What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (6 Viewers)

any stations carrying the last show online?
Full coverage on Yahoo!
where the hell is it? i can't seem to find a link
The actual show starts at 9AM (EST)check the countdown

Howard was saying this morning how stupid it was of them not to have cameras on all morning on the crowd.
When I go there, it just flashes "Watch Now" where the timer was going and isn't giving me an option to watch. What gives?

Has anyone ever seen Howard Stern and Grace Slick in the same place at the same time?

I'm surprised he didn't do anything shocking to generate more news for his move to Sirius. Best wishes Howard. I started to listen but not willing to pay the $$ to hear you in the AM. :backtoimus:

I'm surprised he didn't do anything shocking to generate more news for his move to Sirius.

Best wishes Howard. I started to listen but not willing to pay the $$ to hear you in the AM.

:backtoimus:
Jesus, talk about going from bad to worse...

I'm surprised he didn't do anything shocking to generate more news for his move to Sirius.

Best wishes Howard. I started to listen but not willing to pay the $$ to hear you in the AM.

there will be a big confession from each member the first day at Sirius

It's worth the $$ just for the music and sports only...unless you are happy enough with the free radio stations you listen to. The free radio stations in Philly suck now, so I made the move and love it. I may give Howard a listen in the beginning, but I'm not too confident it will be that great.

Best wishes Howard.  I started to listen but not willing to pay the $$ to hear you in the AM. 

Keep me posted on what they say.

Keep me posted on what they say.
get a subscription cheap ###

Opie and Anthony show this morning was funnier than almost anyhting I've seen from Howard.Interesting to see how Howard's show is after his move to Sirius.

Opie & Anthony were better than Stern on terrestrial radio, so I doubt he'll be better than them on satellite. If you were somehow able to take Howard in his prime(Jackie, Billy West, before he started taking his own celebrity too seriously), that would have been the time to hear him without limitations. IMO, he is just a spent force now.

Yahoo sucks...their blanking out the whole 'effing thing.Like him or not, this is about HS finally being free of censors....and they bleep half of it!#######!

Opie & Anthony were better than Stern on terrestrial radio, so I doubt he'll be better than them on satellite. If you were somehow able to take Howard in his prime(Jackie, Billy West, before he started taking his own celebrity too seriously), that would have been the time to hear him without limitations. IMO, he is just a spent force now.
WTF???Why do people keep bringing up these talentless, un-creative hacks opie and anthony in a Stern thread? They have nothing to do with Stern....just some more failed wannabes

WTF???Why do people keep bringing up these talentless, un-creative hacks opie and anthony in a Stern thread? They have nothing to do with Stern....just some more failed wannabes
Yes, why talk about the talentless Opie & Anthony when we can talk about the talentless Howard Stern...

O&A took "shock radio" to the next level. They do things that are far more vile and edgy than Stern ever did. The problem with them is that they are a duo of one talented guy (Anthony) and an antagonistic, unfunny hack (Opie). Anthony does some of the best impressions and has some great off-the-cuff responses; all Opie does is rant and stir up trouble. But they have great chemistry and really put on an intriguing program if you're into that type of humor.

I listen to Stern because up until today, it was free. But hearing him claim to invent everything from O&A's WOW (Whip Em Out Wednesday) to waking up in the morning and breathing, gets a little tiresome. O&A said they liked Howard in the 80s and he influenced them to do the type of show that they do.

But both show are still very different from each other beyond the fact they are both crude humor with few limits.

Opie & Anthony were better than Stern on terrestrial radio, so I doubt he'll be better than them on satellite.  If you were somehow able to take Howard in his prime(Jackie, Billy West, before he started taking his own celebrity too seriously), that would have been the time to hear him without limitations.  IMO, he is just a spent force now.

O&A took "shock radio" to the next level. They do things that are far more vile and edgy than Stern ever did.
That doesnt mean its creative or funny/good

I agree. But it's a personal preference. I find their program amusing and judging by the fact that they keep getting work in different markets and have a strong fanbase that actually rivals Stern, it's not the consensus opinion.

But to say they are "failed" or "wannabes" is very short-sighted and quite biased.

O&A took "shock radio" to the next level. They do things that are far more vile and edgy than Stern ever did.
That doesnt mean its creative or funny/good

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbdown: Are you one of those jaded Stern fans that ignores the facts, such as O&A's last stint on terrestrial radio actually beat Stern's in the ratings in many critical markets, including his homebase of New York?

I'm a Stern fan so I'm not taking sides. But ignoring the fact that O&A did carve their own niche in the industry and have a very large and strong loyal fanbase is ignorant.

Listen, I f'n hate Jim Rome and can't think of too many TV personalities that deserve daily beatings. But I understand he has a loyal audience of millions of fans and that's why he has national TV and radio talk shows. I'm not going to deny his success just because I think him and his various shows (and....dramatic...pauses...like...this...one) suck.

have a strong fanbase that actually rivals Stern
:no:

I became a big fan of O&A while they were on WNEW. Their show is a lot different than Howards. While some of their stunts (Wiffle bat challenge, 55-gallon drum, sex for sam) were funny, some of the slow days weren't very good. Anthony really is funny as hell and Norton helped keep things at a good pace.That said, I had no intention of buying XM when they signed on. I was hoping Stern would go to XM so I could hear both shows. Howard going to Sirius was enough for me to buy the system. I've already filled all 30 pre-sets with station. It's that good. Hard Attack, Octane and Buzzsaw are all great. Anyway, I'm not sure what O&A and their fans obsession with Howard is though. I could see it for O&A themselves somewhat because it's gets their fans riled up, but who cares really? Where was the O&A army today? They're two different shows with plenty of fans that enjoy both. and I thought Howards speech sucked. I cringed every time he said "last of a dying breed" any estimates on how big the crowd was?

Opie & Anthony were better than Stern on terrestrial radio, so I doubt he'll be better than them on satellite.  If you were somehow able to take Howard in his prime(Jackie, Billy West, before he started taking his own celebrity too seriously), that would have been the time to hear him without limitations.  IMO, he is just a spent force now.
I started listening to them when I got XM. I think they're hilarious at times. Sometimes they are boring, but I always thought the same about Howard. I don;t know about the history and don't care. All I care about is what makes me laugh, aod in my book, Opie and Anthony are funnier than Stern. :shrug:

O&A obsesses with Howard because it's vice versa! When O&A were actually beating Stern's ratings during their peak in 2002, Stern made it a very personal battle. He really showed his paranoid and hypocritical side by forbidding O&A to even mention his name on the radio again. Since he was Infinity's bread & butter, the powers that be granted his request.

Stern wasted no time in ripping O&A for getting fired, talking about how stupid they were and how they copied "all of his ideas including WOW which he developed in Washington" (something that even his most hardcore fans couldn't verify). O&A had no opportunity to fire back because they didn't have an outlet to defend themselves. In fact, Opie actually defended Howard during his constant battles with the FCC in 2004.

O&A also felt that Stern used his clout to get them removed because he saw them as such a threat. They were being groomed as his morning drive successor after his eventual retirement and he was deadset against that ever happening. Whether or not that was true also remains to be seen.

So for O&A, it's a lot of pent up frustration to lash out at Howard. His constant claims that he invented everything. The fact that he can pick on anyone for any reason but that he and his family were off limits was downright laughable. And his inane claims that Sirius leaves XM in the dust (XM has double the subscribers, has more deals with automakers to factory-install systems, and is closer to profitability than Sirius will be for a long time) just give O&A tons of material to work with. Some of the material falls right into their laps when idiots like High Pitch Eric or Cabbie open up their mouths about O&A.

Neither side is innocent and this growing feud makes for great radio. There's a reason Howard can't organize a "funeral" for O&A like he did for that guy in Philly years ago (DeBalla?) He knows he'd never get that kind of widespread support. O&A are incredibly popular and Stern faces far too much backlash because they are also national and their fans wouldn't stand for it.

I became a big fan of O&A while they were on WNEW. Their show is a lot different than Howards. While some of their stunts (Wiffle bat challenge, 55-gallon drum, sex for sam) were funny, some of the slow days weren't very good. Anthony really is funny as hell and Norton helped keep things at a good pace.

That said, I had no intention of buying XM when they signed on. I was hoping Stern would go to XM so I could hear both shows. Howard going to Sirius was enough for me to buy the system. I've already filled all 30 pre-sets with station. It's that good.

Hard Attack, Octane and Buzzsaw are all great.

Anyway, I'm not sure what O&A and their fans obsession with Howard is though. I could see it for O&A themselves somewhat because it's gets their fans riled up, but who cares really? Where was the O&A army today? They're two different shows with plenty of fans that enjoy both.

and I thought Howards speech sucked. I cringed every time he said "last of a dying breed"

any estimates on how big the crowd was?

O&A obsesses with Howard because it's vice versa! When O&A were actually beating Stern's ratings during their peak in 2002, Stern made it a very personal battle. He really showed his paranoid and hypocritical side by forbidding O&A to even mention his name on the radio again. Since he was Infinity's bread & butter, the powers that be granted his request.

Stern wasted no time in ripping O&A for getting fired, talking about how stupid they were and how they copied "all of his ideas including WOW which he developed in Washington" (something that even his most hardcore fans couldn't verify). O&A had no opportunity to fire back because they didn't have an outlet to defend themselves. In fact, Opie actually defended Howard during his constant battles with the FCC in 2004.

O&A also felt that Stern used his clout to get them removed because he saw them as such a threat. They were being groomed as his morning drive successor after his eventual retirement and he was deadset against that ever happening. Whether or not that was true also remains to be seen.

So for O&A, it's a lot of pent up frustration to lash out at Howard. His constant claims that he invented everything. The fact that he can pick on anyone for any reason but that he and his family were off limits was downright laughable. And his inane claims that Sirius leaves XM in the dust (XM has double the subscribers, has more deals with automakers to factory-install systems, and is closer to profitability than Sirius will be for a long time) just give O&A tons of material to work with. Some of the material falls right into their laps when idiots like High Pitch Eric or Cabbie open up their mouths about O&A.

Neither side is innocent and this growing feud makes for great radio. There's a reason Howard can't organize a "funeral" for O&A like he did for that guy in Philly years ago (DeBalla?) He knows he'd never get that kind of widespread support. O&A are incredibly popular and Stern faces far too much backlash because they are also national and their fans wouldn't stand for it.

I became a big fan of O&A while they were on WNEW. Their show is a lot different than Howards. While some of their stunts (Wiffle bat challenge, 55-gallon drum, sex for sam) were funny, some of the slow days weren't very good. Anthony really is funny as hell and Norton helped keep things at a good pace.

That said, I had no intention of buying XM when they signed on. I was hoping Stern would go to XM so I could hear both shows. Howard going to Sirius was enough for me to buy the system. I've already filled all 30 pre-sets with station. It's that good.

Hard Attack, Octane and Buzzsaw are all great.

Anyway, I'm not sure what O&A and their fans obsession with Howard is though. I could see it for O&A themselves somewhat because it's gets their fans riled up, but who cares really? Where was the O&A army today? They're two different shows with plenty of fans that enjoy both.

and I thought Howards speech sucked. I cringed every time he said "last of a dying breed"

any estimates on how big the crowd was?
:goodposting: Basically they spend so much time on Stern because he made their life hell while they worked at the same company. He even claims that he is the innovator (sp?) of satellite radio, when O&A have been broadcasting for over a year now.

I know that most Howard fans are going to knock them just because Howard tells them that they aren't funny, but anyone that would like to check them out for themselves and see what O&A are all about can click the link in my sig and check out XM Radio online for free for 3 days.

I think in both cases it's 50% paranoia, 50% radio shtick. One thing that Howard was good at was attacking the big dog in each market and bringing them down. Wonder where O&A got the idea to go after Howard. Unfortunately for them, Howard does have some power in the industry and could keep them in check. That only propels O&A to step up the intensity I guess.And as far as Howard saying he's an innovator in satellite, I think he's talking about what he plans on doing with the 2 channels. What do O&A do as innovators in the industry? They do their show and go home. It remains to be seen what Howard does, but for sure it will be 100x more effort put into it than what O&A do. Is Howard a paranoid ##### who has a tight control on his career? YesIs there enough room for both shows on two competing systems? YesIt makes for great radio for fans of O&A. Most fans of Howard could care less about O&A. Some, like me, enjoy both shows.

I think Jackie leaving and then Howared Stern whining to Viacom management and demanding that O&A not be allowed to mention his name on air did it for me. Imagine Mr. Free Speech wanting to censor another broadcaster.

Howared Stern whining to Viacom management and demanding that O&A not be allowed to mention his name on air did it for me.
I don't know whether it did happen or not. Is there any proof of this, or is it just what O&A say happened?

I have almost all the Channel 9 shows on tape. and Butt Bongo Fiesta and Crucified Box Set

Howared Stern whining to Viacom management and demanding that O&A not be allowed to mention his name on air did it for me. 
I don't know whether it did happen or not. Is there any proof of this, or is it just what O&A say happened?
I wish they'd all stop bickering and just get to trying to be funny.

Let's just say I worked under the COO at Viacom for 4 years before Karmazin came in after the CBS deal. This was discussed.

I think in both cases it's 50% paranoia, 50% radio shtick. One thing that Howard was good at was attacking the big dog in each market and bringing them down. Wonder where O&A got the idea to go after Howard. Unfortunately for them, Howard does have some power in the industry and could keep them in check. That only propels O&A to step up the intensity I guess.

And as far as Howard saying he's an innovator in satellite, I think he's talking about what he plans on doing with the 2 channels. What do O&A do as innovators in the industry? They do their show and go home. It remains to be seen what Howard does, but for sure it will be 100x more effort put into it than what O&A do.

Is Howard a paranoid ##### who has a tight control on his career? Yes

Is there enough room for both shows on two competing systems? Yes

It makes for great radio for fans of O&A. Most fans of Howard could care less about O&A. Some, like me, enjoy both shows.
Some of the news items and such that I have heard are saying that Howard is the 1st talk show to move to satellite. I think this is one of the things that O&A have had a problem with.Personally I don't care what shows people listen to. I like O&A and think they have a better show. I know alot of people think that Howard has the better show. And alot of people are a fan of both shows. I think its great that both shows are now able to do and say what they want. The only thing that irritates me are the Howard fans who have never listened to O&A that come out and say that they have no talent or they are Howard clones. If you have listened to them and decided that you don't like them, then I have no problem with that. The show isn't for everyone. But don't rag on them if you haven't heard them yet just because some old Jewish lady said that they weren't good.

I remember when they were on WNEW that they stopped talking about Howard for a while, and then started to refer to him as Radio Edit. Then they stopped that and would just either not talk about him or just say that they were talking about the person they couldn't talk about. Then when they came to XM they explained that Howard had gone to Mel Karmazin and had him stop O&A from mentioning his name. I believe it was because they had mentioned some problem that one of Howards daughters was having. Then they starting using Radio Edit, which Howard also put an end to.

Let's just say I worked under the COO at Viacom for 4 years before Karmazin came in after the CBS deal. This was discussed.
What year was that.If it happened it happened and yes it's not right. But I was listening to O&A when it all started and they never really offered up much proof. I always felt it was shtick. I know it really got heated during Anthony's divorce. I think Dominic Barbara represented Anthony's wife.

I find it hysterical the Hypocrite Howie made it a point in his movie to show how much of a "Richard" Don Imus was, but then turned around and did the same thing to the "Next Big Thing". Howard was funny a decade ago. Right now he is just a facade of his former self. If you like constant whining and people telling you they invented radio every day, then Howard rules!

i know that stern's sirius show starts on january 9. does anybody know if he is allowed to appear on sirius between january 1 and january 9?

Users who are viewing this thread