What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Huge Misses (1 Viewer)

Hwarang26

Footballguy
          I've been playing fantasy football since 1988 when we used to use the USA today newspaper for the final results of the real games. Back then it was a TD only league, yardage bonuses came around a few years later, but only if you threw for 300, ran for 100, or caught for 100. Sandbox was the first fantasy online sight I used. They were also the first ones to give points per 25yds of passing, 10 yds of rushing, or 10 yds of receiving. Now, I play games on Yahoo, NFL, and ESPN. (ESPN being the worst platform IMHO) I've won my fair share I'd say, and I have an overall winning record too. The past few years I'd use NFL.com, thehuddle.com, and information from yahoo to get my fantasy news and advice. Thehuddle.com was the only pay site I would invest in. They were helpful with draft cheat sheets, injury news and projections, and start/sit matchups weekly, but the past few years most my teams have been mediocre, middle of the pack teams. I won an ESPN league two years ago, I won a yahoo league two years ago, and I won an NFL league 3 years ago. So I've had success, however I play in five leagues and one may do real well but the others have been mediocre at best. Which is why I switched from thehuddle.com to thefootballguys.com as my pay for information site. I have to say I really like the way the information is presented and how easy the site is to use and understand. I used the draft dominator in all 5 leagues. I mostly use their projections, it's really helped with the IDP positions on my teams. So far in the NFL League I am 3-7 with a good chance of winning this week (wk 11), in the ESPN League I'm 5-5 and I'm probably going to lose this week ( I started 0-4 in that league) In the Yahoo leagues I'm 4-6, 6-4 and 6-4. There have been huge misses by the projection experts on thefootballguys recently, (Big Ben v Cam last week) HUGE MISS, (C. Davis over T.Y. Hilton this week) there have been other big misses those are just two off the top of my head.  I switched to thefootballguys from thehuddle.com this year, and if things don't get better VERY soon, I'll switch to someone else next year. Great site though, but the fantasy knowledge is off. 

I've been playing fantasy football since 1988 when we used to use the USA today newspaper for the final results of the real games. Back then it was a TD only league, yardage bonuses came around a few years later, but only if you threw for 300, ran for 100, or caught for 100. Sandbox was the first fantasy online sight I used. They were also the first ones to give points per 25yds of passing, 10 yds of rushing, or 10 yds of receiving. Now, I play games on Yahoo, NFL, and ESPN. (ESPN being the worst platform IMHO) I've won my fair share I'd say, and I have an overall winning record too. The past few years I'd use NFL.com, thehuddle.com, and information from yahoo to get my fantasy news and advice. Thehuddle.com was the only pay site I would invest in. They were helpful with draft cheat sheets, injury news and projections, and start/sit matchups weekly, but the past few years most my teams have been mediocre, middle of the pack teams. I won an ESPN league two years ago, I won a yahoo league two years ago, and I won an NFL league 3 years ago. So I've had success, however I play in five leagues and one may do real well but the others have been mediocre at best. Which is why I switched from thehuddle.com to thefootballguys.com as my pay for information site. I have to say I really like the way the information is presented and how easy the site is to use and understand. I used the draft dominator in all 5 leagues. I mostly use their projections, it's really helped with the IDP positions on my teams. So far in the NFL League I am 3-7 with a good chance of winning this week (wk 11), in the ESPN League I'm 5-5 and I'm probably going to lose this week ( I started 0-4 in that league) In the Yahoo leagues I'm 4-6, 6-4 and 6-4. There have been huge misses by the projection experts on thefootballguys recently, (Big Ben v Cam last week) HUGE MISS, (C. Davis over T.Y. Hilton this week) there have been other big misses those are just two off the top of my head.  I switched to thefootballguys from thehuddle.com this year, and if things don't get better VERY soon, I'll switch to someone else next year. Great site though, but the fantasy knowledge is off. 
I’m sure you realize that these “experts” are just making educated guesses like any of us. I know it’s hard to believe, but they can’t predict the future.

Welcome every fantasy site/expert.

Fantasy football info is a commodity at this point. Just look at free projections to get a ballpark and then go with what your gut says from there. It's all flipping coins and luck once you get in the neighborhood.

Serious question, has any site ever been consistently strong with weekly projections? 
I have seen various tracking of this over the years.  FBGs used to perform much better.  I do think one of the weakness of tools like draft dominator or VBD here is that, unless you are making your own projections, it is hard to get a good average of experts.

I have seen various tracking of this over the years.  FBGs used to perform much better.  I do think one of the weakness of tools like draft dominator or VBD here is that, unless you are making your own projections, it is hard to get a good average of experts.
Was that before DD went off the deep end?

:lmao:   ok good talk

Several years back.  You can look through here:  https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/2009-2015.php

For whatever reason, I assume that FBGs pulled their rankings from being used here (vs being so bad they couldn't make it).

That said, yeah.  Let's just say I agree with your take but don't feel like being banned for saying more.
I think sites actually pay to be included. And FantasyPros takes those projections and then throws them into their own site, packages all those projections together, and then sells them as their own product.

Your mother still picks out your clothes for you each day, doesn't she?

I think sites actually pay to be included. And FantasyPros takes those projections and then throws them into their own site, packages all those projections together, and then sells them as their own product.
Good to know.  I like the amount of projections you can see there.

I had better luck using their free info

Dont tell him how to play. Two years ago, he won a Yahoo league. 
Lol, platinum level player! Or maybe gold...how do you get ticked that they misssd on Davis when his qb left the game? I’ve been playing since ‘99, don’t pay for any info, am in 10 leagues and making the playoffs right now in all but 2 (which are dynasty rebuilds). I just come for the forums.

By the way I’m very appreciative that fbgs didn’t change the posting structure to members only. 

You do realize that this all is all an educated guess.... yes?  I mean, everyone saw Tre'Quan Smith going off and Michael Thomas being relatively quiet in comparison.. right? - just to give one example. I mean Evans outperformed OBJ, and the the TB defense is terrible and the Giants have been tough against WR's this year....

These threads where people are legitimately and dead seriously asking why FBG can't predict the future accurately are the best.

Of course it appears FBG takes themselves seriously as fortune tellers (Bigger Miss DJ or Bell? thread :lmao: )... so that might be better.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK

You should get my projections for next year. $60 and have never been wrong. If you aren't totally satisfied, I will give you a 2nd yer for free. 

brohan i like your style take that to the bank 

Users who are viewing this thread