What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (5 Viewers)

The girl with the fivehead and creepy smile touting Apple's AI on the new phone needs to go away. Far, far away.

Okay, it's been bugging the living crap out of me and I can't hold it in any longer. This commercial is so horribly creepy that I'm left completely speechless. Here goes. First, how old is this female? I mean, I can only assume that she's a full grown adult yet she appears to be no older than 12 to me. Secondly, why is she dressed like a 12 year old boy? Lastly, the dude hitting on her looks to be in his early 40's? With all the females on this planet, why does Apple choose a female that looks like a 12 year old child portraying a grown woman to be their new spokesperson? I mean, there a tons of adults out there that actually look like adults.

The girl with the fivehead and creepy smile touting Apple's AI on the new phone needs to go away. Far, far away.

Okay, it's been bugging the living crap out of me and I can't hold it in any longer. This commercial is so horribly creepy that I'm left completely speechless. Here goes. First, how old is this female? I mean, I can only assume that she's a full grown adult yet she appears to be no older than 12 to me. Secondly, why is she dressed like a 12 year old boy? Lastly, the dude hitting on her looks to be in his early 40's? With all the females on this planet, why does Apple choose a female that looks like a 12 year old child portraying a grown woman to be their new spokesperson? I mean, there a tons of adults out there that actually look like adults.
That's Bella Ramsey of Game of Thrones fame. She's 21 (which is crazy to think 'cuz she was just a kid in GOT).

Are we supposed to know who she is? I always feel like I'm in the dark with current celebrities or famous people that are wildly popular with a different generation or a genre I don't know anything about and get the sense that this person fits that bill. Or maybe this person is the new Flo from Progressive or Jan from Toyota and she'll be famous for that.

That's Bella Ramsey of Game of Thrones fame. She's 21 (which is crazy to think 'cuz she was just a kid in GOT).
I watched Game of Thrones and I did not remember her. . . she still looks like she's 12.

Oh, so she IS a famous person, just not a genre I follow.

Not saying it's not a bad commercial but you think he's hitting on her?
That's the vibe I get, the setting is a party, etc. I mean, to me, it feels like he's her science teacher and he should be saying ". . .did you turn in your 8th grade science fair project yet? I mean it's due on Monday, do your parents know you're up this late?"

That iPhone commercial where the teens are listening outside the parents' door is painful. It isn't funny, it isn't provocative, it isn't controversial. It's just dumb.
Yeah, they're really awful lately. They need to either go back to highlighting product "features" (it's TITANIUM!!!!) or the trippy commercials with good indie music.

That's the vibe I get, the setting is a party, etc. I mean, to me, it feels like he's her science teacher and he should be saying ". . .did you turn in your 8th grade science fair project yet? I mean it's due on Monday, do your parents know you're up this late?"
I mean she says "Siri who was the guy I had a meeting with at Cafe blah" :shrug:

I mean she says "Siri who was the guy I had a meeting with at Cafe blah" :shrug:
Right and now she's in a "party" type situation and the guy makes a bee line at her, it seems pretty obvious to me. :shrug:

She’s also the current star of HBO’s The Last of Us alongside Pedro Pascal after the GoT’s popularity.

It’s very creepy. I get an AI vibe if they took John Belushi as a young female.Very weird

She’s also the current star of HBO’s The Last of Us alongside Pedro Pascal after the GoT’s popularity.
Oh that's right, forgot about that. I got about 3-4 episodes into that and gave up. Better for a different thread but I'm wondering if I should restart/finish....

That iPhone commercial where the teens are listening outside the parents' door is painful. It isn't funny, it isn't provocative, it isn't controversial. It's just dumb.
I’m alway trying to figure out what the kids are thinking is going on in there. Do they think the mom is showing the dad her new buzzing toy?

I’m alway trying to figure out what the kids are thinking is going on in there. Do they think the mom is showing the dad her new buzzing toy?
I think that's what they're going for, but of course it's a commercial for mainstream America so they leaned away from the edginess that storyline would require. So instead they end up with vague and uninspiring, not even rising to the level of innuendo and leaving the viewer left wondering wtf is supposed to be going on. Don't they at least market test these things before they roll them out? How does this commercial make anyone want to buy a new iPhone?

As for those AI ads "who is that guy I met in this extremely detailed situation that I seem to know all the other facts about" was pretty funny to me.

I get the intent that is she is shmoozing people in Hollywood in these ads but it is so dumb. There is another ad where a friend asks if she read some script and she has AI summarize it and apparently agreeing to do the project and that seems like a bad career move somehow.

Back to creeper guy commercial, AI coulda wrote a better reply for her than that awkward message she blurted out. Better use woulda been to use AI to find out if there were any restraining orders against him.

-QG

That's a strange reaction.
She's 21, she dresses how she wants, the dude wasn't hitting on her or vice versa, she starred in The Last Of Us and probably talks to people IRL to drum up future work.

Users who are viewing this thread