What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Barber is out does it help or Hurt Romo's stats? (1 Viewer)

I would guess losing Barber will hurt Romo's stats tomorrow, however maybe he chucks it 60 times? What's your thoughts?
I'm thinking that the DAL running game is even more ineffective without Barber even if Choice has averaged roughly 5.0 ypc this season in his limited work. So, I think as a result he throws it more than he otherwise would have, but the big difference might be inside the 10 when instead of running they might be forced to pass more than usual, which could result in additional TD pass opportunities for Romo than he would normally see. That said, DAL might have limited red zone chances since we are talking about the PIT defense at home.

I'm thinking that the DAL running game is even more ineffective without Barber even if Choice has averaged roughly 5.0 ypc this season in his limited work. So, I think as a result he throws it more than he otherwise would have, but the big difference might be inside the 10 when instead of running they might be forced to pass more than usual, which could result in additional TD pass opportunities for Romo than he would normally see. That said, DAL might have limited red zone chances since we are talking about the PIT defense at home.
If there is not threat of a running game, its going to allow a Pittsburgh defense that leads the league in sacks to tee off on Romo and make it a really long day for him.

Both the website and the link structure are foreign to me....looking forward to a (mainstream) link....
FBG news has Barber OUTPer ESPN

PITTSBURGH -- The Dallas Cowboys' most daunting challenge of the season became more formidable Saturday when the team decided to face the Pittsburgh Steelers' No. 1-ranked defense without Pro Bowl running back Marion Barber.

A high-ranking team source said Barber did not travel to Pittsburgh on the team charter.

Barber, who had been considered doubtful, left the Cowboys' 34-9 Thanksgiving victory over the Seattle Seahawks in the first half after someone stepped on his foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it works for me but all you have to say is 'the link doesn't work' ....'link structure'...'mainstream'......wow, impressive :lmao:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform...t2.aspx?season=

Click on the headline yourself, Einstein or do your own search.
Easy killerI think he did click on the link and I think he was mainly implying the source/website did not seem mainstream enough to be credible to him (ESPN,KFFL,FOX,NFLN etc...) and he was wanting confirmation from one of the more mainstream news sources.

www.sportsnetwork.com is not credible? Wow....I do a lot of research and football write-ups and they've been one of my main sources of information for years. They are an excellent source.

If there is not threat of a running game, its going to allow a Pittsburgh defense that leads the league in sacks to tee off on Romo and make it a really long day for him.
I have visions of the dallas arizona game where Romo was getting knocked around all day. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't finish the game.

gonzobill5 said:
NJ said:
' said:
I have visions of the dallas arizona game where Romo was getting knocked around all day. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't finish the game.
was thinking the same thing about ben

Last edited by a moderator:
gonzobill5 said:
NJ said:
' said:
was thinking the same thing about ben
I'm thinking if Ben hurts his wee wittle pinky, he'll suck it up and stay out there rather than miss a month of football.

Users who are viewing this thread