.I'm much more aware of not feeling well and I would still test if I had symptoms so I don't expose others.  I always stayed home if I was running a fever but now I'm even more cautious.  Being sick sucks and I hate the idea that I would give anything (Covid or other) to someone.

Users who are viewing this thread