What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How did you do? (1 Viewer)

1567.85 and I am definitely in. I am hoping to get my 1st and 2nd round draft picks back (Andre Johnson/Darren McFadden) and make a run!

Good luck to all.

League#1 - Put up 192 pts in wk10. Sitting 7-3 but most pts by 199 cushion over #2. Basically clinched the #2 seed.

League#2 - Put up 145 pts in losing effort. Sitting 6-4 and 4th in pts. If playoffs started today I'd be the #5 seed and just miss. With 4 teams tied for 3rd spot @ 6-4 I can still sneak in as #3 or 4 seed depending on final week.

Rustycolts, congrats on making it with your streak at the end.

With 11 teams in, I had some bad luck at the end and have no teams as either a 1 or 2 seed but did manage to get 6 teams into the playoffs (3 third seeds and 3 fourth seeds). I had 3 teams come in 5th which stinks but what are you going to do. On to next week, hopefully, I can catch some lightning with my 6 remaining teams.

Rustycolts, congrats on making it with your streak at the end. With 11 teams in, I had some bad luck at the end and have no teams as either a 1 or 2 seed but did manage to get 6 teams into the playoffs (3 third seeds and 3 fourth seeds). I had 3 teams come in 5th which stinks but what are you going to do. On to next week, hopefully, I can catch some lightning with my 6 remaining teams.
Congrats to you too hope you make a deep run.

Also made playoffs with my 5-6 team.I had 1.20 more points than a team that finished 8-3.I would not be a happy camper if I was him.Doesn't seem fair but I'll take it.

I made 4 playoffs out of 10 teams. I could have made 6 but last night cost me 2 leagues one by 5 pts and the other by 16pts. I also missed a another where I went 7-4.

I had Brady...could have had 3 more TD's Woodhead drop, Hernandez drop and Hernandez called back on penatly TD.

Brutal.

League#1 - #1 seed and 2nd oa thru reg season.League#2 - snuck in as #4 seed despite losing final game. Needed every inch of Gronk's performance to get the final playoff spot. 2 teams just missing out were both within 3 points of me! One of those 2 teams had Hernandez so it must have been frustrating to see the penalty and drops cost him a chance.

League#1 - Put up 192 pts in wk10. Sitting 7-3 but most pts by 199 cushion over #2. Basically clinched the #2 seed.League#2 - Put up 145 pts in losing effort. Sitting 6-4 and 4th in pts. If playoffs started today I'd be the #5 seed and just miss. With 4 teams tied for 3rd spot @ 6-4 I can still sneak in as #3 or 4 seed depending on final week.

so it looks like in the players championship how does it work? points total?who do you know who you are playing in week 14? or are you playing against hundereds of teams and top scores advance to next round?anyone know?

so it looks like in the players championship how does it work? points total?who do you know who you are playing in week 14? or are you playing against hundereds of teams and top scores advance to next round?anyone know?
There is only one round, weeks 14-16. You start with your scoring average from weeks 1-11, then add the 3 scores from 14-16. You will be up against every other team in the championship round. There is no next round.

I made the playoffs rather comfortably as #4 seed. But with Schaub, AP, AJ Green, and Julio Jones down and facing the dominant #1 seed, I'm going to need to duplicate the Obomanu miracle of last year to advance this week. It will most likely have to come from Ingram. Gronkowski is due for a bad game, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I made 4 playoffs out of 10 teams. I could have made 6 but last night cost me 2 leagues one by 5 pts and the other by 16pts. I also missed a another where I went 7-4.I had Brady...could have had 3 more TD's Woodhead drop, Hernandez drop and Hernandez called back on penatly TD. Brutal.
same here. have 4 in and had a v. good chance in 6. but fell just short with hernandez dropping the td and getting called back. felt personal.

damn. i need this to get started already. my 2 teams locked into the championship round just lost fred jackson. one team will be starting helu little and tamme from here on out.

'BroadwayG said:
'elitzer said:
There is only one round, weeks 14-16. You start with your scoring average from weeks 1-11, then add the 3 scores from 14-16. You will be up against every other team in the championship round. There is no next round.
thank you for clearing that up for me.

'elitzer said:
First of all you have to make it out of your league playoffs - unless you were the #1 or #2 seed in which case you will automatically be in the Championship Bracket in Weeks 14-16Weeks 12 and 13 you would be in the League Playoffs

My opponent had Finley,Murray and Bailey going tonight scored 31.80.I had Akers and Crabtree and scored 21.10.Guess I will take that could have been worse :rolleyes:

My opponent had Finley,Murray and Bailey going tonight scored 31.80.I had Akers and Crabtree and scored 21.10.Guess I will take that could have been worse :rolleyes:
You're in better shape than I am. I'm sitting at 21.80 as a result of a J. Nelson / D. Bryant / K. Smith lackluster day. Gonna need some big guns on Sunday and Monday to pull this one out.

First of all you have to make it out of your league playoffs - unless you were the #1 or #2 seed in which case you will automatically be in the Championship Bracket in Weeks 14-16Weeks 12 and 13 you would be in the League Playoffs
yes i was #1 seed and made it to championship round.now the earlier person i asked this question to gave me answer that they combined the scores of weeks 1-11 and then weeks 14-16.i sure hope that isnt correct because that would be just plain stupid due to some teeams have a 250 point advantage going into championship playoffs.now i think how it works is that they may combine weeks 14-16 points and also add them to the points that are next to your team under the players championship list.so it shows i have 150.75 and the top team has 168.10.so he is ahead of me by 18 points which i can live with but i think all teams should start at 0 and then all teams have same chance adding scores from weeks 14-16.anyone else know where the exact rules are? how did they come up with the score next to your name in the championship bracket list?

here is the correct rule on the scorig during the championship playoffs.finally fould it.

Footballguys Players Championship Round

All aforementioned qualifying playoff teams will play in the Championship Round which will run during NFL Weeks 14, 15 and 16. Each playoff team will start the Championship Round with their one-game point average from the regular season (weeks 1-11) and will be seeded according to these points. Points scored during Weeks 12 & 13 are not counted toward this one-game average. Championship Round winners will be determined based on each team's total points scored during Weeks 14, 15 & 16 and added to their one-game point average from the regular season. The team with the most points will be crowned the FPC Overall Champion. The teams with the next highest points will win prizes as listed in the Prize section

i still think that all teams should start at 0 points so everyone has the same advantage.the way this is set up is that going into the championship round the top seed has a 39 point advantage already from the last person on list!! i understand these were the rules before we signed up but who the hell agreed to this?? that is like a nfl team going into playoffs with something like a 3 points or more on scoreboard before the games even start due to the teams one game point average over the other teams.just my opinion on the matter.but im going to be really pissed if i place in the money but miss the next bracket of payoffs by less than the points that the team that beat me by had before the start of the playoffs started.someone needs to change this maybe next year .doesnt everyone agree except if your in number #1 seed.lol.

im already have a 23 point lead on the last place team heading into playoffs.i know it does not sound like much but how many of you guys out there have lost a game by 2 points or less!!! enough of my complaining.lol .wish everyone luck in the playoffs.

yes i was #1 seed and made it to championship round.now the earlier person i asked this question to gave me answer that they combined the scores of weeks 1-11 and then weeks 14-16.i sure hope that isnt correct because that would be just plain stupid due to some teeams have a 250 point advantage going into championship playoffs.now i think how it works is that they may combine weeks 14-16 points and also add them to the points that are next to your team under the players championship list.so it shows i have 150.75 and the top team has 168.10.so he is ahead of me by 18 points which i can live with but i think all teams should start at 0 and then all teams have same chance adding scores from weeks 14-16.anyone else know where the exact rules are? how did they come up with the score next to your name in the championship bracket list?
Just to clarify, I didn't say add combined scores of weeks 1-11 and weeks 14-16. I gave a perfectly accurate description of the championship scoring.

you were correct.sorry to misunderstand your answer.i guess they have to give points prior to playoffs due to there will be soo many teams with same scores

I have the lead in my matchup 144.50 to 118.90.He has Brees and Sproles to go I have Colston.Its going to be close.I was really hoping to have about a 50 point cushion but Welker took care of that for me.Just have to hope the Giants can shut Sproles down and that Colston gets the majority of the Targets.Cant wait for tommorow :popcorn:

Well doesn't look like I am going to be able to overcome Brees,Welker,and Sproles only up by 2 at the half.Looks like Colston is the forgotten man.Still have my other team going though looks like they have a better shot at winning.

well i lost in playoffs but at least i was number 1 seat.now i can just hope for the best.this is pretty fun .kinda wish i had more than one entry.next year ill have at least 3.good luck everyone

Wow! How's this for nail-biters?!

#2 seed vs #3 seed...136.95 - 132.20...4.75 points!!

#1 seed vs #4 seed...#4 seed led 123.0 - 64.6 heading into Monday night game, and #4 still had Sproles going for him. Sure thing, right? Not so fast, my friend (Lee Corso)!! #1 seed had Eli, Nicks, and Graham. Final tally...135.90 - 133.20! 2.70 points!! (Gotta feel bad for the loser here. Had to think he had it wrapped up. I certainly thought so.)

Good luck to all in the Championship rounds!

I was down by 35 going into the Monday Night game. I had Cruz and Sproles versus Kasay. I snuck into the finals by 5 points. Cruz was a monster. He made up for Ray Rice, Flacco, Kevin smith, and Wallace. Hope I get production out of those guys next week. Oh yeah, that was the first week I benched Stevie Johnson .... argh!!!

Ended up 3-3 in the semifinals. Won 1 in the last minute when Ingram ran in for the TD and held on in another by 2 points going against Cruz and Jacobs. Hoping to win at least 2 of the 3 teams left this weekend in the finals.

Well with my two teams both made playoffs.The team that finished 8-3 that I thought was my best team was eliminated. The team that finished 5-6 won and it looks like a pretty good matchup so I might get lucky and win.Don't think that team has much of a chance to do anything in the Championship round but it would be nice to win league championship and prize that goes with it.Good luck to all in their title games this week.

Made it to the playoffs with my one team. I rode Rogers, Megatron & Graham to 1st seed and top points, but was very week at RB all season - Mathews and Pierre Thomas are my running backs. Ugg. At one point I had to resort to Addai and Delone Carter. Double Ugg. Steve Johnson had been good early on but had really sucked of late.

Last week in the semi-finals I went in to the Monday night contest down about 20 points with the other player still having the Saints kicker. I of course had sat Steve Johnson over Addai. Seemed like a reasonable play, right? Addai back healthy, Carolina sucks vs the run, Steve Johnson has sucked & is going to be on Revis Island vs the Jets....

:wall:

Thankfully Thomas & Graham had monster games and I won going away.

This week I'm off to a reasonable start - picked up Riley Cooper on wavers and he already picked me up almost 15 points, which is better than I had any reason to expect. Going to be a tough week though, since the other guy has a murderer's row of Forte, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Antonio Brown and Victor Cruz.

Looks like its coming down to the wire for me in all 3 leagues after the day games:

League 1: Stafford, Sproles, Gates + 18 VS Jones-Drew, VJax and Jimmy Graham

League 2: Calvin Johnson + 69 VS Brees, Colston (this one looks very good right now but you never know)

League 3: Stafford, Ingram, Novak - 7 VS Mathews, Jimmy Graham

I guess Im a huge Stafford fan tonight and am hoping Jimmy Graham gets shut out.

Looks like its coming down to the wire for me in all 3 leagues after the day games:League 1: Stafford, Sproles, Gates + 18 VS Jones-Drew, VJax and Jimmy GrahamLeague 2: Calvin Johnson + 69 VS Brees, Colston (this one looks very good right now but you never know)League 3: Stafford, Ingram, Novak - 7 VS Mathews, Jimmy GrahamI guess Im a huge Stafford fan tonight and am hoping Jimmy Graham gets shut out.
I was hoping Jimmy Graham would have done less damage but what are you going to do. 2 of my leagues are now going to be decided Monday night (crossing my fingers for some luck)League 1: Gates + 36 vs Jones-Drew and Vincent JacksonLeague 2: Won by 42... Finished with more than 180 points on the week (Thanks Cam)League 3: Novak + 7 vs MathewsI figure Im a slight favorite in league 1 and an underdog in league 3.

lets go novak! i need that sob to get 10 pts since i benched kevin smith and started dirty dustin keller.

also have a 9 pts lead with mjd going up against mathews.

Just won 1600 bucks I love MJD.I was down 20 points got it back before the half :excited:
I just won $1,600 too! This was with Matt Moore at QB too. I think the key was drafting Tony Gonzalez who was a tremendous value all year based on his draft pick (of course, having Wes Welker and Ray Rice too doesn't hurt!)

Just won 1600 bucks I love MJD.I was down 20 points got it back before the half :excited:
I just won $1,600 too! This was with Matt Moore at QB too. I think the key was drafting Tony Gonzalez who was a tremendous value all year based on his draft pick (of course, having Wes Welker and Ray Rice too doesn't hurt!)
Also have Gonzales bad news is I have Forte.Not much chance in Championship round but glad to be there.

Looks like its coming down to the wire for me in all 3 leagues after the day games:League 1: Stafford, Sproles, Gates + 18 VS Jones-Drew, VJax and Jimmy GrahamLeague 2: Calvin Johnson + 69 VS Brees, Colston (this one looks very good right now but you never know)League 3: Stafford, Ingram, Novak - 7 VS Mathews, Jimmy GrahamI guess Im a huge Stafford fan tonight and am hoping Jimmy Graham gets shut out.
I was hoping Jimmy Graham would have done less damage but what are you going to do. 2 of my leagues are now going to be decided Monday night (crossing my fingers for some luck)League 1: Gates + 36 vs Jones-Drew and Vincent JacksonLeague 2: Won by 42... Finished with more than 180 points on the week (Thanks Cam)League 3: Novak + 7 vs MathewsI figure Im a slight favorite in league 1 and an underdog in league 3.
That last Mathews TD did me in for the third league as I lost by 5 (anyone but Mathews getting that TD and I would have won). Ended up hanging on in league 1 by 5 points (Jones Drew made it really interesting but luckily Gates scored just enough) and I had league 2 already wrapped up.Guess I have 2 tries in the championship round. Good luck everyone!

Finished 5-6 but snuck in the playoffs as four seed with total points. Had two good weeks in a row and took the league championship home. Spent all my free agent money before the playoffs trying to make a last ditch effort and it paid off. Beat two 9-2 teams and a 7-5 team in the last three weeks.

Now I'm in the Championship round and have no expectations, I am happy with the league crown and the 16 hundy.

Snuck into the Championship round as the #4 seed by beating 2 teams in the top 70 overall FBG PC points for the season. Got hot at the right time. :boxing:

Won my league by the time the afternoon games on Sunday had finished up, needing only Mathews to not get -8 points to win <g>. Thank you Rogers and Graham. My guy lost Forte early in the contest, but I'm not sure it would have mattered; Forte would have needed to have his best game of the season to make up the difference. Woot! 1600 big ones. I'm about 10 points behind the big money spots in the Championship, so not expecting much, but really - after winning in the 1st week of the league playoff and being guaranteed my entry fee back, the rest of the season is one big freeroll <g>

Who's taking the cash option and who's taking entry in to next year's Main Event?

Was looking at some of the other leagues; damn there were some sick beats. In one league, the champion was decided by 0.05 points, 152 vs 151.95. Basically that's like 1 passing yard right? In another league, a guy sent into the championship match **without a QB** (his roster QBs were Cutler and Painter, and he had used up his waiver wire money a couple weeks prior)....and he lost by like 6 points. Basically if he had -any- QB at all, he wins. I'd be sick to my stomach...

S

#8 after late games in consolation round with Steve Jackson yet to go.I'll take that :D

this is pretty interesting. if you follow high stakes fantasy football then you might know the name chad schroeder. 1 of his 36 teams made it to the championship round in the ffpc this year. what a wild ride

Users who are viewing this thread