What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How will Detroit's Offensive Safety be scored? (1 Viewer)

yes (iirc). once there's a turnover the offense becomes a defense if there's a "special" play, like another turnover.

I don't see how they can give the D the pts when they weren't even on the field.
If the defense picks off a pass and then fumbles it back to the offense the defense would be credited for a fumble recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
MFL has not given me my 2 points..... :thumbup: peace
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!Your league keeps official score based on live unofficial scoring?! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!Chill out, scoring isn't official until it's official. Cracks me up when people freak out about scoring in live updates when official stats aren;t even official yet.

MFL has not given me my 2 points..... ;) peace
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!Your league keeps official score based on live unofficial scoring?! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!Chill out, scoring isn't official until it's official. Cracks me up when people freak out about scoring in live updates when official stats aren;t even official yet.:crybaby:piece
fixed
Thanks man....I am not that broken up about 2 points. Just having fun.peace

Last edited by a moderator:
In an ideal fantasy world, the Detroit defense would NOT get the 2 points. This play isn't much different from the infamous Keenan McCardell play from several years ago. (Except that the offensive player scored a safety instead of a TD).

In an ideal fantasy world, the Detroit defense would NOT get the 2 points. This play isn't much different from the infamous Keenan McCardell play from several years ago. (Except that the offensive player scored a safety instead of a TD).
On the McCardell play our league awarded the TD to the Tampa Bay Def/ST.3. Offensive plays cease with change of possession

a. Beginning with a change of possession, both teams represent the Def position for fantasy scoring purposes.

b. One team is the return team the other team is the coverage team.

On the McCardell play our league awarded the TD to the Tampa Bay Def/ST.3. Offensive plays cease with change of possession

a. Beginning with a change of possession, both teams represent the Def position for fantasy scoring purposes.

Illogical and contrary to most fantasy leagues. IIRC, Sportsline was the only major league that scored the McCardell TD to the D/ST.

Illogical and contrary to most fantasy leagues. IIRC, Sportsline was the only major league that scored the McCardell TD to the D/ST.
ESPN did too.

IIRC most fantasy leagues had a huge controversy on how to score the TD. Ours not so much.

teamramrod said:
Challenge Everything said:
Arch Stanton said:
teamramrod said:
MFL has not given me my 2 points.....

:bowtie:

peace
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!Your league keeps official score based on live unofficial scoring?!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

Chill out, scoring isn't official until it's official. Cracks me up when people freak out about scoring in live updates when official stats aren;t even official yet.

:crybaby:

piece
fixed
Thanks man....I am not that broken up about 2 points. Just having fun.peace
I beat the commish and division oppenent by .9 points with the Detroit D :pics: http://www4.myfantasyleague.com/2009/live_...HISES=0003_0006

WHOOOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

what is anyone doing starting the Lions D/ST?
Cause they were playing the Rams.Someone playing matchups with their D's could definitely pick this one.With a host of crap teams on bye (KC and TB).SD could be owned already going against the Raiders, so I could see it.Wouldn't be my choice but I can see why.

This play isn't much different from the infamous Keenan McCardell play from several years ago. (Except that the offensive player scored a safety instead of a TD).
There's one big difference, though: McCardell went from offense to defense and then back to offense. But in yesterday's game, the Detroit player (Kevin Smith) went from offense to defense and then remained on defense. Therefore, the defense gets the points.

At the moment of interception, the "offense" became defense. Same as a tackle after the INT.
So as soon as the defense recovers the ball, the defense becomes the offense and the offense becomes the defense. And since the defense isn't the defense anymore after an INT, then there's no such thing as a defensive TD. Intercept a ball and run it back and the offense just scored.What I'm pointing out is that this is a really inconsistent way to try to define for FF what is an offense and what is a defense. That logic is not used for the bulk of defensive scoring plays.

At the moment of interception, the "offense" became defense. Same as a tackle after the INT.
So as soon as the defense recovers the ball, the defense becomes the offense and the offense becomes the defense. And since the defense isn't the defense anymore after an INT, then there's no such thing as a defensive TD. Intercept a ball and run it back and the offense just scored.What I'm pointing out is that this is a really inconsistent way to try to define for FF what is an offense and what is a defense. That logic is not used for the bulk of defensive scoring plays.
:thumbdown: Now this makes perfect sense.

Crazy plays always get a big controversy like that. That's why I like scoring by hand in one league still. The McCardell play a few years back I believe we gave both McCardell and the Bucs D the points. Also what we do with Punt/Kick returns, it goes to the D/ST and the individual player. Safeties I don't see much controversy, as safeties can only be scored defensively in actuality.

Users who are viewing this thread