What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Tweeners (1 Viewer)

JaxBill

Footballguy
In our league, we start 2 DL, 2 LB, and 2 DB. Before every draft I usually put out a list of tweeners and what positions they'll be considered for the rest of the year.I do this so people aren't confused by looking at old lists, or whatever.Here's my list of tweeners so far:DL – Abraham, Jason TaylorLB – D. Ware, W.McGinest, Favors (not that anybody is that desperate)DB – Thomas Davis (first DB, then LB, back to DB)Any other entries to add?

Merriman (SD): Currently playing OLB but Marty has hinted about a remote chance of playing DE. If Foley is completely healthy, if Phillips develops at OLB, and if Castillo's injury lingers...Merriman could find time at DE.Lang (CLE): Currently 2nd-string behind Stewart at OLB. I cannot imagine Lang riding the pine. One would assume Lang could find a job on the DL if he's indeed 2nd-string for Week 1. Unfortunately, there has been no indication of him getting any practice time on the DL. Confusing...Boulware (BALT): As of now, it sounds as if Boulware will be playing DE on passing downs. However, the injuries to both A Thomas and Cody could open a door at OLB for Boulware...if he can prove healthy.Brayton (OAK): To most people's disgust, the Raiders seem dead-set on leaving Brayton at OLB. With Sam Williams gone for the season, Brayton probably has little chance of finding his way back to the DL...even though he would play much better at his natural position of DE.Mathis (IND): Even though Mathis will most likely play DE again in '05, there were rumblings of him playing WLB in the offseason. With the development of Gilbert Gardner, I highly doubt Mathis makes a move but it cannot be ignored...especially when the WLB gig in IND could be affected.A Carter (SF): How the mighty have fallen. Carter is currently backing-up Winborn at OLB, but should see time on passing downs. Carter is fearsome pass rusher but is currently lost in the Niners' new 3-4 scheme.

Terrell Suggs seems like the most important of all.
DE, right?http://www.ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=BAL
Don't they have him wearing a LB number?
Jersey Numbering SystemNFL Uniform numbers are handed out with an actual system, which I kind of think is cool. I don’t know of any other pro sport that does this, and it is much better than the randomness of college football.

Position(s) Primary Alternate

-------------------- ------- ---------

QB, P, K 1-19

RB, DB 20-49

C 50-59 60-79

G, T 60-79

WR 80-89 10-19

TE 80-89

DL (NT,DT,DE) 60-79 90-99

LB

If a player changes his position during his playing career in the NFL and such change moves him out of a category specified above, he must be issued an appropriate new jersey number.

Any request to wear a number for a special position not specified

(e.g., H-back) must be made to the Commissioner.

During the preseason period when rosters are larger, the league allows duplication and other temporary deviations from the numbering scheme specified, but the rule must be adhered to for all players during the regular season and postseason. Clubs must make numbers available to adhere to the rule, even if it requires putting back into circulation a number that has been retired or withheld for other reasons.

----

so it is possible that (1) They will change his number come the season, or (2) he petitioned tagliabue and got the deviation approved.

Users who are viewing this thread