What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I quit smoking! (2 Viewers)

Keep it up Tipsey and good for you.On a serious note, does anyone know how you go about finding a hypnotist for this kind of thing?  BSR wants to quit and nothing else is working but he thought maybe that would work.  Anyone know?
My mom tried a hypnotist, it didn't work. I quit 7 years ago using the patch. I had no withdrawls or cravings. A lot of it is mindset.
Really? Crap. Well, I guess we'll have to look into the patch thing. He tried that once and quit for awhile but started up again.
If only there was a way you could bribe him.
Damn your good memory!!! :rant: :lol:
Just in case.
You are a very, very bad man. :angry: BTW, are you officially changing your name from GStrot to GSpot?

Keep it up Tipsey and good for you.On a serious note, does anyone know how you go about finding a hypnotist for this kind of thing?  BSR wants to quit and nothing else is working but he thought maybe that would work.  Anyone know?
My mom tried a hypnotist, it didn't work. I quit 7 years ago using the patch. I had no withdrawls or cravings. A lot of it is mindset.
Really? Crap. Well, I guess we'll have to look into the patch thing. He tried that once and quit for awhile but started up again.
Just in case.
You are a very, very bad man. :angry: BTW, are you officially changing your name from GStrot to GSpot?
Only for the ladies.

Just in case.
Only for the ladies.
:lol: The problem is that I've only heard the guys here call you that. What's up with that? :confused:

nice hijack yall.

:rotflmao:

Msr BSR: I'm not sure i wanna get mixed up in this with BSR. Having grown up in a Catholic family, my main course of action to get him to stop would be having you guilt him into it. That just feels like a train wreck waiting to happen. In other words, i don't want to start anything :boxing:

That being said...............

help mrs bsr make him quit

I hope I don't become a preachy ex-smoker, but i almost feel obligated to spend the rest of my days convincing others to quit.
Feel free to convince BSR to quit.TIA
Has he tried taking Wellbutrin? I have quit for 3 months now after smoking for 10 years with the help of this...

Just in case.
Only for the ladies.
:lol: The problem is that I've only heard the guys here call you that. What's up with that? :confused:
They are ladies.

Day 12feel so unclean today. I let my staff smoke it up at the end of the night (while I finished the papers) and the area filled with smoke immediately. I was so nauseated by it that I had to sit 1/2 a room away while fininishing my beer. I only had one beer, so my hangover this morning is rather unexpected.I think the smoke made me feel like this. I went over to the restaurant & the smell of it was downright nasty, not helped by the chef having a cigar in there this morning.Would it be too soon to ban smoking inside the restaurant?

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 12feel so unclean today. I let my staff smoke it up at the end of the night (while I finished the papers) and the area filled with smoke immediately. I was so nauseated by it that I had to sit 1/2 a room away while fininishing my beer. I only had one beer, so my hangover this morning is rather unexpected.I think the smoke made me feel like this. I went over to the restaurant & the smell of it was downright nasty, not helped by the chef having a cigar in there this morning.Would it be too soon to ban smoking inside the restaurant?
I live in Delaware and smoking has been banned in bars and restaurants for over a year now. I am not sure if I could have quit without that law being enacted. Something about drinking and smoking seems all to natural to me. Anyway, it is a nice chnge to come back from the bars and not smell like crap. Maybe a smoke-free place would be welcomed in your area?

Day 14.2 am. Drunk. Craving. Glad im too lazy to go buy any.
Dude. I'm proud of you. STICK WITH IT. Btw - YOUR MOTHER HAS THE BEST BREASTS OF ALL THE MOTHERS"You know what I mean.I was in your boat and I fell overboard. I'm still trying to quit for good.More power to you, my friend.
:goodposting:

i was bad this weekend while drunk & hanging out with all my ATL buddies here in Pensacola. Very mad at myself. :hot:
If it is any consolation, after 2 days of no smokes, and wanting to kill somebody, I also fell off the wagon. :bag:

i was bad this weekend while drunk & hanging out with all my ATL buddies here in Pensacola. Very mad at myself. :hot:
If it is any consolation, after 2 days of no smokes, and wanting to kill somebody, I also fell off the wagon. :bag:
Shhhhhhhhhhhmoke em if ya got em!! :excited:

Sorry to hear that. One bad day is ok I guess. Just don't smoke today.

Shhhhhhhhhhhmoke em if ya got em!! :excited:
If it is sticky and green, I'd agree.Otherwise, NO.I'm considering quitting again myself. Trying to tell myself tmr. is the day I try.
actually, the sticky green stuff helped me let my guard down. That combined with the drinking. Being in the man room (aka...the garage + a couch) with a 6 smokers didn't help either.Back in NOLA now....back on the wagon.

Sorry to hear that. One bad day is ok I guess. Just don't smoke today.
I had a slip earlier in my first few days. I was dismissive about it.Not this time. Now i'm really mad at myself. I want to remain angry at myself until I can go more than 2 weeks without having some excuse to smoke a few. It is such a nasty habit, and i want to be done with it. FOR GOOD.I want to be that person who gets sick everytime they smell it.I want to be that ex smoker that convinces the rest of the smokers how nasty/expensive/stupid it is.rantover

nice hijack yall. :rotflmao: Msr BSR: I'm not sure i wanna get mixed up in this with BSR. Having grown up in a Catholic family, my main course of action to get him to stop would be having you guilt him into it. That just feels like a train wreck waiting to happen. In other words, i don't want to start anything :boxing: That being said...............help mrs bsr make him quit
So this is where that thread came from.Your story is inspirational.

The new DAY 1. Jan 17th, 2005 (last actuall smoke after midnight on the 16th.)It is amazing how quickly the cravings can come back after smoking a few cigs. I counted 5 cravings in an 30 min span last night while watching tv. I nearly dipped into raging lunatic role last night as well. How much have i saved already with me & the wife not buying a pack since Jan 1st? $136. Actually more than that considering the wife hasn't bought any since the day she found out she was knocked up, so the total should be a little higher. More like $275 since she quit buying.We could have 30k if we had decided to save all cig money over the last 10 years. Crying shame. What a waste.

I want to be that ex smoker that convinces the rest of the smokers how nasty/expensive/stupid it is.
The rest of this post is good, and I hope you're successful in this difficult endeavor, but do yourself a favor and DON'T be this guy. No-one likes a preachy, self-righteous individual, even if you are trying to help people.

I want to be that ex smoker that convinces the rest of the smokers how nasty/expensive/stupid it is.
The rest of this post is good, and I hope you're successful in this difficult endeavor, but do yourself a favor and DON'T be this guy. No-one likes a preachy, self-righteous individual, even if you are trying to help people.
nobody really likes me anyway, so what the hell.seriously, i want to hate the nasty MF'ers. I don't really want to be the exsmoking nazi.However, I wish i had taken that stance (internally at least) this weekend hanging out with my out of town friends. :hot:

The New Day 2. Past the 48 hour mark since my very last smoke. I am in the "i hate the nasty MF'ers" mode right now.Back to work. :hot:

Update please.How many cigs have you had since yesterday???
see above post.finishing up the dinner shift at the restaurant now. just got done eating & having a glass of wine as we speak. I had my usual after eating craving, but it passed quickly. I am determined not to change my start date again.

Geesh. I suggest (again) you get the patch... Path of least resistance. Good luck either way. It sounds like your environment is making this more difficult than it would be for most.

Geesh. I suggest (again) you get the patch... Path of least resistance. Good luck either way. It sounds like your environment is making this more difficult than it would be for most.
i was reading about relapse rates for people on the patch & chewing the nic gum vs. going cold turkey.cold turkey has a less likely chance of relapsing.once you get the nic out of your system (72 hours max) you only have to fight the mental urges. I've spent 20+ years building up my "triggers" so to speak, so they will take a while to 86.we are a nonsmoking restaurant until closing, but then the staff lights em up. that can suck, but i can also tell them no or go outside if it gets too tough.

i was reading about relapse rates for people on the patch & chewing the nic gum vs. going cold turkey.cold turkey has a less likely chance of relapsing.once you get the nic out of your system (72 hours max) you only have to fight the mental urges. I've spent 20+ years building up my "triggers" so to speak, so they will take a while to 86.we are a nonsmoking restaurant until closing, but then the staff lights em up. that can suck, but i can also tell them no or go outside if it gets too tough.
Interesting stuff about the relapse. I am just more worried about quitting the filthy habit first.

Interesting stuff about the relapse. I am just more worried about quitting the filthy habit first.
embrace the horror. Again, nicoteen (sp) only stays in your system for 72 hours. Only 3 days as far as the physical withdrawls. The mental ones are tough, but easily combated if you can take 1 minute to breath deeply & use some mental postitive reinforcement (i.e....meditate for a spell)i fell off the wagon because i was with out of town friends who smoke + the power of alcohol. i should have been stronger, but i decided not to fight it all weekend.BAD IDEA: :rant: :hot:

i fell off the wagon because i was with out of town friends who smoke + the power of alcohol. i should have been stronger, but i decided not to fight it all weekend.BAD IDEA: :rant: :hot:
Thats my boy. :devil: :excited:

we are a nonsmoking restaurant until closing, but then the staff lights em up. that can suck, but i can also tell them no or go outside if it gets too tough.
If there is a nightly smoke-a-thon in the restaurant, wouldn't customers still smell it the next day?

we are a nonsmoking restaurant until closing, but then the staff lights em up. that can suck, but i can also tell them no or go outside if it gets too tough.
If there is a nightly smoke-a-thon in the restaurant, wouldn't customers still smell it the next day?
no, our backed up sewer lines take care of that. :X (i kid )sometimes yes, but mostly we have the hood on in the kitchen & that will suck a golf ball through 50' of .....you know the line. it takes care of most of the smell.

i fell off the wagon because i was with out of town friends who smoke + the power of alcohol. i should have been stronger, but i decided not to fight it all weekend.BAD IDEA: :rant: :hot:
Thats my boy. :devil: :excited:
I was told to tell you to stop but didn't wanna do the log out/log in thing. :angry: <----Also.

we have a stop smoking thread for you already BSR.....
Sorry. That was my fault. I told him he had to give Peens the :angry: face for not being supportive. ;)
ty for the support Mrs. BSR.sorry i completely failed on gettin the MR. to join my quitting gang.
Actually, he did ask me to buy him the patch. He has cut down to only having a pack over 2 1/2 days.Woo hoo! :pickle:

we have a stop smoking thread for you already BSR.....
Sorry. That was my fault. I told him he had to give Peens the :angry: face for not being supportive. ;)
ty for the support Mrs. BSR.sorry i completely failed on gettin the MR. to join my quitting gang.
Actually, he did ask me to buy him the patch. He has cut down to only having a pack over 2 1/2 days.Woo hoo! :pickle:
the patch will only prolong his misery. it keeps you somewhat addicted to nic.remember the 72 hours speech. after you get nic out for 3 days, you only have the mental triggers to deal with.don't tell me you let him smoke in the house?

don't tell me you let him smoke in the house?
"Let?"I choose not to smoke in the house. I choose to be considerate. If I chose another way to be then that's the way it'd be 'cause I have "hand."I decide what's for dinner and by God how I'm gonna cook it and WHEN I wash up the dishes!!!!!

"Let?"I choose not to smoke in the house. I choose to be considerate. If I chose another way to be then that's the way it'd be 'cause I have "hand."I decide what's for dinner and by God how I'm gonna cook it and WHEN I wash up the dishes!!!!!
:popcorn: this should get nice.

"Let?"I choose not to smoke in the house. I choose to be considerate. If I chose another way to be then that's the way it'd be 'cause I have "hand."
:goodposting: BSR = A Mans "Man"BSR will also decide when to "Get Some"!! :excited:

Had a cigarette this morning.... I think if I quit working I would have a much easier time with the no smoking. I will start again tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread