What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much would you pay for Tim to leave? Forever. (1 Viewer)

How much would you be willing to give?

• Nothing

Votes: 139 70.9%
  • $5

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • $10

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • $20

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • $50

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • $100

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • $200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $300

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • $400

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • $500

Votes: 12 6.1%

• Total voters
I agree with Tim a lot on his political stuff.

Not sure why he says he votes R. Maybe it's shtick.
He's a fiscal conservative at the very least. He's also generally against populism, though I'm not sure that's strictly an R thing.
Tim is less of a fiscal conservative than he is a libertarian. Any effort at all to get the budget under control he opposes. He does not like tax increases and he considers even freezing government spending as a radical approach. He favors big military and every type of social spending. He claimed to have been against Obamacare, but once it passed he opposes any effort to change it.

Without Tim we'd lose the ability to watch all the Tim stalkers trip over themselves trying to be the first one to respond to his last diatribe. Guys like Joe T would have to go back to his malignant humor routine, which is more painful to watch than the MLS is. So I'd argue Tim has actually made the Joe T's of the forum better, kind of like John Stockton made John Crotty better.

I agree with Tim a lot on his political stuff.

Not sure why he says he votes R. Maybe it's shtick.
He's a fiscal conservative at the very least. He's also generally against populism, though I'm not sure that's strictly an R thing.
Tim is less of a fiscal conservative than he is a libertarian. Any effort at all to get the budget under control he opposes. He does not like tax increases and he considers even freezing government spending as a radical approach. He favors big military and every type of social spending. He claimed to have been against Obamacare, but once it passed he opposes any effort to change it.
That's probably more accurate. His arguments about the specifics you mention are a bit more nuanced than your synopses indicate though. I think with a clean slate he'd be for smaller government, but given established programs he sees more harm (in terms of cost) in trying to unwind them than in keeping them around. But we probably shouldn't try to put words in his mouth (because there are more than enough in there already).

Last edited by a moderator:
76K post..Holy Chit Tim has averaged over 30 posts a day for 7 years. Has to be the all time message board post leader of any forum..

Although I don't agree with his political views I view Tim as someone who has a strong opinion on a wide variety of subjects. He's outspoken, he's polarizing but I think he's a good dude. Keep posting Tim as I will be reading.

He's pretty awful. Not the worst on this board by any stretch, but he is bad.

Creating an alias to chat with himself when no one else would is just sad.

I'm actually starting to feel bad for the guy.

Jesus neck-punched a few Romans before they took him down, from what I've heard.
How much would it take for you to leave, and not just this alias but really leave?
I'm way cheaper than Tim, I could be had for three digits pretty easily. But Sebowski's counting on my amazing insight for the EPL draft, so now's not a great time.

Do we have an issue? I've rather enjoyed your stories in the FFAWT.

He's pretty awful. Not the worst on this board by any stretch, but he is bad.

Creating an alias to chat with himself when no one else would is just sad.

I'm actually starting to feel bad for the guy.
Thanks for nothing, Crotty.

:rolleyes: Where is the this is a stupid thread option. Like the 10 who voted $500 would really do so. :rolleyes:
10? Really? :excited:

OK guys, you have reached the magic number! PM me who you are, and I will PM you back my PayPal account info. As soon as I see $5,000 in there, I'm gone like the wind!

While I disagree with his alleged political position, I wouldn't want him gone from the board.

He is respectful. That's more than most. Plus, he's a damn good player of chess.

$6960 current tally... You guys say I'm full of ####? No chance in hell you could raise $7k to get rid of Tim, that's obviously a number he accepts.

Can't believe this thread is still here.

Tim brings a lot more to this board than most idiots here (in terms of good knowledge, one hell of a persona, and the ability to singularly piss of a whole bunch of posters. Why you'd want to lose that I don't know.

You are really going to blame the bait? Don't take the bite(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm ok with Tim writing strong opinions. I'm ok when doing so makes threads all about him. It happens. What's annoying is when someone else writes a strong opinion he disagrees with and he attacks that person, especially when its over some obscure #### that has nothing to do with the thread. That's where he derails threads and makes things all about him in a negative way and makes a thread pretty much unreadable.

He wants to write strong opinions but doesn't seem to respect others that also do it. Makes him a master at derailing threads.

Great way to make enemies and cause people to start threads like this.

Can't believe this thread is still here.

Tim brings a lot more to this board than most idiots here (in terms of good knowledge, one hell of a persona, and the ability to singularly piss of a whole bunch of posters. Why you'd want to lose that I don't know.

You are really going to blame the bait? Don't take the bite(s).
I can't believe your face is still here.

There is an amount that the FFA could potentially raise in order to try and get me to take a walk. Or anyone else. It's merely a poll. Plenty of people like Tim and think he's great, that's 100% fine. Maybe the people wanting him to stay would raise more money to keep him? It's possible.

I'm ok with Tim writing strong opinions. I'm ok when doing so makes threads all about him. It happens. What's annoying is when someone else writes a strong opinion he disagrees with and he attacks that person, especially when its over some obscure #### that has nothing to do with the thread. That's where he derails threads and makes things all about him in a negative way and makes a thread pretty much unreadable.
Links to said attacks, please?

Don't want Tim to go, he is the most entertaining poster in the FFA, there was a time where he was starting so many new threads that was kinda of annoying, but he has toned that down. You would think he would be better at playing fantasy football though, lol. Seriously, if Tim left, it would be pretty boring around here.

Officially over $7k... If Tim declines, that is a dollar amount Fennis and I have agreed we will take. Can we arrange payment?

Officially over $7k... If Tim declines, that is a dollar amount Fennis and I have agreed we will take. Can we arrange payment?
I've already accepted. Show me the money, and I'm outta here.
How many of you would leave?
Every last one! Where is the cash?
Learn how to read
Is this about the charity thing? Fine. Once I get the money I will give it all to illegal immigrants. Feel better now?

If Tim left, what phrases would you type into google to find his new alias + message board that he would have to go to?

Wait, Tim has aliases? How the #### does someone have that much time?

I have no issue with Tim - I don't get why people can't avoid posters/threads they don't like or don't want to read. Honestly, I don't read much of what Tim has to say but that's because I avoid almost all Political threads and I never have time to participate in the drafts he's done.

I've already accepted. Show me the money, and I'm outta here.
How many of you would leave?
Every last one! Where is the cash?
Learn how to read
Is this about the charity thing? Fine. Once I get the money I will give it all to illegal immigrants. Feel better now?
Sure.

If Tim left, what phrases would you type into google to find his new alias + message board that he would have to go to?
Finding Tim on another board would be easy. Google search for "That post is just plagarization of an Ezra Klein article".

I'd think it would be a lot more interesting to just limit him to 10 posts a day and no more than 2 posts per thread.

Users who are viewing this thread