What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Waiver Wire Week 5 (1 Viewer)

Dacomish

Footballguy
With week 5 nearly done - what have you got?

The news of Deion Jones being traded to Cleveland could prove interesting if he is on Waiver wires due to injury...

In dynasty, Troy Anderson could be worth a stash. Jones got shipped out, Walker is banged up, and Evans isn’t all that special. I could envision the Falcons wanting to see what Anderson looks like in a more full time role.

Marcus Williams with a wrist injury that sounds like it could be season ending or at least multi week absence. Could this mean Kyle Hamilton time?

You know even though he got benched before the game DeShone Elliott looked good in the boxscore. Anyone actually watch the Lions game? I added him on a speculative basis because Harrison Smith seems a bit gun shy the last 2 games back after the concussion and if he deson't round back into form I was looking at some other options.

Last edited:
You know even though he got benched before the game DeShone Elliott looked good in the boxscore. Anyone actually watch the Lions game? I added him on a speculative basis (dropped a because Harrison Smith seems a bit gun shy the last 2 games back after the concussion and if he deson't round back into form I was looking at some other options.

Everything I have read is that he is the starter and should continue to put up those points as he is in the box a lot and their LB's are meh. Davenport is high on him

You know even though he got benched before the game DeShone Elliott looked good in the boxscore. Anyone actually watch the Lions game? I added him on a speculative basis (dropped a because Harrison Smith seems a bit gun shy the last 2 games back after the concussion and if he deson't round back into form I was looking at some other options.

Everything I have read is that he is the starter and should continue to put up those points as he is in the box a lot and their LB's are meh. Davenport is high on him
I was referring to what happen in the NE game, but agree he should see lots of box looks, here is what I had read:

"Starting cornerback Amani Oruwariye, safety DeShon Elliott and starting nickel cornerback Mike Hughes were all benched. Oruwariye, who led the Lions with six interceptions last year, wasn't even active for the game. He's allowed a 73.1 completion percentage and a 123.4 passer rating with two touchdowns when opponents have thrown his way this season.

Will Harris started in place of Oruwariye and had one tackle before injuring his hamstring and leaving the game.

Elliott signed with the Lions in free agency after spending his first three seasons in Baltimore. The Lions have suffered a number of missed assignments and communication issues in the backend of their defense, and the coaching staff was looking to shake things up back there.

Saivion Smith, who was elevated from the practice squad on Saturday, started in place of Elliott alongside rookie Kerby Joseph. Smith only saw two snaps, however, after suffering a neck injury in a scary situation that saw him down on the field for some time and then loaded into an ambulance and taken to a local hospital. Elliott replaced him and led the Lions with 12 tackles, three tackles for loss and an interception."

The news of Deion Jones being traded to Cleveland could prove interesting if he is on Waiver wires due to injury...
He's not in the Rest of Season rankings (170 players listed) for LBs. Am I missing something?

He's not in the Rest of Season rankings (170 players listed) for LBs. Am I missing something?
I don't have an idea why he isn't listed, probably a glitch or not showing because he started the season on IR. Just a good stash if he was left on the wire. Been talked about in a few of the content articles.

David Ojabo has been on IR since the start of the season and is listed on the Rest of Season rankings but not Deion Jones.

Users who are viewing this thread