What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I just saw a guy fall out of a building (1 Viewer)

Does landing on a car roof really qualify as a cushioned fall?
If you would have heard it i would say yes.....the top just crumpled. I can't imagine what it would have looked like if he hit the street. I think i am still in shock. I was one of the pedestrian that made sure his neck did not move and directed 911 operators to the scene.

You know that grade school project where you drop a raw egg from a height and try to successfully break its fall, well I am going to start advocating that kids bring in a Camry.

Oh my God. TPW for him and hope it doesn't mess up your day, also. I remember seeing a guy bleeding out of the back of his head and mouth on concrete once after what was apparently a fall, and I've never forgotten it.

Whoa.

If you would have heard it i would say yes.....the top just crumpled. I can't imagine what it would have looked like if he hit the street. I think i am still in shock. I was one of the pedestrian that made sure his neck did not move and directed 911 operators to the scene.
Damn...good for you for helping out. :thumbup:

You're a good man. A clear head in a crisis. He was lucky you were there.

Wow. How close were you when it happened?

Not so fast. Not only did the poor guy fall from a building, but now is missing his wallet.

It's not the fall that kills you. It's the rapid deceleration of organs crashing into one another (or in the brains case the skull). Yes, the top of a car would be preferable to concrete.

5-6 feet away I was waiting to cross....saw him fall most of the way down.

Yup, this. Sorry you saw that but thanks for being one of the good guys left in the world. Jesus...

Yup, this. Sorry you saw that but thanks for being one of the good guys left in the world. Jesus...
I was really shaken up this AM until i found out he was stable....looke like a regular joe, could have been any one of our fathers. Very glad to hear is ok though....

You were mentioned in the article. Nice job helping out. :thumbup:

Once he realized it was a falling body, he said about 20 people rushed around the man, at which point calls were made out to 911. Citizens then started to direct traffic.

Sorry sb, sucks to see something like that. Saw a dude jump in front of a Metro train a couple years ago and it still makes me nervous now when trains come into the station.

Compared to pavement?
Oh, I'm sure it slowed him down. Cushioned just sounds weird.
I thought the same thing. Landing on the downy soft metal car.
Doing a belly flop on top of a car from 11 stories would be safer than a belly flop on water.
he actually was falling backwards...

Yikes. That would stick with me for a long time. :(

Brother-in-law was watching people jump out of the Twin Towers. Something that will stick with you the rest of your life.

Compared to pavement?
Oh, I'm sure it slowed him down. Cushioned just sounds weird.
I thought the same thing. Landing on the downy soft metal car.
Doing a belly flop on top of a car from 11 stories would be safer than a belly flop on water.
he actually was falling backwards...
Same principle if he impacted with a significant surface area of his body.

Was he screaming as he fell? Did you look away at impact?
No screaming at all and yes i watched the impact, it was actually did not seem real. As he was falling everything slowed down until he hit the car then it went into fast motion. was instantly out, no sound from the body. Although when i walked up his eyes were open and he was still breathing. A girl reached down and grabbed his hand. Myself and another gentalmen yelled not to move him. Once people realized what happened there were several other screaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one thing i love about this board is that I feel better discussing it....thanks all...i think i am out of likes so you know the drill....

Not only was the guy fortunate he hit a vehicle, he was fortunate on where he hit it, how he hit it, and the type of vehicle it was.

they should put an awning on every floor of every high rise so that when people fall like this it could be like in the cartoons where he just falls through every awning and it breaks the fall.

Users who are viewing this thread