What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (1 Viewer)

Another vacation? :PI almost feel like I'm paying for reruns at this point.
It was the same in August last year. I think someone mentioned in this thread that they put their subscription on hold for August last year, which is maybe not a bad idea.As a non-listener prior to Sirius, do you not find the old shows interesting or informative at all?

Another vacation? :popcorn:I almost feel like I'm paying for reruns at this point.
It was the same in August last year. I think someone mentioned in this thread that they put their subscription on hold for August last year, which is maybe not a bad idea.As a non-listener prior to Sirius, do you not find the old shows interesting or informative at all?
Hell, I was a non-listener until last November. :pickle:I don't think I've heard a MTT yet that I've liked, but I do remember Mammory Lane being really good the last time they did it. Only heard an hour so far today, but didn't care for it (Specter and parts of Mantle).I get a lot out of Sirius without Stern so I won't put it on hold (plus the price is right), but it is annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
They off next week as well?
Seriously, Howard should retire already. I think there was a YouTube video that quoted Stern during his last days on terrestrial radio saying he'd never take fridays off. Funny, I can't find it on Youtube now.

I think I heard that it's 10 weeks a year he takes off. My guess is that next week being labor day he will be out next week as well.

Seriously, Howard should retire already. I think there was a YouTube video that quoted Stern during his last days on terrestrial radio saying he'd never take fridays off. Funny, I can't find it on Youtube now.
I am more then likely wrong with most of these numbers but its an estimate:52 Fridays off a year = 10 Weeks of VacationChristmas & New Years = 3 WeeksEaster/Passover = 1 WeekMemorial Day - 1 Week (sometimes 2)July 4th = 2 WeeksLabor Day = 1 or 2 WeeksThanksgiving = Sometimes its a couple of days to 1 WeekSo he has about 15-20 Weeks off (almost half a year), that may be a bit excessive but a little of Howard is better then no Howard

I am more then likely wrong with most of these numbers but its an estimate:52 Fridays off a year = 10 Weeks of VacationChristmas & New Years = 3 WeeksEaster/Passover = 1 WeekMemorial Day - 1 Week (sometimes 2)July 4th = 2 WeeksLabor Day = 1 or 2 WeeksThanksgiving = Sometimes its a couple of days to 1 WeekSo he has about 15-20 Weeks off (almost half a year), that may be a bit excessive but a little of Howard is better then no Howard
10 weeks tends to be the number that is put out there, not including Fridays. I think it's accurate. He's never taken 3 in a row off.We can probably figure it out by tracking this thread and/or marksfriggin.

He missed a friend's wedding because he went out drinking the night before and basically slept through the whole day of the wedding. He read the apology letter he was sending to them on the air. You really have to hear it or read it for yourself because there is no way to recite everything he wrote. They said they were going to post the letter on howardstern.com for everyone to see.

What do you think of the story O and A had today about Stern using fake callers? Apparently its a service Mancow and him both use where callers kind of. Insaenly lame to me, the link to the calls is on this page:

http://www.electriceelman.com/radio-guests.html
Who's O & A???????? :shrug:
They are the guys most of Howard's old audience listens to now.But that's neither here nor there, to me, its sad that the once great king has to buy callers now.

What do you think of the story O and A had today about Stern using fake callers? Apparently its a service Mancow and him both use where callers kind of. Insaenly lame to me, the link to the calls is on this page:

Who's O & A???????? :unsure:
They are the guys most of Howard's old audience listens to now.
Is that what they said? Thats weird because they still have no ratings.

They are the guys most of Howard's old audience listens to now.But that's neither here nor there, to me, its sad that the once great king has to buy callers now.
To me Howard's show isn't really about the callers though. Most just want to bust balls and few really add anything to the show. I find his show very entertaining without callers. No one conducts an interview like Stern. He is the best interviewer out there IMO. He doesn't coddle any celebrity and throw out the typical cookie cutter questions that are so cliche like all the other people in the media.

I think you are talking about about the Artists Formerly Known as O&A.The guys on the radio now are shells of their former pre-Sex for Sam selves.

A completely different, and much lamer show.

I missed artie's letter. Details?
You really do have to hear it. Artie describing himself as a fat faced, unshaven blimp, hovering over their wedding, was gold. :unsure:Also calling himself an assbaby because he doesn't have a woman to take care of him was great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who's O & A???????? :kicksrock:
I think you are talking about about the Artists Formerly Known as O&A.The guys on the radio now are shells of their former pre-Sex for Sam selves.

A completely different, and much lamer show.
I agree. I used to be a big fan before they got axed. I've listened a few times since and they've really gotten tame. Haven't heard them on XM so I guess they're better on that.

Gotta re-watch this weeks Rescue Me.

Apparently Richard Cristie has a cameo in a bar scene. I guess the one with Artie.

Good.

The callers suck and this should be money well spent.
The callers barely play a part in Howard's show. It's usually longtime friend's of the show, who I enjoy, or guys Howard just bails on for being boring.Anyone catch Hi-Pitch Eric's prank phone call. The one where he talks #### about the ladies crying kid. That was hilarious. Gold.

If you don't have HowardTV you are missing out. Great stuff.

If you have HowardTV, check out the September 11th retrospective. They are on the air when the attacks happen.

Once they realize it's no joke, it's pretty heavy stuff.

For some reason, I thought the Gary the #######/Richard Christie breathing and Sal and Richard ####### with him about no longer being ######ed bits were lol funny today.

:no:

All these years of hearing Paulie argue with Henry Hill, I always pictured some big goombah.

Didn't expect him to look like this

And only Sal was honest on the wrapup show about how Nancy looks.

The line of the day was from Artie as the emotional friend.

(to sal)

"you keep taking acting lessons, and I'm going to act like I'm not ####ing your wife" :confused:

Who's O & A???????? :sarcasm:
:goodposting:

Are they nuts going crazy over valentina vaughn?It's all relative, obviously, but to act like she is the hottest chick ever is insane.
She's pretty hot, and she does have a quality about her that's half-innocent, half-seductive. However, I agree that they hype her way too much. I thought Hilary Scott on the Cybian a couple months back was one of the hottest things I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread