What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How good is Darren Sproles? ... with Michael Turner hurt ... (1 Viewer)

Lambert

Footballguy
Okay, first, we don't know yet the severity of Turner's ankle injury. But Turner was one of the top (if not the top) pure handcuffs in the league. He's no LT if LT goes down, but Turner would still be a top tier RB.

Frankly, I just haven't seen enough of Darren Sproles to get a good feel for predicting his performance in the Charger offense if both LT & MT went down.

(1) Hypothetically, if LT and MT had both gone on IR early preseason, where would you draft Darren Sproles?

(2) Back in the real world, with LT perfectly healthy, and MT's injury status still unclear, is it worth it to pick up Sproles as a "double-handcuff" if you have both LT and MT on your roster?

Okay, first, we don't know yet the severity of Turner's ankle injury. But Turner was one of the top (if not the top) pure handcuffs in the league. He's no LT if LT goes down, but Turner would still be a top tier RB.Frankly, I just haven't seen enough of Darren Sproles to get a good feel for predicting his performance in the Charger offense if both LT & MT went down.(1) Hypothetically, if LT and MT had both gone on IR early preseason, where would you draft Darren Sproles?(2) Back in the real world, with LT perfectly healthy, and MT's injury status still unclear, is it worth it to pick up Sproles as a "double-handcuff" if you have both LT and MT on your roster?
I love his skills, but he's itty-bitty.If those two were to go down, and they tried giving Sproles more than 12 or so touches per game there would be a pretty descent chance that some big bully would break Sproles, like lat year.

Okay, first, we don't know yet the severity of Turner's ankle injury. But Turner was one of the top (if not the top) pure handcuffs in the league. He's no LT if LT goes down, but Turner would still be a top tier RB.Frankly, I just haven't seen enough of Darren Sproles to get a good feel for predicting his performance in the Charger offense if both LT & MT went down.(1) Hypothetically, if LT and MT had both gone on IR early preseason, where would you draft Darren Sproles?(2) Back in the real world, with LT perfectly healthy, and MT's injury status still unclear, is it worth it to pick up Sproles as a "double-handcuff" if you have both LT and MT on your roster?
I love his skills, but he's itty-bitty.If those two were to go down, and they tried giving Sproles more than 12 or so touches per game there would be a pretty descent chance that some big bully would break Sproles, like lat year.
It would most likely turn into a thunder and lightning type of rbbc with Pinnock and Sproles. The little guy has hops but he's nowhere near big enough to take the pounding of a feature back. But I could see them lining up LT and Sproles in the backfield, motioning one or both out for some coverage mismatches that would give LBs fits.

I watched Sproles all throughout college. The guy is a highlight reel. I don't buy the whole he's too small thing. He's had to go through all of the naysayers at every level of football he's every played. The thing is he's so shifty and has an eye for running lanes that very rarely does anyone get a square shot on him.

I'm a homer but I believe that he could easily get 20+ touches a game and would absolutely be one of the most exciting RB's in the league.

By the way he's not that much smaller then Barry Sanders. How many question his skills today?

I suggest watching this

I watched Sproles all throughout college. The guy is a highlight reel. I don't buy the whole he's too small thing. He's had to go through all of the naysayers at every level of football he's every played. The thing is he's so shifty and has an eye for running lanes that very rarely does anyone get a square shot on him.

I'm a homer but I believe that he could easily get 20+ touches a game and would absolutely be one of the most exciting RB's in the league.

By the way he's not that much smaller then Barry Sanders. How many question his skills today?

I suggest watching this

IIRC, they're roughly the same height, but Barry has like 20+ pounds on Sproles. Mostly in his legs. I agree with you on the skill, love the little guy, but he's more Dante Hall than Barry Sanders.

I suggest watching this

I think he's actually 2 inches shorter, too... And, yes, I would align him more with Hall.Anyway, I love watching Sproles play, so I hope they work him in no matter what...

I suggest watching this

I don't fully agree with that. I think Sproles is much more like Sanders then Hall. Hall and Sproles weigh basically the same but Sproles is 2-3 inches shorter. He has big powerful legs much like Sanders did.

I suggest watching this

Sproles is LISTED at 5-6 181. Thats 2 in and 25-30 lbs less than Sanders.

Yes, but Dante Hall is 5'8 and weighs 185.

Sproles is stockier then Hall. He has much more power in his legs then Hall does. Also Sproles benched over 400 lbs in college. Think Hall can do that?

Has Dante Hall lined up at Running back in the NFL yet? He doesn't have the build to be a RB in the NFl. D. Hall would absolutely never be able to take 10 touches a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sproles had 306 carries in a college season the year he led the nation in rushing. He also returned kicks and punts leading the nation in all-purpose yards.

Users who are viewing this thread