What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"I think we'll have him at the beginning of the year" (1 Viewer)

TheBradyBunch

Footballguy
http://www.mlive.com/lions/audio/popup.ssf?070814_wdfn_martz

or get the audio link on http://www.mlive.com/lions/

The very last question on this interview on WDFN-AM in Detroit was Martz's gut feeling on KJ and how long he could be out. Here's the quote - as quickly as I could jot it down.

"Ya know, I see him run out there and I really don't know. Shoot. I think we'll have him at the beginning of the year, though, I really do. That's my gut feeling. I'd be surprised if we didn't." -Mike Martz on Kevin Jones

Now before you KJ owners get too excited, the rest of the interview he spent raving about the offense this preseason and how he felt Tatum could do some nice things on draws and such because of the Receivers. He also had some great things about Roy and how he's just lightyears ahead of everybody else..or something to that effect.

As someone that's kept an eye on this KJ situation this summer, I firmly expect to hear that he's out for the year come tomorrow (sarcasm). I don't think I've seen an injury quite like this one where the news seems to differ by the day. Take it fwiw...

I believe he goes on to say TBell is his starter until KJ can beat him out no matter when he makes it back...this is coach speak guys and girls..look for Det. to take it very slow with KJ and likely PUP him untill week six.

I believe he goes on to say TBell is his starter until KJ can beat him out no matter when he makes it back...this is coach speak guys and girls..look for Det. to take it very slow with KJ and likely PUP him untill week six.
I think he starts on PUP, but if Martz has a gut feeling that he will be available in week 1, to me it says he must look pretty good.

Marinelli wants him back before week 6 or 7 or whatever it is(out six weeks, plays in 7?) but is not sure if he'll be there week 1. I'd expect him by week 3 or 4. He believes they have to win some in 07 to continue the progress he and Martz have made. Another bad bad season would wreck things.

Users who are viewing this thread