What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many States have you been to? (1 Viewer)

Visited something specifc: NH, MA, CT, NY, PA, NJ, DE, DC, MD, VA, NC, GA, FL, AL, LA, TX, TN, OH, MI, MO, AZ, CA, NV, OR, WA, HI

Driven thru: SC, MS, AR, NM, ID, MT, SD, MN, IN, IL, KY, WV

Never been: ME, VT, RI, WY, ND, IA, NE, KS, CO, UT, AK

Missing just NV in the west, ND, MN*, OK, AR, MS and LA through the middle, and DE (and DC)

* Might have driven through MN on a road trip a few years ago. We went through SD, but I don't recall if we got there via Minnesota or Iowa.

My wife has a cousin who lives in NO during the winter months, so if we visit her, I could knock AR/MS/LA off the list.

I have been to all of the western states, including Alaska and Hawaii.

I hear that North Dakota is the last one for a lot of people.

I wonder which state is most frequently included on people's lists, other than Alaska and Hawaii for obvious reasons. 

I would have guessed Idaho based on location, lack of tourist attractions or a large airport, etc. But it looks like maybe it's North Dakota.  Not too surprising, but I am surprised so many people have been to Idaho. Is it a skiiing thing? A driving through to the Pacific Northwest thing?  Some other thing I'm missing?

I wonder which state is most frequently included on people's lists, other than Alaska and Hawaii for obvious reasons. 

I would have guessed Idaho based on location, lack of tourist attractions or a large airport, etc. But it looks like maybe it's North Dakota.  Not too surprising, but I am surprised so many people have been to Idaho. Is it a skiiing thing? A driving through to the Pacific Northwest thing?  Some other thing I'm missing?
I have been to 43 states.  I live in Boise now.  Without a doubt, it's one of the five most beautiful states.  There are  numerous vacation spots here and outdoor enthusiasts all of kinds visit frequently 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been to 43 states.  I live in Boise now.  Without a doubt, it's one of the five most beautiful states.  There are  numerous vacation spots here and outdoor enthusiasts all of kinds visit all the time. 
Yeah I don't doubt that, I hear it's a great place. It's just the geographically it's fairly remote so I would have guessed relatively few people pass though, and there's no national park (other than apparently Yellowstone just edging into it?) and AFAIK the airport isn't very busy as a hub or anything.

Yeah I don't doubt that, I hear it's a great place. It's just the geographically it's fairly remote so I would have guessed relatively few people pass though, and there's no national park (other than apparently Yellowstone just edging into it?) and AFAIK the airport isn't very busy as a hub or anything.
It's an island for sure.   It's also now the fastest growing state in the country. Airport is small, but very easy to get in and out of.  

It's an island for sure.   It's also now the fastest growing state in the country. Airport is small, but very easy to get in and out of.  
I'd love to visit Idaho and Montana some day. I was just surprised at how infrequently it was listed here.  ND seems to be the clear leader but Idaho's not even close.  Apparently I'm missing out.

Wife and I are getting NH, VT, ME this weekend, which will only leave me Oregon, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Montana and Delaware, which I just missed 3 weeks ago.

Plotting a Big Sky drive, but damn, that's 1,500 miles.

Boise is a fun town.

Lots of people go there mistakenly thinking there are lots of ho's. 

I have been to 43 states.  I live in Boise now.  Without a doubt, it's one of the five most beautiful states.  There are  numerous vacation spots here and outdoor enthusiasts all of kinds visit frequently 
Plus, it's really really hard to get to Seattle or Portland (major destinations for a lot of people) without passing through Idaho.  Unless you are coming straight up from California, you'll need to drive through it.

I love Idaho.  Gorgeous state.  My old man just took a road trip/vacation to Sandpoint.  Loved it.

If you drive through a state, that should count.  If you eat there, stop for gas, walk on the soil....that counts.  Airports stopovers only, no countsies.  But F you if you aren't counting my drive through Kansas as being in Kansas.  I suffered through that drive, that counts. 
Yeah, I've had the "pleasure" of traversing KS on I-70 four times. That definitely counts!

LOL on the Kansas drive.

I'm one of the few who have been to ND.  I had to go to Fargo for work and spent a couple nights there.  I don't think I would ever have gone there otherwise.

I play a slightly different version of this game and only count states where work has sent me.

24 states, plus two Canadian provinces.

Unfortunately, there are only three additional states that I can add with my current employer.

30 states visited + DC + Ontario 

Have not counted drive through only or airport stops - only ones counted where I stayed overnight and/or did something like stop at a tourist site

9 of those states saw a concert

12 + DC + Ontario of those states saw a baseball game

5 of those states saw a football game

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing AK, OR, ND, SD, NE, KS, IA, MO, ME, NH, VT, NJ, DE.

That leaves 37 visited.

AK, OR, SD, ME, NH, VT are on the to do list. 

Unless I am trying to finish a 50 State High Point list I don't see myself knocking out the others.

Missing 15: Arkansas, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota (not counting airport), Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, Utah, Washington.

I have been to ND though, and went there voluntarily.  My Theodore Roosevelt obsession led me to Theodore Roosevelt National Park and Medora on a trip a few years back.  Worth checking out

I have been to ND though, and went there voluntarily.  My Theodore Roosevelt obsession led me to Theodore Roosevelt National Park and Medora on a trip a few years back.  Worth checking out
i like North Dakota. My last year as a hitchhiking runaway i used I-94 a lot criss-crossing the country (i HATEd the south - spent 3 wks in a La jail getting my ribs kicked in for lunch just for being a hippie - and i had a warrant in Wyoming for cutting a perv who tried to get at me) and the plains of the western Missouri are my favorite in the midwest. plus, as DonQui say, the Badlands are as badass as the Black Hills

Users who are viewing this thread