What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How To Crush The Footballguys Playoff Challenge With FFPC - $35 entry fee - $100,000 Grand Prize (1 Viewer)

We're back again with our friends at the FFPC with the Footballguys Playoff Challenge. $35 entry fee and $100,000 Grand Prize.

Our Sigmund Bloom with a sweet article on how to crush it. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-playoff-challenge-perfect-lineup

This always sells out so please don't wait to grab your teams. Enter here.

Strategy thoughts of your own?
I'm in for my usual 3.

It's really challenging - seems like you need to get the SB right to have a chance, so I like to do 3 variants using my 3 projected SB winners. I tend to fade K & D/ST - if I'm gonna lose anything in the 1st round, those are my easy calls.

I've set preliminary lineups, but I always go back and make tweaks the next day with fresh eyes. This is my 3rd year doing this - one of my teams did pretty well a couple of years ago, IIRC. Faded in the SB, but it was exciting for a minute there.

Just went to edit my teams and magically had a $35 credit - so now I have a 4th team!

Woohoo!

My only worry is that my teams are so chalky. It's so hard to pass on a stud for a 2nd banana, yet I just know some team with Hasty, KJO and Palmer is going to win it all.
:doh:

I’ve been doing these FFPC/FBG playoff contests for 10+ years (doesn’t mean I’m good). I love them though. I did get a top 10 the year of falcons/patriots SB. A few other years in top 100-200.
Some tips:
- build a bracket for each entry to think through the matchups/lineup.
- you want your K and D to be one and done. And definitely don’t have them be playing each other.
- you exclude a player from 2 teams- those teams definitely need to lose. Though you will need to have 2 skill players from one and done teams, so choose wisely.
- there is a lot of chalk but ok to have a few yourself. You don’t need a WR3/4 or backup RB etc to win.
- I usually want my QB in superbowl (2x points) though last year the winner didn’t. (He had Allen). I like to have a non chalk player against him (particularly if the QB is popular). It is fun to have outs going into Super Bowl
- you’d be surprised but the top of leaderboard usually doesn’t have many duplicate scores.

Good luck
Shaun Z
(Loonie Toonies)

Last edited:
just looked
The Footballguys Playoff Challenge is now full. Registrations still open for the FFPC Playoff Challenge ($200 entry)

I have 4 lineups - each one entered in both contests but may do more tweaking

GL all

just looked
The Footballguys Playoff Challenge is now full. Registrations still open for the FFPC Playoff Challenge ($200 entry)

GL all
Do you have 4 different QBs like me, or multiple entries with 1-2 QBs?

just looked

GL all
Just 2. Pretty much relying on Buffalo being in the championship game
I went with a 4 QB approach.

It probably hurts my cause more than it helps but I do like diversity and expect the unexpected.

just looked

GL all

It probably hurts my cause more than it helps but I do like diversity and expect the unexpected.
I'm pretty chalk I guess. No Miami or Seattle in my lineups.

just looked

GL all

I'm pretty chalk I guess. No Miami or Seattle in my lineups.
Same. Except K.

Unsticking this one now that both the 1.0 version and the 2.0 versions of the contests sold out early. Good luck to everyone!

Question - for contests like the Playoff Challenge and others, are articles like this laying out how we'd tackle them useful? They seem like they are but I also want to make sure we're bringing the value people want.

Users who are viewing this thread