What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I quit smoking! (1 Viewer)

I'm on Day 25 - not a single butt.

Not easy - I miss my skinny little white friends.

Drinking is not the same - have no urge.

Bored
Day 119 - haven't had one. A few cigars over that time but that's it.Got easier after 3 months. Before that I could have smoked a whole pack in about 1 hour.

Drinking is fun again.

I'm done. No urge anymore
still nicotine. be careful. my brother started smoking cigs again after getting in to cigars.

Day 3 this morning. I deliberately made myself ill on them Friday knowing that would make me avoid a smoke all of Saturday and most of Sunday. I ALMOST had one last night after my wife yelled at me for calling the pregnant Kardashian "pudgy". (Wife is pregnant and is just certain she's going to be "pudgy" too, so she got mad). But I resisted.

I'm on Day 25 - not a single butt.

Not easy - I miss my skinny little white friends.

Drinking is not the same - have no urge.

Bored
Day 119 - haven't had one. A few cigars over that time but that's it.Got easier after 3 months. Before that I could have smoked a whole pack in about 1 hour.

Drinking is fun again.

I'm done. No urge anymore
still nicotine. be careful. my brother started smoking cigs again after getting in to cigars.
Yep. Slowly stopping the cigars too. For those of you quitting now - 3 months is when it starts getting better - at least for me it did.

Those 3 months were hell though - felt like 3 years. Chantrix definitely took the edge off - but you have to 100% want to quit first.

It's been 3 days as a non-dipper now. I hate it, but there some things that I hate even more:

-I hate the feeling of failure at the gas station counter.

-I hate the look of disappointment in the my wife's eyes when I've fallen off the wagon again.

-I hate having sore gums all the time.

-I hate having to take a spit-bottle everywhere.

-I hate leaving brown finger prints.

It doesn't feel like it sometimes now, but I think life as a non-dipper will be wonderful.

It's been 3 days as a non-dipper now. I hate it, but there some things that I hate even more:-I hate the feeling of failure at the gas station counter.-I hate the look of disappointment in the my wife's eyes when I've fallen off the wagon again.-I hate having sore gums all the time.-I hate having to take a spit-bottle everywhere.-I hate leaving brown finger prints.It doesn't feel like it sometimes now, but I think life as a non-dipper will be wonderful.
I dipped early in college and quit when I got an always-ready-to-go girlfriend. Now, the smell of it makes me want to puke. Good luck staying at it - wife has a baby on the way in July so health/convenience/$$$ are my motivator to quit smoking. As a guy who quit all tobacco for 5 years b/w 2001 and 2006 after a 2 pack a day habit, you are correct: a tobacco free life will be wonderful for both of us.

Having my first beers in a couple of weeks...I would kill for a smokey treat right now. Why has Week 2 been so much worse than Week 1?

Anyway, 12 days smoke-free.

300 Cigarettes Not Smoked

$72 Saved.

Learning to drink without smoking is the hardest part but once you get past that, (loved smoking and drinking and now no longer even think about smokes when drinking) it's all gravy. Hang in there.

Learning to drink without smoking is the hardest part but once you get past that, (loved smoking and drinking and now no longer even think about smokes when drinking) it's all gravy. Hang in there.
Very true. A couple of my earlier attempts to quit were derailed because I had avoided drinking for a couple of weeks while I was trying get myself off the cigs. But as soon as I found myself in a situation where I had a few beers, I'd light up without fail. When I did successfully quit, I didn't change my other habits, so I learned to just eliminate smoking from the other activities that I associated with smoking (after meals, driving home from work, while drinking, etc.). It wasn't fun, but the difference between the failed attempts and this one is the desire to quit was real this time.It gets better, HJS. The first month is torture, and then it starts getting better. You'll still occasionally long for a smoke (even 4+ years after I quit, I occasionally get the urge), but it'll become more of a passing thought than a nagging desire.

Three weeks down. Getting a lot easier, but I'm still wary of going out drinking...hit happy hour last friday and was home by 10 because I was two beers away from tackling the nearest smoker and stealing his pack.

575 Cigarettes Not Smoked

$138 Saved

5 weeks. It's not even much of an issue anymore. A couple of really strong cravings per day, but they pass quickly.

Going on a golf trip to Florida next week with 5 other guys. 4 of them smoke like chimneys and the 5th will when he's boozin. It's gonna be a struggle considering I'll be hammered for 5 days straight. Oh well, I'm gonna fight the good fight...I didn't get this far to fall right back to it. :goodposting:

875 cigarettes not smoked.

$241 saved.

5 weeks. It's not even much of an issue anymore. A couple of really strong cravings per day, but they pass quickly.

Going on a golf trip to Florida next week with 5 other guys. 4 of them smoke like chimneys and the 5th will when he's boozin. It's gonna be a struggle considering I'll be hammered for 5 days straight. Oh well, I'm gonna fight the good fight...I didn't get this far to fall right back to it. :hey:

$241 saved.
Keep it up Homer! 6 months and counting here!

Going on a golf trip to Florida next week with 5 other guys. 4 of them smoke like chimneys and the 5th will when he's boozin. It's gonna be a struggle considering I'll be hammered for 5 days straight. Oh well, I'm gonna fight the good fight...I didn't get this far to fall right back to it. :kicksrock:

$241 saved.
Smoked more than a few cigarettes on the Florida trip, but vacations don't count. :goodposting: Going on two months now...

1250 cigarettes not smoked

$300 saved.

25 months here.7 Months without a drinklost 45 pounds in those 7 months.I'm not sure who this guy is that has taken over my body.
Holy #### dude. That's great. :shrug:I really really really need to get on the weight loss train...I've even contemplated quitting the sauce. :scared:
I've found that I don't piss as many people off or spend a ton of money now but I also don't have nearly as much fun.

25 months here.7 Months without a drinklost 45 pounds in those 7 months.I'm not sure who this guy is that has taken over my body.
Holy #### dude. That's great. :shrug:I really really really need to get on the weight loss train...I've even contemplated quitting the sauce. :scared:
I've found that I don't piss as many people off or spend a ton of money now but I also don't have nearly as much fun.
Yeah, that's a tradeoff I'm just not willing to make at this point.

Josie Maran said:
PizzaDeliveryGuy said:
Josie Maran said:
PizzaDeliveryGuy said:
Holy #### dude. That's great. :thumbup:I really really really need to get on the weight loss train...I've even contemplated quitting the sauce. :scared:
Yeah, that's a tradeoff I'm just not willing to make at this point.
:phew:

5 Days.

$30 saved.

It's a start!

Been awhile since this has been updated, Homer how are you and everyone else doing? I'm taking Chantix, it's helping a great deal. It really has taken the constant craving away. But any tips for the occasional flip-out, I have to have a ####### cigarette right now episodes?? Only had a couple since last week, but man is that a tough time.

Had my last cig November 30th. Was actually easier than I thought. And I can still get black out drunk without relapsing. Quite surprised by that (as are all my friends)

5 Days. $30 saved. It's a start!Been awhile since this has been updated, Homer how are you and everyone else doing? I'm taking Chantix, it's helping a great deal. It really has taken the constant craving away. But any tips for the occasional flip-out, I have to have a ####### cigarette right now episodes?? Only had a couple since last week, but man is that a tough time.
Electronic cigarette with 0 MG ends. Gives me the cure for needing to do something with my hand and exhaling the vapor is quite a mind trick.I only use one now when i'm drinking and the group busts out a cigar or something but have my nephew using one to kick his craving.

Going to quit Skoal again. Starting today.

Been dipping for 10 years - up to 1 can a day right now.

Wish me luck. Going cold turkey. Hope I don't have to choke anyone out.

Going to quit Skoal again. Starting today.Been dipping for 10 years - up to 1 can a day right now.Wish me luck. Going cold turkey. Hope I don't have to choke anyone out.
Good luck. :thumbup: I'll have quit smoking for 1 year this Friday, Feb. 10. Electonic cigarettes from day 1 made it relatively easy.

Going to quit Skoal again. Starting today.Been dipping for 10 years - up to 1 can a day right now.Wish me luck. Going cold turkey. Hope I don't have to choke anyone out.
Good luck.795 days without nicotine for me. Cold turkey. Only way to do it.

29 Months11 Months73 PoundsNo longer a weezing heart attack waiting to happen.
:goodposting: Great job.
Fantastic.
update?
46 months28 months85 poundsPlus I have put on a lot of muscle due to lifting for about 10 months.

My goodness. I actually had to go back and look in this thread to see how long I've been quit. That's how much of a distant memory smoking is.

Official count:

7 years

3 months

6 days

'John Bender said:
Best of luck to you.I dipped for 10 years and had my last one 6 months and 6 days ago.

I am now in my second month. Started out with Chantix now nothing.

So far weight has not been a problem- my hands are still shaking so hard I can't hold a fork.

This is the longest I have ever gone

I just quit caffeine cold turkey on Saturday morning and it reminded me of this thread as I drink way too much coffee all day. I haven't felt this crappy since quitting smoking. Not as intense but there is definitely an urge to just have a cup to get rid of the headache and minor depression I'm feeling!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread